Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Do Human Clones Have Souls? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Human Clones Have Souls? (12747 Views)

So, When Will Computers Have Souls? / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2012
Cloning a human being is no longer a science fiction fantasy. It is a reality.
Some scientists already claim to have cloned people. The techniques are well know and most animals from dog to cow to sheep to worms have already been cloned succesfully.

The question is, will the cloned human have its own soul or will it share the soul of the "parent"?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by ijawkid(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2012
Logic Mind: Cloning a human being is no longer a science fiction fantasy. It is a reality.
Some scientists already claim to have cloned people. The techniques are well know and most animals from dog to cow to sheep to worms have already been cloned succesfully.

The question is, will the cloned human have its own soul or will it share the soul of the "parent"?

Ask d scientists who carried out d project.........

Hope those clones won't radiate some kinda cancer to us and then kill us.......lol
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2012
The soul is one of those nebulous concepts that nobody is able to define, describe or detect. The reality is that it doesn't really exist.

If I were to ignore that fact though, I'd probably say that clones did have souls. Identical twins are clones, and I doubt if anyone will want to argue that they're not real people. Especially since many religious people think that 4 celled embryos with no brain or nervous system have souls.

2 Likes

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
yes they will have souls. why shouldnt they
the Spiritual Energy is all around is, so it will automatically transferred to the matter. .

(Pagan point of view)

1 Like

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by jagunlabi(m): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2012
Every living being, cloned or not, have their own soul. Without a soul, a living being, cloned or not, cannot interact with the physical world.

And Souls cannot be shared.
Logic Mind:
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Johndoe100(m): 10:48am On Jun 05, 2012
This is funny. Is this called born again science?
jagunlabi: Every living being, cloned or not, have their own soul. Without a soul, a living being, cloned or not, cannot interact with the physical world.

And Souls cannot be shared.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by dorox(m): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2012
Johndoe100: This is funny. Is this called born again science?
Nice one.lol
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind, the human clones are not out of thin air. They use human sperm and eggs to make those clones.

I dont believe in souls. If you believe in souls, then better be ready to believe in Shang Tsung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4kZptthICw

1 Like

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by ijawkid(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy: Logic Mind, the human clones are not out of thin air. They use human sperm and eggs to make those clones.

I dont believe in souls. If you believe in souls, then better be ready to believe in Shang Tsung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4kZptthICw

Hahahahahaha....

Oboy u still dey play mortal combat?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahahaha....

Oboy u still dey play mortal combat?

That's the old mortal kombat. I play mortal combat 9 nowadays on the ps3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88svWV8sHAk
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy: Logic Mind, the human clones are not out of thin air. They use human sperm and eggs to make those clones.

How wrong can you be. SPERM is not needed at all in cloning. In fact, a woman that knows exactly what she is doing can clone an exact copy of herself all alone and isolated.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

How wrong can you be. SPERM is not needed at all in cloning. In fact, a woman that knows exactly what she is doing can clone an exact copy of herself all alone and isolated.

Fail....S.perm is needed. Try again
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Fail....S.perm is needed. Try again

nope. not needed.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

nope. not needed.

Assexual reproduction is not possible in humans. Please dont go spiritual retard on me.

Are you now a proponent of virgin birth/immaculate conception.

Like the movies, if your friend becomes a christian zombie, you shoot him

if you become a religious zombie, I will.............................
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Assexual reproduction is not possible in humans. Please dont go spiritual retard on me.

Are you now a proponent of virgin birth/immaculate conception.

Like the movies, if your friend becomes a christian zombie, you shoot him

if you become a religious zombie, I will.............................

looking for an escape route?

we are talking about cloning here.
sp.erm is not needed.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by ijawkid(m): 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good to see these 2 logics arguing...

Oya who is shang tsung and who will be noob saibot in this battle
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

looking for an escape route?

we are talking about cloning here.
sp.erm is not needed.

Guy.....explain the cloning process then.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
ijawkid:
Good to see these 2 logics arguing...

Oya who is shang tsung and who will be noob saibot in this battle

Sharaap
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Guy.....explain the cloning process then.

I will concede to you that in the natural cloning process involving identical twins, sp.erm is needed to fertilise the egg, before the cell division into two embryos. Sometimes, this cell division can also be artificially provoked creating clones.

But there is another process that does not need sperm. Infact, introduction of sperm in this process would negate the result because of all the cells in the body, only the sp.erm cells in men and the egg cells in women have single chromosomes. These chromosomes must combine to form a new person. Other cells do not suffer this handicap, so you can take a cell from any part of the body,(except from spe.rm or egg), extract the nucleus from this cell, and insert this nucleus into an egg cell. This will form an embryo that can be inserted into a womb. The resulting baby will be a carbon copy of the individual from whom the original cell nucleus was extracted, whether man or woman.

I hope this makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

I will concede to you that in the natural cloning process involving identical twins, sp.erm is needed to fertilise the egg, before the cell division into two embryos. Sometimes, this cell division can also be artificially provoked creating clones.

But there is another process that does not need sperm. Infact, introduction of sperm in this process would negate the result because of all the cells in the body, only the sp.erm cells in men and the egg cells in women have single chromosomes. These chromosomes must combine to form a new person. Other cells do not suffer this handicap, so you can take a cell from any part of the body,(except from spe.rm or egg), extract the nucleus from this cell, and insert this nucleus into an egg cell. This will form an embryo that can be inserted into a womb. The resulting baby will be a carbon copy of the individual from whom the original cell nucleus was extracted, whether man or woman.

I hope this makes sense.

Epic sir. Just epic. Just when I thought that I had cornered you, you come out with an answer.

However, your second "spermless" method is bordering on fringe science. While not impossible, it not the usual approach.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Epic sir. Just epic. Just when I thought that I had cornered you, you come out with an answer.

However, your second "spermless" method is bordering on fringe science. While not impossible, it not the usual approach.

That is the exact process used to create dolly the sheep.

This is the process being used to create a lot of the cloned beef americans are eating today.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2012
You don't have to believe in souls, mate. They are not religions. But they exist. If you believe in the existence of minds, then you have automatically accepted the existence of souls, whether you like it or not.
logicboy: I dont believe in souls. If you believe in souls, then better be ready to believe in Shang Tsung
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

That is the exact process used to create dolly the sheep.

This is the process being used to create a lot of the cloned beef americans are eating today.

Kai, I stand corrected! As usual, you're always epic!

I knew only on process of cloning and not the one you mentioned.

Dolly the sheep was cloned from a cell of her meother and an embro of another. Your method is called Somatic cell nuclear transfer!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Kai, I stand corrected! As usual, you're always epic!

I knew only on process of cloning and not the one you mentioned.

Dolly the sheep was cloned from a cell of her meother and an embro of another. Your method is called Somatic cell nuclear transfer!

You are welcome. That is why I like atheists. We accept when we are wrong and learn new things everyday.
Religious people will never accept, even in the face of mounting and undeniable evidence, that they may be wrong about something. They are always afraid that their god would send them brimstones if they ever accept that the lies they have been fed are actually lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

You are welcome. That is why I like atheists. We accept when we are wrong and learn new things everyday.
Religious people will never accept, even in the face of mounting and undeniable evidence, that they may be wrong about something. They are always afraid that their god would send them hailstones if they ever accept that the lies they have been fed are actually lies.

Amen brother!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2012
if a test tube baby has a soul, I don't see why a clone wouldn't.
[i]Almost [/i]same process...
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 9:10am On Jun 06, 2012
2buff: if a test tube baby has a soul, I don't see why a clone wouldn't.
[i]Almost [/i]same process...

a test tube baby is unique.
a clone is a photocopy of another being.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind:

a test tube baby is unique.
a clone is a photocopy of another being.

At the end of the day, you're a clone of both your parents.
Same principle applies
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
2buff:

Same principle applies

Nope, only twins are natural clones when it comes to humans. Not all twins are even clones. They'd have to be boy-boy or girl-girl.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
2buff:

Same principle applies

ok, i get you.
in a way, you are right except it's not really a clone as I am unique with genetic codes different from my parents'.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
Genetic code would have nothing to do with soul, otherwise twins who are exactly the same would only share one soul.

A living body is just a vessel for the billions of souls waiting to be born into this world.
Unless they do some proxy brain-charge transfer thing, the clone would have to learn things like a new born baby would.

2 Likes

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
2buff: Genetic code would have nothing to do with soul, otherwise twins who are exactly the same would only share one soul.

A living body is just a vessel for the billions of souls waiting to be born into this world.

so why is religion against human cloning then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why There Can't Be Evidence For God / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? / Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.