Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? (3738 Views)

How To Politely Ask For Sex without sounding rude or funny / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by boron10(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2012

I seriously need someone to tell me what to do. A female friend of mine gave me the number of her secondary school friend to call, that she needs a boyfriend, she told me the girl is cute, even more beautiful than herself. Knowing how cute this my friend is, i began to envision how a cuter girl would be, so i happily collected the number and started calling this supposed damsel.
After a couple of phone chat with this miss charming, i invited her to my place in lagos only for her to turn out to be a very short (almost the size of a midget) though a bit pretty gal. I had to conceal my displeasure cos i so much detest making someone feel bad. However,i don't think i can date her, having promised her on phone that i would not break her heart. Don't know what led me to making promises to a gal i hadn't seen. Now she is on my neck, i apparently can't date her. Pls nairalanders, i really need to know the best way to let her know I'm no longer interested in the relationship without causing her pain
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Onegai(f): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2012
"Hi, short gal. How are you. Just wanna say you're pretty and awesome, but I'm not attracted to you. I see you like a sister, and that is NOT going to change. I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore, but if you ever feel like talking, please call. I can't wait for you to meet my gf, you remind me of her in some ways. Thanks"

Borrow one cousin/friend/classmate from somewhere to act as gf for a while. The line about her resembling your gf will work wonders, as no-one likes being compared.
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Mynd44: 9:17am On Jun 03, 2012
Well you got yourself into this mess dude.
Unfortunately, the only way to get yourself is to break your promise. Call her up and tell her in explicit terms that after meeting in person you don't see yourself building a future with her.
But dude if her looks is the only problem, you might want to know her personality first.
Just my opinion anyway
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Galads(m): 9:35am On Jun 03, 2012
Stop the calling,most times don't pick her call, change your altitude towards her but am not saying be bad o. Just don't give her any attention like before...if she get sense in 2weeks she would know your not interested and she go find her square root..shekenah!!!
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by boron10(m): 11:45am On Jun 03, 2012
Onegai: "Hi, short gal. How are you. Just wanna say you're pretty and awesome, but I'm not attracted to you. I see you like a sister, and that is NOT going to change. I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore, but if you ever feel like talking, please call. I can't wait for you to meet my gf, you remind me of her in some ways. Thanks"

Borrow one cousin/friend/classmate from somewhere to act as gf for a while. The line about her resembling your gf will work wonders, as no-one likes being compared.
Lolz, you don't get, I've already told her on phone that i would love her to be my girlfriend b4 meeting her in person.
Mynd_44: Well you got yourself into this mess dude.
Unfortunately, the only way to get yourself is to break your promise. Call her up and tell her in explicit terms that after meeting in person you don't see yourself building a future with her.
But dude if her looks is the only problem, you might want to know her personality first.
Just my opinion anyway
Agreed, i got myself into this, but i don't have the gut to tell her I'm no longer interested, it's going to weaken her self confidence.
Galads: Stop the calling,most times don't pick her call, change your altitude towards her but am not saying be bad o. Just don't give her any attention like before...if she get sense in 2weeks she would know your not interested and she go find her square root..shekenah!!!
Thnks bros, i'll try
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 03, 2012
Just let her know you're not interested and be honest.
I'm sure there would be someone else out there who
would love + accept her just the way she is.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by tellwisdom: 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
Bro, tell her you are a ritualist. She no go near ur street, let alone your doormot undecided undecided.

But try and YANSH her wink wink
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Mynd44: 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
And remember that the sooner you tell her, the better for the both of you
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by moore0501: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
jus say ur ex is getting back together w/ u and also tell her that u didnt know she wanted u 4 a boyfriend instead of 4 jus a friend wink
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by slimyem: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
just withdraw!
No more calls and messages and all..
She should get the message afterwards.
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
how can you promise to be someone's boyfriend on a phone even without seeing her. who does that?
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by slimyem: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
joeydozzy: how can you promise to be someone's boyfriend on a phone even without seeing her. who does that?
i tire my brother...even so for the girl who believed it!!
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Mynd44: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
joeydozzy: how can you promise to be someone's boyfriend on a phone even without seeing her. who does that?
slimyem: i tire my brother...even so for the girl who believed it!!
The both of them are desperate
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by boron10(m): 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
tellwisdom: Bro, tell her you are a ritualist. She no go near ur street, let alone your doormot undecided undecided.

But try and YANSH her wink wink
Lwkmd ritualist ke, well, I'm not interested in yanshing her, i only kissed her in order not to arouse suspicion about the way i feel about her.
I did cos i felt she was as cute as her friend. And i never knew her height could turn me off.
slimyem: just withdraw!
No more calls and messages and all..
She should get the message afterwards.
If i refuse to call her for a day, sje will scatter my phone with calls
Yield: Just let her know you're not interested and be honest.
I'm sure there would be someone else out there who
would love + accept her just the way she is.
I'll need to gather courage niyen.
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
In such a situation being honest is the best route to go.
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by beylinko(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
Guy,na wa o! Na only God know how u use ur sugarcoated mouth talk 2 dis girl. I cnt imagine dos swt words u used on her wit dat bedroom voice,haba!
Anyway,Since u guys r nt stayin in d same place,tel her u tot abt long distance relationship n u dnt tink u can cope wit it. Dat it is wil be unfair if u kip pretendin. Tell her she is a swt,beautiful girl(make her head swell) dat many men wil luv 2 hv her as der girl. Dat y blockin der way wen u r nt there wit her n that u cherish ur friendship. Jst tel her stuffz. But mind u,dnt tel her nw or else she wil knw d story is all abt her appearance.
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Konnektions146(m): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
i just hope u guys neva do intimate things?
cos ladies undastand it as (yu got wat yu wanted and now u re running)
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Mynd44: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
kiss
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by albacete(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2012
boron10:
Lolz, you don't get, I've already told her on
phone that i would love her to be my
girlfriend b4 meeting her in person.
[size=14pt]

I sense desperation and naivety here. Just

go and pay for the goods you've ordered.
[/size]
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by agb2011(f): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
andromida: In such a situation being honest is the best route to go.
i totally agree wt u. But op, if u can't try d above, u can call her bestfriend (who introduced u to her in d first) &explain how u feel 2her. She got u into d mess, she shud b able 2get u out. Mind u, tel d truth about how u feel
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Mynd44: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
agb2011:
i totally agree wt u. But op, if u can't try d above, u can call her bestfriend (who introduced u to her in d first) &explain how u feel 2her. She got u into d mess, she shud b able 2get u out. Mind u, tel d truth about how u feel
Actually, he got himself into this. He was the one who was making dumb promises.
Remember she did not mention height and the OP confirmed that the girl is pretty
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Youngpo413: 11:50am On Oct 01, 2014
agb2011:

why do the caged bird sing?
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Simply let her know that you don't think the relationship will work. Look for a reason like distance or age or something that won't make her feel bad about herself or you can ask the third party to help you out. All the same, you should be careful about making promises you can't keep. Most ladies respect and hold you to your word when they're attracted to you.
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by jaz(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
#smiling#

just preach the gospel by Paul to her.

worked for many years now
Re: How Do I Politely Tell Her Im Not Interested? by XaintJoel20: 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
jaz:
#smiling#
just preach the gospel by Paul to her.
worked for many years now
Please what I that Gospel? I did it like oxygen now.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Mature Lady Survive Without Attention From Guys? / Her 1st Time Doing It / 7 Ways To Get A Woman Without Spending Much Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.