Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,985 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Detonated Or Disarmed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detonated Or Disarmed? (577 Views)

Kano Mosque Attack: Bombs Were Detonated By A Strange 'white Man'- Survivor / Boko Haram: ‘IBB Disarmed The Military’ / 75-Year-Old Man Disarmed Four Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Detonated Or Disarmed? by jereal(m): 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Is it me not seeing properly or what...!? else...
Why do Nigerian papers always use the word detonate instead of disarm or defuse...!!!
Security operatives discover a bomb & prevent it from exploding, the media say the police successfully found & detonated a bomb...!
What the hell...!? I've seen this countless times...

An instance...

The Police Commissioner, Mr
Emmanuel Ayeni, said the officers
were able to detonate one of the
bombs while the second exploded,
injuring no person.

He said, “When my officers and men
with the Anti-Bomb Squad arrived in
the scene, they were able to detonate
the second bomb and luckily, the one
that exploded did not harm anybody
or cause damage to the hostel block.
’’

www.punchng.com/news/police-uncover-bomb-in-unijos/
Re: Detonated Or Disarmed? by amaham(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
It seems u have huge expectations from de IQ of an average nigerian policeman. Keep dreamin
Re: Detonated Or Disarmed? by jereal(m): 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
I think the error is from the journalist...
I'm pretty sure the commissioner and his anti-bomb squad knew exactly what they were sayinggrin

(1) (Reply)

Please Leave God Out Of The Dana Air Crash!!!! / What Does Patience Jonathan Want To Do With Bayelsa Civil Service Salary ? / State Of The Nation: Open Letter To Mr President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.