Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Muslim Achievers Profile - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Achievers Profile (1730 Views)

About The Islamic Badge On My Profile / About The Islamic Badge On My Profile / Someone Pls. Remove This From My Profile. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Achievers Profile by deols(f): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2012
I opened a thread like this in the past but it ended up we were copying and pasting from other internet sites about Muslims from other nations whose achievements may even have nothing to do with us.

Now, I hope we can talk about Nigerian Muslims(in no particular order) who have achieved something great and hopefully can be some form of inspiration to the younger generation. I didn't use the word success because it is relative and can be questionable.

I'll go first...
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by deols(f): 10:48am On Jun 04, 2012
1. Hajiya B. Aisha Lemu

brb wv her story
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by maclatunji: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2012
Deols, whilst I am in no way trying to belittle the noble idea behind this thread, allow me to say that for it to truly inspire people, you have to go beyond just mentioning people in 'prominent' positions and give them the tag "achiever". For example, there are many non-performing Governors in Nigeria, would you tag them achievers just because they are Governors/Muslims? For this thread to be worthwhile, we should elevate it from the mundane. Mention people that are truly outstanding not just by virtue of the fact that they occupy a particular position.

Then again, you said something about foreigners being promoted in your previous thread. Well, I would take a Martian who has a truly inspiring story over my comparatively less-inspiring fellow Nigerian, anytime, anyday.
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by deols(f): 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
j
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by LagosShia: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji: Deols, whilst I am in no way trying to belittle the noble idea behind this thread, allow me to say that for it to truly inspire people, you have to go beyond just mentioning people in 'prominent' positions and give them the tag "achiever". For example, there are many non-performing Governors in Nigeria, would you tag them achievers just because they are Governors/Muslims? For this thread to be worthwhile, we should elevate it from the mundane. Mention people that are truly outstanding not just by virtue of the fact that they occupy a particular position.

Then again, you said something about foreigners being promoted in your previous thread. Well, I would take a Martian who has a truly inspiring story over my comparatively less-inspiring fellow Nigerian, anytime, anyday.

i do not think that simply being a muslim and being in a high position makes one an achiever or someone that would inspire Muslims.

there are Muslim governors and speakers and bla bla bla.but really do these people live by the principles of Islam?and what have they done for their religion and co-religionists for us Muslims to consider them as achievers/role models and worthy of emulation?

there are governors who are Muslims who are commissioning orphanages and religious places for other religions.what have they done for Islam? are they proud of their religion?

i think i agree with Maclatunji on this.
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by deols(f): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2012
okay o.
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by maclatunji: 12:37am On Jun 05, 2012
deols: okay o.
LOL, it isn't personal but we need to put ourselves in check before we start looking ridiculous. Try and give more details about people you believe are achievers. A few lines may not do them justice.
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by olawalebabs(m): 6:17am On Jun 05, 2012
Sheikh AbdulRahman Ahmad (National Missioner, ADS)
He is a learned Islamic scholar, a polyglot, preacher ad by the grace of God, one of the light of Islam in Nigeria. He started his education late, precisely at the age of 14, yet that did not deter him from studying up to the university level.
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by olawalebabs(m): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2012
Prof. AGAS Oladosu
He is the preset chief Imam of Unilorin, A scholar of repute, he studied in Cairo, where he enjoyed scholarship throughout his stay there, he has may published articles to his credit ad has also deliver hundreds of lectures across the globe.
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by LagosShia: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2012
Sheikh Ibrahim al-Zakzaky

He is a follower of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) in Nigeria and head of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN).

"Zakzaky attended traditional Quranic and Islamic schools in the town of Zaria under the tutelage of scholars such as Malam Isa Madaka and Malam Ibrahim Kakaki. He attended the Provincial Arabic School, Zaria (1969-1970), Law School (now the School for Arabic Studies), Kano (1971-1975) and the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria (1976-1979 ).He became the secretary-general of the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) in the Main Campus of ABU (1977/78 ) and later Vice President (International Affairs) of the National Body of the MSSN in 1979.His activity in the society saw the conception of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria which came as an independent body since early 1980s. The movement has established many schools known as Fudiyyah or Fodia schools named after Shiekh Usman dan Fodio a famous 18th century scholar and jihadist. The movement also publish newspapers and magazines in both English and Hausa languages. Dr Iqbal Siddiqui described El-Zakzaky as "the de facto leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria".Zakzaky was jailed several times on charges of sedition by successive Nigerian regimes in the 1980s and 1990s.He is married with children".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Zakzaky

Biography of Sheikh Ibrahim al-Zakzaky from the Islamic Movement of Nigeria's Official Website:

http://www.islamicmovement.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=142
Re: Muslim Achievers Profile by yusufbaba(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2012
I thnk it would be bettr if you specify or narrwd down a givn field or group e.g biz, academics,theology e.t.c....

(1) (Reply)

In Memoriam - Prayers For The Dearly Departed / Fulanis Refuse To Be Led By Yoruba Imam as 2 Rival Imams Lead Prayers (Video) / What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.