Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Why Is UK Visa So Expensive - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is UK Visa So Expensive (11440 Views)

10 Things UK Illegal Immigrants Cannot Do - Is UK That Worth It Anymore? / Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? / Why Is UK So Expensive??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Is there a reason why UK visa is so expensive and all others are apparently cheaper? a schengen visa that will take me to even more countries costs less, U.S visa is cheaper as well. I really don't know how much other visas are but I hear they're cheaper as well.
So, Please, is there anyone who knows if i'm right in assuming this, and if i'm right, any idea why its so?
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
Abeg,Una de forbid to reply me for this nairaland? Justwise u sef no see this matter as i see am?
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
Oya..i don help u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by kpolli(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
Cos more ppl apply to UK compared to other places
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
do you have the statistics to proove? I'd have thot more people apply to USA than uk. . . .
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
moroh: Oya..i don help u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

meanwhile,thank u jare smiley smiley
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by rafcrown(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
Just to reduce no of people coming,they keep on increasing vis fees every April.
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Geminilove(f): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
rafcrown, got in one to keep the applicant lower and the cost to run the high commission in Nigeria is expensive.

1 Like

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
Geminilove: rafcrown, got in one to keep the applicant lower and the cost to run the high commission in Nigeria is expensive.

they'r not the only ones inNigeria na. how do others keep their visa costs low?
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Freiburger(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2012
Are they selling the visa? Or does visa have a price list?
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2012
Freiburger: Are they selling the visa? Or does visa have a price list?

e kuku get pricelist o. if u want 6 months, see d price, 10yrs own de sef. wink
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Yorisb: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
.....'Cos it's the GREAT Britain! undecided
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by mbhs139(m): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
ti-ebe:
Abeg,Una de forbid to reply me for this nairaland? Justwise u sef no see this matter as i see am?

Na wetin you self dey find up and down, you no go sit don for where dem born you? Na so huna go dey find wetin no loss everywhere. So, because GEJ don go brazil now you self wan go UK, o fe salo abi? God is watching you o!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Fesisko(m): 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
mbhs139:

Na wetin you self dey find up and down, you no go sit don for where dem born you? Na so huna go dey find wetin no loss everywhere. So, because GEJ don go brazil now you self wan go UK, o fe salo abi? God is watching you o!
lol.u get mouthu.hahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
ti-ebe:
do you have the statistics to proove? I'd have thot more people apply to USA than uk. . . .
u dey see yasef dem no wan talk u dey complain now u dey mumu.
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
it's because they are poor and stingy(English word = conservative)so they need all these monies to run their God forsaken economy.

Cheap Visa fee = 3 to 4 pple out of every 10 likely to get a Visa

Expensive Visa fee = 6 to 7 pple out of every 10 lio get a Visa
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Konnektions146(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
UK no get money,
the country is bein ran from de monies gotten from international engagemennts, wondered y schooling in UK aint difficult cos dey need yur money.

but y una no go siddon for yur country sef??
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by slimming: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Many black people prefer going to UK than US, so demand will surely determine the supply.
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Tattooboy: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
kpolli: Cos more ppl apply to UK compared to other places
wrong. US records more immigrant than any other country on the world.
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by kiviglomi: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
na tiff dem be, i hate UK with their broke as... lipsrsealed and rubish visa fee. f... lipsrsealed them all. oya @ OP sidon for ur country, where you wan go sef. na wah o! grin
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Legalplayerz: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
The price of UK visa affects every country that they have an High Commission in. They raise the price to generate income, they are making a lot of cuts in the UK and they need money, so they raise price of visa fee. Its all for income.

1 Like

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by pato405(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
UK !!!! stay away from UK. they demand money by all means necessary. they don't have any other means of generating money other than tax and fleecing visa fees. before you come into the UK, you think so highly of them..but when you get in, the high profile you hold them drops. since I came in, i've really been disappointed at them. they reek money from all angles. tax everything taxable, bills bills bills - water light telephone internet e.t.c. before you know it, the little money you are making goes back into their greedy system. angry angry angry angry angry. however, they are organised sha even to a fault. grin grin grin

so, think well before you move o! cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by bigx(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
pato405: UK !!!! stay away from UK. they demand money by all means necessary. they don't have any other means of generating money other than tax and fleecing visa fees. before you come into the UK, you think so highly of them..but when you get in, the high profile you hold them drops. since I came in, i've really been disappointed at them. they reek money from all angles. tax everything taxable, bills bills bills - water light telephone internet e.t.c. before you know it, the little money you are making goes back into their greedy system. angry angry angry angry angry. however, they are organised sha even to a fault. grin grin grin

so, think well before you move o! cool

Why I love Nigeria :-D

1 Like

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by 9jauk: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
Pounds is powerful!!!.................................................no be kobo kobo or Naira pls na Pounds Sterling ,no be dollr wey zimbabwe dey use Pls,singing,collect visa co i bet u go change ur mind,absolute organise society..racism forget..u go endure call me when u reach>>>>Lucky starsssssssssssssss
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
mbhs139:

LOL! Why I go sitdown na? even pple wey de village no mind see city small!

obakovich:
u dey see yasef dem no wan talk u dey complain now u dey mumu.

Chai! you sabi vex o. person no fit as' queshion again?

Tattooboy: wrong. US records more immigrant than any other country on the world.

I would've thot so as well.

and er for some of you 'worried' that i've refused to sit at home. . . I didnt say i wanted to run or move out of Nigeria. I enjoy traveling that's all. its my expensive hobby grin grin grin grin so, make una no vex say d 'dear' visa de baffle me.
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by 9jauk: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
bigx:

Why I love Nigeria :-D

BUT GUY U KNOW THEY REASON ,A COUNTRY THAT IS GOVERN BY ROGUES U STILL THEY BELEIVE IN AM, W T F !!!
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
Abeg which market I go see one buy and for how much? I check yaba market earlier still couldn't find one

1 Like

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by sadyeek(m): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
[size=16pt]how much is the moeny in question here? I am just seeing words and no figures![/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by 9jauk: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]how much is the moeny in question here? I am just seeing words and no figures![/size]
bOY SADYEEK U DEY jOKE...NA POUNDS U DEY FOLLOW DEY DRAG,W T F!!!!
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by tiebe: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
colly227: Abeg which market I go see one buy and for how much? I check yaba market earlier still couldn't find one

Er. . . which one u wan buy? wink

sadyeek: [size=16pt]how much is the moeny in question here? I am just seeing words and no figures![/size]

the price de dia site o. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/fees/#resultTableAnchor
Re: Why Is UK Visa So Expensive by kramer: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
Well if you think about it the visa grants you access to 4 countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

(1) (2) (Reply)

Portugal Visa Lagos / Kano-lagos Passenger Train Collides With Truck In Kaduna. / How To Get Settled In Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.