Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Did Judas Iscariot Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Judas Iscariot Die? (1647 Views)

Did Judas Make Heaven? / How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? / Did Judas Iscariot Really Betray Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by LoveKing(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2007
Acts 1
16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

Matthew 27
3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

are they saying the same thing or is it a different story?
how does someone fall headlong? did judas fall headlong after he hanged himself? who has a better description?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by georgen2u(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2007
dont you read your bible?
he commited sucide man
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by LoveKing(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2007
georgen2u:

don't you read your bible?
he commited sucide man

yes he committed suicide but how did he do it?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by IDINRETE: 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2007
he was poisoned grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by dafidixone(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2007
are they saying the same thing or is it a different story?
how does someone fall headlong? did judas fall headlong after he hanged himself? who has a better description?

I have decided to reply this posting because I feel you want us to learn together and not to argue on this issue.

If you carefully looked at the two statement, you will agree with me that they are saying the same thing. Mathew reported the issue in account of what transpired between the Preist and Judas. For example it is like when a court pronouncement is reported. It will read XYZ is hereby sentenced to Death.

Then on the order hand the event in the Act is on account of the horible outcome of the action of Judas. Unlike example i cited of Judge Pronouncement, it is now become a discription of how severe the excecution is.

When you compare the two the latter is Continuation of the former. Matthew event came before the report in Act. Act will be the detail of the Account of Judas Iscariot.

I hope that will address your concern.
Thanks wink
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by combatant: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2007
@dafidixone

I have decided to reply this posting because I feel you want us to learn together and not to argue on this issue.

Thanks

If you carefully looked at the two statement, you will agree with me that they are saying the same thing.

Really??

Mathew reported the issue in account of what transpired between the Preist and Judas.

Please did Mathew witness the story?

For example it is like when a court pronouncement is reported. It will read XYZ is hereby sentenced to Death.

Abeg comot that crap

Then on the order hand the event in the Act is on account of the horible outcome of the action of Judas. Unlike example i cited of Judge Pronouncement, it is now become a discription of how severe the excecution is.

Read the verses up. How did he die?

When you compare the two the latter is Continuation of the former. Matthew event came before the report in Act. Act will be the detail of the Account of Judas Iscariot.

Keep deceiving yourself. The two verses are saying different things are you are here telling us that the latter is a continuation of the former. Haba, stop your deception now. Please why is Matthew now having the deatiled account, where was the holy spirit when he was compiling his story?

I hope that will address your concern.

Nope sad

Thanks

Have a lovely day
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by ajadrage: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2007
LoveKing:
are they saying the same thing or is it a different story? how does someone fall headlong? did judas fall headlong after he hanged himself? who has a better description?
The bible as a work is made up of two compilations of seperate and individual texts, but one theme is present even when both seperate texts that span thousands of years from each other are compared and it is that incotrovertible fact that propels the rational and higher thinking one to ascribe to it the true guide of the designer of this entire universal system.

This mind set is beyond Christianity as even the entire Kingdom of Christianity does not teach the bible as they should. The Hebrew Texts (Old testament) is verified by both Judaism and Islam and other scholastic works of ancient historians, while the Greek Scriptures (New testament) has proven itself a true fulfillment of the original will of the designer who started making his name known to man since the days of the fall.

I do not intend to be confrontational, but there are some salient facts that need to be pointed out. If one is in disputation of the conformity of the bible or its consistency or otherwise, they are well within their rights.

The case of Judas, a very logical explanation is given, Judas received payment for betraying the Christ, he must have felt very guilty and remorseful, but the deed had been done. He made to return payment but was turned away and he threw the silver pieces to the floor and proceeded to hang himself in a field. Well, whether he fell down and burst forth is ambiguous as he must have commited his suicidal act in that field, thus it being referred to as the field of blood.

The Holy men must have gathered up the silver and gone to buy out the field since it had gotten a bad reputation and what better way to buy it with the money of the one who corrupted the place.

Thus, the accounts in both Matthew and Acts rather than contradict each other gives us a clearer picture of what transpired during that crucial time.

Make your own deductions.

See full text of the above explanations in this earlier post:
link:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=84914.msg1600211#msg1600211
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by dafidixone(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2007
Keep deceiving yourself. The two verses are saying different things are you are here telling us that the latter is a continuation of the former. Haba, stop your deception now. Please why is Matthew now having the deatiled account, where was the holy spirit when he was compiling his story?

That Judas died and the other says he did not? grin

When you want to argue try to open your heart to knowledge. That is the best way to be a better argumentative person. However, I am not here to argue with you on such matter. Get knowledge get understanding.

Please note this, when you try to ask some question about God's words, you may not get the exact answer because life in itself is all about beleive. Tell me Who is you real Father? Who is your real Mother? Where were you born? When were you Born? Answers to many of this questions are in the stories you were told. So learn to beleive!
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by tomX1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2007
I wont say I have some hidden text that merges both scriptures on Judas death but lets use the scriptures you quoted and add a little imagination.

Judas committed suicide by hanging himself.
As a suicide he is considered to be unclean so no one would touch his corpse.
It bloats and begin to decay in the heat, falls of the tree and the belly of the bloated corpse burst open.

This will make both accounts true.

Mathews account specificaly tells us how Judas died - by hanging.

Pauls account related some events that related to the deceased but It did not say how he died.

Mathew tells us that the money (belonging) to Judas was used to purchase a field by the priest. Since the money could not be put in the treasury, it was still legaly Judas' money so the field is his. Mathew's version is a historic account or record.

Paul said Judas purchaed the field. He was refering to historic events that were at the time common knowledge and didn't need to go into specifics.

This is just an academic excercise to show that the seeming contradictions might just not be contradictry at all.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by Carlosein(m): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2007
i have to agree with davidixone and ajadrage that rather than contradict each other, the two accounts-one from Mathew and the other from Acts (actually written by St Luke? and not St Paul) simply corroborate each other, since each of the inspired authors wrote independently.

so Judas committed suicide by hanging and his body fell down (though kinda hard to imagine how it could have fallen headlong undecided), and the field was bought with the money he had received for betraying Christ.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Die? by dafidixone(m): 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2007
I wont say I have some hidden text that merges both scriptures on Judas death but lets use the scriptures you quoted and add a little imagination.

Judas committed suicide by hanging himself.
As a suicide he is considered to be unclean so no one would touch his corpse.
It bloats and begin to decay in the heat, falls of the tree and the belly of the bloated corpse burst open.

This will make both accounts true.

Mathews account specificaly tells us how Judas died - by hanging.

Pauls account related some events that related to the deceased but It did not say how he died.

Mathew tells us that the money (belonging) to Judas was used to purchase a field by the priest. Since the money could not be put in the treasury, it was still legaly Judas' money so the field is his. Mathew's version is a historic account or record.

Paul said Judas purchaed the field. He was refering to historic events that were at the time common knowledge and didn't need to go into specifics.

This is just an academic excercise to show that the seeming contradictions might just not be contradictry at all.

Atom you are very intelligent. cool

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About The Prosperity Gospel? / The Devil Has No Power At All / Obedience Always Brings Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.