Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University (17356 Views)

Professor's Wife Bags Ph.d In Mathematics, Son Bags Degree In Engineering. Photo / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo / Robbers Storm Some Banks At Babcock University, Carted Away Lots of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by maasoap(m): 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
tanimola22:

I am responding to this post because I assume you can substantiate your claims.

Might you be willing to let us know how you came about your conclusion? Have you ever done a PhD at a private university and got it in less than 3 years? Do you think that long years translate to quality PhD?

Have you people even tried to inquire about her academic performance at UI? Abi she did Master's at UI.

Let us criticize with facts.

T22.
My guy, I respect you a lot on this forum because I know that you're intellectually endowed. But at times you need to consider something before going on and on defending things. I agree with you that the backbone of any PhD is the ability to research but Naija private universities are fraud at its best. Imagine 82 first class out of 1,095 graduates. Just tell me you didn't doubt it. Private universities where you rarely see third class and those are the students who couldn't meet public universities cut off marks most especially post UTME exams. I have nothing to substantiate here. But sometimes, we like to live in denial and that's when we tell people to prove their claim beyond reasonable doubts. I do not doubt the girl's ability here but those private universities are fraud.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by nerodenero: 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
Thumbup to the lady.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by jesusboi1: 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2012
Phd in a private university at dt age is nt a record now...try it in a federal uni, den i wil even mak u my bb display pix as a naija record holder..im nt impressd but congrats 2 d recipient
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by goldenboi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
life_style: Lecturers in Government Universities are sadist undecided

I have been on my Phd For over 20years now undecided sad undecided

20 years?
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by goldenboi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
jesusboi1: Phd in a private university at dt age is nt a record now...try it in a federal uni, den i wil even mak u my bb display pix as a naija record holder..im nt impressd but congrats 2 d recipient

true!!
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by chemashie(m): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
tanimola22:

They may say it is fraud again.

Which department is that, please?

T22
I think from botany department, she was the best postgraduate student during convocation. She graduated with first class, she proceeded to MPhil/PhD without MSc. I learnt she did all her MSc courses and passed them brilliantly.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by dare0834(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
maasoap: My guy, I respect you a lot on this forum because I know that you're intellectually endowed. But at times you need to consider something before going on and on defending things. I agree with you that the backbone of any PhD is the ability to research but Naija universities are fraud at its best. Imagine 82 first class out of 1,095 graduates. Just tell me you didn't doubt it. Private universities where you rarely see third class and those are the students who couldn't meet public universities cut off marks most especially post UTME exams. I have nothing to substantiate here. But sometimes, we like to live in denial and that's when we tell people to prove their claim beyond reasonable doubts. I do not doubt the girl's ability here but those private universities are fraud.

You can't graduate from babcock without having a C in all your courses, anything less than a C, you would have to resit the course, with that you cannot leave the school with a 3rd class
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
jesusboi1: Phd in a private university at dt age is nt a record now...try it in a federal uni, den i wil even mak u my bb display pix as a naija record holder..im nt impressd but congrats 2 d recipient

Babcock for that matter mitscheeew.... glorified secondary school. tongue
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by maasoap(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
dare0834:

You can't graduate from babcock without having a C in all your courses, anything less than a C, you would have to resit the course, with that you cannot leave the school with a 3rd class
And when you wrote a particular semester exam and you scored "grin" in two courses. It means those Ds would not be recorded because if they're recorded, it would definitely affect your CGPA. Are you now telling me that if I write an exam and score 5 Ds but I'm allowed to rewrite it so that I can score As is not a fraud?
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by ahamdiheme: 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
That's awesome!! I hope she has contributed to knowledge with evidence of valuable conference and journal publications. If she has published work, I would respect her more but all the same I rejoice with her.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by porka: 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good, very brilliant.

It would have been better to chronicle these achievements with dates though, starting from their dates of birth.

Very good.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by braine(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
chemashie:
I think from botany department, she was the best postgraduate student during convocation. She graduated with first class, she proceeded to MPhil/PhD without MSc. I learnt she did all her MSc courses and passed them brilliantly.
Yeah. Right. Shes very good. Shes a lecturer now.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Eaglesman(m): 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
freecocoa: Abeg o,when did the two of them start attending school?in the womb?

Btw how many years course is law again?
that should be their school age,I guess.their real age is above that.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by beamed: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
tanimola22:

Congrats. She still has many years ahead of her. Many more things to achieve at a very young age. If she keeps working hard and getting the requisite international recognition in her field, she may become a full professor well before 40.

This is the type of news that we should hear.

Congrats again. We wish you an auspicious academic career.

T22.

Believe you me, this lady will be a prof before 32. This is incredible. I love this. Congrats!
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by seunjoe: 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
GET THE SKILL, GET YOUR DREAM JOB IN OIL COMPANY & MULTINATIONALS

PDMS, PRIMAVERA (PROJECT MANAGEMENT), AUTOCAD, OIL AND GAS TRAINING

10% discount for corp members and / or a group of 5

call 08035733348 TO REGISTER
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by mission08: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
maasoap: And when you wrote a particular semester exam and you scored "grin" in two courses. It means those Ds would not be recorded because if they're recorded, it would definitely affect your CGPA. Are you now telling me that if I write an exam and score 5 Ds but I'm allowed to rewrite it so that I can score As is not a fraud?
Hmmm. this is the best part, imagine that, I wish I had that priviledge cheesy shocked .

Congrats to her all the same. As it is said "the end justifies the means", whether she attended Babcock or UI or UNN or UNILAG (sorry MAUL or whatever) she is now a Ph.D holder. Shekana
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
tanimola22:

How many naija PhD from Federal and State Universities can stand foot to foot with their mates internationally?

Have you all tried to bother whether her work was published in a top international journal that many PhD holders can only dream about? Have you all bothered to know whether she had a co-supervisor from another country, say US or UK, who made sure she did a world class thesis?

Anyway sha, any naija PhD holder that thinks this girl does not merit her PhD should come out and state why.

T22

What do you mean? Jonathan can stand foot to foot and hand to hand, even mouth to mouth with any international phd holder!

1 Like

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by oadeyeye: 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
Phd my foot!!, na beans go abroad and try, you never will graduate in 5yrs
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
[size=18pt]Nigerian bags 7 awards at City University of New York’s graduation day

[/size]

A Nigerian graduate at the Lehman College, the City University of New York (CUNY), Olu Onemola, has received seven awards at the university's 2012 graduation ceremony.

A graduate of Political Science at Lehman, young Onemola, the son of Bukun-olu Onemola, Nigeria’s Deputy Ambassador at the United Nations in New York, received the distinguished "Golden Key’’ award, otherwise referred to as International Honour Society.

The "Golden Key’’ award is an academic honour society for high-achieving scholars.

Other awards are the Pi Sigma Alpha, National Honour Society in Political Science, and The Jacob Hammer Memorial Prize in English which is awarded to a student leading in theatre performance.

He also won the Edgar Dawson Prize in Political and Legal Theory which is an award to the outstanding Political Science graduate with the strongest portfolio of political and legal essays.

Onemola also received the CUNY Vice-Chancellor's Excellence in Leadership Award, and he similarly received the Cum Laude award.

This is a Latin term that signifies "With Honours", a distinction bestowed on graduates that fall within a 3.4 to a 3.59 GPA on a four-point scale.

Speaking with NAN on the awards, the elated Onemola said they had inspired him to continue to thrive in all his endeavours, regardless of any obstacles that might stand on his way.

"My impression is that hard work definitely pays off. Being able to achieve such feats, while serving as the President of the Student Government, is a testament to hard work,’’ he said.

http://envisionnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=20&id=1091&Itemid=136
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by reality02: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
@oadeyeye shut up,stop spewing rubbish here some years back yewande from ekiti state bags PH.D from houston texas university at 22 years old a pharmicist so what is d big deal?
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
This thread really got me cracking up, what with the
1. Chosed Babcock

2. Feet to achieve

3. Literature in JS3

4. Weeping for hours cos you were called olodo (typical Naija yab o)

Even dat boy in CU claims he was a dullard before, and suddenly he had 4.98. Seems d new criteria for making a good gpa is being a dullard for a while.

4 Likes

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by zombader(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
I attended her secondary school nd she was my two years snr.as rgds d literature in jss3,it is d habit of d school to split English languge into grammar nd literature so as to familiarize d students to d literature aspect of d jsce exam.Besides d school is called king"s international college and not king"s international school.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by akinnux(m): 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
How manage? She bagged master degree in 2010 and Ph.D. in mid 2012. Was there no course work? Did she collect and analyse any data at all?

3 Likes

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Lakkay: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
life_style: Lecturers in Government Universities are sadist undecided

I have been on my Phd For over 20years now undecided sad undecided

Painfully true. I am also a victim but have decided to consider alternatives.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Revolva(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nigerians and over education still yet we can't produce a pin
Omo no be by phd jare na who whole plenty money dey talk for naija ooo make she know oooo

1 Like

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Sike(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
crackhouse: Too long. 'Ve got no time now.
Same here
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by jamesyins(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Congrats to her
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
braine:
Yeah. Right. Shes very good. Shes a lecturer now.

The same unilag I went to? Forget all that story...the Nigerian education system is trash...when You go out there it is an entirely different ball game...

1 Like

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
Revolva: Nigerians and over education still yet we can't produce a pin
Omo no be by phd jare na who whole plenty money dey talk for naija ooo make she know oooo

Bros God bless you. With all the professors and your president that has a phd...what impact has been made? Once you have money to dole out, anything is feasible. All you see is fraud, tribalism, myopic reasoning, negativity...
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
akinnux: How manage? She bagged master degree in 2010 and Ph.D. in mid 2012. Was there no course work? Did she collect and analyse any data at all?

God bless you ooo..

2 Likes

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by tlops(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
maasoap: And when you wrote a particular semester exam and you scored "grin" in two courses. It means those Ds would not be recorded because if they're recorded, it would definitely affect your CGPA. Are you now telling me that if I write an exam and score 5 Ds but I'm allowed to rewrite it so that I can score As is not a fraud?
That is how it should be. it means anything less than C is considered failed. Then you re-write without carry over.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by braine(m): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Revolva: Nigerians and over education still yet we can't produce a pin
Yes we have so many Ph.Ds. All we need now are "Ph.Do"s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unijos Alumni Contribute Money To Help Mentally Challenged Classmate (Video) / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad / JSS Entry Age Limit: Lagos Debunks Viral Report On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.