Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria (17820 Views)

I Need Suggestions In Holiday Resorts In Western Part Of Nigeria / Suggestions Of Affordable Beach Resorts In Cotonou Benin / Beach Resorts In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
^^^ That would be nice, but i am not sure if i wanna go on those cable cars in Nigeria oh . . . Lol.
Looking forward to the pix
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
Fhemmmy: ^^^ That would be nice, but i am not sure if i wanna go on those cable cars in Nigeria oh . . . Lol.
Looking forward to the pix

My brother said his heart nearly fell out of his body when he and his wife went on that cable car not that it was faulty o, but the sheer height at which it operated. Won't miss it when I go sha!

Also concerning price of rooms, the government rooms cost about 19k/night I think, but there these privately-owned rooms that go for 5k inside the ranch too. Thats the much I know about obudu.

I think we could do with some more details on prices for obudu especially the side attractions, food etc
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by hassey(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
I need sumbdy to pls giv me full details abt obudu cattle ranch. Cus am planing dere 4 my honey moon.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by toyeoye(m): 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
i.i.t.a in ibadan is so cool. Not really a resort cos its a research institute buh u cld get to lodge at d i.house fr abt 10k 2yrs bak tho.
Great atmosphere.clean and tht posh smell in d air everywhere
cheap food nd drinks..variety my guy local and internatnal.my brand na 160 chillin
golf course,tennis,squash,fishin sef cos they got a man made dam and u cld go fishn nd or have it grilled
i swear i stil cant wait to go thr
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by double08(m): 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
la wa o! people they flex for naija o after una go say the country hard. McCathy beach and resort dey near me here for abraka. grin

1 Like

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2012
Piyke:

My brother said his heart nearly fell out of his body when he and his wife went on that cable car not that it was faulty o, but the sheer height at which it operated. Won't miss it when I go sha!

Also concerning price of rooms, the government rooms cost about 19k/night I think, but there these privately-owned rooms that go for 5k inside the ranch too. Thats the much I know about obudu.

I think we could do with some more details on prices for obudu especially the side attractions, food etc

I dont know what will make me to go on such in Nigeria . . . A nation where anything could happen and where maintenance is not a thing they are used to.
I will stand on ground and watch and wish them well . . .
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 23, 2012
Jeez! The hotel buildings look like penitentiary. Sorry! I don't like the place. And, it doesn't look like heaven in anyway!

Why is it that we Nigerians can just do something wow?!
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by dakronik(m): 7:28am On Jun 23, 2012
Obudu ranch resort is definately no1.. I count maself lucky to be posted to obudu L.G.A fr ma NYSC in 2009. But if ur low on cash u can try Obudu Lake resort, Along Ogoja road.. Nice and friendly with boat cruise on the lake..
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Beowulf(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2012
There are a lot of nice getaways in Nigeria but the awareness isn't there. A cousin of mine sent me flyers of many when she and her husband went to one of those. I would have posted pictures and names of the places but since this is weekend, I don't have access to my work PC where the info is. Will post the info on monday though. They are actually a number of tourism agencies around now. As per Whispering Pine, the place has undergone a massive upgrade o but the rooms are so expensive now. The cheapest is like 20k per night.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by politician(m): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2012
I think this is a great thread!
I have been to a lot of tourist sites and attractions in the south of the niger! Micom, erin ijesha water fall, ikogosi, the various beaches and resorts in lagos, olumo. In ogun etc!
I have been to calabar on four diffrent trips, the metropolitan hotel is really sumthimg to behold, the slave relics museum will bring back memories of the slave era and the TINAPA resort is worthy of a visit!!

Lemme give an insight into a trip to CROSS RIVER!!
You can start the trip by visiting calabar first via flight, hire a cab to take you round the town! There are many hotels in calabar as the name Come And Live And Be At Rest really shows in the town!
There are 4-star hotels like the metropolitan and sum other hotels in the GRA sides! A room would go for 20k per nite! You can settle for a low budget flat styled hotels in the GRA which goes for like 6K! Very comfy!!
Places of interest.... Tinapa biz resort, Mariner Resort( you can take a boat from Tinapa to mariner resort, I did and it was fun!)
And the town itself! Mary slessor tomb etc!
Pls don't forget to ask for a traditional barbecue of grilled fish with pepper!!

Then you can move to OBUDU cattle ranch!
From calabar to ikom to obudu( such a nice journey if you appreciate geography and wildlife) it takes like 5hrs!

Or a flight to bebi airstrip, very close to the ranch!
You will be welcome by the gate with a cattle head! And the cable car ride which is 4'KM long!
The cable car is maintained by a private company and not govt, it is really an experience as it can really go high and the Change over between the ridges can give you heart attack! The cable car will jerk and you will think this thing will fall Oo°˚˚˚°Oo! ! But once you are on the welcome patio of the ranch, you will always want a return ride! Its really fun as the road ride is not less risky! The devil's bow is really scary!

The Protea hotel is really comfy and Behind! They have standard room and really nice bar with nice artifacts! There is half a bull strapped to the wall! Very beautiful! The hotel rates are aS applicable to protea hotels in nigeria!
There is a village on the mountain and the villagers sell cheap alcohol and cattle beef! I always settle for that cuz protea can be expensive! A bottle of star for 600 naira!
They also provide bungalow room with AC for 5K per nite!
There is a waterfall where you and your hubby should try and take a dip! Not in the morning as you can freeze!
The view of the mountains is something to behold, the cloud appears just to be above head early in the morning and a wonderful view of southern cameroun!!

I would post pictures once I have access to M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ PC! Just feel free to ask me any question on CALABAR and OBUDU as I have been there four times and do organize trips during M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ university days.
Some parts of this country are worth visiting!
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by politician(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2012
hassey: I need sumbdy to pls giv me full details abt obudu cattle ranch. Cus am planing dere 4 my honey moon.

Pls read M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ last post and the ask for specifics! I would be glad to help with information!
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by greedie1(f): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
Interesting...
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2012
Calabar is the right place to be! Try marina resort/tinapa business resort/obudu cattle ranch! Cool places!
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by decrox199(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
V bn τ̅☺ many resort centres.....calabar proved τ̅☺.be D̶̲̥̅̊ best

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
decrox199: V bn τ̅☺ many resort centres.....calabar proved τ̅☺.be D̶̲̥̅̊ best

Give us reason, tell us what is there and what we could enjoy and the cost as well . . . .Give us reasons to wanna go there.

2 Likes

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Pozzy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hope the pictures thats rolling in from tomorrow.. For we interested.. thanks to who it concerns
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Osama10(m): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2012
wink
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
Waiting for more information on this thread . . .
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
Fhemmmy: Waiting for more information on this thread . . .
me 3. Info is power. would have spent about 450k for honeymoon had i not diverted to miccom golf. Waiting patiently...
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by DisGuy: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
na so pictures come scarce for naija attraction so? if its your London/Yankee holidays na, una go don bombard us with efrytin
these thread would be in the 20s by now

1 Like

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
Piyke:
me 3. Info is power. would have spent about 450k for honeymoon had i not diverted to miccom golf. Waiting patiently...

I will surely love to visit that place next time i am in Nigeria . . .
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 11:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
Dis Guy:
na so pictures come scarce for naija attraction so? if its your London/Yankee holidays na, una go don bombard us with efrytin
these thread would be in the 20s by now

Lol . . .
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by tobex23(m): 1:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
Av been there about four times.......a really good and lovely place to be!
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
I managed to find a few pics of obudu on the web. Men! i definitely have to visit this place!
For some reason i'm not able to paste them here but visit http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150414761664263&set=a.10150414756074263.369828.363111729262&type=1&theater to see them all!
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by eddyhaze(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ politician pls could u give me a ruff estimate on the cost for a 3 days vacation? I wuld be really glad. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Crocodiles On Display In Lagos / Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada / Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.