Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. (886 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. by sirrinky: 9:09am On Jun 07, 2012
Please guys i need your help. i have 4 desktops running windows x.p service pack 2. i wanted to network them together with my h.p printer that has a lan port. I bought a d-link swith/router the 8-port type and then bought cables. i connected them all together and installed all necessary drivers. when the rounter is turned on the system detects that a lan cable has been been plugged in but it keeps saying LIMITED CONNECTIVITY.I have run through network set-up wizard failed. i have disabled all firewalls and antivirus still no way lease help.
Re: Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. by laidback(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2012
What do you mean by network setup wizard failed?

If you don't get the network setup properly between systems, just forget adding any other device and if as you said they are al win XP, then you reallyshouldn't have a problem. I think you should look at the IP addressing if you haven't. Give them static IPs in the same subnet.
Re: Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. by adetwin(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2012
What did u want 2 connect ? Printer or system B4 I answer ur Question
Re: Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. by lifestyle1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
Check your IP address. undecided
Re: Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. by samfibby(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
1. Make sure DHCP is enabled on the switch/router. To verify, connect ur lan straight cable to the router, press windows button plus r, the run menu should pop up,press enter and command prompt is displayed. Type ipconfig, if the result gives 169.198....this means dhcp is not configured on the router. In this case you would need to enter the router and enable dhcp, once done, by carrying out the first step, your result should be 192.168.... Ensure all pc have dynamic ip address enabled at the network indicator. I wish u lock.
Re: Help My Lan Network Wont Connect. by trainingict: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Firstly, what you have is a Dlink router with 8, 10/100 LAN ports. The printer with LAN port means the printer has an inbuilt print server. It does not require sharing the printer on a computer. Each computer should have an independent access to the printer. It is either you disable or enable DHCP on the router.For few systems, disable dhcp and assign static IP address to each system and printer. You can use 192.168.x .x format i.e 192.168.100.1 to 5. ping them. Check cable termination if it is done properly. You can buy 2 already terminated cables to test. Limited connectivity is when an IP address can not be obtained,conflict or poor signal along cable path to the lan port.

trainingict 07082375805, 08033737534

(1) (Reply)

Motherboard 4 Sony Vpcf1 Needed / The Importance Of I.C.T To The Educational Sector. / Computer Village Shut Down Temporarily.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.