Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Getting Married & Still Mingling With Unmarried Friends... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married & Still Mingling With Unmarried Friends... (744 Views)

I Want To Ban My Fiancee From Mingling With Nigerian Girls / My Ex (married) Still Wants A Feel Of Me!!! / My Ex That Is Married Still Wants Me Back.what Do I Do My Fellow Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Married & Still Mingling With Unmarried Friends... by marvelck: 8:20am On Jun 05, 2012
I was talking to a guy the other day on my way back from a trip. and in the cause of our discussion, we also talked about single guys and getting married. He was really displeased with the way some young married guys are so much involved in extra marital affairs these days, (some with prostitutes), despite the fact that they are 'happily' married. Some of whom are his colleagues at work. according to him, there are some who keep their wives in another town, so as to be able to have flings and affairs with enough girls. He believes once a guy is married, he should do away with those things that would tarnish his image as a married man. and he should also do away with friends that are still single and that might be a bad influence to him. cos definitely a single guy that flirts alot wont be of any good to a married man. He believes a married guy is bound to be influenced negatively if he keps hanging out with unmarried friends. And that's the case with most married men, who stick around womanizing friends that are still single. So, should married guys stay away from unmarried friends, in order to keep their 'sanity' or should they dine with them with a long spoon? to me, except you want to do it, that's when someone can easily influence you. so, married guys who are still having flings and affairs with other women and using one excuse or the other for doing such are just looking for an excuse to justify their actions. Same thing also apply to a married lady who still maintain contact with some of her unmarried friends. some men dont like seeing their wives associate with unmarried friends. they tend to believe they are bound to be a bad influence to their wives. they do their best to cut off their wives from such friends. citing all sort of excuses/reasons for taking such an action. cos most times, an unmarried female friend might want to go to parties, club, cinema houses or to events where they are likely to meet or flirt with men. and from there anything can happen. and a married lady could start getting ideas after accompanying a friend(s)to such places and mingling with other men or ladies. Abi no be so? Like what happened between a couple, who started having serious issues after the wife went with her friend to visit an 'uncle' (you know most of these so called uncles are really not their uncles). and before you knew it, she was introduced to another 'uncle' who started spoiling her silly with gifts, attention, leisure trips and money. and it didnt take long before she started having second thoughts about her marriage. Presently, their families are trying to resolve the issue. But the woman's heart is already elsewhere (bought), and she's determined to move on with the other man... You see what we are talking about. Most times, its advisable to be wise and cautious if you are married and still want to maintain contact with friends that are still single. Nobody can force you or influence you to become like him or her, except you want to...the power dey your hand!

Re: Getting Married & Still Mingling With Unmarried Friends... by Mynd44: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2012
The guy's theory is bull. A guy that will cheat will cheat. It does not matter if he hangs out with married, gay, lesbian or animals
Re: Getting Married & Still Mingling With Unmarried Friends... by slimyem: 9:23am On Jun 05, 2012
first, please learn to use paragraphs when posting long speeches like this.
Secondly,are you saying i'm supposed to dump my married friends just cuz they are single...huh?
What manner of bullshit is that really?cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Brothers And Sisters On NL.. Pls I Need Ur Advice / How Altar-ready are you? / Should They Fall Apart Because Their Blood Group Is AS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.