Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President (988 Views)

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / 7 Reasons Why Your Family Should Pray Unclad / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Fr0sbel: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
“ I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.This is good, and pleases God our Savior…”-1 Timothy 2:1-3

Ezra 6:10 so that they may offer sacrifices pleasing to the God of heaven and pray for the well-being of the king and his sons.

Jude 1 : 8-10 " Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh,despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

As Christians, we are asked to pray for our leaders for the reasons stated above and not abuse, insult or curse them.

Our president is going through very tough times as we speak, he is attacked from within, from without , trying to cope with the menance of Boko Haram, trying to rebuild the economy that has been ruined by the corupt presidents we had in the past, he is hated by many , liked by some and to be honest he must have one of the most diffiult jobs in the world.

1. My prayer is that God will send him his light of salvation, more wisdom, power and stregth to rule this chaos of an entity called Nigeria.

2. I also pray that God will protect him from evil people that surround him with their poor advice and also protect him from hurt or harm, this extends to all his family.

Please add your prayers and NO curses allowed , thanks.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by lekkie073(m): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
May GEJ continuE to step on masses' toes so that he will walk alone by 2015...amen

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Fr0sbel: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
lekkie073: May GEJ continuE to step on masses' toes so that he will walk alone by 2015...amen

Actually this was meant for Christians, did you read the article title !!
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by logicboy: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
100% proof that christianity supports slavery.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Fr0sbel: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
Don't tell me we have more [b]Heathen [/b]here than Christians , where are our prayers ?
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by ijawkid(m): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
These praÝers have been on for too lÓng f®osbel......

What's d effect?

9ja is geting worse each passing day......

Many pray,mr goodluck and his cohorts embessle more public funds......

Its pÀthetic.....

I rather pray for Gods kingdom to come to flush all these rulers to d dust bin......

Pray for Gods kingdom d more
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
ijawkid: These praÝers have been on for too lÓng f®osbel......

What's d effect?

9ja is geting worse each passing day......

Many pray,mr goodluck and his cohorts embessle more public funds......

Its pÀthetic.....

I rather pray for Gods kingdom to come to flush all these rulers to d dust bin......

Pray for Gods kingdom d more

I agree, but maybe it is because Christians are not praying , rather they are preying on the riches of this world and through advantage.

Our prayer is not to condone bad behaviour but to prevent it by fighting in the realm of the Spirit against all the evil influences of darkness.

Remember our weapons are spiritual and not carnal.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Joel3(m): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
God left the country due to high level of corruption. And He (God) will not come back not until fuel subsidy scam money is investigated and returned. Jonathan is cursed already. Millions of curse on him. And jona should be banish from aso rock and mist of leadership. otherwise, Evil will continue to take it cause. Anyway i just prayed God answered him.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by ijawkid(m): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
frosbel:

I agree, but maybe it is because Christians are not praying , rather they are preying on the riches of this world and through advantage.

Our prayer is not to condone bad behaviour but to prevent it by fighting in the realm of the Spirit against all the evil influences of darkness.

Remember our weapons are spiritual and not carnal.

9ja i§ just too corrupt for God to work...

And our problems in 9j.a are so man made....

Even if Ù pray 1million times per day it won't changÉ d mentality of our 9ja politicÍans from stealing........

Stealing is there watch word....

Ya prayers wuld be wasted.....

Pray for those who really need prayers.....

Satan is just settled here in 9ja...

Ur politicians are all cultist....

Even mr goodluck..........

I even have d feeling that if an atheist rules 9ja it'll be better of....

because 9ja does more fruitless prayers than acting......

Na madness dey worry this our coÙntry
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by sophy09: 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
May he reap what he sows in Jesus Name. He reap the works he has done whether good or bad in Jesus Name.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by EvilBrain1(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
You guys should keep wasting your time kneeling down and flapping your lips. After all we can all see how well that has worked in the past few decades. Maybe we should all ask Santa Claus to bring us some less corrupt leaders while we're at it.

There is nothing the criminals ruling us will like more than for Nigerians to keep wastimg our time with this useless prayer cräp instead of hitting the streets, courts and trenches to force the necessary change.

Two hands working are better than a thousand clasped in prayer.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
Indeed prayer is a supplement to action and not an end in itself.

However for us who are religious adherents, the tenets of our faith adjures us to pray for our leaders while doing our part to make society a better place.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by ichuka(m): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
May he be filled with the spirit of boldness..2Tim1:7. in Jesus name amen.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Goshen360(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34, Kjv

In the beginning of this year, in my prayer for the nation, Nigeria, the Spirit of God spoke expressly to me that, "BEFORE NATIONS AND KINGDOMS CHANGE, MEN MUST CHANGE". I heard God like never before. Right from the bottom to the top, a nation full of unrighteousness, even in the pulpit. Ungodly men handling Godly affairs. How do you pure new wine inside old wineskin? A nation that has churches and religious people located every 5-10 minutes walk and yet, prosti.tutions prevail, corruption wake up with the people every morning, stealing, killing, lies, etc.

While men slept, the enemy (devil) came and sow tares among the wheat and the enemy went away (Matt. 13:25). If there is any people that needs prayer, it is the same people that call on the name of God on Sundays and Friday but will still step out of the church and mosques to involve in evils, it the religious leaders who themselves stand behind corrupt political leaders, it is people from bottom to top, not top to bottom. Take a look at this,

If my people, which are called by my name, (who are the people called by his name? Christ = Christ-IANS)

shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways;

then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chro. 7:14 kjv

You see, we cannot humble yourself to pray, seek the face of God and remain in our wicked ways and expect God to hear us. It is very unfortunate today that the most corrupt people and evil doers are the same people called by the name of God. BEFORE KINGDOMS AND NATIONS CHANGE, MEN MUST CHANGE.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by logicboy: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
Evil Brain: You guys should keep wasting your time kneeling down and flapping your lips. After all we can all see how well that has worked in the past few decades. Maybe we should all ask Santa Claus to bring us some less corrupt leaders while we're at it.

There is nothing the criminals ruling us will like more than for Nigerians to keep wastimg our time with this useless prayer cräp instead of hitting the streets, courts and trenches to force the necessary change.

Epic comment, sir!
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Olutboy: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ok the prayer For Mr.President and Nigeria is as simple as Let thy will be done smiley smiley
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Zikkyy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
@frosbel, i believe you collected some cool cash from GEJ before starting the thread angry i'll pray if you are willing to share the 'loot' grin
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by dekung(m): 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
Evil Brain: You guys should keep wasting your time kneeling down and flapping your lips. After all we can all see how well that has worked in the past few decades. Maybe we should all ask Santa Claus to bring us some less corrupt leaders while we're at it.

You have said it all. Praying is more like sitting on a rocking chair, it gives you something to keep you busy but gets you nowhere. I cant begin to count the number of crusades and prayers for the nation that have been organised in Nigeria, yet this is what we get. The only thing that works anywhere is to do the right thing all the time and when someone steps out of line mete the appropriate punishment. Until we start holding ourselves and our leaders (wether religious, political, community or household) we will only be walking on a treadmill. Lots of activity but no movement. If we continue to call on God for everything we will continue to get the silent treatment for everything. Sensible societies dont go arround praying when calamities strike, they get down to work. Prayers hve never worked and like you rightly said, Evil Brain, two hands working is better than 30million clasped in prayer. Am saying this because on that June 03 Flight there were two pastors, one from TREM and one from House on The Rock. The question then is, didnt they pray before they left Abuja that fateful day? You guess is as good as mine.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Joel3(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
I heard former police abubakar was assassinated, how true is this plz?
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Zodiac61(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Continue praying whilst the world passes you by.
grin grin grin grin grin
When you finish, maybe you will find Nigeria in the stone age.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
Zodiac61: Continue praying whilst the world passes you by.
grin grin grin grin grin
When you finish, maybe you will find Nigeria in the stone age.

I have no idea why you are laughing.

Prayer has be accompanied by action, of course.

Only a lazy man will advocate prayer without action. However this action is one taken by faith expecting positive results because of the blessings of God.
Re: Christians Should Pray For GEJ - Place All Your Prayers Here For The President by arianrabaka: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Those who oppose GEJ can't even do better him, tinubu ruled Lagos 4 8yrs what has he got to show for it,? Fashola knows amount indebted to Lagos,on Loan, I beg of what use is a sickman been taken to Idumota Market to buy cloth for him,of what use is a thumbler if the inside is dirty and use costly detergent to wash the outside,what magic will apc wan paform to deal with our oil we den say hin price don fall, abi dem no get time listen to radio or evensef watch tv, Mr President no worry,we that are with u are by far plenty pas dem we de agaist U,GEJ second time DOOLE

(1) (Reply)

Wars And Rumors Of Wars / Where Do You Pay Your Tithe / The "Good", The "Bad" And The "Funny"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.