Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter (833 Views)

GEJ Says The #bringbackgoodluck2015 Banners Should Be Brought Down / Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming / Wole Soyinka Opposes UNILAG/MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter by ikee(m): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Abuja - As fallout from President GEJ's unilateral renaming of the University of Lagos continues, government officials are beginning to distance themselves from the President's latest faux pass.

Latest to absolve himself of blame is the president's own speechwriter who further lamented that his boss never sticks to the lines prepared for him.

According to him, “It is as if the man gets carried away anytime he sees a microphone.”

The speechwriter, who was once a respected journalist, secretly revealed to our reporter that even the vice president and members of the cabinet were shocked when President Jonathan ended his democracy day speech by renaming the university previously known as UNILAG, MAULAG.

Said he: "As I'm speaking to you now, some people in his (the President's) party have even been asking 'does this man know the constitution?'"

To prove that he, the speechwriter, indeed had no knowledge of the arbitrary, military-style renaming of University of Lagos, the man said "I am an educated man. If I was asked to write about MKO, I would never in my life have referred to him as 'presumed-winner' of June 12 election. In fact, when I think about it that is the one that baffles me the most about what he (GEJ) said; I mean, how can you say you are honoring someone and in the same voice deny the thing you claim to be honoring them for?"

-Jowo Mabinu
Re: Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter by werepeLeri: 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
senseless. Who are you fooling?

Jowo Mabinu - which kind name be dat.
Re: Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 04, 2012
Jowo Mabinu=Please don't be annoyed grin
It must be a WAZOBIA report!
Re: Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter by velo10: 7:59am On Jun 04, 2012
source of the news please...

(1) (Reply)

Nnorom Warns All Nigerian To Stop Flying Air Nigeria, Blame Jimoh Ibrahim / The Trillion Naira President Who Doesn’t Give A Damn / Ogun Population Will Explode In 2013- Says NPC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.