Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? (20345 Views)

The Dana Plane Crash could be a ritual by the elites / TB Joshua Predicted The Dana Air Plane Crash-said It Was A Security Breach / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by logicboy: 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind: And she shut up.
Heaven awaits for Missy B.

Ouch....that is called an atheist smackdown
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Johndoe100(m): 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
Missy_B: Nothing happens without God's permission. . .Not even this plane crash.
If he permits it, it's for a reason; always a positive reason for His children.
The only thing is, we usually do not see things from God's perspective. . .What we deem trouble/disaster may not necessarily be so in God's eyes.

I read of a girl who was supposed to board that plane but missed it because she fell asleep . . .That, too, is for a reason. Believers believe nothing happens by chance, accident or luck. . .God makes the choice.

Likewise.

The first part is why people call religion the opiate of the masses. This your hypothesis is sadly not true.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 5:41am On Jun 06, 2012
Image123: no, God did not want the plane to crash. God's will is not often done on earth as it is in Heaven BTW.
There were several unbelivers and relatives of unbelivers in that plane. it did not stop the crash, get back to us when you get a 'better' way to Heaven.

How do you know God didn't want the plane to crash? Did he tell you?
Does the presence of unbelievers or relatives of unbelievers prevent God from stopping a plane crash?
Do you think dying in a plane crash is a "better" way to Heaven?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 6:08am On Jun 06, 2012
Missy_B: Nothing happens without God's permission. . .Not even this plane crash.
The only thing is, we usually do not see things from God's perspective. . .What we deem trouble/disaster may not necessarily be so in God's eyes.

I read of a girl who was supposed to board that plane but missed it because she fell asleep . . .That, too, is for a reason. Believers believe nothing happens by chance, accident or luck. . .God makes the choice.

Likewise.

I think this video appropriately describes the mindset you're displaying.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5n8jESUEk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param></object>
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 06, 2012
Likewise.

From all indications, this is an accident due to man's error and negligence. I dont see any positive reason in losing a family of 5, or losing your wife and only kid, or loosing the breadwinner of the family with nothing to fall back on.

1 Like

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by MissyB3(f): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2012
The first part is why people call religion the opiate of the masses.
Your/their problem!

Johndoe100:
This your hypothesis is sadly not true.
Because?

thehomer:

I think this video appropriately describes the mindset you're displaying.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5n8jESUEk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param></object>
Suzie is a good kid and she ought to get a pat on the back. cheesy But, the point of that video is?

uhonmora:
From all indications, this is an accident due to man's error and negligence.
I have not argued the cause of the horrible incident, neither have I spoken of it.
My point is Nothing happens without God's permission . . . Yes, inclusive of this accident.

I dont see any positive reason in losing a family of 5, or losing your wife and only kid, or loosing the breadwinner of the family with nothing to fall back on.
See my previous post below:

I, too, as a mere human with limited sight and knowledge, may not see anything positive in losing a loved one, but I was informed beforehand; His ways and thoughts are different from mine. It only makes sense for me to trust the plans, decisions and works of my superior, as He knows better.
By the way, not everyone sees death as something horrible . . .The only sad but true thing is we all cannot die in our sleep, peacefully with a smile on the face.

BTW, The only point I have made on this thread so far is : Nothing happens without God's permission. If you're going to rebut it, it's necessary that you share the same faith as me, so we can use the same reference book, as I don't see how we can avoid a back and forth if we are using different materials.

1 Like

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by amosy007: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind: If god rapes your sister, praise him. Praise him at all times.

unrepentant atheist grin grin grin grin
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by LogicMind: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2012
Missy_B:

BTW, The only point I have made on this thread so far is : Nothing happens without God's permission. If you're going to rebut it, it's necessary that you share the same faith as me, so we can use the same reference book, as I don't see how we can avoid a back and forth if we are using different materials.

The only point you have made so far is that you are a deluded and indoctrinated one who refuses to use her brain but instead spits out the crap fed to her by other fellow humans whose only objective concerning you is pure exploitation.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by LogicMind: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2012
amosy007:

unrepentant atheist grin grin grin grin

even in his everlasting silence, he is worthy of our praise.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

I do voluntary work for a charity that helps poor african children and I give alms to the poor when I can,

Go and Read your bible

saw this in my Bible after your advice.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 06, 2012
Johndoe100: I ask this because there were a lot of “born again” pastors that died, families of “prophets” died etc. If the holy spirit did not “tell” them that “ol boy it is time oh”, what really does he tell them? No “blood of Jesus” chants saved them. Another strong pointer to the fakeness of the so called “Christians”. People you need to “shine ya eye well oh!!!”.
. you have brains,you dont read,you fail your exams.what's God got to do with it?? There's a plane,its faulty but is still used. It crashes. What's God got to do with it?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by crackhouse(m): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2012
Johndoe100: How many hours had the "born again" pastors spent talking to God? The truth is it was just one big con, aimed at separating the foolish from their money.
i wonder why people like u still live. Maybe u need to have a near-death experience before u will testify that the lord have been merciful to u by keeping u alive all this while. And he's waiting for u to repent b/4 it will be too late. Have u ever taught of how humans came to be or do u think humans came from nowhere?. Be wise
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by deleo16(m): 10:04am On Jun 06, 2012
Johndoe100: I ask this because there were a lot of “born again” pastors that died, families of “prophets” died etc. If the holy spirit did not “tell” them that “ol boy it is time oh”, what really does he tell them? No “blood of Jesus” chants saved them. Another strong pointer to the fakeness of the so called “Christians”. People you need to “shine ya eye well oh!!!”.
i agree with you to some point some people just pastor,Prophet all of this are just title if anything is about to happen whether good or bad the holyspirit will speak to you e.g keneth hagin but if holy spirit tell well its time thats an assurance that heaven is sure
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by deleo16(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2012
[quote author=alexleo]

I have seen a lot of children of God who died and knew they were about to die and were happy dying. some were not pastors and some were not poor. Some will get the ministration in their heart and they wont know how it will happen.In the USA headquarters of our church a man of God who walked so closely with God knew about his death and called for a service of songs and testimony on his behalf.The church organised it without knowing what was coming up. During the service of songs
@alexo true talk
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by stepo707: 10:11am On Jun 06, 2012
Can God prevent [b]all [/b]disasters, yes he can.But he allows them to happen for his own reasons.He alone knows all things.we dont have any right to question him.Job tried to understand what he did to deserve the same thing when he lost his 10 children and wealth.IMO lets leave all mysteries to God.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by lifestyle1(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2012
Dumb Question! undecided
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by chinnyonwu(m): 10:17am On Jun 06, 2012
Stupid post from a senseless poster. Don't car crÁshes happen everyday? Why did God allow them? Kmt
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by ypzilanti: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2012
See the silence on the question showing that majority go to church without understanding the philisophy behind their religion.

Man has freewill and that is what the earth operates on. God intervenes through our prayers but he has the view of the whole picture which man does not have. Thus he will not intervene always except for the fulfilment of his grand purpose. Death is not viewed in Christianity as the end, but the beginning of another chapter.

That in a nutshell is the summarry. You either believe, or you don't. Christians were not promised heaven on earth despite the empty promises that the new age pastors are marketing. It is a religion more aimed for the hearafter, than the present. Jesus preaching mainly covered what we should do so as to prepare for life after here. New age pastors have made it about buying the latest jeep and being a superhuman that cannot experience difficulties or tragedy forgetting that the Lord himself was subject to the problems of mankind- was betrayed and crucified...in the end it was for the glory of God.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by tonididdy(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2012
IF ANIMALS HAD Facebook, THESE
ARE MOST LIKELY TO BE THEIR
STATUS UPDATES:
COCKROACH: "My Friends pls help
me to thank God cos I managed
to skip from someone's footstep! CAT: "My 7th child is asking who's
her dad...What shall I tell her? I
don't even remember!
MOSQUITO: I'm HIV positive..this is
all due to wrong Sucking!
CHICKEN: If tomorrow I'm not updating my status, it means am
being served at
'MR BIGGS'... Love U all!
OCTOPUS: I've just refilled my
ink!...hurray!
PIG: Ohh gosh! They throw gossip that I'm spreading flu...wtf!
GOAT: Friends! Don't go out...EID
holiday is coming!
Pig comments on goat's status:
"Luckily, I'm HARAM =
Goat replies: "Don't u remember dat after EID is the Chinese new
year?
DOG: I hate Calabar people!
COW: My calf wants to suck now
but the farmer has taken all the
milk in the morning RAT: The owner of the house just
bought a cat, we dey pack comot
2moro
GOAT: friends thank God 4 me
ooo, a car almost hit me now; i
wud hav died lik fowl... FOWL- comment on goat status: i
thank God 4 u ooo; dnt mind dem,
dats hw men drive lik goat..

2 Likes

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by amosy007: 10:25am On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind:

even in his everlasting silence, he is worthy of our praise.
grin grin grin
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Zodiac61(m): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2012
stepo707: Can God prevent [b]all [/b]disasters, yes he can.But he allows them to happen for his own reasons.He alone knows all things.we dont have any right to question him.Job tried to understand what he did to deserve the same thing when he lost his 10 children and wealth.IMO lets leave all mysteries to God.

Really! Why not just confess your ignorance? The problem with theists is that they come out with so much much nonsence that makes no sense.
Imagine talking about Job as though he was a real man. I choose not to leave mysteries to God (a non exsistent creation of man's fetile imagination).
If that had been done there would have been no cure for leprosy, no cars, no planes. People would still believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, that there was a flood that destroyed the entire earth and that Adam and Eve were the first humans to walk the earth.
No - God (or any other imaginary sky fairy) did not cause the air crash. What cause the crash was human error, either in the maintainance of the air craft or by those flying it.
These things happen all the time.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by logicboy: 10:26am On Jun 06, 2012
Image123:

saw this in my Bible after your advice.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Unfortunately for you, no one knows who wrote Hebrews.

This contradicts Jesus. Who is more important in your religion. What are you going to do?

All this is still a joke because God doesnt exist. I do not need to please him.

Anyways,

[size=18pt]
There is nothing you can do as a christian that I can not do as an atheist[/size]
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by dare2think: 10:27am On Jun 06, 2012
Nobody knows jack!!

However, the excuses christians on this thread are coming up with are just pathetic!

Why not admit the honest thruth, nobody knows anything!

Alot of people on that plane at the beginning of this year went to various 'cross over' services where different charlatans prayed for them and 'annoInted' them, yet they still died painful deaths. Worse part were the children. How can anyone find excuses for the painful deaths of children? Yet they come with different verses and jargons?

Mysterious world, mysterious people!
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by wale81: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2012
I didn't want to comment on this thread, but after seeing some responses, I have to give my own contribution. To people involving God in this, please stop. This accident was as a result of human error and carelessness, and God had nothing to do with that. This world is governed by laws, and there is a law of "cause and effect". You do not keep flying a 22 year old unmaintained plane who had hydraulic problems, and bypass all quality checks and not expect something like this to happen.
If you are pushed off a building or you jump off a building, you will be subject to the law of gravity and hit the ground, irrespective of your age, sex, and religion.
God and I dare say, the devil had no part in this..this is an effect of negligence, corruption, low standards of quality and disregard for human life, and people paid the price. We might not be able to answer why the pastors, prophets, etc died...but instead of blaming God or the devil..lets blame the real devils...the corruption that lead to this.....oh and the Indian senior management of Dana have fled the country...

Cause and effect..you can't violate natural principles and go scot free...even God respects those principles.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Lordsocrates: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

I do voluntary work for a charity that helps poor african children and I give alms to the poor when I can,

Go and Read your bible

you did this bcoz u saw it in d bible n belived dat d would be reckonin..so i would say u dnt bliv in religion..but u mst certainly bliv dat there is a God out there...

1 Like

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by amosy007: 10:29am On Jun 06, 2012
tonididdy: IF ANIMALS HAD Facebook, THESE
STATUS UPDATES:
don't even remember!
being served at
ink!...hurray!
holiday is coming!
"Luckily, I'm HARAM =
year?
2moro

i don laff strip my sokoto grin grin cheesy
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2012
chinnyonwu: Stupid post from a senseless poster. Don't car crÁshes happen everyday? Why did God allow them? Kmt

thank you @ chinny. How did this post make the front page? Are you giving these stup.id set of individuals the chance to debate on the existence of GOd? Once we are in this life, we are in the flow of it. We can't control or determine its end point. Life and death, space and time, fate and chance...these are the forces of the universe. Your human mind cannot fully decipher the nature of GOd. Your logic mind is stupidity as far as understanding the nature of the world is concerned...I need all of you saying God does not exist to answer the following questions...

1. Heard of the theory of biogenesis? That states that nothing that's alive came from anything that is living...so where did the first cell come from? Has a protocel been synthesized from inanimate organic substance?

2. You give me the big ba.ng theory...I wanna ask this: there is a law of motion that states that an object will continue to be in a state of rest or of uniform motion unless an external force acts on it...so what brought about the force that initiated the big ba.ng?

When I get logical answers to these questions....

Then we can continue from there...
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by cold(m): 10:31am On Jun 06, 2012
@Op,there are two responses to your question.It is either;
1.There is no God,simple as.
2.There is a God but he simply can't be bothered about how you die but in what state you died in.For him or against him?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by logicboy: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2012
Lordsocrates: you did this bcoz u saw it in d bible n belived dat d would be reckonin..so i would say u dnt bliv in religion..but u mst certainly bliv dat there is a God out there...

I didnt do it because of the bible. I was just showing what the bible says about my work.

I never cared about the poor when I was a christian like many churches and pastors. I was an atheist before I became a humanist
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by LogicMind: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2012
tonididdy: IF ANIMALS HAD Facebook, THESE
STATUS UPDATES:
don't even remember!
being served at
ink!...hurray!
holiday is coming!
"Luckily, I'm HARAM =
year?
2moro

lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by jspac(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2012
Don't we just love blaming God for our misfortunes even though we brought them upon ourselves.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by lifestyle1(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

Anyways,

[size=18pt]
There is nothing you can do as a christian that I can not do as an atheist[/size]

Can you come out publicly (on the street,On the bus, ) and convince people there is no GOD ? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu / Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.