Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? (15215 Views)

Top 10 Problem Facing Nigeria Youth 2015 / Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock / What Are Economic Problems Facing Nigeria And Possible Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by brabus(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2012
Nigeria is facing economic disaster on a scale few nations have ever experienced. Most people are unaware of the easily observable signs of this crisis, where it came from and how to stop it. While we persist in our 'giant of Africa' mentality, we have quietly
become a third-class country in many respects.
I am starting this thread to see what other people thought our problems consisted of.

1. We no longer produce what we need to
sustain ourselves.
2. We import much more than we export
3. We are selling off our assets
4. We are taking on massive debts to sustain a standard of living we can no longer afford.
5. We have budget deficit.
6. We are gradually sinking into recession.
7. We do have policy deficit.
8. Unemployment is stubbornly high
9. We do not have big thinkers running the our states any more, now we have fine tuners.
10. We barely get by.
11. Lack of accountability. Everyone has someone else to blame for any problems, without thinking about how do I contribute to this problem, and what can I do?
12. Corruption in every nook and corners.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by brabus(m): 5:34am On Oct 06, 2012
Which way Nigeria?
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by floriana(m): 6:46am On Oct 06, 2012
brabus: Nigeria is facing economic disaster on a scale few nations have ever experienced. Most people are unaware of the easily observable signs of this crisis, where it came from and how to stop it. While we persist in our 'giant of Africa' mentality, we have quietly
I am starting this thread to see what other people thought our problems consisted of.

sustain ourselves.
4. We are taking on massive debts to sustain a standard of living we can no longer afford.
9. We do not have big thinkers running the our states any more, now we have fine tuners.
10. We barely get by.
11. Lack of accountability. Everyone has someone else to blame for any problems, without thinking about how do I contribute to this problem, and what can I do?
The existence of people like you is the greatest problem facing Naija
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2012
floriana:
Please, can you explain how?

I am wondering what the Poster said that qualifies him to belong to the camp of "non existent".
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by valen2ony(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2012
brabus: Nigeria is facing economic disaster on a scale few nations have ever experienced. Most people are unaware of the easily observable signs of this crisis, where it came from and how to stop it. While we persist in our 'giant of Africa' mentality, we have quietly

sustain ourselves.
10. We barely get by.

SOLUTION to our PROBLEMS.

1.If there is a way to stop corruption from the Presidency downward.
this will make it possible for us to properly manage our resources.

2.We (Nigeria)should stop borrowing money and Advice from IMF.
Because,the "Terms and Condition" that applies in getting the mo#£¥(lLoan) is part of what is killing the country.

3.Instead of destroying and labelling "those" refinaries "illegal";the govt.
Organize a well Planned Program of Action whereby all the local refinary will be under a body and controlled by Govt. Policy (to the benefit of everyone in the country )just like our GSM.
By this,there will be total eradication of fuel importation.
NB:we all know why they don't want our Local refinares to work!!!!

3.Political Office holders(from the Presidency,downwards) should start using the same salary scheme as the civil servants.
by so doing,Politics in Nigeria will not be a do or die affair and more educated,trust-worthy and serious minded people will be encouraged to come into Politics.

HOWEVER,if all this did not work out or is taking too Looooooooog.
we will apply the "ULTIMATE SHORTCUT"

who can guess the term shortcut here?
abeg,make una post.....
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by floriana(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
noblezone:

I am wondering what the Poster said that qualifies him to belong to the camp of "non existent".
Are you his solicitor?
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by KingSolomonI: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
noblezone:

Me too i wonder o!
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by Horus(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2012

We need a new law. Corruption in Nigeria is a crime that should draws capital punishment. Nigeria should also have extradition agreements with most of the countries harbouring the Nigerian fugitives guilty of corruption crimes.
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by brabus(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
Another problem in Nigeria is education. It seems that Nigeria is progressing in terms of education but I don't think so. We have more certificates than ever but we are less educated.

We are more literate but less aware. Less aware of duties and moralities. We have more information at our disposal, but lack wisdom to put that information to proper use.
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by Sunofgod(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by Clerverly: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
This is no-brainer, Retardeen ofcourse tongue
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
floriana:

explain?
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by neyogasgas: 9:35am On May 18, 2015
floriana:

Are you his solicitor?

You really strike as one who has a deficit of common sense. What has he said to warrant the insult
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 9:37am On May 18, 2015
@Op Our biggest problem is corruption

Nigeria has people who can move this nation forward, but we stopped using merit a long time ago for things like employment and political appointments. Futhermore, the citizens trusted the system so much that they didn't care to fight for injustice when it really mattered, so slowly the unqualified persons, greedy people and power usurpers slowly took hostage of the nation and spread the disease, and we found ourselves powerless for too long..
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by xmich(m): 10:24am On May 18, 2015
Our leaders are our main problem
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by ricki: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Y O U
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria's problems are numerous. The country is cursed.
Re: What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? by n3xt(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2016
Buying a Land or Building in Lagos: Know the Setback Requirements.

Planning is a system that orders the use and development of land for the benefit of our communities. The overall aim of planning is to ensure a balance between enabling development while at the same time conserving and protecting the environment and local amenities. The idea is to create better and balanced environment for people to live, work, play, pray, recreate and move around with utmost ease.

https://nexthomedesigns.com/2016/05/26/building-in-lagos-know-the-setback-requirements/

(1) (Reply)

Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians / Nigerian Politicians More Interested In Women - Utomi / Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.