Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

"Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland (10499 Views)

Why Do You Follow The Nairalander(s) You Are Following? / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by scribble: 9:41pm On May 31, 2012
onila: I know everybody will be following me smiley cool. .I appreciate the love nairalanders
the blessed Onila

as long as u keep giving full frontal hugs and post some pix of ya butt once in a while, the love shall remain

switch up the hairdos too wink
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dont8(m): 9:42pm On May 31, 2012
lilkech: seun try to make nairaland app available on iphone, android, bb, symbian, java and 3310

so that if i post it will show "via iphone" under my signature. lets pull small swags on this forum.

as u don copy twitter dey 'follow-follow' 4 nairaland make we kuku dey poke join

abi e nor dey possible?
You mean class difference! Where your so called app ends, that's where another starts!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ejifranks(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics awill instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Before this update, you could only send e-mails to moderators and your friends. Now, you can freely send e-mails to moderators and people following you. We also have a new protocol for anonymous e-mail sending, which you'll soon notice. What do you think?
my opinion is that though this new renovation looks good yet an indepth insigt into it reveals the following:
1. You cant be freinds with everybody thats reality and for you to cancel the freind add feature makeas it imposisble for one to checkmate the kind of freinds and followers one has cause any tom and harry can now follow and even access your emails without your permission.
2.this would encourage stalking to a large extent as unwanted personalities will now have unrestricted access and also the anonymous email if it is what i realy think it is, would expose users to negative, offensive and privacy enchroaching mails from unscrupulous persons.. Ladies would relate more to this.
3. I think that a user has the right to sieve the chaff from the main stuff and also be able to choose and checkmate the kind of posts and topics he or she to follows. With this new package one cant control and avoid childish and carefree topics as everyones topic you are following automatically adds up to your own followed topic without scrutiny.I rest my case. More power to your elbow
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by tellwisdom: 9:50pm On May 31, 2012
[size=14pt]Seun, your wahala too much sad sad

Ok i don follow my friends back undecided. But your wahala too much undecided
[/size]
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Gift631: 9:52pm On May 31, 2012
komole: seun! seun!!
ori e wan be. your big head dey here.
seun when you go do faji for the boys now?

throw owambe party make we even chop "our" money small.
you too tight hand.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by maigaskiya1: 9:57pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics will instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Before this update, you could only send e-mails to moderators and your friends. Now, you can freely send e-mails to moderators and people following you. We also have a new protocol for anonymous e-mail sending, which you'll soon notice. What do you think?
gba be jeun so oke omo iya mi mo gbadun ye
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by MissyB3(f): 9:58pm On May 31, 2012
Is it possible for us to receive messages on NL rather than in our mail boxes; i.e the way it used to function on the old NL?
It's a wonder this unnecessary change hasn't been done away with uptill now.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by aieromon(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2012
Seun:
You can still send mails to your friends. Your friends are following you, right? Then you can mail them without restriction.

My friends have been delisted.I have to start thinking about following them and expecting them to reciprocate in return.I hope it works out well for the forum.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by OK2NV4: 10:03pm On May 31, 2012
bland nonsense
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dont8(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2012
Why can't I access my page from the system and the phone at the same time without promting for User's ID and password.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 31, 2012
I'm not interested...

I don't fancy any chic on NL anyways. undecided undecided
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex: I'm not interested...

Whatz that got to do with the thread?

O.M.G
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by chimuchi(f): 10:16pm On May 31, 2012
At this age? You guys are missing.
Am out. I laff in Hong Kong dialect.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by tellwisdom: 10:17pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex: I'm not interested...

Damn!! embarassed embarassed. With all your gra gra and good guy forming, u knw still see one pant touch?? embarassed embarassed #OMG embarassed embarassed
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Whatz that got to do with the thread?

O.M.G

'Friending' should be for the chics... grin

Why would I want to be-friend a guy on NL?? I'm not gay!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 31, 2012
Seun, imma need this to stop, aiight.

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

'Friending' should be for the chics... grin

Why would I want to be-friend a guy on NL?? I'm not gay!! grin grin

Ok o.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 31, 2012
tellwisdom:
Damn!! embarassed embarassed. With all your gra gra and good guy forming, u knw still see one pant touch?? embarassed embarassed #OMG embarassed embarassed

I could have touched a couple if I was in naija.... finish the sentence yaself, and dissect why I'm not interested..

They all live in naija, and yank. undecided cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by OAM4J: 10:21pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ok o.

As long as no one is following my Ileke-idi, am good. cool
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ok o.

You can change my mind if you can bring some pounded yam from yank to london for me wink.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by lifestyle1(m): 10:21pm On May 31, 2012
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ismhab(m): 10:23pm On May 31, 2012
WHY ARE U PLAYING WITH OUR SENSES MR. SEUN OR WHAT EVER UR NAME IS.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Paentera(m): 10:23pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics will instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Great stuff, now can we have a thumbs down or dislike button too?

3 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 31, 2012

Not entirely bad. Can we also have a "Dislike" button just as we have "like"?

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 31, 2012
OAM4J:

As long as no one is following my Ileke-idi, am good. cool

I got that covered, na only you. Follow me like your only twitter baby, nothing spoil tongue

shymmex:

You can change my mind if you can bring some pounded yam from yank to london for me wink.

I'll send ekt_bear to bring it to you. No sweat.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'll send ekt_bear to bring it to you. No sweat.

No thanks. undecided
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 31, 2012
Why not? The dude is fine nau.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by firestar(f): 10:46pm On May 31, 2012
Anywhere you dey go~oh~
I go dey follow-follow yu ey! tongue
Seun, next it'll be : [size=15pt]Nairaland Video Chat.[/size]
Say Amen !angry grin

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Goldieluks: 10:47pm On May 31, 2012

Nice one seun, but please i don't need followers cause am not twitter! grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Goldieluks: 10:48pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Got The Best!!! Battle Of The Hips [see Photos] / How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? / Shitposting General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.