Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,612 members, 7,801,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo (16866 Views)

Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / Jonathan May Run For African Union Chairperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Ozegbe(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
are we saying there are no 21st century men or even women in nigeria capable of running this country apart from all these old school folks and retardeens? Please lets look for an intelligent fresh blood
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Genbuhari3: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:
He only jailed non northerners u meant?

Balarabe Musa was jailed and he confirmed he never regretted being jailed cos even in prison, the jailed governors were still bribing prison wardens to get higher portion of food
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ozegbe: are we saying there are no 21st century men or even women in nigeria capable of running this country apart from all these old school folks and retardeens? Please lets look for a[b] intrlligent blood fresh.[/b]
Thank God you know Buhari's blood is not intrlligent grin and fresh!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Genbuhari3: 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:
Whatever happened to those '83 news archives of yours. Are you also giving up on the cattlefucker grin (like my friend Okija will say) already?
I dont blame you. Your 2ic El rufai termed him perpetually unelectable, who are you to doubt him grin

Mind u, I don't support Buhari for 2015 cos from my campaign for him in 2011, I have realized he is unelectable in the south because of the questionable stigma we in the south have placed on him. But I now crave for a young Buhari who will flush PDP and crush their heads in 2015. And as long as I am consistent and remain faithful on this line. It will happen, and even my best friend and family who steals along with GEJ will not be spared. And if I have stolen too, i pray not to be spared!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
Genbuhari3:

Mind u, I don't support Buhari for 2015 cos from my campaign for him in 2011, I have realized he is unelectable in the south because of the questionable stigma we in the south have placed on him. But I now crave for a young Buhari who will flush PDP and crush their heads in 2015. And as long as I am consistent and remain faithful on this line. It will happen, and even my best friend and family who steals along with GEJ will not be spared. And if I have stolen too, i pray not to be spared!
Now I am beginning to love this guy!
However, no one placed a stigma on him. He stigmatized us in the south by not coming to campaign downsouth. I dont blame him though, its in his blood!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:
He only jailed non northerners u meant?

How old are you? it's past 10pm, you should be in bed.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Eziachi: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
denko: Buhari is a great man in his own right and I respect him as an elder statesman. But as far as a democracy is concerned in this digital age and time, Buhari is not the best that Nigeria has to offer.
I am sure you gave yourself this sermon when stuffing ballot papers for Digital-Jonathan and now he doing well running your life smoothly in analogue age pace.

Abuse of power is the worst form of corruption in leadership. Buhari abused power when he was military Head of State.

Name a military government anywhere in the world that doesn't abuse power?

[/quote]When Buhari seized power, he threw Alex Ekwueme into prison in KiriKiri and kept Shehu Shagari under house arrest. How do you explain such double standards?

I[b]ts because Ekwueme is corrupt and Shagari isn't. Where do you think Ekwueme got the money to build all the 5 star Modotel hotels and breweries? From his salary?[/b]

During Buhari, journalists were brutalized, hushed and muzzled. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor were jailed under the evil laws of the Buhari regime.

Its not a one man show govt, the laws a.k.a decree was made by the supreme military council of which Buhari is a member and of which president of the senate now is also a member.

During the Buhari regime, 53 suitcases were smuggled into the country at a time the nation's borders were closed because of the change in the colour of the national currency in 1984. Have we forgotten?

Get over yourself, telling the same lies 100 times would not overnight turn it into being the truth. We all knew about your suitcases, even Buhari worst enemies has come out and said it was truth and in fact the owner of the so called suitcase is an emir and alive today. Moreover Nigerians don't steal money into the country, they do steal to send it outside the country. So retune you brain.

[/quote]Under Buhari's regime, there was a law against 18 year olds going to Hajj. Tunde Idiagbon took his 14 year old son to Hajj and nothing happened.

Which law is that, kindly quote it and if there was a crime was the offender Idiagbon rather than Buhari?

[/quote]Lawal Ojuolape, Benard Ogedengbe and Bartholomew Owoh; these three men were ordered to be executed by Buhari under a retroactive decree for the crime of drug trafficking which didn't carry a death penalty wen they committed the crime.

In more than 30 nations in the world narcotic trafficking is punishable by death and a Nigerian decree stipulated the same at the time and the two people you mentioned wasn't innocent of drug trafficking, they were found guilty by a court in NIGERIA and pay the price for their crime. During that period drug trafficking among Nigerias came to almost zero. What is it now, if you can tell me?

[/quote]The late Tai Solarin was imprisoned and refused treatment for his asthma by this same Buhari.

T[b]hat is common with any military rule, am not saying that its right but just that you made it sound like Buhari invented it. Tai was even luck he was only arrested, our own Chuba Okadigbo was snuffed inside your utopia democracy. Get some sense.[/b]

[/quote]Secretary General of the ruling NPN Uba Ahmed who was Buhari's tribesman was arrested at the airport only to be released on Buhari's orders and allowed to fly out of the country.

Rumours belong to folks at Iddo motor park, but if you chose it as your past time, then good luck to you. By by the way Buhari is Fulani and Uba Ahmed is a bloody Hausaman, how is that for tribesman?

[/quote]Buhari, like IBB and Abdusalami Abubakar treated the Oputa Panel with disdain. He refused to show up at the panel.

Why would he show up if there was no law mandating him to do so? If you where him I am sure you would have been buying ticket to go where your enemies are waiting. If OBJ was serious, a law through the national assembly would have establish the panel but he didn't do that and left it for choice. After all the jamboree at your Oputa panel, what was the outcome? Nothing!

[/quote]I will not vote for Buhari in 2015; not even if he picks the Pope as his running mate.

Thats a big surprise! I am sure Buhari is drowning his soul now with Kai-kai over the lost of your vote for 2015 which you never gave him in other previous election. I am sure he is losing sleep over your vote.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:
However, no one placed a stigma on him. He stigmatized us in the south by not coming to campaign downsouth. I dont blame him though, its in his blood!

Were you sleeping when he came to Bayelsa to campaign and was almost bombed into extinction by the southern BOKO HARAM?
Where were you when he was at Benue, Port Harcout, Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and even Edo state? were you sleeping all through these periods?
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Genbuhari3: 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:

Ur compliment is well appreciated. For what I think of this nation, it will never develop without social justice. As long corruption remains a way of life, no idea to develp this nation will flourish. And I can't see PDP as a fighter against this menace. Buhari must not contest in 2015 but we need him to get us the northern votes! A man who won 12 million votes. And almost half of Nigeria in 2011 cannot be ignored. And ACN knows this! A nation that cannot change a party in power in 16 years is dead! Change is what makes the world beautiful
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
Eziachi:
I am sure you gave yourself this sermon when stuffing ballot papers for Digital-Jonathan and now he doing well running your life smoothly in analogue age pace.

Abuse of power is the worst form of corruption in leadership. Buhari abused power when he was military Head of State.
Name a military government anywhere in the world that doesn't abuse power?

When Buhari seized power, he threw Alex Ekwueme into prison in KiriKiri and kept Shehu Shagari under house arrest. How do you explain such double standards?

Its because Ekwueme is corrupt and Shagari isn't. Where do you think Ekwueme got the money to build all the 5 star Modotel hotels and breweries? From his salary?

During Buhari, journalists were brutalized, hushed and muzzled. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor were jailed under the evil laws of the Buhari regime.

Its not a one man show govt, the laws a.k.a decree was made by the supreme military council of which Buhari is a member and of which president of the senate now is also a member.

During the Buhari regime, 53 suitcases were smuggled into the country at a time the nation's borders were closed because of the change in the colour of the national currency in 1984. Have we forgotten?

Get over yourself, telling the same lies 100 times would not overnight turn it into being the truth. We all knew about your suitcases, even Buhari worst enemies has come out and said it was truth and in fact the owner of the so called suitcase is an emir and alive today. Moreover Nigerians don't steal money into the country, they do steal to send it outside the country. So retune you brain.

Under Buhari's regime, there was a law against 18 year olds going to Hajj. Tunde Idiagbon took his 14 year old son to Hajj and nothing happened.

Which law is that, kindly quote it and if there was a crime was the offender Idiagbon rather than Buhari?

Lawal Ojuolape, Benard Ogedengbe and Bartholomew Owoh; these three men were ordered to be executed by Buhari under a retroactive decree for the crime of drug trafficking which didn't carry a death penalty wen they committed the crime.

In more than 30 nations in the world narcotic trafficking is punishable by death and a Nigerian decree stipulated the same at the time and the two people you mentioned wasn't innocent of drug trafficking, they were found guilty by a court in NIGERIA and pay the price for their crime. During that period drug trafficking among Nigerias came to almost zero. What is it now, if you can tell me?

The late Tai Solarin was imprisoned and refused treatment for his asthma by this same Buhari.

That is common with any military rule, am not saying that its right but just that you made it sound like Buhari invented it. Tai was even luck he was only arrested, our own Chuba Okadigbo was snuffed inside your utopia democracy. Get some sense.

Secretary General of the ruling NPN Uba Ahmed who was Buhari's tribesman was arrested at the airport only to be released on Buhari's orders and allowed to fly out of the country.

Rumours belong to folks at Iddo motor park, but if you chose it as your past time, then good luck to you. By by the way Buhari is Fulani and Uba Ahmed is a bloody Hausaman, how is that for tribesman?

Buhari, like IBB and Abdusalami Abubakar treated the Oputa Panel with disdain. He refused to show up at the panel.

Why would he show up if there was no law mandating him to do so? If you where him I am sure you would have been buying ticket to go where your enemies are waiting. If OBJ was serious, a law through the national assembly would have establish the panel but he didn't do that and left it for choice. After all the jamboree at your Oputa panel, what was the outcome? Nothing!

I will not vote for Buhari in 2015; not even if he picks the Pope as his running mate.

Thats a big surprise! I am sure Buhari is drowning his soul now with Kai-kai over the lost of your vote for 2015 which you never gave him in other previous election. I am sure he is losing sleep over your vote.

Thank you Ezeachi for taking out time to lecture some liars here.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
honeric01:

Were you sleeping when he came to Bayelsa to campaign and was almost bombed into extinction by the southern BOKO HARAM?
Where were you when he was at Benue, Port Harcout, Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and even Edo state? were you sleeping all through these periods?
Post a link for the bolded claims abeg. I sleep alot!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
honeric01: [/b]

Thank you Ezeachi for taking out time to lecture some liars here.
He didnt lecture anybody. He only keeps refuting allegations and that is truly what they all are since no court convicted him. And thats why he is a free man today. The same way IBB, orji kalu, tinubu and many others are! No court convicted them and so all the indictments and insinuations are just allegations.
What worries me however, is that you guys easily conclude that the guys I mentioned above and even GEJ are corrupt and Buhari isnt.
How do you often arrive at that?
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 10:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:
Post a link for the bolded claims abeg. I sleep alot!

Ask Beaf, Odunnu, Jakumo and other GEJ assslickers, they use to come to these threads to derail it.. alot of these threads were with PICTURES of his campaigns.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by nagoma(m): 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:
He didnt lecture anybody. He only keeps refuting allegations and that is truly what they all are since no court convicted him. And thats why he is a free man today. The same way IBB, orji kalu, tinubu and many others are! No court convicted them and so all the indictments and insinuations are just allegations.
What worries me however, is that you guys easily conclude that the guys I mentioned above and even GEJ are corrupt and Buhari isnt.

What do you mean even GEJ? You irritate me.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 11:01pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:

Because Buhari's enemies are all IN PDP and if he can be put in JAIL with evidence, they would have done that since. HOW IS THIS HARD FOR YOU TO FATHOM? please tell me again you are Under 18 pls. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Eziachi: 11:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy:

Maybe you knee what we all don't know. What is the crime that Buhari committed that make you to compare him with the likes of Orji Kalu and IBB?
We are all living witnesses that PDP past and present govt has done everything to make the man looks bad but has yet to succeed.

Tell told you he is an extremist and no single example to support that and the man shocked them when he chose a preacher as his running mate. They created Boko Haram and turn around unsuccessfully to pin it on him. They bombed the eagle square but did not succeed in pinning it on him after trying.

They rigged the election in the north and the aftermath they turn around to pin it on him when he was even a victim.
They registered children in the north and said it was him as if he was their PDP governors, INEC that was in-charge.
And you really think that if Buhari got a bargage, they wouldn't had used it by now?
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 11:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
nagoma:

What do you mean even GEJ? You irritate me.
How do you NOT mean even GEJ. If I irritate you, you always have a dagger strapped to your waist, you know to do with it. Mtseww.

honeric01:

Because Buhari's enemies are all IN PDP and if he can be put in JAIL with evidence, they would have done that since. HOW IS THIS HARD FOR YOU TO FATHOM? please tell me again you are Under 18 pls. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
That, my friend, is the problem. EVIDENCE!! Obasanjo and IBB were enemies, why didnt he jail IBB?
Keep worrying about my age and I promise to keep wiping your arxe.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
Eziachi:

Maybe you knee what we all don't know. What is the crime that Buhari committed that make you to compare him with the likes of Orji Kalu and IBB?
We are all living witnesses that PDP past and present govt has done everything to make the man looks bad but has yet to succeed.

Tell told you he is an extremist and no single example to support that and the man shocked them when he chose a preacher as his running mate. They created Boko Haram and turn around unsuccessfully to pin it on him. They bombed the eagle square but did not succeed in pinning it on him after trying.

They rigged the election in the north and the aftermath they turn around to pin it on him when he was even a victim.
They registered children in the north and said it was him as if he was their PDP governors, INEC that was in-charge.
And you really think that if Buhari got a bargage, they wouldn't had used it by now?

Uncle Eziachi, what you think I might know that you didnt know is also what I think you know that i didnt know.
In which court of law did you guys convict IBB, orji kalu and others and in which one was Buhari exonerated.
There are allegtions against these people IBB, OBJ, orji kalu, tinubu and BUHARI alike.

In all these people, none has been convicted in any court of law but you chose to exonerate BUHARI and condemn others and my question remains, WHY?!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
olyivy: How do you NOT mean even GEJ. If I irritate you, you always have a dagger strapped to your waist, you know to do with it. Mtseww.

That, my friend, is the problem. EVIDENCE!! Obasanjo and IBB were enemies, why didnt he jail IBB?
Keep worrying about my age and I promise to keep wiping your arxe.

What are you saying? read what you wrote again.

IBB and OBJ belongs to the same party, they are best of friends and were friends when they were in military camp, you think OBJ is sick enough to do anything to IBB? now picture this, have you ever seen Buhari and IBB together playing or joking or in a function before?

Have you ever seen OBJ and Buhari in a fuction before?

why?

Because Buhari never has any political or social connection with these 2 ultra-criminals.

OBJ = JEG'S GODFATHER
IBB = JEG'S ROLEMODEL

so tell me, how do you expect him to send them to jail? the only one capable of doing this is in the opposition and the PDP and foolish Nigerians who voted them in are doing everything possible to shut those who can help this nation out.

You asked why JEG didn't jail OBJ, are you insane? (a question o), don't you know OBJ is the genesis of JEG's political life? can a dog send his master on an errand? infact i don't even know why i am typing this because you are too un-informed to understand, but then if i let you be, you're likely to infect the younger ones around you.

Bye bye.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
honeric01:

What are you saying? read what you wrote again.

IBB and OBJ belongs to the same party, they are best of friends and were friends when they were in military camp, you think OBJ is sick enough to do anything to IBB? now picture this, have you ever seen Buhari and IBB together playing or joking or in a function before?

Have you ever seen OBJ and Buhari in a fuction before?

why?

Because Buhari never has any political or social connection with these 2 ultra-criminals.

OBJ = JEG'S GODFATHER
IBB = JEG'S ROLEMODEL

so tell me, how do you expect him to send them to jail? the only one capable of doing this is in the opposition and the PDP and foolish Nigerians we voted them in are doing everything possible to shut those who can help this nation out.

You asked why JEG didn't jail OBJ, are you insane? (a question o), don't you know OBJ is the genesis of JEG's political life? can a dog send his master on an errand? infact i don't even know why i am typing this because you are too un-informed to understand, but then if i let you be, you're likely to infect the younger ones around you.

Bye bye.
@bolded, I pity you. Now is it sleep or can you not read?

As for functions;
Chai! you are being very disturbed. OBJ and Buhari attend functions atleast once every week!

Now reducing every thing to party affiliations makes your post very weak because people from the same party kill themselves let alone jailing.

grin grin grin grin I told you i'd be wooping ya axe! You shoulda gone to sleep when I advised you to.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by bittyend(m): 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
Drunk fisherman and terrorist are both the same thing.. Phuck the both of 'em.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Genbuhari3: 12:22am On Jun 02, 2012
U guys are still on these Buhari matter. Like I said he is the most talked about opposition figure in Nigeria, one who makes the almighty PDP tremble. And that makes him thick. Good night guys
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Detongue: 1:04am On Jun 02, 2012
Obj hv started again. He want to rubbish Buhari, Buhari shine ur eyes o, Obj hv a way of killing ppl while dey are still living
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 02, 2012
[size=13pt]Major-General Buhari was selected to lead the country by middle and high-ranking military officers after a successful military coup d'etat that overthrew civilian President Shehu Shagari on December 31, 1983.

At the time, Buhari was head of the Third Armored Division of Jos. Buhari was appointed Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, and Tunde Idiagbon was appointed Chief of General Staff (the de facto No. 2 in the administration). Buhari justified the military's seizure of power by castigating the civilian government as hopelessly corrupt.[/size]

[size=18pt]General Buhari's Maiden Speech: - 1st January 1984[/size]

In pursuance of the primary objective of saving our great nation from total collapse, I, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari of the Nigerian army have, after due consultation amongst the services of the armed forces, been formally invested with the authority of the Head of the Federal Military Government and the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is with humility and a deep sense of responsibility that I accept this challenge and call to national duty.

As you must have heard in the previous announcement, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1979) has been suspended, except those sections of it which are exempted in the constitution.The change became necessary in order to put an end to the serious economic predicament and the crisis of confidence now afflicting our nation. Consequently, the Nigerian armed forces have constituted themselves into a Federal Military Government comprising of a Supreme Military Council, a National Council of States, a Federal Executive Council at the centre and State Executive Councils to be presided over by military governors in each of the states of the federation. Members of these councils will be announced soon.The last Federal Military Government drew up a programme with the aim of handing over political power to the civilians in 1979. This programme as you all know, was implemented to the letter. The 1979 constitution was promulgated. However, little did the military realise that the political leadership of the second republic will circumvent most of the checks and balances in the constitution and bring the present state of general insecurity. The premium on political power became so exceedingly high that political contestants regarded victory at elections as a matter of life and death struggle and were determined to capture or retain power by all means.

It is true that there is a worldwide economic recession. However, in the case of Nigeria, its impact was aggravated by mismanagement. We believe the appropriate government agencies have good advice but the leadership disregarded their advice. The situation could have been avoided if the legislators were alive to their constitutional responsibilities; Instead, the legislators were preoccupied with determining their salary scales, fringe benefit and unnecessary foreign travels, et al, which took no account of the state of the economy and the welfare of the people they represented. As a result of our inability to cultivate financial discipline and prudent management of the economy, we have come to depend largely on internal and external borrowing to execute government projects with attendant domestic pressure and soaring external debts, thus aggravating the propensity of the outgoing civilian administration to mismanage our financial resources. Nigeria was already condemned perpetually with the twin problem of heavy budget deficits and weak balance of payments position, with the prospect of building a virile and viable economy.

The last general election was anything but free and fair. The only political parties that could complain of election rigging are those parties that lacked the resources to rig. There is ample evidence that rigging and thuggery were relative to the resources available to the parties. This conclusively proved to us that the parties have not developed confidence in the presidential system of government on which the nation invested so much material and human resources.While corruption and indiscipline have been associated with our state of under-development, these two evils in our body politic have attained unprecedented height in the past few years. The corrupt, inept and insensitive leadership in the last four years has been the source of immorality and impropriety in our society. Since what happens in any society is largely a reflection of the leadership of that society, we deplore corruption in all its facets. This government will not tolerate kick-backs, inflation of contracts and over-invoicing of imports etc. Nor will it condone forgery, fraud, embezzlement, misuse and abuse of office and illegal dealings in foreign exchange and smuggling.

Arson has been used to cover up fraudulent acts in public institutions. I am referring to the fire incidents that gutted the P&T buildings in Lagos, the Anambra State Broadcasting Corporation, the Republic Building at Marina, the Federal Ministry of Education, the Federal Capital Development Authority Accounts at Abuja and the NET Building. Most of these fire incidents occurred at a time when Nigerians were being apprehensive of the frequency of fraud scandals and the government incapacity to deal with them. Corruption has become so pervasive and intractable that a whole ministry has been created to stem it.

Fellow Nigerians, this indeed is the moment of truth. My colleagues and I – the Supreme Military Council, must be frank enough to acknowledge the fact that at the moment, an accurate picture of the financial position is yet to be determined. We have no doubt that the situation is bad enough. In spite of all this, every effort will be made to ensure that the difficult and degrading conditions under which we are living are eliminated. Let no one however be deceived that workers who have not received their salaries in the past eight or so months will receive such salaries within today or tomorrow or that hospitals which have been without drugs for months will be provided with enough immediately.We are determined that with the help of God we shall do our best to settle genuine payments to which government is committed, including backlog of workers’ salaries after scrutiny. We are confident and we assure you that even in the face of the global recession, and the seemingly gloomy financial future, given prudent management of Nigeria’s existing financial resources and our determination to substantially reduce and eventually nail down rises in budgetary deficits and weak balance of payments position.The Federal Military Government will reappraise policies with a view to paying greater attention to the following areas:

The economy will be given a new impetus and better sense of direction.
Corrupt officials and their agents will be brought to book.
In view of the drought that affected most parts of the country, the federal government will, with the available resources, import food stuffs to supplement the shortfalls suffered in the last harvest.
Our foreign policy will both be dynamic and realistic. Africa will of course continue to be the centre piece of our foreign policy. The morale and combat readiness of the armed forces will be given high priority. Officers and men with high personal and professional integrity will have nothing to fear.

The Chief Justice of Nigeria and all other holders of judiciary appointments within the federation can continue in their appointments and the judiciary shall continue to function under existing laws subject to such exceptions as may e decreed from time to time by the Federal Military Government. All holders of appointments in the civil service, the police and the National Security Organisation shall continue to exercise their functions in the normal way subject to changes that may be introduced by the Federal Military Government. All those chairmen and members of statutory corporations, parastatals and other executive departments are hereby relieved of their appointments with immediate effect.

The Federal Military Government will maintain and strengthen existing diplomatic relations with other states and with international organisations and institutions such as the Organisation of African Unity, the United Nations and its organs, Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries, ECOWAS and the Commonwealth etc. The Federal Military Government will honour and respect all treaties and obligations entered into by the previous government and we hope that such nations and bodies will reciprocate this gesture by respecting our country’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.

Fellow Nigerians, finally, we have dutifully intervened to save this nation from imminent collapse. We therefore expect all Nigerians, including those who participated directly or indirectly in bringing the nation to this present predicament, to cooperate with us. This generation of Nigerians, and indeed future generations, have no country other than Nigeria. We shall remain here and salvage it together.

May God bless us all. Good morning.

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 02, 2012
[size=18pt]3rd January 1984 ITN News (video clips)
Buhari moves fast to rescue economy with prompt debt repayment few days after military take over[/size]

Look at Nigerian economy after takeover by military rulers who have just paid off $50m loan;

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15xapP50Sf0?version=3[/flash]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/01/03/AS030184006/?s=nigeria&st=2&pn=96&sortBy=date

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2012
[size=18pt]05 January 1984 - ITN News (video clip)
GEN. BUHARI PRESIDES AT SWEARING IN OF MILITARY GOVERNORS AND WARNS THEM OF PENALTIES FOR CRIME AND CORRUPTION. (video clip)[/size]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JjYG-ef8M?version=3[/flash]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/01/05/AS050184005/?s=nigeria&st=2&pn=96&sortBy=date

Nineteen military governors were formally appointed by the new Head of State, Major-General Mohammed Buhari, and other members of the country's Supreme Military Council (SMC) in Lagos on January 4 to run Nigeria's federal states.

General Buhari attended the official swearing-in ceremony, which came four days after he led a bloodless coup ousting former President Shehu Shagari.

Speaking at the ceremony, Buhari reminded his new governors of their duties.All were chosen, he said, for their ability to discharge their responsibilities in the best interests of the country.He went on to warn them that crime and corruption for personal gain, one reason for the coup, would be ruthlessly punished.

General Buhari added the corruption and hoarding in the private sector would not be tolerated.He ended his speech by telling the assembled governors they were answerable to the country's military chiefs of staff and subject to redeployment at any time.

All former state governors have been given a week to report to police.

General Buhari has pledged to revive the country's economy and also to end the armed robberies in major cities that have become commonplace in the last few years.The fate of former top officials in the Shagari administration is still to be decided by the new military government, and Shagari himself is being held in custody.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.64.html

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 02, 2012
5th January 1984 - ITN News
[size=18pt]New military ruler General Buhari holds his first Press Conference and promises to stamp out corruption.[/size]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSqGuENI8A?version=3[/flash]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/01/05/AS050184015/?s=nigeria&st=2&pn=92

He says he has uncovered widespread corruption and will bring the guilty to trial, he will also negotiate an IMF loan
to ease the severe economic crisis. Deposed President Shagari and his aides will remain in detention,

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 02, 2012
06 January 1984 - ITN News
[size=18pt]BUHARI OUTLINES NEW SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC POLICIES AND CRITICISES PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT.[/size]

Nigeria's new leader, General Mohammed Buhari, outlined his social and economic policies on January 5.Speaking at his first news conference five days after assuming power in a bloodless coup, the general said priority would be given to clearing the backlog of foreign debt while improving the lot of the ordinary people.

He confirmed that his government would pursue negotiations for a 2.5 billion US dollar loan from the IMF (International Monetary Fund), started by the ousted civilian government of President Shehu Shagari.He said the money was needed to bail Nigeria out of a severe economic crisis caused by a slump in the country's main export, oil. About 90 per cent of Nigeria's foreign earnings come from oil.

Earlier, General Buhari said economic mismanagement had prompted his takeover, and that Nigerians had to watch helplessly as President Shagari's government mishandled the economic crisis, causing high inflation.He said promised economic improvements were applied inadequately and imported food supplies to supplement domestic output were hoarded by corrupt officials or sold at very high prices.

General Buhari also condemned the previous system of import licenses, allotted, he said, by favour, and not to the manufacturers and genuine importers who needed them.He said the people had been misled by the government and criticised it for failing to deal firmly with rising crime.

General Buhari has also confirmed that Nigeria would remain a member of OPEC (Organisation of Petroleum Export Countries)

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 02, 2012
[size=18pt]8th January 1984 - The NY Times
Buhari steps up search for all Politicians and Officials who have failed to report to a Police Station.[/size]

LAGOS, Nigeria, Jan. 7— Nigeria's new military Government is stepping up searches for former politicians and officials of the civilian Government that was overthrown in a coup a week ago.

The new regime is making television appeals for news of the whereabouts of former officials and other Nigerians who are wanted for questioning and is urging citizens to telephone the police if they have information about those who are being sought.

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by benzluck: 7:20am On Jun 02, 2012
He has the franchise but he has promised to 'boko haram' Nigerians should he fail again.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by olyivy(f): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2012
[size=15pt]Eheeeeeeee!

Now i get it! GenBuhari is different from GenBuhari3.

I have been expecting all those '83 archives and videos.

Now here they are.
[/size]
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by aurenflani: 9:57am On Jun 02, 2012
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten we belong to each other". - Mother Theresa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senatorial Candidates, Loyalists Dump Amosun, Back Abiodun / Patience Jonathan Made Her Money From Gift And Gratification, IYC Tells EFCC / Names Of 23 New Political Parties Registered By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.