Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Drogba: I Will Quit International Football After 2014 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba: I Will Quit International Football After 2014 World Cup (647 Views)

Precious Dede Retires From Football After 15 Years / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drogba: I Will Quit International Football After 2014 World Cup by jookco(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
After winning the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea last month, Cote d’Ivoire captain Didier Drogba says he is accomplishing his last international assignments with the Elephants and will say goodbye to the outfit after the 2014 World Cup.

At a press conference in Abidjan on Thursday ahead of the qualifier against Tanzania, Drogba said he would do his best to help the team reach the Brazil 2014 and leave a memorable legacy because it will be the last time local fans will see him in the Ivorian jersey.

“I’m certainly living my last days with the national team, and the match against Tanzania on Saturday will be one of my last games here at the Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium,” Drogba said.

“However, I’ll do my best to leave something memorable for fans, and after the 2014 Fifa World Cup, I think I’ll be quitting international football for good.”

The 34-year-old striker also revisited their failure to win the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, which Zambia scraped on penalties.

“It’s true winning the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea brought much joy to Ivorian fans, but it cannot blot out the nightmare of February 12 in Libreville (Gabon), the day we bitterly lost the 2012 Afcon to Zambia. It is still very fresh and hurting. We hope to make up for it in the upcoming edition,” he added.

www.africagist.com
Re: Drogba: I Will Quit International Football After 2014 World Cup by StarrMatthieu: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Prepare Millions For Nigeria's Victor Moses / 7 Reasons Why U Shld Join Leggout / Appreciate Team Nigeria At The Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.