Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio (18172 Views)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Gov. Akpabio Begs: Sends Prince Akapbio To Lagos With $.5bn To Beg Tinubu.. / I Warned Nigeria Of Dana Plane Crash Through Tribune Newspaper! - TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by jmaine: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2012
IT emerged last night that the management of Dana Air which operated the aircraft that crashed over Lagos, yesterday, was warned by Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State over the operational service of its airplanes.

Reacting to the air crash the governor urged regulatory agencies to ensure that airline operators adhered strictly to global aviation operational standards.

Speaking through his Commissioner for Information, Mr. Aniekan Umanah, Governor Akpabio recounted that he had, in a recent telephone chat cautioned the Managing Director of Dana Airlines to ensure that its aircraft were air worthy so as not to endanger the lives of Nigerians.

This warning was on the heels of an averted air disaster involving Dana aircraft enroute Lagos from Uyo which had technical problems that forced the aircraft to hover for hours before finally making it back to Lagos where it managed to land.

The Governor who called on airline operators in the country not to experiment with people’s lives maintained that similar situations had caused serial air disasters in the past thereby resulting in massive loss of lives and the extinction of some affected airlines in the country. Akpabio expressed condolences to the families of the deceased and prayed for the repose of their souls.

i-warned-dana-air-md-akpabio

1 Like

Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by inspirenet: 10:59am On Jun 04, 2012
Seriously
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by jamp: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2012
Na who we go ask

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Brite02(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2012
medicine after death
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Finland(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2012
I expect to have heard of several arrests and detentions by now..but NONE! so sad cry
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Ibadiarann(m): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2012
jmaine:

i-warned-dana-air-md-akpabio

STORY!!!!!!!
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 04, 2012
My friend working with IADC in Uyo was a witness to that averted trouble from Dana, it was stress, tension and panic for an aircraft to hover mid air over 45min..you need prayers! The airport was held to a stand still....

Reason: the tires wouldn't drop out for landing, to further increase the drama aviation fuel was to take the jet for just 50mins......Dana and their 25k flight!
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by mkmyers45(m): 11:47am On Jun 04, 2012
This is the lamest thing i've ever heard from a federal official....he warned and then did nothing like seriously undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2012
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by dabrake(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2012
new way to cross a nigerian road : look left, look right, look left, look up, look right, then keep looking up till you are through.
when taking a walk in 9ja, keep a mirror perpendicular to your face near your nose. as you walk, you look at the mirror. the mirror is to help you view objects in the sky without you looking up

signed
NEMA

19 Likes

Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by merije1010(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2012
U warn n u no tak action,e don hapun na story.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by iammodel(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2012
Speechless!
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Lilspicer(f): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2012
Mr.akpabio or wateva dat one you dey yan na story u wan use thato ne deceive who abeg go slip for gutter.
so make we hail u or giv u chieftency title.all i was waiting to hear is arrest and court all dis govment people oneday na oneday www .twitter .com/lilspicer
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by naptu2: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2012
They keep warning, but no one gets prosecuted. Two more "warnings" in the thread below

A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito
https://www.nairaland.com/954799/disaster-forewarned-m-looking-cousin
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by gbogboti: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2012
This country self. I don tire for una mata o
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by yorke1: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2012
Is too late now Mr Gov
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by naptu2: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
tchaik: SOMEBODY PINGED ME THIS BROADCAST:

A survivors story
PWOJ: I was on this same dana plane 23 may. It was delayed from take off from mm2, I saw the Philippine mechanics with buckets draining out hydraulic fluid under the left side under carriage tyre mechanism, a part was taken out but not replaced, yet we were told to board. I told the flight supervisor my name that am an aerospace sys engr and am concerned at the operational state of the plane, the guy told me to see the pilot, I did, he was a Caribbean decent capt & nw zealand asian looking co pilot, he confirmed work was done and asked how I knew, I said I saw it from d windows of the airport and the part was not replaced that I aslo saw the mechanics Philippine & indian guys under the plane, he told me don't worry if its not ok we won't fly. I pinged my family and friends of wot I saw and the names of the people I spoke to. Should anything happen as well as asking that the plane is taken off but am just a simple powerless passenger. We landed and the pilot waited at d door to shake me as to say I told u. Sadly this plane wasn't taken off service to sort out the hydraulic leak or landing gear problem because it was still making money for indians in Dana, now Dana plane has killed my friend Ehime, levy & ijeamaka & 150 others. All because they refused a simple precaution advice over their financial wants. My story can be checked from dana airline/mm2 logs. May God burn you all in Dana.
PLS Send this to mr president governors senators reps nigerians &even to people selling Dana products anywhere before its covered up

1 Like

Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Exponental(m): 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
If this is true........formal or informal, someone needs to be punished. If an indian can toy with nigerians lives in nigeria, then, we need a scapegoat for other foreigners both in d aviation industry n others. Also, we need 2 punish violators of safety standards.
Nigerians need 2 wake up.

Lawmakers shld rise up, then dont av 2 wait 2 honor a colleague of theirs.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
what a shame.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
mkmyers45: This is the lamest thing i've ever heard from a federal official....he warned and then did nothing like seriously undecided undecided undecided
What was he supposed to do, ban them?
He is the governor of a state not an a regulation official! He must have passed his concerns to the aviation officials who probably ignored it.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by grafikii: 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
Very careless statement Mr governor
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by mkmyers45(m): 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
careytommy:
What was he supposed to do, ban them?
He is the governor of a state not an a regulation official! He must have passed his concerns to the aviation officials who probably ignored it.

from the report it seems he said nothing to the authorities but just gave the operators a casual warning.... angry angry angry
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Butoneday2(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2012
U pple are here talking abi una neva here say fight dey go on now at Yaba, btw Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. Now anoda fight in ''Onitsha'' Anambra state btw Obosi and Neghbouring town. What is happening in Nigeria. Is dis anoda Civil war am asking.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by stanogb(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2012
[size=14pt]Assuming there was no crash, would this Governor open his useless mouth to make such statement...This is medicine after death...I don't know who is fooling who...[/size] angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by zangiff(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
an act of carelessness frm the airline management
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by calabaman(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2012
and they clearly didnt listen. Hope they pay heavily for this! Not just in money, but with their lives too!
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by meetgaya: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
The MD should be arrested and DANA be banned for ever
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by Butoneday2(m): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
But_one_day: U pple are here talking abi una neva here say fight dey go on now at Yaba, btw Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. Now anoda fight in ''Onitsha'' Anambra state btw Obosi and Neghbouring town. What is happening in Nigeria. Is dis anoda Civil war am asking.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by ebamma(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
abeg the dana air md na igbo.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by lioncoolst(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
dabrake: new way to cross a nigerian road : look left, look right, look left, look up, look right, then keep looking up till you are through.
when taking a walk in 9ja, keep a mirror perpendicular to your face near your nose. as you walk, you look at the mirror. the mirror is to help you view objects in the sky without you looking up

signed
NEMA
Also pray while you watch; watch and pray.
Re: I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio by 1forall: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
Idiotic Governor who did nothing but talked to the MD on the phone, hey Mr Governor, the right thing to do was to have warned the appropriate authorities, not the company.

What was this brainless governor trying to achieve by saying this? He obviously doesnt know that he is exposing his incompetence as a leader or else he would have kept quiet instead of trying to appear righteous by saying 'I told them!'.

Don't understand how we ended up with so many inept individuals in positions of power.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Python Dance, Crocodile Smile, Not The Solution To Agitations - Ijaw Youths. / PDP Blasts Jega: You Contributed In Bringing This ‘Failed’ APC Government' / Landlord Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling Two Daughters Of Tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.