Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? (3586 Views)

Return To Igboland Now – MASSOB Tells Ndigbo / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives / Do We Really Need State Police In Nigeria? Is Our Federal Police Not Performing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
This question has bugged my mind for weeks and months now. It has got to the stage that I cannot sleep well at nights while pondering this question. I remember vividly how we lobbied (at least added our voices) to the appointment of Anyim Pius Anyim to the position of Secretary to the Federal Government. There are such other Igbo personalities now as Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and others. I would not be exaggerating if I say that we hold strategic positions in this government.

Why is Enugu International Airport "upgrade" looking like a glorified hen house project?
Why didn't the Federal Government include Enugu as one of the international airports to be concessioned alongside Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt?
Is it that Igbo heartlands must continue to be denied international access or something more sinister?

These PDP Igbo Federal officials should tell us what projects (any project at all) they have attracted to the SE. They are there because we voted for Jonathan.
As for Jonathan, unless he is not going to need Igbo votes again, he should take this personally.
This continued marginalization of Igboland, even with Igbo sons/daughters in strategic Federal positions should give us reason and pause for thorough introspection. I hate PDP (not that APGA has impressed me too much but it is still better than PDP in defending Igbo interests in Nigeria) for this reason. If any Igbo thinks that I'm wrong for hating PDP, he should come here and put forward a contrary view; let the readers decide. It is not enough that your local PDP governor may be working. It is time we start thinking COLLECTIVELY for our survival in Nigeria. If we cannot survive in Nigeria by confronting the local challenges, how can we survive out of Nigeria by confronting international challenges?

So, let's answer this question honestly.

Here I stand.

Signed,

Onlytruth, ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
I'll be back later. cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
Guy,they are representing their own pocket not for the people cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by achi4u(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
All they know hw to do best is sharing our future and creating more hardship to the masses.
You said some govs maybe working in their respective state,but my own state gov is already nearing his grave and has no clue about modern dev,so,our own sorry case pass others.
Anyim pius too is too fatty to com up with any sencesible idea to help his region...it seems everyone on his own pocket.

But can't we the masses do somthing about this ugly situation or are we gonna remain this way?

What about mass protest...from all the state capital?

I hate that name PDP.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PaulJohn1: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ OP I'm not Igbo, but I'll tell you that this present government (people we think are representing us)are there for their own interest, just few of them are willing to cater for their people. It's not only the Igbo that're experiencing this, but everyone group in this country.

Imagine me voting for a corrupt person, all because he's from my tribe, at last I'll be the one that it's gonna pain most, because I expected him to be a benefit to my tribe.

We're all gonna progress when we speak in one voice and put a credible and non bias man as our leader.

Let me hint you
During OBJ time
-He stop funding Lagos just because he wants to show superiority to Tinubu he has, and making a state of 10million citizen(estim. Then) go through hell.

GEJ now
-How has him being the president better the lives of Ijaw people, and save them from their creek?
Yar'Adua even did better by listening to the MEND and doing something for them.

Bro. Until we shun tribalism and vote for a competent leader, we're all gonna remain stagnant.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Chyz2: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
Onlytruth: This question has bugged my mind for weeks and months now. It has got to the stage that I cannot sleep well at nights while pondering this question. I remember vividly how we lobbied (at least added our voices) to the appointment of Anyim Pius Anyim to the position of Secretary to the Federal Government. There are such other Igbo personalities now as Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and others. I would not be exaggerating if I say that we hold strategic positions in this government.

Why is Enugu International Airport "upgrade" looking like a glorified hen house project?
Why didn't the Federal Government include Enugu as one of the international airports to be concessioned alongside Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt?
Is it that Igbo heartlands must continue to be denied international access or something more sinister?

These PDP Igbo Federal officials should tell us what projects (any project at all) they have attracted to the SE. They are there because we voted for Jonathan.
As for Jonathan, unless he is not going to need Igbo votes again, he should take this personally.
This continued marginalization of Igboland, even with Igbo sons/daughters in strategic Federal positions should give us reason and pause for thorough introspection. I hate PDP (not that APGA has impressed me too much but it is still better than PDP in defending Igbo interests in Nigeria) for this reason. If any Igbo thinks that I'm wrong for hating PDP, he should come here and put forward a contrary view; let the readers decide. It is not enough that your local PDP governor may be working. It is time we start thinking COLLECTIVELY for our survival in Nigeria. If we cannot survive in Nigeria by confronting the local challenges, how can we survive out of Nigeria by confronting international challenges?

Here I stand.

Signed,

Brother, I hope you now understand why I've been throwing dirty on jonathan. He is not in it for us. The projects such as Enugu having an international airport, 2nd niger bridge, and a seaport will never be completed and fully functional but will instead be used as a bargaining tool for jonathan's presidency in 2015. I will not say to much, and dont ask how i know, but Jonathan and some PDP rascals are working on bringing forth a candidate, who is of Urhobo origion, as the PDP candidate for Governor of Delta state for the 2015 election, it is not Great Ovedje Ogboru btw. He is no different than the rest. The Minister of Aviation has nothing to do with why Ibiam Airport was not included in the upgrades. She could only take orders. But, this doesn't mean she cant make noise but she would also need the SE political idiots* to back her.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Dede1(m): 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
Onlytruth: This question has bugged my mind for weeks and months now. It has got to the stage that I cannot sleep well at nights while pondering this question. I remember vividly how we lobbied (at least added our voices) to the appointment of Anyim Pius Anyim to the position of Secretary to the Federal Government. There are such other Igbo personalities now as Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and others. I would not be exaggerating if I say that we hold strategic positions in this government.

Here I stand.

Signed,

When I talk about Republic of Igbo land in the light of disintegration of Nigeria, whether peaceful or bloody, I meant every word of the statement. Nigeria has and will continue to use certain elements in Nigeria against Ndigbo. I am for anything that will lead to dismemberment of Nigeria. I tend to feign novice when Ndigbo talk about Onicha riverport, second River Niger Bridge at Onicha/Asaba and Enugu International airport. When I look at the environmental and structural condition of Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) international airport and number of international flights allowed into it, I conclude that the case of eastern region of Nigeria is more diabolical than people tend to perceive.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by achi4u(m): 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
Dede1:

When I talk about Republic of Igbo land in the light of disintegration of Nigeria, whether peaceful or bloody, I meant every word of the statement. Nigeria has and will continue to use certain elements in Nigeria against Ndigbo. I am for anything that will lead to dismemberment of Nigeria. I tend to feign novice when Ndigbo talk about Onicha riverport, second River Niger Bridge at Onicha/Asaba and Enugu International airport. When I look at the environmental and structural condition of Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) international airport and number of international flights allowed into it, I conclude that the case of eastern region of Nigeria is more diabolical than people tend to perceive.
i said it before i will repeat saying it that untill we the youth of this present generation fight for our future there will be no headway,poverty and sqaulor will keep knocking on doorsteps.Too bad.

yes let the country divide inwhich ever way "peace or pieces" those that remain will continue to leave a decent life.

we cant continue to leave in fear...always watching our back for fear of the unknown.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Demdem(m): 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ebele "Azikwe" retardeen don chop Igbo vote clean mouth. Well, its a national problem, not perculiar to the igbos alone.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PointB: 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
Frankly Eze, the answer is that we are still waiting for dividend of having Okonjo Iweala, Pius Ayim, and the two national assembly deputies. I don't even know if they exist or not.

Well, our support for those fellows and indeed GEJ is not to be taken for granted. In the end, it still about development of Igboland. I am willing to give him 6months more and one year at most! If he is only interested in consolidating power for the sake of it, the GEJ and all our kiths and kins in his government are on there own!

GEJ will not use us to build a power base for the sake of it! We need something in return. The earlier he started showing his SE devolopment cards. the better for him. We cannot be taken for a ride!

Oga Johnathan, time is running out! You are my man, but there is no permanent friend in this jungle, you have to look Eastward ASAP, before we become restless. [s]I hope you know say when our own start, aboki own go be like child's play.[/s] cool cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 3:00am On Jun 02, 2012
Chyz*:

Brother, I hope you now understand why I've been throwing dirty on jonathan. He is not in it for us. The projects such as Enugu having an international airport, 2nd niger bridge, and a seaport will never be completed and fully functional but will instead be used as a bargaining tool for jonathan's presidency in 2015. I will not say to much, and dont ask how i know, but Jonathan and some PDP rascals are working on bringing forth a candidate, who is of Urhobo origion, as the PDP candidate for Governor of Delta state for the 2015 election, it is not Great Ovedje Ogboru btw. He is no different than the rest. The Minister of Aviation has nothing to do with why Ibiam Airport was not included in the upgrades. She could only take orders. But, this doesn't mean she cant make noise but she would also need the SE political idiots* to back her.

If the bolded is what they are actually thinking, then they must be really stoopid, because I'm not even sure that any sane Igbo would support Jonathan by the end of next year, talkless of 2015. lol
The days of using the same projects to woo Igbo votes ended with Obasanjo, honestly. We voted Jonathan mainly because he is from the East, but if his government would marginalize us the most, then we would not even think before throwing him and his clonies under the bus WAYYYYYYY before 2015. cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

If the bolded is what they are actually thinking, then they must be really stoopid,[size=18pt] because I'm not even sure that any sane Igbo would support Jonathan by the end of next year, talkless of 2015[/size]. lol
The days of using the same projects to woo Igbo votes ended with Obasanjo, honestly. We voted Jonathan mainly because he is from the East, but if his government would marginalize us the most, then we would not even think before throwing him and his clonies under the bus WAYYYYYYY before 2015. cool

You're the most wishy washy person on this board, you know.

You've said the opposite @bolded on several other threads. BTW, when did you start speaking for Ndigbo?

If you're their speaker, then Ndigbo is not ready for 204x, talkless of 2015.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 3:08am On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You've said the opposite @bolded on several other threads. BTW, when did you start speaking for Ndigbo?

You have desperately sought for my attention these past few weeks and I wouldn't give it. So you have resorted to lashing out on me and throwing things hoping that something sticks. lol
If you don't have anything sensible to contribute here, please move along. I ain't gat time for no groupie. cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 02, 2012
^^^ My friend, keep quiet there. This is a public forum, incase you still think you're in your beer palor.

Onlytruth:

If the bolded is what they are actually thinking, then they must be really stoopid,[size=18pt] because I'm not even sure that any sane Igbo would support Jonathan by the end of next year, talkless of 2015[/size]. lol

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 3:12am On Jun 02, 2012
achi4u: i said it before i will repeat saying it that untill we the youth of this present generation fight for our future there will be no headway,poverty and sqaulor will keep knocking on doorsteps.[/b]Too bad.

yes let the country divide inwhich ever way "peace or pieces" those that remain will continue to leave a decent life.

[b]we cant continue to leave in fear...always watching our back for fear of the unknown.

My brother you are right. The first step towards emancipation is to defeat fear and see it for what it is - something that can be defeated.
Anybody who is serious about emancipation MUST first conquer fear.
Obi okorobia ka eji aba ogaranya ( a youthful heart is necessary to defeat poverty).
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 3:20am On Jun 02, 2012
Dede1:
When I talk about Republic of Igbo land in the light of disintegration of Nigeria, whether peaceful or bloody, I meant every word of the statement. Nigeria has and will continue to use certain elements in Nigeria against Ndigbo. [/b]I am for anything that will lead to dismemberment of Nigeria. I tend to feign novice when Ndigbo talk about Onicha riverport, second River Niger Bridge at Onicha/Asaba and Enugu International airport. When I look at the environmental and structural condition of Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) international airport and number of international flights allowed into it, I conclude that the case of eastern region of Nigeria is more diabolical than people tend to perceive.

Bros [b]Dede1
, Ndigbo si na "nti amara ama eji ya anu ihe, soso oji ka agaghi akpanye ya" -(a cut off ear can still hear, only that you cannot use it to hold colanut. Actually, this is a Nnewi proverb, and the interpretation may vary from one clan of Igbo to another). It basically means that I have already heard and acknowledged your point about us forming a Republic of Igboland, instead of Biafra. Nwanne, if we cannot even look the Nigerian devils in the eyes and tell them to give us our share of federal projects, how can we look international players in the eyes?
I personally believe that if Ndigbo cannot defeat Nigerian internal marginalization, that we will not survive international marginalization (oh it is out there!).
We must first rein in our people who claim to be representing us and hold them to account.
If they cannot give us a satisfactory account, we must run them out of town, one way or another. cool
The youths of Igboland are traditionally the enforcers of our mores.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 3:36am On Jun 02, 2012
PointB: Frankly Eze, the answer is that we are still waiting for dividend of having Okonjo Iweala, Pius Ayim, and the two national assembly deputies. I don't even know if they exist or not.

Well, our support for those fellows and indeed GEJ is not to be taken for granted. In the end, it still about development of Igboland. I am willing to give him 6months more and one year at most! If he is only interested in consolidating power for the sake of it, the GEJ and all our kiths and kins in his government are on there own!

GEJ will not use us to build a power base for the sake of it! We need something in return. The earlier he started showing his SE devolopment cards. the better for him. We cannot be taken for a ride!

Oga Johnathan, [size=16pt]time is running out![/size] You are my man, but there is no permanent friend in this jungle, you have to look Eastward ASAP, before we become restless. [s]I hope you know say when our own start, aboki own go be like child's play.[/s] cool cool

Everything you said it spot on!
For me, 6 months MAX. cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 3:45am On Jun 02, 2012
When I said we the youths need to "run our representative out of town", I mean that we MUST reject ANY PARTY THEY BELONG TO at the polls. When PDP was playing their heinous games of sharing of political posts, I saw in that exercise everything that is wrong with Nigeria. EVERYTHING. sad
As far as I'm concerned, PDP is like a template of Nigeria, a country that has decided that we Ndigbo cannot be allowed to attain our God given potential. Our support for Jonathan, to me, should be our LAST experiment with PDP.

We Ndigbo are a major nation within Nigeria. We can (and should) move into one party, ANY PARTY, and use it to fight our oppressors in Nigeria; and if they won't repent, we should use that party to seek secession.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by 365naijanews(m): 7:30am On Jun 02, 2012
politics politics i remember those good old day when i was growing up i was told that politics is a dirty game and for you to play it you must be dirty too. I wil alway argue with them. But as i been to grow i got to find out tha
all this are true. The president does not even has a plan for this let alone the igo people the man is confuse i think.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by nduchucks: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2012
I will be back with my own input shortly. It is possible to develop ala Igbo without government handouts. 60% of the handouts are stolen by the governors and their agents anyway.

In the meantime enjoy the interesting thoughts below, of a wise Igboman resident in Kano:

olodowisestein:

It is my understanding that you passionately mean well to see the East develop into an economic hub including having standard international airports. Of course, I would want to see one in Owerri, but at this juncture, basic things like health, agriculture,education and developing indigenous expertise of international standard is of more primary concern. I don't find it funny that not one university from the East is among top 20 best universities in Africa.

Rochas would definitely want to see one in Owerri and he has talked about it. However, he is not short sighted in making health and education his top priorities and given scholarships despite Imo having one of the highest literacy rate in the country. The dividends will manifest years to come and that will in turn creat a secure, civilized,democratic, stable, innovative and prosperous society.

One of the major reasons SE is running helter skelter is because we lack a collective philosophy. I am sorry to say, we are like sheep's without shepherd. We may share common interest and destiny but there is a fundamental lack of value consensus in our community. In my view, that is the essence of region/nation building. That is what Ojukwu tried to relay to us but unfortunately we haven't grasp it yet. We see and adore him as one who fought for the benefits of all of us and have not taken look at the CORE message. I have not come across his written works but if there is none, then that core message may be lost forever.

My contention is, you do not build a region with concretes but with ideas and ingenuity. The State of Israel started with agriculture and by building top universities and today, they have the highest number of engineers per capital and the highest number of PhD's. They can build their own airports without given the contracts to FOREIGN firms. In fact, no country can match them in technology. That is how to build a civilization. We should learn from them.

Contrastingly,in our own case, we will have to give the contracts to some Foreign firms, import materials for building the airports. We often like to talk about how big this or that market is and love throwing economic jargon's here and there without acknowledging the fact that the Fiat money that boost trades in these markets come from only one source,Oil. What is our indigenous inventions?
Oh, we also like to boast about how so so and so man has this or that company in his hometown by monopolizing the market. But just take a very look at those companies and you would see that they were built and run by foreigners, the Chinese, etc.

I mentioned Kano, because it is a slap in our face from President GEJ. He is bound on pleasing the Northerners first and foremost. Despite the BH menace, there are major projects going on in the North. Have you seen the SURE bulletin? You would be surprised to see how very few projects were allocated for the East. What made you think that he will kowtow to your demands of 3 international airports? To make matters even worse, our Eastern governors are being sycophants in the corridors of Aso rock. GEJ can only give us symbolic victory just like he did during Ojukwu's burial, but on practical issues, politics comes to play. We Ndigbo need to learn how to play politics. Just like Aristotle stated that "man is by nature a political animal". We need to understand that it is not about permanent friends but permanent interest.

Nevertheless, that is why we need a grass root approach. We have the brains. We need to invest in our young ones and future generation to think for themselves. Our people in the diaspora, if they are so willing to contribute, should come back with all the knowledge and certificates they have got to impact them on those at home, so that we all can collectively build a strong foundation. Instead of littering mansions all over the places, we can use those lands to make the East self sufficient in food. I see no reason why everyone wants to own 10 mansions in one of the land deprived regions in Nigeria. We need solid modern architectural designs that will complement a good road and rail network. We have to start thinking on how to generate our own electricity and so on.

When all these things are put into place, international airports will naturally follow suit.

Timing and setting priorities straight can go a long way in making the snail accomplish more than the tortoise.

If we wait for the FG, my guy, we go OLD.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Afam4eva(m): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
Igbos will grow gray hair if they think that this present government will deliver them from their current embarrasing position in the Nigerian federation. It's high time we took our destiny into our own hands.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Dede1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Bros Dede1, Ndigbo si na "nti amara ama eji ya anu ihe, soso oji ka agaghi akpanye ya" -(a cut off ear can still hear, only that you cannot use it to hold colanut. Actually, this is a Nnewi proverb, and the interpretation may vary from one clan of Igbo to another). It basically means that I have already heard and acknowledged your point about us forming a Republic of Igboland, instead of Biafra. Nwanne, if we cannot even look the Nigerian devils in the eyes and tell them to give us our share of federal projects, how can we look international players in the eyes?
I personally believe that if Ndigbo cannot defeat Nigerian internal marginalization, that we will not survive international marginalization (oh it is out there!).
We must first rein in our people who claim to be representing us and hold them to account.
If they cannot give us a satisfactory account, we must run them out of town, one way or another. cool
The youths of Igboland are traditionally the enforcers of our mores.

I have likened Nigeria and anticipated Republic of Igbo land to the comparison between scenes of broken or divided house and united house. Nigeria has a concurrent subliminal conflict among the members of the house which brewed a culture that shuns patriotism and encourages ethnocentrism and corruption. Individuals elected into political offices by Nigerians have no common link with the masses. They are elected into cabal which has every intention to stockpile money so that their offspring will perpetuate their unfinished business, confuse the masses and reduce them to paupers so that a mere sudden handout could turn them into a political zombie, maintain a stagnated economic status quo so that people are on each other’s throat and willing to annihilate each other on slightest of the provocation and make sure Nigeria resembles an impenetrable jungle that will be unattractive to its citizens abroad.

In Republic of Igbo land, unlike Nigeria, will be a united house with a common destiny for all. The republic shall be a place where patriotism shall flow like a river and the need to maintain urgent sense of competitiveness shall remain the motto. It shall remain a place where people will thrive to get it right from the start. Let me further buttress my point with what happened in Owerri few years ago about Otokoto’s saga. If Owerri was Nigeria, such action will never happen due to ethnic sensitivity. Owerri was taken over by hoodlums and rascals to the point that a once lovely city such as Owerri suddenly became death spot. But one fine morning, Ndigbo decided they have had enough from the rascals and set out for house cleaning without glancing over their shoulders about being accused of ethnic cleansing. Anybody who looked back before the revolution against Otokoto and what Owerri later became would understand that “Umunna wu ike”.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Akanbiedu(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
You guys obviously do not understand/recognize the game, by the time you finally realize, so many Nigerians would be dead.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
Dede1:

I have likened Nigeria and anticipated Republic of Igbo land to the comparison between scenes of broken or divided house and united house. Nigeria has a concurrent subliminal conflict among the members of the house which brewed a culture that shuns patriotism and encourages ethnocentrism and corruption. Individuals elected into political offices by Nigerians have no common link with the masses. They are elected into cabal which has every intention to stockpile money so that their offspring will perpetuate their unfinished business, confuse the masses and reduce them to paupers so that a mere sudden handout could turn them into a political zombie, maintain a stagnated economic status quo so that people are on each other’s throat and willing to annihilate each other on slightest of the provocation and make sure Nigeria resembles an impenetrable jungle that will be unattractive to its citizens abroad.

In Republic of Igbo land, unlike Nigeria, will be a united house with a common destiny for all. The republic shall be a place where patriotism shall flow like a river and the need to maintain urgent sense of competitiveness shall remain the motto. It shall remain a place where people will thrive to get it right from the start. Let me further buttress my point with what happened in Owerri few years ago about Otokoto’s saga. If Owerri was Nigeria, such action will never happen due to ethnic sensitivity. Owerri was taken over by hoodlums and rascals to the point that a once lovely city such as Owerri suddenly became death spot. But one fine morning, Ndigbo decided they have had enough from the rascals and set out for house cleaning without glancing over their shoulders about being accused of ethnic cleansing. Anybody who looked back before the revolution against Otokoto and what Owerri later became would understand that “Umunna wu ike”.

You are man person no doubt cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
NNPC, Chevron, others donate chest clinic to Anambra
On May 13, 2012 · In News
9:19 pm

BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA – THE Agbami Group, comprising five multinational oil companies, has handed over to Anambra State government an ultra-modern chest clinic built at the premises of the new Anambra State University Teaching Hospital, Awka.

Members of the group are Star Deepwater Petroleum Limited (a Chevron Company), Famfa Oil Limited, Statoil Nigeria Limited, Petroleo Brasileiro Nigeria Limited and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.

Construction of the clinic, which has state-of-the art equipment, was started seven months ago.

A representative of the group, Mr. Shola Adebalu, said credit should be given to Governor Peter Obi for the goodwill he enjoyed in Nigeria to attract the project to Anambra State .

According to him, the decision to build the health facility is part of the group’s social responsibility aimed at adding value to the lives of the people of the state.

He explained that in addition to the clinic, the group was also involved in awareness programmes on HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases in many communities in the six geo- political zone of the country. cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by achi4u(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
My heart bleed each time i remember that igboland are being subjugated and maginalized by its sons and daughters who are elected as our sole representative____,yet we seems to be handicaped in all front,but how can we fight those monsters with fangs and guns?
In this case,if we must fight many WILL lay down their lives,thats why i do buy the ideas of Mr Dede1 that nigerian is a "broken house" which we can't continue to live with,we either confront those toying with our futurs with anything we lay our hands and fight.

We are the BEST set of people in this continent yet we suffer more.

...dont ask me how.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Demdem(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
PointB: Frankly Eze, the answer is that we are still waiting for dividend of having Okonjo Iweala, Pius Ayim, and the two national assembly deputies. I don't even know if they exist or not.

Oga Johnathan, time is running out! You are my man, but there is no permanent friend in this jungle, you have to look Eastward ASAP, before we become restless. [s]I hope you know say when our own start, aboki own go be like child's play.[/s] cool cool

Very soon PointB will see reason why the retardeen is very useless. Did u just say 6months to 1yr?
grin grin
Give the retardeen 2yrs, nw same tori. Dont worry, will remind u or ur words. cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Demdem(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Everything you said it spot on!
For me, 6 months MAX. cool

Damn it, onlylies also angry
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2012
achi4u: My heart bleed each time i remember that igboland are being subjugated and maginalized by its sons and daughters who are elected as our sole representative____,yet we seems to be handicaped in all front,but how can we fight those monsters with fangs and guns?
In this case,if we must fight many WILL lay down their lives,thats why i do buy the ideas of Mr Dede1 that nigerian is a "broken house" which we can't continue to live with,we either confront those toying with our futurs with anything we lay our hands and fight.

We are the BEST set of people in this continent yet we suffer more.

...dont ask me how.

My brother that has been my biggest concern.
The way I see it, I would resign my position if as a minister of aviation I would be made to preside over the upgrade of international airports in other places that demand less air travel than Igboland.
If all our sons/daughters did the same and went to press with their stories, at least we the masses of Igboland would know who the enemy is and confront the enemies frontally.
The stoic silence of our people in government while we are being marginalized is deafening. sad
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, everything you said is spot on.
However I am not willing to let off our people in government so easily.
Do you know my happiness? It is that for the first times since a very long time, we actually have our people in government, and in strategic positions. It has never happened this way before. So, if they are not doing anything to better the lot of Igboland, then, my brother I am really afraid that we may NEVER be able to leave Nigeria, because these local thieves will always sell us cheap.
My next happiness is that we have the power to agitate ourselves thoroughly between now and 2015 when they will come again to ask for our votes. Not that they ever used the votes, but next time, it would be very dicey for them to try even rigging.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
ndu_chucks: I will be back with my own input shortly. It is possible to develop ala Igbo without government handouts. 60% of the handouts are stolen by the governors and their agents anyway.

In the meantime enjoy the interesting thoughts below, of a wise Igboman resident in Kano:

Mai gida, e be like say your senses don return.
Well, at least you are spot on with the bolded. wink
You would at least acknowledge that I have been saying the exact same things about how to develop Igboland.
My bitter hatred for PDP is because that party creates a false sense of entitlements and deviates otherwise hardworking folks from engaging in things that empower them.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
Our emancipation will begin the very day we kick PDP to the curb.
I wonder who would debate the fact that the two APGA governors in SE are the best governors there.
They are really thinking about EVERY of our problems.
Our PDP big men are only kissing assses and have ZERO projects to show for them.
At least our APGA governors have things to show.
Our PDP people have NOTHING to show us. And BTW they all live in Abuja. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

: Nigerian Student, John Amechi Eze, 23, To Be Hanged In Malaysia For Drug Traff / The Newly Appointed ADC To President Muhammadu Buhari (picture) / Why Does Zahra Buhari Have A British & Nigerian Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.