Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,551 members, 7,770,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... (21106 Views)

I Turned Down This White Boy Who Tried To Have Sex With Me- I Am Scared! / I Just Bashed A Mercedes Benz, But Thank God For Christmas / My Boss Threatened To Sack Me Because I Turned Down Her Advances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 7:00am On Jun 01, 2012
and all of you men on nairaland say that women are gold diggers. I must admit, it was mighty tempting, but he told me his age and i flipped. at 23, a 34 year old man is way too old for me. but for some reason i feel like i did something wrong, or that i should have given him a chance. but at the same time, this gives me the strength to resist other men. I can always tell them "look, i turned down a guy who was pushing a mercedes, what makes you think that I would put up with your mess?"

on the other hand im scolding myself. What is wrong with me!!! I feel like im self sabotaging or something.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by mcnepow(m): 7:03am On Jun 01, 2012
U turned down a guy pushing a benz OR u turned down a guy way too old for you??
Pls clarify. . .

2 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by OK2NV4: 7:04am On Jun 01, 2012
"pushing" as against cruising.

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by 2sexy(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone: and all of you men on nairaland say that women are gold diggers. I must admit, it was mighty tempting, but he told me his age and i flipped. at 23, a 34 year old man is way too old for me. but for some reason i feel like i did something wrong, or that i should have given him a chance. but at the same time, this gives me the strength to resist other men. I can always tell them "look, i turned down a guy who was pushing a mercedes, what makes you think that I would put up with your mess?"

on the other hand im scolding myself. What is wrong with me!!! I feel like im self sabotaging or something.
wait, when you turn 27 you will come back here and say: HELP! I am 27 and I want to settle down.

The only thing I see here is that you are being proud of the age. You feel you are too young and that so many guys would come around.

19 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 7:12am On Jun 01, 2012
mcnepow: U turned down a guy pushing a benz OR u turned down a guy way too old for you??
Pls clarify. . .

both. he was too old, although i was tempted to give him my phone number. perhaps if he could afford the car note on it, then maybe he would have been able to take me nice places and do nice things for me. but then i reminded myself that all that glitters is not gold. usually older men always either have a wife or girlfriend at and the only thing a young woman could ever be to them was a plaything, then they go back home. im not in the mood to get my feelings hurt. plus, just because he has money, does not mean he would have been generous with it. so in my eyes it was a lose/lose situation.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone: and all of you men on nairaland say that women are gold diggers. I must admit, it was mighty tempting, but he told me his age and i flipped. at 23, a 34 year old man is way too old for me. but for some reason i feel like i did something wrong, or that i should have given him a chance. but at the same time, this gives me the strength to resist other men. I can always tell them "look, i turned down a guy who was pushing a mercedes, what makes you think that I would put up with your mess?"

From listening & mixing with ladies of different class- poor, rich, average, I can tell the following y u turned him down:
1. u were intimated that he got other girls cos of his status & u dnt want to be on d long list.
2. u have insecurity feelings in u, admit it cos many ladies do & it stops them from connecting with their true love.
3. u were afraid he came for fun.
4. u were overwhelmed that such a classy guy could ever ask u out, that what do u got that he couldn't find from other girls- girls always wonder why me, & why not other girls? & u cannot be an exception cos all girls wonder this once they come across a guy that beats them to the core.

etc, etc....brb!

9 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Mynd44: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2012
I expect threads from Onila not sane people

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by slimyem: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2012
quite a number of girls turn down guys with posher cars everyday and its no biggie!
You don't need a buncha confused,faceless NL men weasels to tell you if you did right or wrong or to applaud you for it.
Just do what you think is best for your life,make your choices and don't give a fcck what anyone thinks!

3 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 7:28am On Jun 01, 2012
DailyNews:

From listening & mixing with ladies of different class- poor, rich, average, I can tell the following y u turned him down:
1. u were intimated that he got other girls cos of his status & u dnt want to be on d long list.
2. u have insecurity feelings in u, admit it cos many ladies do & it stops them from connecting with their true love.
3. u were afraid he came for fun.
4. u were overwhelmed that such a classy guy could ever ask u out, that what do u got that he couldn't find from other girls- girls always wonder why me, & why not other girls? & u cannot be an exception cos all girls wonder this once they come across a guy that beats them to the core.

etc, etc....brb!

i am in no way insecure. im a quite a pretty woman, im just tired of old dirty men trying to take advantage of younger women!! besides, I want a young, flyy guy around my own age.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by OK2NV4: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

i am in no way insecure. im a quite a pretty woman, im just tired of old dirty men trying to take advantage of younger women!! besides, I want a young, flyy guy around my own age.
I give you just 7years and you will be chasing after everything from 50yr old pot bellied men to midget sized dwarfs

10 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by adosjun(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2012
Tisabone, ? am sorry say this , if this is ? first U?? are turning down then ? will say U?? are either some cheap gal or very ugly. Becos beautiful gals do dis every day ? life goes ?...

4 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 7:50am On Jun 01, 2012
OK=2=NV:

I give you just 7years and you will be chasing after everything from 50yr old pot bellied men to midget sized dwarfs

lol why must men that all women become desperate after a certain age? u men are just good at trying to convince us to feel that way.

i pray that the lord finds me a sacred mate, but i REFUSE to be a fool, be used, or take crap from anyone.

if i follow what i vowed to god, which was to stay celibate until i marry, and to never date any man over seven years older than me, i believe that i will save myself plenty of trouble.

twice in two days time, i have been tested on the things that i said that i would not do. and i passed them. this is only the beginning as the deceiver only comes to kill steal and destroy. It's hard trying to do the the right thing, but i know that my rewards will be abundant and overflowing! God is my provider!!

8 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by OK2NV4: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

lol why must men that all women become desperate after a certain age? u men are just good at trying to convince us to feel that way.

i pray that the lord finds me a sacred mate, but i REFUSE to be a fool, be used, or take crap from anyone.

if i follow what i vowed to god, which was to stay celibate until i marry, and to never date any man over seven years older than me, i believe that i will save myself plenty of trouble.

twice in two days time, i have been tested on the things that i said that i would not do. and i passed them. this is only the beginning as the deceiver only comes to kill steal and destroy. It's hard trying to do the the right thing, but i know that my rewards will be abundant and overflowing! God is my provider!!
YES because unlike wine you guys get worse with age.

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Scash(f): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2012
Just one question. Was he fine?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

I am impressed a lot...thumbs up if u are writing this from deep down your heart & with the true fear of God....then do not panic cos u will surely find a deserving mate, just keep being real, make yourself visible to those kind of guys u desire, do not be pompous, cos such men disgust such ladies, do not be arrogant, dress moderately cute & not amorous or too exposing....be committed in the things of God, do not take away prayer...& flee from bad & wrong female friends...they ruin lives...do not even take or heed to their counsel....your dream man will surely locate u sooner...but focus more on your academics/career & forget about men for now & let it come naturally at its own ripe time. don't be intimated by what guys may tell u here, just filter then & take the good counsels & use others to educate yourself. Goodluck dear....I am so much impressed to hear a Nigerian lady say all these. But lastly, do away with material quest, greed & self gratification, they have landed so many one-time innocent good girls into big mess that ruined their lives! Remember, it mustnt be all about money even though comfort is vital...but let not money be your criteria for selection if u truly want to get that ur dream man who would treat u like a queen u are!

6 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2012
Scash: Just one question. Was he fine?
Wetin you dey find? cheesy
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by 190: 8:21am On Jun 01, 2012
[size=18pt]OMG!!

She turned down a guy driving a 190 - A 190 shocked shocked shocked

Afterall 190 is also BENZ![/size]
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by mcnepow(m): 8:22am On Jun 01, 2012
Scash: Just one question. Was he fine?
Man wey probably dey drive GL550, which oda fyne u dey look for?? grin
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 8:23am On Jun 01, 2012
DailyNews:
I am impressed a lot...thumbs up if u are writing this from deep down your heart & with the true fear of God....then do not panic cos u will surely find a deserving mate, just keep being real, make yourself visible to those kind of guys u desire, do not be pompous, cos such men disgust such ladies, do not be arrogant, dress moderately cute & not amorous or too exposing....be committed in the things of God, do not take away prayer...& flee from bad & wrong female friends...they ruin lives...do not even take or heed to their counsel....your dream man will surely locate u sooner...but focus more on your academics/career & forget about men for now & let it come naturally at its own ripe time. don't be intimated by what guys may tell u here, just filter then & take the good counsels & use others to educate yourself. Goodluck dear....I am so much impressed to hear a Nigerian lady say all these. But lastly, do away with material quest, greed & self gratification, they have landed so many one-time innocent good girls into big mess that ruined their lives! Remember, it mustnt be all about money even though comfort is vital...but let not money be your criteria for selection if u truly want to get that ur dream man who would treat u like a queen u are!

DailyNews,

Thankyou so much for your positive feedback. you see, it is not my intention to brag or see what it is that other people think---not unless they are providing me with positive feedback and constructive criticism. I just seek to stay on the right path, but also, I realize, that because I am young, I do not know everything there is to know about life. and where else to garner this knowledge, than from people who have lived in this world longer than I?

Also, I hate to burst your bubble, but I am an an African American who joined this board out of admiration for Nigerian culture, and the strong values that many of you seem to possess, such as in family matters, and religion, often times lacking in mainstream American culture.

Anyhow, your kind and informative words are very much appreciated, and I indeed will heed them, because they are wise words from a wise man.

3 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by tellwisdom: 8:27am On Jun 01, 2012
Tisabone, with your BOW-LEG, u still dey turn people down shey? sad

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Mynd44: 8:30am On Jun 01, 2012
I expect this type of threads from Onila not from sane people

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

DailyNews,

Thankyou so much for your positive feedback. you see, it is not my intention to brag or see what it is that other people think---not unless they are providing me with positive feedback and constructive criticism. I just seek to stay on the right path, but also, I realize, that because I am young, I do not know everything there is to know about life. and where else to garner this knowledge, than from people who have lived in this world longer than I?

Also, I hate to burst your bubble, but I am an an African American who joined this board out of admiration for Nigerian culture, and the strong values that many of you seem to possess, such as in family matters, and religion, often times lacking in mainstream American culture.

Anyhow, your kind and informative words are very much appreciated, and I indeed will heed them, because they are wise words from a wise man.

Oh! Now I see....not surprised anymore & more impressed than earlier...just keep your head up & you will surely come across him. One last word, do not divorce any medium or place out of your search for true love in life cos it comes from where we most times least expected. What else can I say than ALL THE BEST DEAR TISABONE! God will surely see you through if u continually abide in Him!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Princephelar(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2012
This is all I have to say about this: with respect to your promises or vows to God,I want you to know that determination is not enough and you don't have to depend on your victory over the time,lean on God for the grace to keep your promises and don't let go of those vows no matter what situation you found yourself,There's a great reward for keeping promises or vows,remember it is better not to make promises than making them and not fulfilling them. Let God guide your acts,search the scriptures and pray more to know God's mind as touching every issues of your life,and I see you become a "WHAOOING" instrument in God's hand.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by swiftycool(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2012
Its ok to feel special with what uve done but seriously as Slimy or what's the name of that one who calls d men in her life weasels said; its really no biggie. I know a couple of Naija girls who have turned down young men with private jets and yatchs. Even my fine 28yr old cousin was turned down severally though politely even with his all his 2008-2011 porshe Suvs and properties by a simple yabatech girl despite his honest intentions for a full year in Naija till he gave up.

Some girls are really well cultured and principled while some just aren't, only those who aren't would see passing an old guy with a benz as a great achievement imo.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2012
OK=2=NV:

YES because unlike wine you guys get worse with age.

are you the type of man who prefers them young and dumb?

that way its easier to run weak game?

that an older woman would balk at, laughing in your face

before going on her merry way?

2 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:15am On Jun 01, 2012
I may not drive a fancy car, but a good few of my friends do. It's pathetic how some girls'll just hop into any fancy car. Your stance is commendable: It reeks of honourificabilitudinity.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by pendo89(f): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2012
ArQueBusieR: It reeks of honourificabilitudinity.
I still cant pronounce that word.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by 2sexy(m): 9:58am On Jun 01, 2012
OK=2=NV:

guy you just repeated what I said earlier. Spot on!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Sijo01(f): 10:26am On Jun 01, 2012
Op, was it Benz '190'?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Vergil: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2012
DailyNews:

If she really is taking the religious stance seriously, she won't just be looking for "swag", "flly" guys like she said earlier on.

You'd hear what every guy has to say
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by dabrake(m): 10:56am On Jun 01, 2012
Mynd_44: I expect threads from Onila not sane people
lmao
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Idowuogbo(f): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2012
na wa o!

@23 dis gal is opening a thread talking about wot exactly? Na2day! so if buggati stop for u wetin u go do? open website to discuss ur experience abi? SMH!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Has A Girl Ever Toasted You Before? Share Your Experience / Guy Pictured Helping A S£xy Lady Wit "Thick Oily" NYANSH Mount A Horse Trending / 10 Hot Sexy Images Of Beyonce Knowles (VD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.