Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

"Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says (12678 Views)

Youths In Rivers Bury PDP In A Coffin (Photos) / Breaking; Radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested / Re: Engr. Tuoyo Omatsuli, Executive Director-projects, Nddc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
John I. Nnorom, a former Executive Director for Finance at Air Nigeria, has warned Nigerians to stop flying the airline until they are sure that its planes are being properly maintained.

In a blistering public petition, Mr. Nnorom, who resigned his appointment with the airline on April 1, 2012, blamed the situation on big businessman Jimoh Ibrahim, the chairman of Air Nigeria, whom he accused of being uninterested in the maintenance of company aircraft.

“Some of the certifying Engineers and I are under threat of assassination by Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, if we reveal this secret to Nigerians,” he said.
Mr. Nnorom said that upon his resignation, he wrote a letter in which he said he preferred to die than to be a witness to over 100 souls perishing in an Air Nigeria aircraft.

He disclosed that Air Nigeria is in financial crisis because money loaned by Bank of Industry of N35.5Billion has been diverted into Mr. Ibrahim’s NICON INVESTMENT LTD, a non-finance company popularly called wonder bank, leading to air safety being compromised, and stressed that there is a great possibility of a disastrous Air Nigeria crash, which can occur at any time.

He recalled that in Jan 2012, Licensed Engineers in Air Nigeria went on strike because they were being forced to certify unfit aircraft into the air, and another strike was averted in March 2012 following the intervention of the DG-NCAA, Demureen. Both events, he said, were based on failure on Failure To Meet Safety Standard, and are verifiable information the public is aware of.

Why are Air Nigeria flights sometimes delayed for as many as eight hours? According to the petitioner, that is because the aircraft for that flight is not ready. “While passengers are waiting, engineers are battling to put the aircraft on Air. Several times our Aircraft on Runway taxing to takeoff, turns back to offload passengers due to some technical faults observed by Pilots.”

He said that of the 11 aircraft being operated by Air Nigeria, only one, Embraer, is safe to fly Nigeria Air space, with all of the others needing “deep and heavy” technical maintenance.

“This explains why Air Nigeria has never operated more than six Aircraft out of eleven Aircraft. Air Nigeria do not have the money to fix these Aircrafts. Let anybody go and check now, some of the Aircraft and Engines have been grounded for the past one year.”

Mr. Nnorom even advised Nigerians who choose to take the risk of flying Air Nigeria not to eat or drink anything, pointing out that passengers have been poisoned because Air Nigeria serves bottled pure water, and that passengers have complained of being served “smelling waters.”

Mr. Nnorom further claimed in the petition that Mr. Ibrahim’s companies, including Air Nigeria, do not have tax clearance certificates. He listed the others as Global Fleet Oil & Gas, NICON Insurance, Nigeria RE-Insurance, NICON Properties Ltd, Nicon Luxury, Nicon Hotels Okitipupa, VGC & PHC, Newswatch Communications, Newswatch Daily and National Mirror.

“In Air Nigeria, just to renew expatriate resident permit, Bar Jimoh Ibrahim will instruct a vendor to forge all the tax clearance papers which is filed with the immigration.”

Mr. Nnorom alleges that Mr. Ibrahim:

• As the chairman of Air Nigeria, has diverted N5billion From a BOI aviation industry intervention loan Of N35.5billion granted last year by the federal government through the Central Bank of Nigeria into NICON INVESTMENT LTD;

• Diverted $18m Out Of $40m Afrixim federal government support of the aviation industry; with $26,969,505.63 diverted into Mr. Ibrahim’s acquisition of Energy Bank of Ghana;

• Diverted N10 billion released by the government through the office of the Accountant-General of Nigeria for the payment of pensioners into Nicon Insurance Plc released the sum of, with no pensioner being paid.

Mr. Nnorom insisted that Mr. Ibrahim is trying to kill him, and attached his letter of resignation and subsequent acknowledgement by the CEO and FOREIGN LEASSORS to the petition.

“On the SFU, recovery of $75,000 from me, I was never arrested, never invited by SFU, did not make any statement, I do not know how money was recovered from me,” he said. “I am ready to sponsor any person to come with me to SFU and show me my statement,” attributing the matter to Mr. Ibrahim’s “poor character of cheap blackmail.”

According to the former Executive Director, “Jimoh Ibrahim is after my life but if my death will save hundred Nigerian souls from plane crash and that is the will of GOD, my soul will be happy to meet my creator anytime.”

www.saharareporters.com/news-page/air-nigeria-flying-coffin-former-executive-director-says
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
--
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
A word Is enuf for a fool.

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by jamace(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
Air Nigeria planes have invisible inscription, "PREPARE TO MEET THY LORD" written on them. Watch out.
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Piyke: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
was it not one of their aircrafts that refused to start after passengers had boarded recently
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by doctokwus: 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
Though these claims are unverifiable& some look far fetched,av neva trusted mr jimoh Ibrahim& his biz practices.He has practically turned Nicon to a 1 star hotel& dis his foray into aviation was filled wt a lot of suspicious,underhand,cutting d corner deals.He doesn't luk like a genuine,upright bizman to me

1 Like

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by otokx(m): 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
My problem with the petition is that the guy is going in all directions; at least 1 new plane we are told was acquired recently by Air Nigeria. Lets try and keep things simple and straight in our accusations.
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
otokx: My problem with the petition is that the guy is going in all directions; at least 1 new plane we are told was acquired recently by Air Nigeria. Lets try and keep things simple and straight in our accusations.

"He said that of the 11 aircraft being operated by Air Nigeria, only one, Embraer, is safe to fly Nigeria Air space, with all of the others needing “deep and heavy” technical maintenance."
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 05, 2012
otokx: My problem with the petition is that the guy is going in all directions; at least 1 new plane we are told was acquired recently by Air Nigeria. Lets try and keep things simple and straight in our accusations.
i see u r very stubborn. Ok, continue to fly air nigeria, one day u just might get wats comin ur way. A straight ticket to hell

4 Likes

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by OK2NV3: 3:22am On Jun 05, 2012
Jimoh Ibrahim has got the Midas Touch in reverse mode. Anything he touches turns to sh1t.

This guy never made money as a business man, I believe it was during the Abacha era he made it big with help from Aso Rock.

That's one of the problems we have in Nigeria. These opportunistic thieves make money from corruption and don't have a clue on how to re-invest it.

Imagine Ibori buying properties in London and around the world like it was going out of fashion. My gawd! how many houses does an individual need?

2 Likes

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by juman(m): 5:01am On Jun 05, 2012
doctokwus: Though these claims are unverifiable& some look far fetched,av neva trusted mr jimoh Ibrahim& his biz practices.He has practically turned Nicon to a 1st class hotel& dis his foray into aviation was filled wt a lot of suspicious,underhand,cutting d corner deals.He doesn't luk like a genuine,upright bizman to me

I also believe that the man Bar. Ibrahim can never be trusted.

President Jonathan government is toooooooo weak.
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by velo10: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2012
Lets avoid another issue of "we were warned and did nothing'. NCAA should make sure that not only Air Nigeria but all airliners maintain proper aviation standards
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Mcdondayan: 6:26am On Jun 05, 2012
In as much as i lyk his honesty in alerting nigerians of the risk of flying air nigeria, i think there is more to it. If he goes to the extent of giving out the statistics of tax evasion, and other details the i think he has some other "BEEF" with his ex employers

1 Like

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 05, 2012
When I said here few years ago that Jimoh Ibrahim's business model is one built on talk rather than performance, someone said it's because he didn't give me job.

The guy is one exaggerated, loud-mouth, money-miss-road businessman that paints himself in picture he is not. I have never respected him and can never work for any company associated with him.

I pity Air Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Joseph28: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2012
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by deshclones(m): 8:10am On Jun 05, 2012
It was God that saved me in feb....i boarded airnigeria abuja flight....that flight was something else...it was a matter of life and death...i had never seen people pray that hard in my entire life....even the air hostesses that were supposed to be calm were all sweating and you could touch the fear on their faces....lagos to abuja seem like 5hours that day...there was no promise i did not make to God that day....i developed phobia for flying from that day.....airnigeria is a walking coffin..its a disaster waiting to happen.....thank God this man came forward...

btwn..jimoh has a penchant of buying moribund companies and ruining them further...look at newswatch,NICON,etc...the guy don run the companies down....none of his numerous companies are making profit..none..have some colleagues that moved to my present company from energy oil and nicon..those guys say jimoh runs the company like his personal home...the guy cannot even take care of his wife or himself.....he owes staff salaries,evades tax and sacks people for flimsy excuses..Naija is really bleeped on both sides.. cry cry cry
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Demdem(m): 8:16am On Jun 05, 2012
Noted. Air Nigeria, Bye bye.
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2012
but why is it that big time Nigerian businessmen enjoy evading Tax?
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Javanian: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2012
deshclones: It was God that saved me in feb....i boarded airnigeria abuja flight....that flight was something else...it was a matter of life and death...i had never seen people pray that hard in my entire life....even the air hostesses that were supposed to be calm were all sweating and you could touch the fear on their faces....lagos to abuja seem like 5hours that day...there was no promise i did not make to God that day....i developed phobia for flying from that day.....airnigeria is a walking coffin..its a disaster waiting to happen.....thank God this man came forward...

btwn..jimoh has a penchant of buying moribund companies and ruining them further...look at newswatch,NICON,etc...the guy don run the companies down....none of his numerous companies are making profit..none..have some colleagues that moved to my present company from energy oil and nicon..those guys say jimoh runs the company like his personal home...the guy cannot even take care of his wife or himself.....he owes staff salaries,evades tax and sacks people for flimsy excuses..Naija is really bleeped on both sides.. cry cry cry

ROFLMFAO!!!
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by wandeay: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2012
after all said and done, what is the safest airline company in nigeria, to me, theres none, the worst part is that, dis crash should be as a lesson to the government and the private companies, but we all know, they will leave the situations like that witout intervening, to me, chachangi and associated airline is the worst, i had long ago stop patronizing them, but aero contractor is stil managable
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Joseph28: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Good point
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Maleeq(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2012
This is interesting. Here I was extremely upset that they cancelled my international bound flight, twice, since Saturday for their pilots are on strike! Seems I will just request a refund and use a canoe to my destination instead.

God punish all these airlines using aged aircrafts in Nigeria.
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by hardywaltz(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2012
Air Nigeria neva again.
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by brabus(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2012
Piyke: was it not one of their aircrafts that refused to start after passengers had boarded recently

grin grin Haa! Why is that a problem? Can't they jumpstart it? Get another aircraft to push it? Or maybe beg the passengers to give it a push?

-------
Mr John I. Nnorom, u no try at all. Why wait till now? Why the silence? With silence, we condemn scores of our neighbors to live in the shadows of death. Through silence, we give ourselves permission to practice what we pretend to abhor.

I look forward to that time when we'll resolve to carry that part of our national shame on our shoulders and solemly swear not to ever allow silence to have the last word.

God bless, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by optimistD(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2012
Boyloaf: i see u r very stubborn. Ok, continue to fly air nigeria, one day u just might get wats comin ur way. A straight ticket to hell
y u dey wry urslf. That guy dosnt fly any airline. To where naa? Keke don finish? Abi they ban okada 4ajegunle?
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2012
optimist D: y u dey wry urslf. That guy dosnt fly any airline. To where naa? Keke don finish? Abi they ban okada 4ajegunle?
lmao
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2012
Flying Molues
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2012
By the Authority conferred unpon me, i hereby direct The NPF To Arrest Mr Jimoh Ibrahim for the following reasons:

1. Putting the lives of Nigerians at Risk via His cursed Airline

2. Giving Nigerians Poison In form of Bottled Water

3. For Forgery of tax Certificates

4. For Funds Diverting meant for Aircraft maintenance which now puts Nigerians and other Air Nigeria Users at risk

5. For threatening the life of his engineers who cried out for airplane maintenance.

He should be arrested within 72hrs and hanged on a rope for attempting murder........
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2012
Mcdondayan: In as much as i lyk his honesty in alerting nigerians of the risk of flying air nigeria, i think there is more to it. If he goes to the extent of giving out the statistics of tax evasion, and other details the i think he has some other "BEEF" with his ex employers
if you were the one wouldn't you beef the person that threatned to assassinate you, or the person that has no value for human life.

1 Like

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On Jun 05, 2012
What we lack in Nigeria as a whole in all industries, is Corporate Governance. This so-called CEO's know they can get away with murder, hence their actions.
When they start getting charged with corporate manslaughter and lack of duty of care etc etc etc. And sentencing them all to life imprisonment, they will all sit tight!!!
Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by Jabioro: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2012
It was God that saved me in feb....i boarded airnigeria abuja flight....that flight was something else...it was a matter of life and death...i had never seen people pray that hard in my entire life....even the air hostesses that were supposed to be calm were all sweating and you could touch the fear on their faces....lagos to abuja seem like 5hours that day...there was no promise i did not make to God that day....i developed phobia for flying from that day.....airnigeria is a walking coffin..its a disaster waiting to happen.....thank God this man came forward...hope u didn't promise than u do.d authority charge to maintain airworthiness has collected kick back,what rmain is put d innocent life online.Useless pple.

1 Like

Re: "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says by folufx: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2012
Pvt jet is the solution.At least ur fate is in ur hand smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Produce Apc Membership Card Of Dg Of Dss Or Shut Up, Apc Tells Pdp / Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's / An Igbo Man Can Only Be President Of Nigeria If He Joins APC - Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.