Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Suggest How NTA Can Improve - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Suggest How NTA Can Improve (6566 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / NTA News and Radio Nigeria On Your Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
I grew up when Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) was the only TV station around.*even the name is depressing*
Up till now, I haven't seen any positive changes.
Is it the way they cut off programmes to start another or their old and masquerade-make-up ladies or their seeming tilt at bringing every one on board bec of federal character and Ŋφτ̲̅ considering talents?
Graphics is Zero.
Please give suggestions on how NTA can stand tall among the other channels.

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Lillyeean(f): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
Very depressing indeed... Can't remember d last time I tuned to NTA...
The NEWS theme song should be changed abeg...
I don't even lyk d news I prefer Channels news.. NTA SUCKS!!?!

2 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Arosa(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
NTA should get funds from the private sector because the government funds are inadequate. I agree with lilyeean, the news theme song should be changed, it sucks. They should also stop the use of compositing techniques in their news studio, it's horrible. This is how a proper news room looks like, no blue screen compositing.

4 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Lillyeean(f): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
shocked[b] WOW!!! Now that's a what a newsroom shld look lyk... This 1 ROCKS!!! .... This environs alone is news enof 4 me.... grin[/b]

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by oloriooko(m): 10:40am On Jun 09, 2012
Improve ke? Never cos it's the same people that will remain there so how can they improve?

For NTA it's backward ever forward never grin

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by denzel2009: 10:44am On Jun 09, 2012
It's a downward mobile establishment. Can't you see they still use those polaroid cameras we took pictures with when we visited zoological garden in the 80's?
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
oloriooko: Improve ke? Never cos it's the same people that will remain there so how can they improve?

For NTA it's backward ever forward never grin
true talk
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by RoyalRoy(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2012
So it seems N.T.A is condemned to doom. Anyway,no wonder they are still one of the few free channels on DStv. Lmao.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by goodchick(f): 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
forget it nta can't improve,even when enlightened people like ben bruce was running the place it was like it is now. Its the most boring station ever.

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 11, 2012
They should shut down, and pack up. They shouldn't even sell - not sure they have any useful equipment to sell.

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
Lillyeean: Very depressing indeed... Can't remember d last time I tuned to NTA...
The NEWS theme song should be changed abeg...
I don't even lyk d news I prefer Channels news.. NTA SUCKS!!?!
I remember when I was younger,it makes me sleep instantly.lolz

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
iceblue: They should shut down, and pack up. They shouldn't even sell - not sure they have any useful equipment to sell.
Lolz! Who will show Mrs patience carrying her ublerra?
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by ibsmooth: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2012
NO1.LET NTA HAVE AUTONOMY AS CBN DOES.
NO2.THE APPOINTMENT OF ITS DG SHOULD
BE THROUGH THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.
NO3.GOVERNMENT SHOULD STOP FUNDING IT
SUCH THAT HER REVENUE SHOULD COME WITHIN SELF.
NO4.EVERY STATION SHOULD GENERATE ITS FUNDS

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by kokoA(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
There is no hope for NTA.. Sorry but thats the truth.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Lisa1: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by metrix360(m): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2012
grin
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 9:26am On Jun 13, 2012
Lisa1: Thanks for sharing.
✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊ for dropping by.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by awesomet1(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2012
Back in the 90s when I was younger, once it is 9pm news...that means bedtime...even though my Dad insisted we watch the news, my siblings and I always end up sleeping on the sitting room chairs...talk about absolute boredom. Imagine people like Cyril Stober still casting news...that guy has been there since I was conscious of myself as a living person.

6 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Ejine(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2012
NTA? Gawd, I HATE those channels!

They smell like poverty! angry
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Chanchit: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2012
Prayers.....!
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Tsmooth1(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2012
Sell (privitize) it to Atiku abi OBJ.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by NaijaNaWaa: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2012
Arosa: NTA should get funds from the private sector because the government funds are inadequate. I agree with lilyeean, the news theme song should be changed, it sucks. They should also stop the use of compositing techniques in their news studio, it's horrible. This is how a proper news room looks like, no blue screen compositing.

Really? Have you seen NTA's budget and actual annual expenses? If you haven't, check the budget office website under Federal Ministry of Information. Fact is that NTA is OVER FUNDED but like all things with "N" as in Nigeria; corruption, federal character, quota system, mediocrity, tribalism, eye service, etc etc come in the way. I'm surprised that anyone still watches NTA. It sucks like nothing else I know.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by mikuz(m): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2012
awesome_t: Back in the 90s when I was younger, once it is 9pm news...that means bedtime...even though my Dad insisted we watch the news, my siblings and I always end up sleeping on the sitting room chairs...talk about absolute boredom. Imagine people like Cyril Stober still casting news...that guy has been there since I was conscious of myself as a living person.
that guy is still there?
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Biggysmalls919(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2012
when murray bruce was made the boss of nta he brought in some new reforms. He even changed nta's awful logo to an int'l logo. But as soon as he left d new DG that replaced him went back to the old logo. There is so much error in their news broadcast, programming like sports and up till now can't even report a single live breaking news. "largest network in africa" my arss.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by SuyaEater(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2012
most nigerian tv stations are boring anyway except for AIT
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by ITbomb(m): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2012
The way the make believe news studio shakes when the camera zoom out, so disgusting.
If they don't have a real studio , they should stop embarrassing Nigerians
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by sanchez4eva: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2012
Beauty attracts and dats a fact...Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ newsroom shld make sense lyk dat picture above...Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ newscaster(s) shld dress elegantly and τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ video quality shld be high def...their problem is that they need to make money sharp sharp so they focus on collecting money for useless programmes and adverts instead of showcasing better programs....Can u imagine that when a whole national team is playing a match, NTA wld be showing a church program...dats bullshit...My suggestion is this..let NTA create new channels-NTA sports and NTA entertainment..τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ three channels shld showcase better programs..τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ nta sports can get τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ rights to showcase some premier league matches while τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ nta entertainment shld be focused on music,movies and maybe reality shows (just lyk E)..do u knw hw much revenue they will get in a year? Money from advertisement alone wld be enof to fund τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ power sector..But τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ problem with Nigeria is corruption and stupidity so we can expect business as usual...Peace

4 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2012
NTA should stop fielding those traditional attire wearing, heavy-accented, Oral english maneuvering newscasters.

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by henryugo(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2012
burn it down and pack de ashes back it will equal bbc or cnn :Pburn it down and pack de ashes back it will equal bbc or cnn
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2012
awesome_t: Back in the 90s when I was younger, once it is 9pm news...that means bedtime...even though my Dad insisted we watch the news, my siblings and I always end up sleeping on the sitting room chairs...talk about absolute boredom. Imagine people like Cyril Stober still casting news...that guy has been there since I was conscious of myself as a living person.
My experience, Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я word!
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by henryugo(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2012
let boko haram help us 2 manage it 4 better viewing abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Is Del-york International/new York Film Academy Not Ripping Off Nigerians? / Bollywood Is The Best: Amitabh Bachchan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.