Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: (1279 Views)

Man Cuts Own Manhood After Being Accused Of Rape / Nigerian Lady Face Jail For Wrongly Accusing Two Men Of Rape / Corpse Of Rape Victim Dumped In Imo Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 01, 2006
Firstly, its a sad embarassed thing being raped, but i want to ask this question, Put urself in the shoes of the victim, who was raped by an armed robber. Would u keep the baby?and Oh, if u were a virgin. Would u keep the baby knwing fully that the baby would always remind u of a sad story. cry

Post in and lets help those in this mess.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by 2cantango(f): 9:58am On Apr 01, 2006
I would certainly keep the baby, I wouldn't even need to think about it, just a flat out yes.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2006
Hey Dear, listen its easier said than done u know? undecided
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by 2cantango(f): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2006
Of course it is, but for me it would be more impossible to have an abortion or give the child up for adoption. The child would be totally innocent in the situation, so doesn't deserve to be killed.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2006
U knw, i think u shuld be given a medal for this, cos u've really answered well.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by Zahymaka(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2006
One thing about victims of rape that men don't understand is that most women don't ever own up -- it leaves scars that last for a lifetime. Men just think it's just some "insertions" and then that's all. Maybe because women have deeper feelings.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by reniks(f): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2006
I certainly won't keep a baby with the genes of an armed robber.I'd save myself the pain of the lasting memory from the horrible experience,and save the baby from having to live with an unpleasant story about his father and birth.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by sade511(f): 2:45am On May 14, 2006
I would have the baby because I would never ever ever ever in my life commit murder by aborting my baby. Its not the baby's fault that he has a useless father. And I wouldnt give my baby up for adoption either because most kids that end up in foster homes get abused and stuff. It would be hard but I know I'll get through it.
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by Rhodalyn(f): 2:50am On May 14, 2006
I could never keep such a baby shocked shocked shocked it will keep bringing back memories, memories which i very much wouldnt want to remember, besides, no baby would like the father to be some core rapist, some core rapist who raped his/her helpness mummy cry
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by nike4luv(f): 3:14am On May 14, 2006
i dont pray for such, but i would keep the baby, afterall, it wasnt any of the childs fault!, to think of it, u might place him/her for adoption
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by shania23: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2006
no one can apprehend the meaning of rape until it has happened to them. first time since it happened i can say the word cos thats what happened to me. something which i thought could never be possible.
ive lay awake many nights and had flashbacks of that early morning and thought how could i of prevented it but it all boils down to the fact i was in my house in my bedroom where i should be allowed to sleep or dress how i want, no one should be allowed to force their way into my bedroom. it doesnt end there, how can one be so cold and not take no for an answer. i didnt want him touching me but he wouldnt stop ,  he was so strong. i still remember crying and wanting him to stop, all i could do was lay there and wait until he finished, i didnt want to aggravate him so i did as i was told, i felt disgusted with myself, i hated my body, its only been 11 weeks since the awful tragedy which honestly still feels like yesterday, i can still feel the pain in my body most mornings when i wake up, i lay there crying, i try forget the incident but its so difficult, im ok for 3days and then not so good for the rest of the week. little noises around the house make me very apprehensive. i am now on antidepressants, im on a long journey to battle my depression ,  i hope one day i make a full recovery. as they say "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger". ive realised taking the easy way out  would only cause angst to my loved ones. i think of this as a test, i wont be destructed. the hardest thing ive had to go through and to relive it brings back painful memories which hopefully i shall be able to forget in time. i try to carry on as before but it wont ever be the same cos this has changed me as an individual. im just not the same and i dont think i will ever be again. i dont wish this upon anyone, its the worst thing anyone can go through and im one of many unfortunate people who have had to go through it. all i know is i cant change the inevitable so i have to learn to live with what happened to me and get over it in time, even if that means i may never forget. just when i thought life couldnt get any worse i find out im pregnant and i have to face the difficult situaution, do i keep the baby or abort it?
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by DasaintHope(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
God heal and mend the broken heart of all rape victims
Re: Victim Of Rape (would U Keep: by thesas(m): 5:33am On Oct 06, 2020
Hi guys. My girlfriend told me she got raped by 3 Aboki after she took a bike trying to return home late. She said she couldn't remember anything from after she climbed the bike and the bike man carried an extra passenger even after she asked him not to. She said they tore her clothes and she could not remember anything that had happened until it was the turn of the fourth person who pitied her and let her go. Please help with advice, I don't know what to do as it's hurting both of us and she is already talking about us going separate ways because of what happened. Please help!
She couldn't remember the bike man's face and can't recall the area or any other detail. Except that she asked to be given back her phone which she was given and she was given some money by some other aboki in the area who also helped her get another bike man that took her home. This happened in Okoko area.

Thing is she refused to tell me the truth about who she went out with that day and I know the truth of who she went out with but she keeps covering that up. I'm confused about wverything.

(1) (Reply)

Rape! Will You Ever Forgive? / A Nigerian Black Money Fraudster Now Working For Abc News / (video) Nigerian In Bangkok Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.