Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Gear Oil In Automatic Tramsmission Engine,does It Need Changing? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Oil In Automatic Tramsmission Engine,does It Need Changing? (3014 Views)

Function Of O/D (over Drive) In Automatic Transmission? / Please Explain The Following Terms In Automatic Transmission Vehicles: / Function Of 1, 2, And D In Automatic Gear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gear Oil In Automatic Tramsmission Engine,does It Need Changing? by Olatad: 6:23pm On May 31, 2012
Hi there,does it necessarilly need to change gear the oil in an Auto engine?I have got a Toyota Camry car that i have been using for 2 yrs and never change the gear oil cos it always remains clean anytime i check it,and its working fine.However,my mechanics just advised me that i change the oil eventhough,it still looks fine.I would appreciate it if d engineers or anyone in d house with better understanding of d issue could put me through.Thank and God bless!
Re: Gear Oil In Automatic Tramsmission Engine,does It Need Changing? by Lexusgs430: 11:46pm On May 31, 2012
Yes, your ATF needs to be changed @ least once a year or depending on the mileage you cover within that period. It is essential to use the appropriate ATF for your vehicle. Since you bought the vehicle, have you changed the ATF? Or do you have the service history to confirm when last it was changed?
Might also be handy to know if your engine is driven by a timing belt or a timing chain, if it is a timing belt, @ what mileage was it changed? Was it only the belt that was changed or the pre-tensioners and the water pump? Etc etc etc
All the above plus more are important factors, if you want your car to serve you more on the long - run.
Re: Gear Oil In Automatic Tramsmission Engine,does It Need Changing? by Lexusgs430: 11:47pm On May 31, 2012
Yes, your ATF needs to be changed @ least once a year or depending on the mileage you cover within that period. It is essential to use the appropriate ATF for your vehicle. Since you bought the vehicle, have you changed the ATF? Or do you have the service history to confirm when last it was changed?
Might also be handy to know if your engine is driven by a timing belt or a timing chain, if it is a timing belt, @ what mileage was it changed? Was it only the belt that was changed or the pre-tensioners and the water pump? Etc etc etc
All the above plus more are important factors, if you want your car to serve you more on the long - run.

(1) (Reply)

Good Mercedes Benz Mechanic / Carprog Reset Airbag On Renault Megane / Help B4 My RX330 Kills Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.