Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes (37442 Views)

Catalyst Code P0420 & Knock Sensor Code P0328 On My Nissan Maxima / Beware Of Catalyst Stealing Mechanics, Welders And Car Dealers!!!! / Catalyst System Effciency Below Threshold (bank 1) What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
Please in my Car the O2 sensor bank 1 and sensor 1 and 2 have been remove.
what can i do about it?
And how will i know is my Catalyst converter is still functioning.
Thank you
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2012
Wait, are you saying you have 2 holes in your exhaust manifold where both o2 sensors should be?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by shagaman: 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nissparts where is ur office located and do you do repairs
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Hello,

The repair workshop is near UNILAG and the parts store is on Opebi road.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by camary(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
nissparts: If anyone needs a pictorial description of this process, drop your email and I'll send it to you. It's a word document with pictures and too heavy to upload here.

Pls kindly send to ibisyerdig at yahoo.com. im expectant.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Saintp(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ Nissipart,
I have a 99 camry(4cyl) dat is consuming too much fuel. I took it to a mechanic and viewing it from inside a pit, he told me that my catalytic converter has been removed. He said he can do a construction to replace the cat converter which will reduce my fuel consumption intead of buying another one which he said is up to 28k. But i'm confused, where is the location of the 02 sensor? Is it inside the catalytic converter? Cos i'm thinking of replacing the 02 sensors only and see how it goes. But with the catalyst removed, is the 02 sensor lost? what is the cost of the sensors?Is changing it a job for a mechanic or an auto electrician? Please advice me.

Also send me the details to saint2pp@yahoo.com.

Tanx
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
Saintp: @ Nissipart,
I have a 99 camry(4cyl) dat is consuming too much fuel. I took it to a mechanic and viewing it from inside a pit, he told me that my catalytic converter has been removed. He said he can do a construction to replace the cat converter which will reduce my fuel consumption intead of buying another one which he said is up to 28k. But i'm confused, where is the location of the 02 sensor? Is it inside the catalytic converter? Cos i'm thinking of replacing the 02 sensors only and see how it goes. But with the catalyst removed, is the 02 sensor lost? what is the cost of the sensors?Is changing it a job for a mechanic or an auto electrician? Please advice me.

Tanx

nissparts: Wait, are you saying you have 2 holes in your exhaust manifold where both o2 sensors should be?

Here the result of my research.
My car is Camry 97model and consume fuel a lot.
My issue is that the O2 sensor 1 bank 1 and sensor 1 bank 2 is not connected at all. And most machanic around here with my explanation does not even understand me.

Attached also is a result of my scanning

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
Please is there any machanic in calabar, Uyo, Aba or Port Harcourt that can help me fix this?
I have a friend of mine that can help me buy the oxygen sensor

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2012
The above pictures is for Camry 97 - Tiny Light.
My email is zenus01@gmail.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
Saintp: @ Nissipart,

Tanx

The absence of a catalyst is not responsible for your fuel consumption.
Zenus has shown you in the pics above where the oxygen sensors are located.
The one responsible for regulating fuel consumption is the one in front and on top and not the one below.
It's a job for a mechanic
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2012
Zenus, you need to change your spark plugs and both oxygen sensors on top

1 Like

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by segedoo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2012
pls send d mail to segedoo@gmail.com. pls gv a detailed addy of ur shop. my maxima '93's catalyst is messing me up.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
nissparts: Zenus, you need to change your spark plugs and both oxygen sensors on top

Thanks for the responds
Please from the scan report shown in my picture, what do you think I should do.
My Oxygen Sensor one is missing also the sensor two is not also there, it appear to me that me exhaust pipe was change and the they ignore to connect the sensor back.

Please again which one is the plug and where can I buy it . Also how much is the Oxgen sensor. My location is calabar.
Thanks
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
I dont understand your question.
Im not familiar with toyota engines but if your picture up there is correct, Ive already told you what to do based on the codes you have.
Do you want to get the sensors from me? I ask since you already said you have a friend getting it for you.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
nissparts: I dont understand your question.
Im not familiar with toyota engines but if your picture up there is correct, Ive already told you what to do based on the codes you have.
Do you want to get the sensors from me? I ask since you already said you have a friend getting it for you.

Ye, i really need it
How much is the sensor?
The Sensor is not also connected.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by charliemamen: 7:08am On Jul 17, 2012
nissparts: A spacer is N5000

please can i get ur workshop address so that i can bring my car, it just consumes about 20 litres under 2 days...dis is awful...although the silencer(last back port) is leaking, i want to be sure that this is the only cause before i start spending.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by EEL: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2012
nissparts: If anyone needs a pictorial description of this process, drop your email and I'll send it to you. It's a word document with pictures and too heavy to upload here.

Kindly help with the info to lexyzs@yahoo.com.
Best Regards
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
charliemamen:

please can i get ur workshop address so that i can bring my car, it just consumes about 20 litres under 2 days...dis is awful...although the silencer(last back port) is leaking, i want to be sure that this is the only cause before i start spending.

68 Iwaya road, Onike, Yaba.
Please call to schedule an appointment before coming
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
EEL:

Kindly help with the info to lexyzs@yahoo.com.
Best Regards

Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zenus(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
nissparts:

68 Iwaya road, Onike, Yaba.
Please call to schedule an appointment before coming

nissparts: I dont understand your question.

Still waiting your respond. Email is zenus01@gmail.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Saintp(m): 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
@ Nissipart,

Please send to saint2pp@yahoo.com.

Tanx
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sent to Saint
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Jomodupri(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
@Nissparts,

Kindly send to jomodupri@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sent.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by bimbor(m): 4:31am On Jul 25, 2012
@Nissiparts, Mine is a 2007 Honda Accord V6, this car consumes more than 40 litres of fuel per day under normal use! I am S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ scared of driving Į̸̸̨τ̲̅ now sef because of its formiddable fuel consumption! †нє mechanic checked aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ said †нє Catalysts have been removed. After reading this thread, I think I would prefer if you help m̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ look Į̸̸̨τ̲̅ up to see whether †нє Oxygen sensors aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ properly fixed aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ probably run a diagnostic. Pls kindly email m̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ †нє attachment to drbimbor@gmail.com aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ also U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊‎​ phone number in case i want to book an appointment with you. Thank you.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by lawali: 8:28am On Jul 27, 2012
@Nissparts,
I lost my radiator cover before and since I changed it I do loose water from my 05 pathfinder. I have changed about two but the problem still persists. I suspect the cap am using cant withstand the water pressure under hihg temp. is this right or any other cause? If this is correct do you sell and have in stock new 2005 pathfinder radiator cap? How much?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
Cap is N5000
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by lacasa: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Send pls ; doinborbor@yahoo.com

i use ann eod 2005 model

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Long Does A Car Tyre Stay Before They Expire? Expert Opinions Needed / Billionaire Dubai Man Demands For A Car More Expensive Than Most Expensive Car / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.