Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group (8620 Views)

First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) / Wema Bank Nigeria To Close 17 Branches. / Planned Protest Against Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (nepa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by segunjowo(m): 1:23am On Jun 01, 2012
First Bank Group To Change Name. Why?

Is this re-branding?
Shareholders please take note:

The management of Nigeria’s leading financial institution, First Bank Group has announced plans to change the bank’s identity to First Bank Nigeria Holding Company.

This is coming after receiving all the approvals from its shareholders and executives to effect the re-branding.

This was one of the major highlights that formed the agenda of the bank’s 43rd Annual General Meeting held in Lagos, where the bank’s performance and business operations for 2011 were presented to shareholders.

According to the bank’s management, the full implementation of the transition to First Bank Nigeria Holding Company will be completed by the second half of 2012.

The restructuring of the bank is in response to the Central Bank of Nigeria’s directive regarding divestment of non- banking subsidiaries from deposit money banks.

Posted by Channels Television on May 31, 2012.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/31/first-bank-group-to-change-name/
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by dasparrow: 6:18am On Jun 01, 2012
segunjowo: Is this re-branding?

The management of Nigeria’s leading financial institution, First Bank Group has announced plans to change the bank’s identity to First Bank Nigeria Holding Company.

This is coming after receiving all the approvals from its shareholders and executives to effect the re-branding.

This was one of the major highlights that formed the agenda of the bank’s 43rd Annual General Meeting held in Lagos, where the bank’s performance and business operations for 2011 were presented to shareholders.

According to the bank’s management, the full implementation of the transition to First Bank Nigeria Holding Company will be completed by the second half of 2012.

The restructuring of the bank is in response to the Central Bank of Nigeria’s directive regarding divestment of non- banking subsidiaries from deposit money banks.

I guess our beloved Nigeria is in the name changing season. First it was a university and now a bank. Soon, our name 'Nigeria' will be changed as well and best believe it will come without any prior notice.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
Since, it's naming changing season - can we change Nigeria to another name?
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
This name "HOLDING" has never maked sense. Same as power holding

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by stone07(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
Does it make any impact at all.If they like let them change it to Moshood Abiola Bank.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
FIBANIHOCO - not bad, i like it grin grin grin

"Holdings" I am assuming for its subsidiaries and affiliate companies since CBN threw out Global Banking wink
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by stanogb(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
dasparrow:

I guess our beloved Nigeria is in the name changing season. First it was a university and now a bank. Soon, our name 'Nigeria' will be changed as well and best believe it will come without any prior notice.
I dey laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin soon GEJ will be changed to HEJ...

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by miteolu(m): 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
ANY DIFFERENCE? ANOTHER WAY FOR CHOP CHOP!
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by daywatcher: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
I blame Jonathan
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by philip0906(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
name changing session galore- oya, who's next? grin grin
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by Super1759: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
I will like to move a motion to change the name NYSC
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by slimjoe87(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
this is a sign that they wil be Holding pple's money lik NEPA does power...!! ;Dthis is a sign that they wil be Holding pple's money lik NEPA does power...!!
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by Chanchit: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
If them like make them change to PHCN....
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by ayox2003: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
segunjowo: First Bank Group To Change Name. Why?

Is this re-branding?

GEJ!!! Cant you just do this??
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by thehomer: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2012

Is this re-branding?

Hmm that's interesting. I guess it protects depositors from these bankers who would be willing to gamble with their money. I wonder what state the other banks are in.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by buchibabe: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!! DeltA state University has bn changed to Ras Kimono University. grin.hehehehehe.(I laff in reggae) As na name change dey reign now...
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by ndahbros1: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
1. Bauchistan
2. Kanostan
3. Sokotostan
4. Nigeristan
5. Yobestan
6. Jigawastan
7. Etc....
These r d new names of d component states of Northistan.
In d spirit of name-changing!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by crackhouse(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
gboss4sure: This name "HOLDING" has never maked sense. Same as power holding
at first it was power holding company of Nigeria and now first bank Nigeria holding company. Na wa o. I am already panicking. Hope nothing happens to my money. I am not comfortable with that word "holding" especially when i remember PHCN.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by talktrue1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
segunjowo:

They fail to seek the customers view just as GEJ failed to seek the students view
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by miteolu(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
daywatcher: I blame Jonathan

FOR YOUR FAMILY MATTER OR WHAT? BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN & ON EARTH IS JONATHAN
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by tessyade: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
crackhouse: at first it was power holding company of Nigeria and now first bank Nigeria holding company. Na wa o. I am already panicking. Hope nothing happens to my money. I am not comfortable with that word "holding" especially when i remember PHCN.
lol
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by miteolu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
talk true:

They fail to seek the customers view just as GEJ failed to seek the students view

So funny, calling them to conference room.what a joke
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by dramaticspeak(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
Super1759: I will like to move a motion to change the name NYSC
the name is still ok Now Your Suffering Continues-NYSC
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by crackhouse(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
But since it's name changing season. Can sb wake Lord lugard up to redo what he did in the past pls. That name "Nigeria" need to be changed as soon as possible especially now that we are in the mood of name-change.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by yahyus(m): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
ndahbros1: 1. Bauchistan
2. Kanostan
3. Sokotostan
4. Nigeristan
5. Yobestan
6. Jigawastan
7. Etc....
These r d new names of d component states of Northistan.
In d spirit of name-changing!

LMAO....u forget about Kadunastan... grin grin
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by lincoln123: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
Now to First Bank Holding, will it brings any changes to their banking system....All is rubbish.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by Darey00(m): 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
Lwkmd....2mrw we go hear Nairaland is now MKOLand...hehe
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by 175(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Anambra State University has bn changed to Nnwanna University of Serious Business Education Ulli. NUSBE-Ulli
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by GBAGAUN1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
i like the new name, though a holding company means is similar to 'Group'. I would'v preferd 'First Holding Company Nigeria'
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
i hope my account balance will nt be tampered with as a result of d change? i need to call my account manager right away! hehehe na where my treasure dey concern me oh.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by duni04(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2012

Is this re-branding?

This is just in accordanc with the CBN directive for all banks to either absorb their subsidiaries under a holding company structure or a stand alone entity. In other words the bank will be part of the subsidiary companies under the holding company structure. This is a direct fallout of the 2008 stock market crises in which banks allowed non banking activities, especially the property market and the stock market, impact negatively on their margins. With the holding company structure, the holdco absorbs the risks of the constituent subsidiaries and can trade as a single entity on the stock market.
Re: First Bank Nigeria Holding Company: Formerly First Bank Group by duni04(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2012

Is this re-branding?

This is just in accordanc with the CBN directive for all banks to either absorb their subsidiaries under a holding company structure or a stand alone entity. In other words the bank will be part of the subsidiary companies under the holding company structure. This is a direct fallout of the 2008 stock market crises in which banks allowed non banking activities, especially the property market and the stock market, impact negatively on their margins. With the holding company structure, the holdco absorbs the risks of the constituent subsidiaries and can trade as a single entity on the stock market.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Longrich Distributors Needed Nation Wide! / 30 Most Promising Young Entrepreneurs In Africa 2014 / Wema Quarterly SME Webinar: Impacts And Opportunities Of Fuel Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.