Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? (20342 Views)

The Dana Plane Crash could be a ritual by the elites / TB Joshua Predicted The Dana Air Plane Crash-said It Was A Security Breach / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by LogicMind: 10:19am On Jun 09, 2012
lilkech: na wah o

logic mind & musquito , una nor dey sleep ?

anyhow sha

. . . SILENT MODE ACTIVATED . . .

i have evolved to the stage of doing away with sleep as it contributes nothing to my survival and prosperity but is actually a hinderance.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2012
Logic Mind:

i have evolved to the stage of doing away with sleep as it contributes nothing to my survival and prosperity but is actually a hinderance.

See how much of an idi.ot u are? Sleep helps ur mind function effectively. Just as food is to the body, so is sleep to the brain. Einstein slept for an average of 10 hours everyday and yet remains one of the smartest men that roamed this planet. Illogical mind my asz
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by ea7(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2012
When I hear of christians being persecuted and killed I wonder if I should cheer or weep.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2012
cryptic:

See how much of an idi.ot u are? Sleep helps ur mind function effectively. Just as food is to the body, so is sleep to the brain. Einstein slept for an average of 10 hours everyday and yet remains one of the smartest men that roamed this planet. Illogical mind my asz
So it was Einsteins sleeping habits that made him smart, Logical thinking indeed...
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2012
musKeeto:
So it was Einsteins sleeping habits that made him smart, Logical thinking indeed...

You might wanna carry out research on the benefits of sleep.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by LogicMind: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
cryptic:

sleep is useful to primitive bodies like yours.
like i said, i have evolved and my sleep genes have become redundant.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2012
Logic Mind:

You never stop to amaze me. You seem to know and have the ability to do everything. I hail U sir.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
@thehomer

No, if it were reasonable, I would believe you. I guess the devil too sees you. Are you sure that he hasn't deceived you?

Forget it mr, i don't owe you any such explanation. Sure the devil sees me, but he lives in you. You are blind and deceived.

How do you know the devil is messing with my comprehension? After all, when I wrote my first post on this thread, it was appropriately wondering how you know what you claim to know. My question still remains about how you know that it wasn't God's will that the plane should crash. He could have prevented it from crashing yet he did nothing. Have you asked yourself why?
Oh perhaps, your evolution is messing with your comprehension then. If God prevented the plane from crashing, would YOU believe that He did? Would you not attribute it to something else like luck? Who knows how many times God has been saving your behind and Danaá's, after He had given you the ability to do so? Or would you disagree that man could have prevented the crash, and the subsequent total loss of lives? i don't need to ask my self such questions as why did God not prevent the plane crash. You should be asking your government and countrymen, not God. You may be asking Adam who gave room for imperfections into the world. The world is already put on perish course by Adam's default

Aren't you believers supposed to get some benefits here on earth based on your beliefs in God? I mean how sure can one be that a God who cannot or rather would not protect his loved ones here on earth will actually be able to provide them with heaven?
Possibly you've been listening to alot of 'prosperity' preachers to come up with such view point. God has mercy on all and sundry, good and evil. It is of God's mercy that we are not consumed, because of His compassions. Without Him, you would have been long dead, and i. Material blessings are not the chief of God's promises to His children. God has promised us better things, spiritual blessings that include freedom from sin, peace with God, eternal life, unspeakable joy, unashamed hope, Heaven. Don't let me confuse you too much, i know you do not understand spiritual things.

The gain there is that the God you're talking about can provide them with pleasurable deaths here on earth and still send them to heaven. Why should he maliciously torture them?

What is your idea of a pleasurable death[b]?[/b] Do i know that you would as usual ignore the question? One man's poison is another's meat. Your idea of pleasurable death may not be pleasurable to some. You may think (say) 90years is pleasurable, some don't want to be 90years on earth. It takes one second (ithink) to die. The news people say, the crash victims were 3minutes away from their destination. That is within 3minutes, they exited this earth, i don't know what you mean by pleasurable death. It's your perspective.

The person is already dead and the person no longer needs it. You see, you're already being inconsistent when you say you wouldn't care about the body.
It's not an important decision to me, i believe you read that.

Hope is something that humans generally have.
Of course i know, just like faith.

I'm not diverting from issues I'm simply correcting a factually incorrect statement. Why don't you simply accept the correction?
That you don't know doesn't translate into me not knowing. How did Jesus Christ die?

Was Jesus' faith shaken when he was wondering why God had forsaken him? Was Peter's faith shaken when he denied Jesus?
Also, having an unshakeable religious faith isn't the good thing you're trying to portray it to be.

Typical of you not to deal with what was posted, but look for newer options to argue. Keep running away from the truth, you have strong legs. Jesus' faith was not shaken. He was not shocked or lose belief in God because He was crucified. He knew ahead of time that He would be crucified and forsaken, do you need Bible passages? It was simply a natural cry of pain. It's like when the doctor wants to inject you, you know it will be painful. But you might still scream and feel pain when it happens. Crucifixion and separation was not something the Christ was accustomed to, it was the SUFFERING/PUNISHMENT He bore for every human being.
And Peter was afraid, not in disbelief about his faith.

I don't have to speak to dead people to know that being tortured is painful. People experience pain when they're alive you know.
If life is vanity and all that, then why bother going to work?
You're speaking for them as if you know that they would have preferred another 'route'. Speak for yourself and your fantasies. i go to work because i have life. Doesn't stop me from knowing that life is vain and not as important as eternity and readiness for eternity. You can die anytime, and so can i .
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 5:05am On Jun 12, 2012
Image123: @thehomer

Forget it mr, i don't owe you any such explanation. Sure the devil sees me, but he lives in you. You are blind and deceived.

Actually, you do if you wish to claim that you're basing your arguments on reason.

Image123:
Oh perhaps, your evolution is messing with your comprehension then. If God prevented the plane from crashing, would YOU believe that He did? Would you not attribute it to something else like luck? Who knows how many times God has been saving your behind and Danaá's, after He had given you the ability to do so? Or would you disagree that man could have prevented the crash, and the subsequent total loss of lives? i don't need to ask my self such questions as why did God not prevent the plane crash. You should be asking your government and countrymen, not God. You may be asking Adam who gave room for imperfections into the world. The world is already put on perish course by Adam's default

Whether or not I believe it isn't relevant. What would be relevant is someone demonstrating that the crash was prevented by supernatural means. Attributing it to luck is reasonable since people get lucky all the time. Why not God? He is ultimately responsible for what happens in the world. Why should I be asking Adam? Do I ask your great-great-great-grandfather for reasons why you are sick today? Besides, the Adam story is simply a myth though you believe it based on religious faith.

Image123:
Possibly you've been listening to alot of 'prosperity' preachers to come up with such view point. God has mercy on all and sundry, good and evil. It is of God's mercy that we are not consumed, because of His compassions. Without Him, you would have been long dead, and i. Material blessings are not the chief of God's promises to His children. God has promised us better things, spiritual blessings that include freedom from sin, peace with God, eternal life, unspeakable joy, unashamed hope, Heaven. Don't let me confuse you too much, i know you do not understand spiritual things.

So did God suddenly decide to withdraw his compassion from all the passengers? Maybe you're simply making up those "spiritual things".

Image123:
What is your idea of a pleasurable death[b]?[/b] Do i know that you would as usual ignore the question? One man's poison is another's meat. Your idea of pleasurable death may not be pleasurable to some. You may think (say) 90years is pleasurable, some don't want to be 90years on earth. It takes one second (ithink) to die. The news people say, the crash victims were 3minutes away from their destination. That is within 3minutes, they exited this earth, i don't know what you mean by pleasurable death. It's your perspective.

Rubbish. How did I ignore the question? Claiming that you do not know that people prefer not to die in excruciating pain is simply disingenuous while at the same time, making irrelevant statements. What does saying the victims were 3 minutes from their destination have to do with what I'm saying?

Image123:
It's not an important decision to me, i believe you read that.

Now you're simply trying to be evasive. My question to you is do you care about what happens to the dead body?

Image123:
Of course i know, just like faith.

Actually, not like faith. There are several definitions of faith and some of them do not apply to all humans.

Image123:
That you don't know doesn't translate into me not knowing. How did Jesus Christ die?

How do you know how Paul died? Historians looking into it don't know so how do you know? What is the relevance of how Jesus died?

Image123:
Typical of you not to deal with what was posted, but look for newer options to argue. Keep running away from the truth, you have strong legs. Jesus' faith was not shaken. He was not shocked or lose belief in God because He was crucified. He knew ahead of time that He would be crucified and forsaken, do you need Bible passages? It was simply a natural cry of pain. It's like when the doctor wants to inject you, you know it will be painful. But you might still scream and feel pain when it happens. Crucifixion and separation was not something the Christ was accustomed to, it was the SUFFERING/PUNISHMENT He bore for every human being.
And Peter was afraid, not in disbelief about his faith.

What newer options are you talking about? The guy was crying that God had forsaken him. You seem to misunderstand what you were saying. You were talking about someone's faith being shaken not that they're feeling pain.

Image123:
You're speaking for them as if you know that they would have preferred another 'route'. Speak for yourself and your fantasies. i go to work because i have life. Doesn't stop me from knowing that life is vain and not as important as eternity and readiness for eternity. You can die anytime, and so can i .

Unless they're all masochists, they would have preferred not to die in pain. If you still think otherwise, then I suspect you're just being dishonest.
Why don't you prepare for eternity by constantly praying and meditating? Rather than surfing the net and going to work?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
@thehomer
i am not basing my answers on reason, you should know that by now, except like i suspect you have short memory or demons have been messing with your comprehension. my answers are based on premises greater than reason, the premise of faith in God.

i guess God also takes the blame for every atomic bomb set off and every nuclear warhead since He made the atom, but He should take no credits whatsover when stuff is put to good use.

on compassion, God will not continue to be compassionate to every individual's dream and hope. if He did, nobody will ever die, or go home to Heaven or to hell.

NOT FOR THE SECOND TIME, WHAT IS YOUR IDEA OF PLEASURABLE DEATH?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
The Jewish-Christian worships God punish their children.
He killed all of humanity in the flood, swept entire villages, spread plagues and famines ... sadistic ... that God is women virgin asked sacrifices of ... There may be many religious fanatics in Nigeria ... people who collect the tithe ... false prophets .... and, as I said earlier, the Jewish-Christian god loves to punish innocent.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Kay17: 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
i am not basing my answers on reason, you should know that by now, except like i suspect you have short memory or demons have been messing with your comprehension. my answers are based on premises greater than reason, the premise of faith in God.

i guess God also takes the blame for every atomic bomb set off and every nuclear warhead since He made the atom, but He should take no credits whatsover when stuff is put to good use.

on compassion, God will not continue to be compassionate to every individual's dream and hope. if He did, nobody will ever die, or go home to Heaven or to hell.

if you are not relying on Reason, then why do you bother finding a rational justification/harmonisation of God's good nature and a corrupt evil world.

Faith puts an end to discussions.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
^not if you also use faith, or at least some honesty and unbias
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Kay17: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
Image123: ^not if you also use faith, or at least some honesty and unbias

For faith to be exercised, rationality must be counted out. What can possibly be talked about in irrational mode?!
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2012

If you're not basing your answers on reason, then I'm sorry but I have to end the conversation here before we get to absurd notions like 1 + 1 = 23489.
Your claim that you're using faith rather than reason implies that faith is unreasonable.

Image123:

He does take the blame for every nuclear weapon used in war not because he made the atom but because he could have ended the war without the use of such weapons.

Image123:

The idea of burning in Hell for eternity isn't a compassionate one. Besides, God being the owner of everything and not being petty should actually be able to continue being compassionate rather than becoming a monster.

Image123:

I've answered this before. An example would be a person dying in peace in their sleep. And note that I'm not talking about a pleasurable death but about a less painful death.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
I'm not basing my answer on reason,,

CLASSIC.... hehehehehe
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by logicboy: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2012

Kai, of all the most stupid comments I have seen on Nairaland, this is by far one of the worst!

Boko Haram can claim the same thing you just wrote.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
thehomer:

If you're not basing your answers on reason, then I'm sorry but I have to end the conversation here before we get to absurd notions like 1 + 1 = 23489.
Your claim that you're using faith rather than reason implies that faith is unreasonable.

He does take the blame for every nuclear weapon used in war not because he made the atom but because he could have ended the war without the use of such weapons.

The idea of burning in Hell for eternity isn't a compassionate one. Besides, God being the owner of everything and not being petty should actually be able to continue being compassionate rather than becoming a monster.

I've answered this before. An example would be a person dying in peace in their sleep. And note that I'm not talking about a pleasurable death but about a less painful death.
as usual fine. treat your non retentive memory or mark my username. We've had similar line of conversation before. Faith in God{the One you call the Christian God} supercedes reason. Faith is not opposite of reason or without reason, it is greater than and in a more advanced plane than reason. Unfortunate that such information could melt a fuse or two in you guys anytime it's re-stated.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Kay17: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
^^
Faith follows and backs the Christian's dogma that his God and incidents of his worship MUST exist. There is nothing reason or physical evidence that is worth considering with a potential to destroy such dogma.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
^ couldn't understand your grammar o.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Kay17: 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
I said in other words that Faith is to preserve one's belief in God
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 12:16am On Jun 15, 2012
Image123:
as usual fine. treat your non retentive memory or mark my username. We've had similar line of conversation before. Faith in God{the One you call the Christian God} supercedes reason. Faith is not opposite of reason or without reason, it is greater than and in a more advanced plane than reason. Unfortunate that such information could melt a fuse or two in you guys anytime it's re-stated.

You still don't see the problem with what you're saying. Saying faith (belief in the absence of or against the available evidence) in the Christian God supersedes reason implies that you don't know or are misusing the meaning of one or more words there.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Michky: 12:53am On Jun 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

Guy, u r wrong on dis slp mata. Every human nds sleep unconditionaly. Infact, u shd c a doctor if u'r xperiencn deprivd slp. Sadly, u're allowin dat CRYPTIC idi*ot 2 score cheap points. There's a very tin (almost invincible) line between facts dese days. Its nt a suprise dat many of u r crashn in2 potholes anyhow. Best of luck 2 u all.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Michky: 1:49am On Jun 15, 2012
Kay 17: I said in other words that Faith is to preserve one's belief in God
Pls, let dose faith fo*ols (cryptic & image) die wit their ignorance. Reason can never b posible in the presence of faith. NEVER! (evry1 knows dat except dose d1mwits). I av said it b4 dat God exists but man is totaly (xcept on very rare ocasions) on his own here on earth. The plane crash is an error of man, just as d plane itself is man's act. I read sm1 (cnt remember xactly), in dis thread, talkin abt reincarnation. Wel, i pray 4 his/her confusd mind. As 4 logicmind, pls stop referin 2 God as dog. D fact dat religious denominatns r out 2 xploit d masses, decietfuly (usin 1 of d most contradictory books on earth 2da- d bible), doesnt mean there's no supernatural being smwhere. I dont know abt heaven tho. All i can tel u is as lng as there's voodoo, jazz & demons, then there has 2 b sm1 on d oda syd of d divide. Finaly, we're in a multiple automatd loop and laws keep tins in check. & Cryptic, if u hapen 2 find urself in frnt of speedin vehicle, 1 tin's 4 sure: total roasting. Yes, u'r ryt. God knows y. He knows its because u were knowingly or unknowingly foolish! Peace out!
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
thehomer:

You still don't see the problem with what you're saying. Saying faith (belief in the absence of or against the available evidence) in the Christian God supersedes reason implies that you don't know or are misusing the meaning of one or more words there.
on the contrast, it means faith is the plane in which you have any hope of relating or truly understanding God. We are discussing the Christian God here, not literature or maths. God is a Spirit, not a mind. Reason is in the mind, the deeper higher plane of spirit operates on faith, get it. binary and decimal, waves and atoms, plastic and metal.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
Image123: i am not basing my answers on reason
Dear Friends,

After that ...THE FLOOD!!
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2012
Image123:
on the contrast, it means faith is the plane in which you have any hope of relating or truly understanding God. We are discussing the Christian God here, not literature or maths. God is a Spirit, not a mind. Reason is in the mind, the deeper higher plane of spirit operates on faith, get it. binary and decimal, waves and atoms, plastic and metal.

God is not a mind but is a spirit? Interesting. But, does this God have a mind? Now can you tell me how this idea of faith that you're using helps you in any way to arrive at accurate answers?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 10:40am On Jun 16, 2012
God is a Spirit, are you that ignorant or forgetful? anyone that wants to relate with Him MUST(the Bible says) do so in the plane of spirit, faith and God/truth. Every other plane is an ultimate waste of good time.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by thehomer: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Image123: God is a Spirit, are you that ignorant or forgetful? anyone that wants to relate with Him MUST(the Bible says) do so in the plane of spirit, faith and God/truth. Every other plane is an ultimate waste of good time.

I never said he wasn't a spirit. I'm asking two questions.
1. Does this God have a mind?
2. How does this faith that you're preaching help you arrive at accurate answers?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
1. what i know is that God is a Spirit. it's pointless on whether He has a mind or no. There is NO ACCESS through the mind anyway.
2. what do you mean by accurate answers, with examples?
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Image123(m): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
thehomer
1. what i know is that God is a Spirit. it's pointless on whether He has a mind or no. There is NO ACCESS through the mind anyway.
2. what do you mean by accurate answers, with examples?

meanwhile, i didn't complete my previous post

Now you're simply trying to be evasive. My question to you is do you care about what happens to the dead body?
Thought i already said Yes i care, but that is subject, very subject to God's grand plan for me. Everyone has his/her little dreams and desires, like wanting to be the president of the whole earth, or the richest man in the world, or study medicine or whatever. but just as we can't always get all what we want physically, so also in the spiritual realm. Some would wish that they never leave this world even, but we all have to go home someday. the main issue then is are you ready to go home. What home are you going to?

Actually, not like faith. There are several definitions of faith and some of them do not apply to all humans.
stick with the Christian definition as found in Hebrews, you are 'discussing' with a christian, remember?

How do you know how Paul died? Historians looking into it don't know so how do you know? What is the relevance of how Jesus died?
I've read from historians who know how Paul died. that you haven't doesn't mean the whole world hasn't. Or you are omniscient too? Jesus' death is even more relevant than Paul. Shows you were not even following the discuss. Jesus the beloved Son of God died a 'not so pleasant death', therefore atheists like thehomer shouldn't be giving us conditions on how they expect christians to die.

What newer options are you talking about? The guy was crying that God had forsaken him. You seem to misunderstand what you were saying. You were talking about someone's faith being shaken not that they're feeling pain.
what exactly do you mean by one's faith been shaken then. Jesus didn't disbelieve God on the cross or lose trust in God or become an athiest(that to me, is faith being shaken). he simply cried out after going through an experience He had never had since forever/eternity. Like you scream when you are injected or whipped.

Unless they're all masochists, they would have preferred not to die in pain. If you still think otherwise, then I suspect you're just being dishonest.
Why don't you prepare for eternity by constantly praying and meditating? Rather than surfing the net and going to work?
well whatever name you label them, i follow them, not your opinions. And the Bible clearly speaks of them been happy and fulfilled to go through all they went through. And they did go through so much.
God did not tell me to only prepare for eternity by constantly praying and meditating. i am permitted, even commanded to work. You've not read the Bible i must say, or perhaps you read selectively and forgetfully at the same time. Ever heard of the term 'multitasking'?

you only have such views because of your pride. you think God is your mate/equal. The relationship between you and the muskeetos, cockroaches and lizards in your house is closer than your relationship to God. what a monster you must be to your neighbours.

Some have a different viewpoint. Some see it as badluck, witchcraft to die in the sleep. Some forever hold their relatives in the village in badlight for shooting an arrow on their bread winner who, to you, died peacefully in his sleep. It took the victims of the plane crash less than a minute to feel pain and die, if they all felt any even.
Re: Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Image123:
1. what i know is that God is a Spirit. .

You said:
Conclusion 1. JEOVAH, YAWEH are spirits.
Conclusion 2. Those who worship spirits is spiritist.

You said it.

My respects.!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu / Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.