Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

"Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland (10497 Views)

Why Do You Follow The Nairalander(s) You Are Following? / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2012
ayobase:

Of course....bed of a feather flock together.
So, who r u addicted to?
1stly, its "birds" not bed angry
2ndly, oga tatafo!! dnt u hav plates to wash tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2012
dubem3:
you would just have disabled all of them and
let everyone start afresh instead of this high - low
impression ur trying to create.
i don't like this.
Wise people say a half-loaf of bread is better than none. It would have been madness to throw away the friendship data.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by tpia5: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
was nl not functioning without it till the site reached 800,000 (both human and automated) members?

i dey siddon look sha.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by tpia5: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
Beaf: It would make more sense to list a users followers as well as those the user is following. That would give a more complete perspective when a users profile is visited.

you are creepy.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dasparrow: 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics will instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Before this update, you could only send e-mails to moderators and your friends. Now, you can freely send e-mails to moderators and people following you. We also have a new protocol for anonymous e-mail sending, which you'll soon notice. What do you think?

I am not crazy about this new feature. I was also not crazy about the friendship feature either. I am just picky when it comes to deciding whom to interact with online. On this forum, there are too many crazy, rude, foul mouthed people whom I would have nothing to do with if I were to meet them in real life. Also, the high levels of bigotry is an utter turn off. My aim on nairaland is to post my opinion, read some threads of my interest and then log off. All this following and unfollowing is not my cup of tea. With that said, more grease to your elbows Seun.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Odunnu: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
dasparrow:

I am not crazy about this new feature. I was also not crazy about the friendship feature either. I am just picky when it comes to deciding whom to interact with online. On this forum, there are too many crazy, rude, foul mouthed people whom I would have nothing to do with if I were to meet them in real life. Also, the high levels of bigotry is an utter turn off. My aim on nairaland is to post my opinion, read some threads of my interest and then log off. All this following and unfollowing is not my cup of tea. With that said, more grease to your elbows Seun.
Exactly!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by OAM4J: 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
Odunnu:
Exactly!

What is exactly!? Like you are not enjoying the crowd following you. You think I don't know? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Odunnu: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
OAM4J:

What is exactly!? Like you are not enjoying the crowd following you. You think I don't know? cheesy
You should know me better than that. I choose my friends and love my privacy. I hate all these invasion. Its sickening
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by oladayo042: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
Stalking redefined
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mykejones(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
So..now,someone brings a case of segregation: New member,old member. Wch means,enormous benefits 4 d old and minimal for the new? And people think it's a brilliant idea? And some people actually liked it?
I'l hold my peace for now. Atleast,until i see d yardstick in wch this idea would be built on.
Tag me as a new member and see if i eva log in again. Worst stil,restrict my posting rights for that matter. For what? Am i been paid to air my views?
Am waiting.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by OAM4J: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
Odunnu:
You should know me better than that. I choose my friends and love my privacy. I hate all these invasion. Its sickening

I know...just pulling your legs hopping I might see sontin in between them grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Odunnu: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
See this boy o! You wan peep yonder?! You don blind be that.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Yorisb: 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
OAM4J:

I know...just pulling your legs hopping I might see sontin in between them grin
lipsrsealed
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
snthesis:
1stly, its "birds" not bed angry
2ndly, oga tatafo!! dnt u hav plates to wash tongue tongue

1.I wise person will surely decipher what I was saying.
2.U wanna be fastidious?
3.Where is ur sense of humour?
4.Cant believe I was replying u though!

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dont8(m): 12:13am On Jun 03, 2012
I think we should be able to know who likes a post and comment(s) we make. By that we'll know who liked a dumb comment(s)
and as the saying goes, show me your friend...

2 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ayobase(m): 12:23am On Jun 03, 2012
dont8: I think we should be able to know who likes a post and comment(s) we make. By that we'll know who liked a dumb comment(s)
and as the saying goes, show me your friend...

Something like....ayobase likes this!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Pakavy(m): 12:37am On Jun 03, 2012
dayokanu: Seun,

Is it possible to delete all male from my followers and allow only females with sexy pictures?

This is urgent
how about hermaphrodites.dem fit follow u?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dont8(m): 1:35am On Jun 03, 2012
ayobase:

Something like....ayobase likes this!
You're right, when we know a bigot, we'll also know their ilks.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by tpia5: 1:37am On Jun 03, 2012
what's the meaning of this trending function?

90% of the threads there are pointless topics from sexuality and romance section.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
tpia@:
what's the meaning of this trending function?

90% of the threads there are pointless topics from sexuality and romance section.
proof that se[i]x[/i] sells tongue
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by snthesis(m): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
ayobase:

1.I wise person will surely decipher what I was saying.
2.U wanna be fastidious?
3.Where is ur sense of humour?
4.Cant believe I was replying u though!
touchy touchy, did i hit a nervetongue
do u want to talk abt it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dubem3(m): 5:35am On Jun 04, 2012
Seun:
Wise people say a half-loaf of bread is better than none. It would have been madness to throw away the friendship data.

i still think that creating that high - low impression was not a good idea. You should either have done a random selection or left it as it was. Instead of giving the impression that some seemingly low members are suckling up to the seemingly high ones. Ur statistics gotten from num posts.
Its a public forum, i get and you can please everyone so i guess i'll just relax after saying my bit
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 04, 2012
Seun:

Is there any easier way to deleted already followed topic all together?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dubem3(m): 5:46am On Jun 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Is there any easier way to deleted already followed topic all together?

just following the topic should work or doesn't it?
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 04, 2012
dubem3:

just following the topic should work or doesn't it?

I want to STOP following ALL my topics.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dubem3(m): 5:57am On Jun 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

i think you have to open un-follow all of them individually what i don't think possible is if they'll leave your follow list when you un-follow but am sure u'll stop getting notifications.
Why are u un-following all your topics?

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Tgirl4real(f): 6:06am On Jun 04, 2012
Although the idea ia a nice one that makes stalking easier, it's really becoming cumbersome. You open your followed topic and it's filled with 1001 threads that you haven't opened. Secondly, you click on following, and what do you see? A list of post by people you follow. I would have preferred a list of their names instead so that I can click on who I want to check their post. It makes me feel lost on my own page.

Ileke-IdI:

I guess you have to open them one by one and unfollow.

Seun, it would be nice if we can have a check box so that we can check all topics we want to unfollow together and unfollow at once. smiley
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 04, 2012
@dubem/ Tgirl4real

Yea, I figured. That's why I asked seun if there's an easy way. . . .maybe another modification?

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Tgirl4real(f): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
@dubem/ Tgirl4real

Yea, I figured. That's why I asked seun if there's an easy way. . . .maybe another modification?

Thanks guys.

Though u said don't follow me...I just did. So, u berra follow back ASAP tongue
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 04, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Though u said don't follow me...I just did. So, u berra follow back ASAP tongue

Of course, you're an exception tongue

But you won't like what you read o cheesy
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Tgirl4real(f): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Of course, you're an exception tongue

But you won't like what you read o cheesy

I don dey see sad sad

It's good to be single o grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Odunnu: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Plus the ones I posted in, plus the ones people who i'm following posted. I just hate all the clogged up topics. I lose interest very easily in most topics. I dont need to keep having them jump at me everytime I click a page.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? / Check Out Www.sefan.ru Latest Website Update / Shitposting General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.