Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts (1462 Views)

Now That The Gworo Master Has Decided To Wade Into The Syrian War / Graphics Images: Traders Want Ambode To Wade Into Ile-epo Market Mayhem / Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by jason123: 1:26am On Jun 07, 2012
By Olayemi Fofah

The House of representatives committee on industry has recently expressed concern over the controversial seizure and auctioning of 25 containers bearing CKD{Completely Knocked Down} parts belonging to an industrialist, Chief, Dr. Innocent Chukwuma.

The committee which were on a working visit to Innoson Plastic Plant at Emene, Enugu state were shocked when the Chairman of the company ,Dr Chukwuma explained how the customs impounded the components imported for the assembly of motorcycles by his company, which were later sold to unknown buyers without compensation to his company.

The committee which comprised ten lawmakers has promised to wade into the matter as they were amazed by the actions of customs services. “My main problem now is how to settle the banks that have financed the importation. My ordeal started in 2004 when the 25 containers valued then at N800 million were imported, but impounded and later sold by the customs service officials.

“I have gone to court to seek redress, judgment was delivered in my favor, but the customs only paid 30 per cent of the whole sum and refused to pay the balance. I have tried within my capacity to pay some part of the money to the banks that financed the business yet they are still threatening and harassing me with Economic and Financial Crimes Commission {EFCC} officials” he explained.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/reps-wade-into-innosons-auctioned-parts/
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by bashr8: 2:06am On Jun 07, 2012
na wa oo
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by manny4life(m): 2:13am On Jun 07, 2012
Nigeria for you... The court who granted him judgement can't they place a lien on them? Just asking...?
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by belovedaja(m): 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
Because he is an igboman
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by achi4u(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2012
enviousness!
thank GOD Innson is very rich,no body can bring him down.

abeg Inno,sent for another 50containers
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
and our fg thinks we can get private investors into the country. . .
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by LogicMind: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
inno, please import arms for the sake of your children and your children's children.
biafra must be free.
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by achi4u(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind: inno, please import arms for the sake of your children and your children's children.
biafra must be free.
this incident will make him think thwise and import egbe
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by LongOne1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
The greatest enemy of Nigeria is still Nigerians.
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by ACM10: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
I hope that Ogugua88 gets to read this.

I hope that Yoruba folkz has now realized why Igbo businessmen don't break into Forbes list.
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by ikeyman00(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
@@@@@

una see am
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by otokx(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
Would have liked to hear the side of the customs story. Why did Innoson not appeal directly to GEJ if not directly at least through his state governor? Doing business in Nigeria is not easy; so many obstacles on the way.
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by aljharem(m): 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
SMH, Those custom officers should be sued for everything they have. How can a hard working man enjoy the fruit of his labour in Nigeria angry angry angry angry
Re: Reps Wade Into Innoson’s Auctioned Parts by Murphy7h4: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Missing Persons In Our Political Enclave / All The Photos From Today's Memorial Service For Dana Air Crash Victims / W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.