Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,690 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? (10553 Views)

Ranti Martins Soleye Once Again Wins The Best Foreign Player In I-league / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Ross Berkley Of Everton Could Play For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2012
Ranti Martins Soleye: A Free Scoring Nigerian Forward

Free-scoring Ranti Martins has joined another Indian league team Prayag United after a superlative run at Dempo FC.

Martins, who caught the attention of other top Indian teams like East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, joined Prayag for a fee of 1.75m crores.

Speaking exclusively with MTNFootball.com, Martins thanked Dempo officials, team mates and fans for being there for him while he was with the team.

"I thank everybody that made my stay at Dempo worthwhile and memorable. I am grateful to the coaches, officials, my team mates and the fans for been there for me,” he said.

“I am happy with my move to Prayag United. I signed a year’s deal with them though they wanted a longer term deal.

“My desire is to win the league and cup double with my new team or at worst get the team to a top-three finish. I also want to retain my top scorers' award.”

Martins scored a whopping 32 goals in the league to set a new record and erased his previous mark of 30 goals.

He is also all-time league top scorer in India with 147 goals.

Prayag United, who finished seventh last season with 42 points, have another Nigerian, Bello Razaq, on their books.

Meanwhile, Martins is in line to win Indian Fans Player of the Year after he was nominated alongside East Bengal's Tolgay Ozbey, compatriot Odafe Okoli.

Last year, the 25-year-old striker lost the award to Mehtab Hussein.
http://www.mtnfootball.com/international/news/2012/may/12-ranti-martins-joins-prayag-united.html
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2012
Ranti Martins wins Indian league

Nigeria striker Ranti Martins Soleye emerged winner of the India I-League with Dempo United after a goalless draw with East Bengal at home.

Dempo topped the standings on 54 points with a game to spare.

Martins, who is also the top scorer in the league with a record 31 goals, said he is happy to be a champion and hopes for a better future.

"It was a great moment and I am happy we are champions even with a game to spare," Martins told MTNFootball.com

Pume FC, Churchill Brother and East Bengal are battling for second spot with 46 points, 45 points and 45 points respectively.

Another Nigerian, Odafe Okolie of Mohun Bagan, is second top scorer with 25 goals.
http://www.mtnfootball.com/international/news/2012/april/22-ranti-martins-wins-indian-league.html

Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2012
140 Goals scorer, Nigerian striker, Ranti Martins, rejects pay cut

Written by
Wednesday, April 4, 2012

NIGERIAN striker, Ranti Martins has insisted he will not take a pay cut to quit India, where he has set a record of 140 goals in the league.

advertisement

The Lagos-born Martins joined Dempo FC in 2004, he is now on the wanted list of most the top teams in India and there have been some interests from abroad.

But he told MTNFootball.com the cash has to be right for him to quit his club.

"I have received offers from Europe, Norway and Ireland to be precise, but I can't leave here for lesser pay all because I want to play in Europe. I am okay here. Now all the top teams in India want my service, what else do I want than to thank God," he said.

At the weekend, the record-breaking striker was again on target in a 2-2 draw away at Mohun Bagan.

Dempo United currently lead the table with 47 points, six points clear of second-placed East Bengal

Martins said his target is now to score past the 200-goal mark in the Indian league.

"I am happy with my record here in India, attaining a legendary feat is not easy in any country. I am the all-time top scorer in history of India league," he said.

"I have 140 goals in the league so far and I have scored 18 in the continental competitions. I was top scorer last season with 30 goals and I am leading the scorers' chart this season with 26 goals. "It is great to have my name written in gold here. I think I can score more than 200."
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/apr/4/612.html
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2012
Ranti Martins 4-1 Sporting Clube de Goa

A vintage second half performance saw Dempo Sports Club ready to uncork the champagne as a 4-1 demolition of Sporting Clube de Goa ensured that Dempo now are just one point away from a record fifth title.

Ranti Martins produced a blistering performance, scoring all four goals to take his tally of the season to an astonishing 31 goals. Dempo started the game without the suspended Clifford Miranda and the injured Subhasish Roy Chowdhury and Mahesh Gawli. Joaquim Abranches took Clifford’s place on the left, Rowilson Rodrigues was paired in defense with Creson Antao and Laxmikant Kattimani started in goal. The game took time to kick off into action as both teams treaded cautiously. But Ranti Martins broke the deadlock in the 25th minute with a sensational strike- worthy of being a contender for the goal of the season. Samir Naik from the right picked up a ball to Koko Sakibo and passed it to Ranti. The Nigerian though being hounded by Keita Boubacar, turned and fired in a brilliant volley passed Ashok Singh in the Sporting goal to make it 1-0. Thereafter Sporting came close to the equalizer but Freiman Peixoto shot just over the bar in the 31st minute. Sporting though equalized in the 40th minute after a corner from Anthony De Souza was headed in by James Moga.

In the second half it was all Ranti Martins as the League’s top scorere rattled the Sporting defense with brilliant strikes. A minute after the restart Dempo were ahead after a brilliant move from Abranches set Koko free and the Nigerian passed it on to his strike partner for a neat tap in. In th 57th minute a treacherous miss ass from Adil Khan saw Ranti latch on to the ball and score easily past the Sporting keeper to complete his hat trick. Ranti scored his fifth of the night in the 75th minute to complete the rout.

Dempo assistant coach Mauricio Afonso was pleased with his side’s showing. “ Our performance was excellent in the second half. We never allowed our opponents to settle down”

Dempo are now a point away from the title and can secure their fifth League crown if they draw againstEast Bengalon Friday at the Nehru Stadium.
http://demposportsclub.com/?p=1100
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2012
Ranti Martins joins Prayag United
By MTNFootball.com Saturday May 12, 11:40 +0200

Free-scoring Ranti Martins has joined another Indian league team Prayag United after a superlative run at Dempo FC.

Martins, who caught the attention of other top Indian teams like East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, joined Prayag for a fee of 1.75m crores.

Speaking exclusively with MTNFootball.com, Martins thanked Dempo officials, team mates and fans for being there for him while he was with the team.

"I thank everybody that made my stay at Dempo worthwhile and memorable. I am grateful to the coaches, officials, my team mates and the fans for been there for me,” he said.

“I am happy with my move to Prayag United. I signed a year’s deal with them though they wanted a longer term deal.

“My desire is to win the league and cup double with my new team or at worst get the team to a top-three finish. I also want to retain my top scorers' award.”

Martins scored a whopping 32 goals in the league to set a new record and erased his previous mark of 30 goals.

He is also all-time league top scorer in India with 147 goals.

Prayag United, who finished seventh last season with 42 points, have another Nigerian, Bello Razaq, on their books.

Meanwhile, Martins is in line to win Indian Fans Player of the Year after he was nominated alongside East Bengal's Tolgay Ozbey, compatriot Odafe Okoli.

Last year, the 25-year-old striker lost the award to Mehtab Hussein.
http://www.mtnfootball.com/international/news/2012/may/12-ranti-martins-joins-prayag-united.html

Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2012
How much hin pay you to do PR for am? undecided

Anyway, a few videos would have sufficed instead of this long epistle
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
I watched his interview that was granted by Godwin Enahina and Emeka Nwani on Sports Splash on LTV two days ago.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by jeffizy(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
Local champ. That's why he is so afraid moving on to bigger stages. He claiming pay factor for Ŋφτ̲̅ being ready to leave. Haaahahaaaha. He should ask Osaaze what he sacrificed by coming to Westbrom. He is playing in Indian league and thinks he is a super star? Hmmmm he better wake up.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
Is India a footballing nation.. Dude should come to Europe if he wants to be taken seriously
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
let him go to Sudan or even SA and score 30 goals first before he can be entitled to 'make noise'
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by shadrach77: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2012
immediately i saw the word 'india', i lost interest in the whole article. Any player who is worth his onions would not ply his trade in India angry angry angry
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by velo10: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77: Is India a footballing nation.. Dude should come to Europe if he wants to be taken seriously

Mu point exactly!!!
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by philip0906(m): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
@op
is he ur townsman?
he'd better leave that scrap league 2 a much better league if he wants 2 be taken serious.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by otokx(m): 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
India of all places
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by mikron(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
Let him move to a more competitive league in Europe then he will be assesed if he is worthy to put on d green white green of nigeria. He cant develop in india.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by fummylolah: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
Its actually very dishearten the way we Nigerian condemn our own.. This is someone i know so very well and i know his many struggles. He's got talent but no connection. He actually struggled in the game with the likes of Taiye Taiwo in the then Mighty Club in Agege. When opportunity was not forth coming, a friend of his that plays football in India gave him an invite to come and show his skills in that was how he started. Rome was not built in a day and he definitely had to start somewhere. Not everyone would have the opportunity to play in the ALMIGHTY ARSENAL OR CHELSEA but if you are determined and focus, you wold get there. we all know even to play in our Super Eagle team or Golden Eaglet, we must have the connection. He had approached several of our Nigerian Coaches for an invite or a chance for him to display his talent but the answers we get is for him to go and bring Millions of naira(The Nigerian greed comes into every area of our lives). A land were we believe in god fatherism and money(bribe) before anything get done. If he had gone to India to play football, its because it was the best offer he had and he is making the best of it.
To get a club to play for in Europe is neither easy (He is still trying his best to get a link).
He is not a poor guy by the grace of God cause he is the highest paid footballer in Indian(Earns well over N50 million Naira Yearly)
Yes you heard me right 50million Naira .
At least he took a step to improve his life.
what have you done with yours.
Would it have been better if he didn't take the offer and waited forever for THE ALMIGHTY EUROPEAN CLUBS?
All he needs is an invite to play for his beloved country to prove his worth.
THERE ARE STILL A MILLION AND ONE TALENTS OUT THERE THAT CAN IMPROVE OUR FOOTBALL HISTORY BUT HAVE GOT NO OPPORTUNITY.

3 Likes

Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by trigar12(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
careytommy: let him go to Sudan or even SA and score 30 goals first before he can be entitled to 'make noise'
Rubbish!!! Go and check his beautiful goals and decide 4 ur self. He is talented.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by StarrMatthieu: 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
trigar12:
Rubbish!!! Go and check his beautiful goals and decide 4 ur self. He is talented.
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
semid4lyfe: How much hin pay you to do PR for am? undecided

Anyway, a few videos would have sufficed instead of this long epistle

so because i decided to post what interests me, i have now been paid by him? you want to see his videos? google it yourself.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
Must everyone play in Europe before he or she can be tagged good? what is wrong with some Nigerians self? why would he take a pay cut to play in the irish league when he was told to move to europe? that dude is sharp and very creative, but the fact that he plays in india does not mean he can't play football, are there no humans in india that plays football? some people with their mentality self.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by jpworld(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
fummylolah: Its actually very dishearten the way we Nigerian condemn our own.. This is someone i know so very well and i know his many struggles. He's got talent but no connection. He actually struggled in the game with the likes of Taiye Taiwo in the then Mighty Club in Agege. When opportunity was not forth coming, a friend of his that plays football in India gave him an invite to come and show his skills in that was how he started. Rome was not built in a day and he definitely had to start somewhere. Not everyone would have the opportunity to play in the ALMIGHTY ARSENAL OR CHELSEA but if you are determined and focus, you wold get there. we all know even to play in our Super Eagle team or Golden Eaglet, we must have the connection. He had approached several of our Nigerian Coaches for an invite or a chance for him to display his talent but the answers we get is for him to go and bring Millions of naira(The Nigerian greed comes into every area of our lives). A land were we believe in god fatherism and money(bribe) before anything get done. If he had gone to India to play football, its because it was the best offer he had and he is making the best of it.
To get a club to play for in Europe is neither easy (He is still trying his best to get a link).
He is not a poor guy by the grace of God cause he is the highest paid footballer in Indian(Earns well over N50 million Naira Yearly)
Yes you heard me right 50million Naira .
At least he took a step to improve his life.
what have you done with yours.
Would it have been better if he didn't take the offer and waited forever for THE ALMIGHTY EUROPEAN CLUBS?
All he needs is an invite to play for his beloved country to prove his worth.
THERE ARE STILL A MILLION AND ONE TALENTS OUT THERE THAT CAN IMPROVE OUR FOOTBALL HISTORY BUT HAVE GOT NO OPPORTUNITY.

My friend Sharap! Who dash am 50million naira annually for Indian League?(Okocha self na wayo dem do am)
If the guy is really good, he won't even think of traveling to Indian for football reason.. He can go ahead and score 1000 goals, I don't care.

Lazy and average players keep saying no connection, my friend if u r good enough, connection will find u.

U compete among millions, so u must be @ ur best to be picked.

1 Like

Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by jpworld(m): 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
honeric01: Must everyone play in Europe before he or she can be tagged good? what is wrong with some Nigerians self? why would he take a pay cut to play in the irish league when he was told to move to europe? that dude is sharp and very creative, but the fact that he plays in india does not mean he can't play football, are there no humans in india that plays football? some people with their mentality self.

The quality of Indian League is terrible, even Lagos grassroots football looks far better than the Indian premier league.

For u to start making noise 4 his call to Super eagles shows, u must have been paid, and how come dis story makes front page.

If you want to play for the super eagles, makes sure you are in a good European league or Even Enyimba.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by scopusng(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
I watched this guy video on ltv yesterday. I must confess the guy is too good.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
scopusng: I watched this guy video on ltv yesterday. I must confess the guy is too good.

You dey mind some people? they haven't even seen the guy play, yet they are saying he's not good, what's wrong with some people self?

jpworld:

The quality of Indian League is terrible, even Lagos grassroots football looks far better than the Indian premier league.

For u to start making noise 4 his call to Super eagles shows, u must have been paid, and how come dis story makes front page.

If you want to play for the super eagles, makes sure you are in a good European league or Even Enyimba.

Look at me very well, do i look like i care about what you think? if i was paid to promote him, how's that your problem? are you the one who's going to pick him to play for the eagles or whoever decides to pick him? were sport-splash (LTV cool also paid to have him interviewed? if you don't have anything to say, just hush..

For the records, i don't decide what makes the front page so shove your ignorance into your pocket.

And please show me where i asked him to be called up for the eagles, even if i made such call, does that mean the coaches would heed to my calls? undecided
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by toluxa1(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoonryoET9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoonryoET9Y

But If I dey this league with goalkeepers like this, i go score at least 53 goals a season o
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by fummylolah: 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
@jpworld, I don't blame ur retard self cause all you do is come on nairaland to condem others & their effort. He should have stayed back in Nigeria & queued at d newspaper stand daily to read complete football just like u do, Jobless soul. I doubt if ur name is even written in pencil on ur street not to talk of ur LGA. He makes over 50million yearly, deal with it. Am sure selling urself till ur 5th generation won't make dat much & datz why u find it hard to believe. One day u going to spend 90mins of ur miserable life watching him play on ur TV( thatz if u have one). He is a star & he is going to shine.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by carlos86: 1:15am On Jun 03, 2012
The Nigerian league is still far better than the Indian league
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by semid4lyfe(m): 5:18am On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by member479760: 6:26am On Jun 03, 2012
fine-boy stay India jare dey enjoy yaself. money na money
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2012
There's this guy, Peter Ijeh that was top scorer in Swedish league some years back. He got called up to the eagles squad for a game and he fumbled like a pack of cards. That was his first and last appearance i guess. Let him move to a more competitive league if he's so sure of his skills. India is a cricketing nation, abeg..who knows anything about Indian football. Pass the mic pls
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by jpworld(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2012
honeric01:

You dey mind some people? they haven't even seen the guy play, yet they are saying he's not good, what's wrong with some people self?

Look at me very well, do i look like i care about what you think? if i was paid to promote him, how's that your problem? are you the one who's going to pick him to play for the eagles or whoever decides to pick him? were sport-splash (LTV cool also paid to have him interviewed? if you don't have anything to say, just hush..

For the records, i don't decide what makes the front page so shove your ignorance into your pocket.

And please show me where i asked him to be called up for the eagles, even if i made such call, does that mean the coaches would heed to my calls? undecided

Yu are one of those people that is killing our football, LTV receive money to show his ad, he is an average player, playing against bad defenders and goalkeepers.. and as far as I am concern I won't even allow his invitation to the national team, instead of him they should go to our league to pick the best player..
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by jpworld(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2012
fummylolah: @jpworld, I don't blame ur retard self cause all you do is come on nairaland to condem others & their effort. He should have stayed back in Nigeria & queued at d newspaper stand daily to read complete football just like u do, Jobless soul. I doubt if ur name is even written in pencil on ur street not to talk of ur LGA. He makes over 50million yearly, deal with it. Am sure selling urself till ur 5th generation won't make dat much & datz why u find it hard to believe. One day u going to spend 90mins of ur miserable life watching him play on ur TV( thatz if u have one). He is a star & he is going to shine.

As far as jpworld is concern 50million is a chicken change, he is not even worth 1 million Naira annually, check out there team Jerseys, low quality Jersey, A team that cannot afford to buy quality Jerseys, will now be the one paying 32000usd monthly, I laugh in Bombay..

I commend him for his effort in Indian, but as far as super eagles is concern, his effort is not good enough..

Let me tell you something about starting ur career in a Bad league, no European agent will watch ur DVD in India or other bad league's and believe u r worth playing in any European league.

Ranti Martins career won't go beyond India, Bangladesh, Pakistan. League's like Qatar, UAE, won't even take him talk-less of China, Japan or Europe.

He can come back to Nigeria to restart his career... if he really want to make it big..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okagbare Wins 200m Bronze At IAAF World Championships / England Vs USA: [1 - 1] On Saturday June 12, 2010 / Week 29 Pool Fixtures For Sat 21 Jan 2023 – UK 2022/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.