Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport (16897 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Power Outage At Uyo Airport Forced Plane To Return Back To Abuja / British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport (2) (3) (4)

Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ocelot2006(m): 6:25am On Jun 07, 2012
Heavy rainfall? Then I'm definitely sure the Pilot abandoned the first attempt to land due to serious cross-winds. That was definitely a good call by the air crew.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by pdpiperpippen: 6:28am On Jun 07, 2012
Dear Lauwd!
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2012
all4naija: All old planes should be grounded by now in Nigeria. What is the aviation minister waiting for? Does he want the zombie planes to kill more people before taking such important action?

Really? What if some of these old planes are superbly maintained ?
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Onyatinu: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2012
:[quote author=Obipat][Obviously u r an illiterate wat do U expect GEJ to do Everything dat goes wrong in d country is GEJ dat is d cause. May be wen ur papa goes into power everything fine. See ur mouthtonguetonguetongue
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Onyatinu: 6:37am On Jun 07, 2012
[quote author=shollyaj]Laff won tear my belle......This is a shocker. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked 9ja una no de carry last. Aero plane missing. LWKMD![U no understand engish The plane landed safely. Na una type be enemies of progresstonguetonguetonguetongue]
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by kenjudy(m): 6:47am On Jun 07, 2012
“Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.” ~Matthew 26:26-29

“So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.” ~John 6:53-56

“The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? ~1 Corinthians 10:16

“For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died”. ~1 Corinthians 11:26:30
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Roland17(m): 6:48am On Jun 07, 2012
Am not disappointed!!! angry
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2012
It's not always advisable to travel by air during raining season and what the Fu-ck does the meteorological agencies do in Nigeria ?
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Illusionist: 7:00am On Jun 07, 2012
Nigeria again
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 07, 2012
THE FEAR OF AEROPLANE IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM! LORD HAVE MERCY ON NAIJA PEOPLE.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ibrash600: 7:09am On Jun 07, 2012
lawd av mercy
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by kutchs: 7:11am On Jun 07, 2012
@Obipat, offcourse it has to be Jonathan‘s fault is it not? Am sure Jonathan is responsible for ur miserable life.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by stepo707: 7:12am On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: Are there any Indians/Chinese/Pakistanis/Moroccans etc working there? let's create a thread to bash these set of foreigners too since we have a bunchh of Nigerians here who are not just mindless tribalists(haters of those from other ethnic groups within Nigerians) but Xenophobes and racists, and believe bashing foreigners is same as defending Nigeria

You this junkie, why the hell do you hell nigerians so much? Its like you dont have an idea how most of those foreigners demean us in our own land.Although i dont blame them,i blme the nigerians that love kissing white peoples ass.Mtcheeew!
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by zoogy2007: 7:12am On Jun 07, 2012
Whats the big deal about a pilot making a second attempt at landing in bad weather? It happens frequently. This is no news abeg. Mschew!!!
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by fluxbush(f): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2012
shollyaj: Laff won tear my belle......This is a shocker. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked 9ja una no de carry last. Aero plane missing. LWKMD!
olodo
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Solarinnergy: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2012
Thank God dere ws no krash again. grin
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ebamma(m): 7:20am On Jun 07, 2012
before boarding a naija plane please remember to write your will and after that your suicide note.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Solarinnergy: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2012
My broda na true talk jor. Na we 9jarians dy fall our own hnds.Sum 9jarians r jst so stupid. angry
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ceejayluv(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2012
kenjudy: “Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.” ~Matthew 26:26-29

“So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.” ~John 6:53-56

“The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? ~1 Corinthians 10:16

“For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died”. ~1 Corinthians 11:26:30
OFF POINT!!
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by malc619(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2012
kenjudy: “Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.” ~Matthew 26:26-29

"Most truly I say unto thee, THOU HATH S.T.Ʊ.P.I.D"
Nairaland 1:3
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by StoneNigeria: 7:39am On Jun 07, 2012
Somtym i feel as if air is d only means of trans, since dem as govt ve refused 2 giv gud roads, stop unemployment, na air transport dem go use resign frm work wer dem no 1employ.dem d used our moni 4flight n dem tin God d slip. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by question(m): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2012
Warning signs of another ticking time bomb.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Neoviper147: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2012
Obipat: Gej for come akwaibom come shade crocordile tears n go back 2 aso rock 2 eat #3m food evryday,Rubbish

Dont you ever in your miserable and low life insurt my President. angry angry
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Neoviper147: 7:50am On Jun 07, 2012
hardywaltz: Na so play play dey take turn serious. From near miss to mishap/tragedy. This is the tym for govt to have a sit down with all airlines and review/reinforce existing rules. Not shedding crocodile tears and rushing back to ASO Rock to eat cassava bread and Gucci tea.

Dont you ever in your miserable and low life insurt my President. angry angryYou be big fool.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by softtouch2(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2012
It seems many don't know what it means by " missing runway" during a bad weather. At any landing, visibility to runway MUST NOT be less than 300 meter, that is the standard for all plane during landing. If the visibility is less, the Plane will be forced to try another approach for landing, which is known as missing the initial run way. This happen a lot during both foggy hamattan, snow and raining season.
I just wonder why press is making stories from a normal procedure.
Are you saying plane should crash land during bad weather?

Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ceejayluv(m): 7:58am On Jun 07, 2012
At last, an enlightened one...
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 07, 2012
soft-touch:
It seems many don't know what it means by " missing runway" during a bad weather. At any landing, visibility to runway MUST NOT be less than 300 meter, that is the standard for all plane during landing. If the visibility is less, the Plane will be forced to try another approach for landing, which is known as missing the initial run way. This happen a lot during both foggy hamattan, snow and raining season.
I just wonder why press is making stories from a normal procedure.
Are you saying plane should crash land during bad weather?

Just one single word says it all ''Ignorance'' .
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by absulo(m): 8:07am On Jun 07, 2012
the pilot ran into rainstorm as he was about to drop on the tarmac and had to make a brave decision not to land. he aborted the landing and instead went to land at the calabar airport. the passengers were brought back to uyo when the weather was confirmed ok. we(the passengers) really commended the pilot for the decision when we finally landed at uyo.

Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Kizilala: 8:12am On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: Are there any Indians/Chinese/Pakistanis/Moroccans etc working there? let's create a thread to bash these set of foreigners too since we have a bunchh of Nigerians here who are not just mindless tribalists(haters of those from other ethnic groups within Nigerians) but Xenophobes and racists, and believe bashing foreigners is same as defending Nigeria

You are also one of the mindless tribalists.Have u forgotten you derive joy in bashing Igbos or are you having selective amnesia?
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by 1025: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2012
i said it the other time and nobody believed me. fani kayode told us that cultists were responsible for the air mis-harps in nigeria before because they were blood thirsty.
my mind is telling me that these guys are back. pdp is a cult and they must need blood every day. let us watch out for this issue. we must stop pdp or face these things again.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Henley96: 8:27am On Jun 07, 2012
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by LordReed(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2012

Do you need to provoke such? This was not a case of bad maintenance so there is no need to "bash" anyone.

If anyone, foreigners and indigenes alike do not perform their expected duties then it bashing open season on them.

Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona / 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo / What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House