Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Kia Owners Forum - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Owners Forum (26545 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / BMW Owners' Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kia Owners Forum by ojmaroni247(m): 1:11am On Jun 07, 2012
De way pple bad mouth kia is surprising,I've used all types of kia models, dey r all different in their own ways,..but dey r reliable,..dis is de truth. I once used a kia picanto it is very fragile and once ur above 100speed u will notice it,but it is de most economical kia product even more dan de volkswagen golf,..I used a 2007 kia rio too,..its 1 of the best kia saloon car ever manufactured,..nice balance,very economical,sleek sport design,nice cruise control and de a/c is mortuary standard(de best no matter de heat) not so expensive to maintain,...for the kia 2008 sportage jeep,.it always will give a shaft problem after about a year use which is factory error,once replaced ur gud to go...its more economical dan de toyota highlander cuz it cums in V4 while de highlander is V6,..u won't knw cuz de sportage cums wit double exhause pipes(its not a V6,it jst makes loud noise wen u move),..kia aint bad infact dey r very relaible,

Kia aint bad at all,..they ar nice cars try dem

3 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by onyxo76(m): 8:32am On Jun 07, 2012
i use a 2008 hyundai elantra model, lovely car to drive , low fuel consumption and cheap maintainability. saw the interior of the 2011 model and i felt like buying it almost on impulse. Give a few more years i think they'll overtake japanesse cars with regards to sales.

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Henley96: 8:39am On Jun 07, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]very nice!
Re: Kia Owners Forum by ojmaroni247(m): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2012
Well spoken @onyxo,..the kia and hayundai brands r cumin up fast...
onyxo76: i use a 2008 hyundai elantra model, lovely car to drive , low fuel consumption and cheap maintainability. saw the interior of the 2011 model and i felt like buying it almost on impulse. Give a few more years i think they'll overtake japanesse cars with regards to sales.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by ojmaroni247(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2012
My broda man if u wana buy a kia sorento jeep den buy it,..I can assure u its a gud ride,..wat  dnt knw is dat de sorento is higher dan de sportage and cums wit high quality parts and interior,...its always more expensive if bought brand new,...the kia sorento 2006 is more expensive dan the sportage 2008
wealth123: tell me about Kia Sorento please if u know cos am planning to buy a fairly used one
shocked
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Faithnn: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2012
One thing i can say here is that Kia spare parts are not easily source compare to other cars.Imagine where u have to change a faulty parts of ur car on getting to the mkt u find it very difficult to procure.Those using the ride say sometimes they buy the parts very costly.What the manufacture of kia should to do is to ensure that they have accredited dealers in all major towns in the country.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by ojmaroni247(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
grin
Re: Kia Owners Forum by ojmaroni247(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2012
shocked
Re: Kia Owners Forum by stereotype: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2012
I bought my Kia rio in december 2006. i was amongst the 1st set of people that bought the model when it just came out. 6 years on, i'm still loving it. So impressed that i've been to kia motors for the latest version, but the automatic comes out in july. only the manual drive is available now. just as it was in 2006, the manual drives are first shipped in before the automatic
Re: Kia Owners Forum by ojmaroni247(m): 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Well said @ stereotype grin
stereotype: I bought my Kia rio in december 2006. i was amongst the 1st set of people that bought the model when it just came out. 6 years on, i'm still loving it. So impressed that i've been to kia motors for the latest version, but the automatic comes out in july. only the manual drive is available now. just as it was in 2006, the manual drives are first shipped in before the automatic
Re: Kia Owners Forum by jpphilips(m): 8:53am On Jun 15, 2012
omodapson:

So na Dana dey manufacture those moto. People will not stop amazing me.

DANA did not manufacture the cars but their unscrupulous business attitude wont stop them from importing the substandard version. have you placed the DANA KIA Brands in Tandem with their American and Korea for UK versions?
Re: Kia Owners Forum by diehard(m): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2012
Kia is a good brand, but not the same Kia sold by DANA motor. Its not acceptable for 2012 Kia Rio not to have air bag, but the same Kia Rio imported from US or Europe all have air bags. The suspension system is so compromise just to make profit. I can buy a Kia but certainly not from DANA
Re: Kia Owners Forum by jpphilips(m): 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
diehard: Kia is a good brand, but not the same Kia sold by DANA motor. Its not acceptable for 2012 Kia Rio not to have air bag, but the same Kia Rio imported from US or Europe all have air bags. The suspension system is so compromise just to make profit. I can buy a Kia but certainly not from DANA

Now you are speaking, most Nigerian money bags have failed to realize the difference between "KIA motors" and "DANA KIA". i will use a KIA product any day anytime but i cant use "DANA KIA" even in my dreams
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
Dana kia sucks....we just got a 2010 kia rio that's got the interior of a 2008...everything looks weird for a 2010...it's got no airbags undecided

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by godssonibk: 11:56am On Jul 02, 2012
Please i urgently need a gear for 2004 Kia sorento....Anyone that can help me and how much is the cost....Needed urgently pls.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by HUNKYDONT(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2012
Hi House, Anybody got a Good Mechanic for the Elantra 2008? Need to check with the diagnostics tool.
Thanks
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kia and Hyundai have improved over the years, but they're still pretty sub-standard by modern standards. I worked for two Kia dealerships in the UK, so got to know a fair bit about them. Reliability is average, especially on post 2009 models. Still quite crude though, with CANBUS only starting to appear in the 2011 Kia Sportage, 2012 Kia Optima and 2011 Kia Sorento.

They look good, the 2011 Sportage was designed by Peter Schreyer, who was the designer of the first generation Audi TT (cue the LED day-running lamps).

Items of major concern (based upon what we've replaced under warranty between 2005 - 2012):

001) Kia Ceed ('07 - '10) Manual transmission. Internal selector fault, causing difficulty in shifts.
002) Kia Rio ('07 - '10) As above.
003) Kia Sedona / carnival ('06 - '11) Oil pump and balancer shaft drive gear failure (2,9 CRDi only). Failure destroys the engine and turbo.
004) Kia Rio ('11>wink Airbag fault, incorrectly wired control unit.
005) Kia Sorrento ('10>wink premature camshaft lobe wear, causing top-end knock. (2,2 CRDi only).
006) Kia Picanto ('05 - '11) Crankshaft pulley failure, modified version available from Kia. failure can damage the crank nose, requiring engine rebuild.
007) Kia Venga ('09 - '12) Window channel guide failure, causing window to jam in use, and get stuck open. (front windows only).
008) Kia Picanto ('07 - '11) Fuel gauge sender unit failure, causing erratic / false readings.
009) Kia Cee'd ('07 - '11) Aircon condenser failure, lower fins detach, causing R134-A gas to be lost.
010) Kia (all models from '08>wink Front seat reclining / sliding mechanism failure.
011) Kia Soul ('09 - '12) Rear seat base locking catch failure, seat base will not lock down.
012) Kia Cee'd ('07 - '11) Earth strap failure, causing flickering aircon panel, dash and radio displays. (Earth strap behind driver's headlamp).
013) Kia (various models '07 - '11) Faulty audio unit - may reject CD's, and fail to switch off (logic fault).
014) Kia Carens ('02 - '06) Exterior door handle failure. They break inside, and will no longer operate the latches.
015) Kia Sorento ('02 - '09) Injector seal failure (2,5L diesel only).
016) Kia Sedona / Carnival ('98 - '05) Injector seal failure (2,9L diesel only).
017) Kia Sedona / Carnival ('06 - '11) Injector seal failure (2,9 CRDi only).
018) Kia Sedona / Carnival ('98 - '05) Cylinder gasket failure (2,5 ROVER KV6 only).
019) Kia Carens / Rondo ('06 - '11) Rear chassis and subframe corrosion. Rust prevention is carried out prior to corrosion setting in.
020) Kia Sportage ('04 - '10) Front lower suspension control arm failure. Bonded rubber bush breaks, and seperates from steel arm.
021) Kia (various models '98>wink Front anti-roll bar link failure, worn joints cause knocking when driving slowly over uneven surfaces.

These are just a few of the trouble areas. Most of these are warranty issues, not sure how that works in Nigeria though. Current models have a 7-year warranty, which is a great incentive to buy, especially if you don't keep your car for more than 4 years. Again, not sure if this applies to Nigeria.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by thegame(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
Abeg go for non-accidented toyota jare if you want peace of mind. Kia and hyundai are not up to †ђξ standards of toyota, just like toyota and hondas are not up to the standards of volks n other germans.
I made a choice a year ago to either buy a brand new picanto or tokunbo camry 2.2 biglyt. I'm not regretting it today cos a kia would have packed up.
Just my 2cents tho. A kia or hyundai? Nananana. Maybe as a gift sha. Who knows? I won't say no cry
Re: Kia Owners Forum by PatriQ: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hi Guys,

i own a lovely KIA Cerato 2007 model EX that has had no major problems. Recently i changed the ATF not that i was having any issues, but just to tune the car up, and the car hasn't been the same. The transmission has been in bad shape. I checked online and the only recommended ATF for KIA is SP III and for some reason i cannot locate any. Even the KIA shop in PH does not have that particular spec.
Please, is there an alternative to the SP III specifications// any recommendation?? or is there anywhere i can get the SP II in Nigeria??
I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Denn(m): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
kia rio 2012....economical for lagos city traffic....

key driving point.....the vehicle does not like to be hurried and acts like a lady applying make up.....easy on the throttle at start ups then she comes to orgasm from 80km/h.

1.4L engine too small though....my first 1 point anything engine (i have always pushed 6 cylinders minimum and once pushed a V Boot E430 V8)

AC was designed by eskimos.

large boot....can contain almost all your shopping....all!

comes with a triptronic gear lever and the fun of 'auto-manual' driving in a budget kia.

am saving for the Optima...

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by nicekrissy(f): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2012
Apparently, just a while ago, Hyundai and Kia were found having made a bold-faced lie about fuel mileage. Suits were filed and numerous people who had bought Hyundai automobiles or Kia automobiles based on gas mileage claims were obviously not amused. A Kia and Hyundai reimbursement program was launched to pay owners for the main difference from the gas mileage they would get based on the claims, which reportedly is going over well. You can also check out this site here to determine how to get a loan for a car that works for you.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Denn(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
PatriQ: Hi Guys,

i own a lovely KIA Cerato 2007 model EX that has had no major problems. Recently i changed the ATF not that i was having any issues, but just to tune the car up, and the car hasn't been the same. The transmission has been in bad shape. I checked online and the only recommended ATF for KIA is SP III and for some reason i cannot locate any. Even the KIA shop in PH does not have that particular spec.
Please, is there an alternative to the SP III specifications// any recommendation?? or is there anywhere i can get the SP II in Nigeria??
Thanks guys

how and where did you change the ATF?
Re: Kia Owners Forum by nissparts(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2012

Thanks guys

I've got the ATF.
Send me a PM
Re: Kia Owners Forum by skullzrep(m): 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
Please Does Anyone Have An Idea Ao Much A Kia Picanto's Engine Costs&Possibly A Recommendable Kia Mechanical Engineer In Lagos!
Re: Kia Owners Forum by skullzrep(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
Please Does Anyone Have An Idea Ao Much A Kia Picanto's Engine Costs&Possibly A Recommendable Kia Mechanical Engineer In Lagos!!!!!
Re: Kia Owners Forum by unforgiven: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
I have used a hyundai getz and a kia picanto. The fuel economy is superb cos if i buy fuel on monday the next time I should be buying fuel is on friday. But when it comes to servicing and buying of parts, it can break ur bank.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by erico2k2(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
wealth123: tell me about Kia Sorento please if u know cos am planning to buy a fairly used one
Guy stay away from that car, if you value ur pocket
Re: Kia Owners Forum by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
skullzrep: Please Does Anyone Have An Idea Ao Much A Kia Picanto's Engine Costs&Possibly A Recommendable Kia Mechanical Engineer In Lagos!!!!!
Thats where the Kia storey get sour,very hard to maintain.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by erico2k2(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2014

Thanks guys
Thats the problem of KIA, in the Uk, You have to go to KIA to fix ur car,no one else does.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Impose New Taxi Rules To Clamp Down On Services Like Uber / How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners / This 202-mph Audi RS7 Sportback From Addamor Is The World’s Fastest Armoured Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.