Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? (44549 Views)

Who Killed Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (Fela's Mother)? / Picture Of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti & Beko Ransome-Kuti / Funmilayo Ransome Kuti - Nigeria's Wonder Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Afam4eva(m): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2012
Does anyone know what year she broke this record?
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by ikooko(m): 9:22am On Jun 01, 2012
Let look at it this way: in 1920,
1- How many household/communities had radiogram talkless of a car. These are exclusively for rich and educated families.
2- majority of few cars then were owned by colonians masters and missioneries. so it is very easy to know who owns a car and location of the car. cars a found in major cities.
3- The few roads that were available then were link roads to major cities. the possibility that someone in one remote location had or drove a car is ZERO. A car is not a showoff then.
@ poster please leave bad-bele, you cant debate this topic and win anywhere because having a car then is like having a private jet now and driving a car by a woman then cannot go unannoced.

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by ikooko(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva:
"1diot" is your middle name. Can't someone drive a car to a village? I really don't know what kind of village you come from but my village has had for decades a link road to the cities. So, let your brain do the working before your mouth intercepts. Doofus.
So tell us your village and let us analyse your village btw 1920 & 1940.
It wount surprise me that only a handful of men will have horses in your village in that period.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by apoti(m): 9:34am On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva: Does anyone know what year she broke this record?

Between March 1935 and July 1936, the Ransome-Kutis carried on a
running correspondence with Solanke about two cars; they had sent him
money to purchase the vehicles in England and to have them delivered
to Nigeria. The reverend had been riding a motorised bike and FRK
had sometimes ridden a bicycle, a practice she had begun in England."
The reverend had a moderately serious accident on his motorbike, and
apparently after that the couple decided to buy a car." In fact, FRK be-
came the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria in Abeokuta.”

- Source
For Women and the Nation: Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti of Nigeria
By Cheryl Johnson-Odim, Nina Emma Mba
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by mustspin: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2012
its obvious the OP is just looking for someone to agree with him. . . abeg make una agree with am so he'll stop whining about grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by ENZOSCIFO1: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
I cringe wt fear for the future and shame for this generation, when I see our supposed graduates dispute things like this. We are talking about a time when there was no road to connect lagos Island to Lagos mainland, when the road that led to our villages were just good enough for trekking and at most bicycles (talk less of motor bike) when the total no.of automobile cars in the whole Nigeria were less than 1000, when more than two-third of Nigerians had never seen one before physically, yet you still argue about the authenticity of the report that says Mrs Kuti is first female.A time when every single car owner was known by the authorities, not just as a matter of registration but knowing in totality as to who they are, what they do and where they've been; and u still argue?
God help us all!

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by owobokiri(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Back then, how many cars did you see in your village?
Your grandparents were still digging lice out of each others' hair while Funmilayo was setting record.

You dont need to sound like a she-chimp in heat to make your 'point'.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by gemstone22(f): 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
I wonder how people reason its clearly on record that Mrs Funmi Kuti was the first to drive a car and some mungus asks if that is true. If there are any other records that shows that this is not true then pls show us so we can learn from u,OP. If u no get anything to show then just find food chop. E be like say u dey hungry.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by gemstone22(f): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
queensmith:

Erm, how does she represent every woman in Nigeria considering they were bastardly rich??

She drove a car for Christ sake she didn't launch a rocket into space, how about the first female palmwine tapper?? That will have been different!! Gimme those fun facts!

Please we are just glorifying nonsense and the nonsense individuals.

First woman to drive a car you know the more I hear it the more ridiculous it sounds.
I believe its more polite to SHUT UP If u don't have a REASONABLE contribution to make to a thread. Mrs Kuti wasn't only the first woman drive a car and a bike, she also has a lot of other achievements to her name. These u can read about if u take the time. At a time when women were not heard but seen, she put her feet down and got women to protest for their rights. She wasn't a pushover and she spread the word so all women born and unborn could also be considered important by the government. Next time u want to diss a woman like Mrs Kuti, read well and long before u do so. Its so sad to note that u r even female. Mtcheeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Dede1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
There have been too many hyperbolic assertions about the achievements or lack thereof of Mrs. Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti by those who think a repeated falsehood will become truth. An empty statement of event without date or place of the event is a regrettable effort in futility. I have measured respect for Mrs. Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti but she was a co-founder of most of the stuffs accredited to her name. A woman who did not have the same level of education or sophistication of Mrs. Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti ignited the famous Aba riot of 1929 that shook the foundation of British colonial rule in Nigeria.

We have heard statement about a certain person falling from the sky, an iconic statement that found itself into history books, yet it is questionable. Until those who would bet their lives on wild statement of event supply the date and model of car driven by respectable Mrs. Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, the claim she was Nigeria's first woman to drive a car remains a questionable piece of conjecture.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by uchenna81: 1:08am On Jun 02, 2012
@ onlytrut wink u sound like a bastard ...ur paternity shud be checked...u sound like a child who's mother was impregnated by your father's lanlord...ur are wat the yoruba's call omo ale.....people like u shudn't be on social site...wat has ojukwu and his wives or concubine got to do with this? other's are objective but u're just a bunch of fool....u irritate me...i have lot's of friends from the south west whom i respect so much so 4 their sake i would stop at this...just be more objective and constructive in your post....no disrespect intended but if u want to stoke d flame of war i am ready and waiting 4u....BASTARD
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by OneNaira6: 1:42am On Jun 02, 2012
queensmith:

She paved the way?? Did she build the car? Why do we celebrate mediocrity like this?

Thank you!!! I wonder oo!!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 02, 2012
THRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2012
Walahi talahi, I so much hate these Igbo cannibals! Arrrgh! Please, you human-flesh-eaters from the accursed East, leave our Yorubaland now! Leave! Damn! Imagine the trash these bastards are spitting. We're talking about the time when there only three cars in the whole of Egbaland -- the then Alake of Egba had one, a rich socialite in Abeokuta had one also, and the third was owned by the Kutis. I guess the Igbo cannibals believe the sun only rises and sets in their Biafran backyard even when it's glaring that they are unfortunate liars. When crop up phantom claims like some stinking and hagard loking Igbo witch starting some useless protest that degenerated into a riot in Aba, who cares? Lying b.i.tches and bastards, they even claimed that Odumegwu Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison. When that Igbo cannibal, Ojukwu told that lie, how come these Igbo nitwits didn't pooh-pooh the claim as they're now doing to FRK's verifiable achievement, whereas Ojukwu's claim was a bold-faced lie. Awolowo had been released ever before the war and it was Yakubu Gowon and not Ojukwu who released him Igbo fools ought to allow this to sink into their skull that Awolowo wrote a very passionate letter to the slain cannibal, Aguiyi Ironsi reasoning with him to release him from jail, but the Igbo human eater refused to release him till he was mercilessly dismembered by the marauding Hausa/Fulani soldiers in Ibadan. How was it possible for Ojukwu to have released Awolowo during the war' when the war had not even been declared when the adorable Sage was released by Gowon from the prison in Calabar? Tell us whether it was the Aburi Summit before the war or the other way round. If the Summit happened before the war and Awolowo happened to be the convener of series of meetings in both Ibadan and Lagos ever before Aburi,how was it possible for Ojukwu to 'release' any fvck when he himself was still a Nigerian soldir during this time and Awolowo was no longer in prison. Ojukwu was a liarJ Azikiwe was a liar! All the Igbo cannibals are liars!

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2012
Walahi talahi, I so much hate these Igbo cannibals! Arrrgh! Please, you human-flesh-eaters from the accursed East, leave our Yorubaland now! Leave! Damn! Imagine the trash these bastards are spitting. We're talking about the time when there only three cars in the whole of Egbaland -- the then Alake of Egba had one, a rich socialite in Abeokuta had one also, and the third was owned by the Kutis. I guess the Igbo cannibals believe the sun only rises and sets in their Biafran backyard even when it's glaring that they are unfortunate liars. When crop up phantom claims like some stinking and hagard loking Igbo witch starting some useless protest that degenerated into a riot in Aba, who cares? Lying b.i.tches and bastards, they even claimed that Odumegwu Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison. When that Igbo cannibal, Ojukwu told that lie, how come these Igbo nitwits didn't pooh-pooh the claim as they're now doing to FRK's verifiable achievement, whereas Ojukwu's claim was a bold-faced lie. Awolowo had been released ever before the war and it was Yakubu Gowon and not Ojukwu who released him Igbo fools ought to allow this to sink into their skull that Awolowo wrote a very passionate letter to the slain cannibal, Aguiyi Ironsi reasoning with him to release him from jail, but the Igbo human eater refused to release him till he was mercilessly dismembered by the marauding Hausa/Fulani soldiers in Ibadan. How was it possible for Ojukwu to have released Awolowo during the war' when the war had not even been declared when the adorable Sage was released by Gowon from the prison in Calabar? Tell us whether it was the Aburi Summit before the war or the other way round. If the Summit happened before the war and Awolowo happened to be the convener of series of meetings in both Ibadan and Lagos ever before Aburi,how was it possible for Ojukwu to 'release' any fvck when he himself was still a Nigerian soldir during this time and Awolowo was no longer in prison. Ojukwu was a liarJ Azikiwe was a liar! All the Igbo cannibals are liars!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2012

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 03, 2012
Sky-walker:
were cars not very few back then?

lol.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by uchenna81: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
@olaheavy irespect your knowledge of history but 4rm ur post i begin to wonder if the money spent in ur education was awaste...see d kind of foul languages u used against the ibo's who are intermarried with ur people...howeva i wud remind u that the first woman in nigeria to fly a helicopter is an ibo woman......u insult the ibo's tell me where the yoruba's are better? ur people eat human flesh in recent days, they are known ritualists so what are u talking about...mind the kind of languages u use on social sites it doesnt really tell good of your person...when we are trying to rebuild, to fight our common enemy in poverty u kp insulting the ibo's...go thru your history ur brother's who said they can do without the ibo's see how they ended...by the time Nigeria splits we would know who is who....since the death of your treacherous Awolowo may his soul never find peace how is the yoruba race developing with exception to Lagos which is a no man's land and the yoruba's can never claim till eternity...show me the development in ur so called southwest? channel ur energy on how to develop ur region and leave the ibo's alone. i decided to be polite because today is sunday..but the next time i see such stupid post from you i will give u back in full measure.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
@uchenna, could you please tell us when you and your fellow Igbos would leave our Yorubaland, for good? And, don't forget to take your 'intermarried' swine of a spouse with you to your erosion drenched and fallowed lands in the Bight of Biafra. Because very soon what the Bolo Haram is doing to you Igbos would be a child's play when we Yoruba bluebloods rail on you Eastern r.e.tards. And any unfortunate Yoruba intermarrying with Igbos would only find themselves to blame..
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by uchenna81: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2012
@olaheavy u seem not to be conversant with current realities...but lets get it straight..apart from lagos which i still tell u again is a no man's land which other yoruba state do u find the ibo's? let me remind u dat we have travelled dat road b4 and u ve not...we fought the republic of Nigeria to a standstill when we had few millionaire's so wat do u think will happen to u yoruba's if u cast the first stone?....well u still remain cowards and dat toga can't change..i assure u dat when the time come we will capture the southwest and convert it to biafra farmlands.....as for ur sister's in our custody we will keep taking care of them....for my sister's in ur custody i dare u to touch them.........lazy fool
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by Skywalker5(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2012
uchenna81: @olaheavy u seem not to be conversant with current realities...but lets get it straight..apart from lagos which i still tell u again is a no man's land which other yoruba state do u find the ibo's? let me remind u dat we have travelled dat road b4 and u ve not...we fought the republic of Nigeria to a standstill when we had few millionaire's so wat do u think will happen to u yoruba's if u cast the first stone?....well u still remain cowards and dat toga can't change..i assure u dat when the time come we will capture the southwest and convert it to biafra farmlands.....as for ur sister's in our custody we will keep taking care of them....for my sister's in ur custody i dare u to touch them.........lazy fool

Men that's news to me
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
@SkyWalker, yes, it would be news to any right thinking human being as well. However, @uchenna and his ilks continue to fantazise about Lagos. Maybe you didn't know -- to the Igbos and other Easterners Lagos is Africa's London. In the past, the Igbos used to actually claim Lagos as their own, but I wander why these days Lagos is now become a 'no man's land' in their fantasy. When Babangida moved the capital out of Lagos the Igbos were ecstatic, but they still continue to live illegally in Yorubaland in their millions. The myopic @uchenna asked if the Igbos human eaters are in any parts of Yorubaland other than Lagos. I can see how stupid and backward the Igbos really are -- no wonder they refer to their erosion-damaged Biafran caves as 'villages.' @uchenna, I am sure some of your fellow Igbo cannibals will be mad at you for d
embarrasing and disgracing them if you truly meant it that you didn't know that millions of the Igbo pigs are ubiquitous all over Yorubaland! Igbo dunce, go to Ibadan, which is the largest city in the whole of Africa, the Igbo cockroaches abound as hell. What about Abeokuta, Ilorin, Ogbomoso, Osogbo, Ife, Ijebu Ode, Oyo, Iwo, Ikirun, Ondo, Ekiti, Ilesha, and etc? Igbo cannibals full ground well well in all of the aforementioned cities and towns across Yorubaland. Useless, betraying human-eaters, they never give a thank you note us their benefactors. Igbo scoundrels claim they're about commerce and trading, now tell us, if the Yorubaland does not provide a conducive atmosphere for you trades and goods I wonder where you will go to sell your useless wares. We don't need you Igbos. We're tired of your parasitic punkheads -- just leave now! I meant it when I said that what the Boko Haram did and continue doing to you Igbo bloodclots would be a child's play when we Yoruba descend on you Igbo mofos from the accursed Biafra. BE GONE, mofos and fatherfuckers!

2 Likes

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by olaheavy: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
@SkyWalker, yes, it would be news to any right thinking human being as well. However, @uchenna and his ilks continue to fantazise about Lagos. Maybe you didn't know -- to the Igbos and other Easterners Lagos is Africa's London. In the past, the Igbos used to actually claim Lagos as their own, but I wander why these days Lagos is now become a 'no man's land' in their fantasy. When Babangida moved the capital out of Lagos the Igbos were ecstatic, but they still continue to live illegally in Yorubaland in their millions. The myopic @uchenna asked if the Igbos human eaters are in any parts of Yorubaland other than Lagos. I can see how stupid and backward the Igbos really are -- no wonder they refer to their erosion-damaged Biafran caves as 'villages.' @uchenna, I am sure some of your fellow Igbo cannibals will be mad at you for d
embarrasing and disgracing them if you truly meant it that you didn't know that millions of the Igbo pigs are ubiquitous all over Yorubaland! Igbo dunce, go to Ibadan, which is the largest city in the whole of Africa, the Igbo cockroaches abound as hell. What about Abeokuta, Ilorin, Ogbomoso, Osogbo, Ife, Ijebu Ode, Oyo, Iwo, Ikirun, Ondo, Ekiti, Ilesha, and etc? Igbo cannibals full ground well well in all of the aforementioned cities and towns across Yorubaland. Useless, betraying human-eaters, they never give a thank you note us their benefactors. Igbo scoundrels claim they're about commerce and trading, now tell us, if the Yorubaland does not provide a conducive atmosphere for you trades and goods I wonder where you will go to sell your useless wares. We don't need you Igbos. We're tired of your parasitic punkheads -- just leave now! I meant it when I said that what the Boko Haram did and continue doing to you Igbo bloodclots would be a child's play when we Yoruba descend on you Igbo mofos from the accursed Biafra. BE GONE, mofos and fatherfuckers!
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by DrDre1(m): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
Smh @ the way things turn out on Nairaland these days. sad
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by LIncomers: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
I can't understand this anymore
Nairaland is the new battleground
Must everything degenerate into a tribal fight...
This is a reflection of what truly is..
Most people are just being silent about.
....And I believe its just frustration incited by the government action that has now given us a reason to attack one another...

Nigeria has a problem and it can only be solved collectively and not pointing fingers at one another ..

I'm not sure their is still a Nigeria from what I'm seeing here....

So what does the original thread say undecided

1 Like

Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by queensmith: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
gemstone22: I believe its more polite to SHUT UP If u don't have a REASONABLE contribution to make to a thread. Mrs Kuti wasn't only the first woman drive a car and a bike, she also has a lot of other achievements to her name. These u can read about if u take the time. At a time when women were not heard but seen, she put her feet down and got women to protest for their rights. She wasn't a pushover and she spread the word so all women born and unborn could also be considered important by the government. Next time u want to diss a woman like Mrs Kuti, read well and long before u do so. Its so sad to note that u r even female. Mtcheeeeeeeeew

You are also a nonsense individual, we are talking about the legacy built out of being able to drive a car. You speak as if women are still not hidden under subordinate umbrellas in Nigeria. Granted it's not Saudia Arabia but its no less backwards. This nonsense topic being a clear reason how.
If this thread was celebrating her soo called 'plethora of acheivements' (that the world has never seen) *rolls eyes* then maybe the conversation will be different.
Bottom line- this is a nonsense legacy. #thatisall. Its not as if she was even the first woman to drive a car, i'm very sure she had seen and known that women have been doing it for years and just brought a 'fashion statement' from europe to Nigeria. We now cling onto it like she died on the cross. Abeg gerrout.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by illicit(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2012
afam4eva:
There were few cars then but don't you think that in one remote village or town, a woman could have driven a car even if she was been thought how to drive.
see back then, to drive a car u need to register and learn driving b4 u get a license, ok? she registered, learned first and drove it first as a woman. if theres any other person wit such record atleast we havent heard about it.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by mscheev02(f): 2:49am On Dec 06, 2015
T9ksy:

Of course, it cannot be right!!!

Had the name been one of Ojukwu snr's wife/concubine then, it is an absolute truth!

Ibos and their bad belle, sef! I tire 4 una!!

Excuse me, don't say ' Ibos', say some ibos. This is why tribalism is still a big issue in Nigeria. My parents are Ibos and they support unity and I know some others like them. That statement was very wrong.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by mscheev02(f): 2:53am On Dec 06, 2015
olaheavy:
embarrasing and disgracing them if you truly meant it that you didn't know that millions of the Igbo pigs are ubiquitous all over Yorubaland! Igbo dunce, go to Ibadan, which is the largest city in the whole of Africa, the Igbo cockroaches abound as hell. What about Abeokuta, Ilorin, Ogbomoso, Osogbo, Ife, Ijebu Ode, Oyo, Iwo, Ikirun, Ondo, Ekiti, Ilesha, and etc? Igbo cannibals full ground well well in all of the aforementioned cities and towns across Yorubaland. Useless, betraying human-eaters, they never give a thank you note us their benefactors. Igbo scoundrels claim they're about commerce and trading, now tell us, if the Yorubaland does not provide a conducive atmosphere for you trades and goods I wonder where you will go to sell your useless wares. We don't need you Igbos. We're tired of your parasitic punkheads -- just leave now! I meant it when I said that what the Boko Haram did and continue doing to you Igbo bloodclots would be a child's play when we Yoruba descend on you Igbo mofos from the accursedw Biafra. BE GONE, mofos and fatherfuckers!

I pray for you. May God give you wisdom.
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by quickly: 2:58am On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Was Funmilayo Ransome Kuti The First Woman To Drive A Car? by mscheev02(f): 3:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Whoever started this thread was in the wrong and we all know that but comparing all Ibos and saying nasty words to all of them in general is just being narrow minded. We all know every tribe has their bad eggs so it's not right to point fully in one direction. We don't all support Biafra same as some don't support unity. Please get your facts right. Tribalism is a big issue in Nigeria and with comments I have read so far, I fear that the issue is bigger than we thought. I am a proud Igbo lady but a Nigerian first, comments like this are very disappointing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oriental Hotel: You Lied - Olanrewaju Tackles Tinubu’s Campaign Team / Governor Obiano Commissions Nengo Bridge, Nteje And Others (Photos) / President Tinubu and Vice President Shettima Update Their Twitter Handles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.