Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? (10604 Views)

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by tyna1(f): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2008
Master of the game by Sidney Sheldon
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Madea19(f): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2008
Also
Round the world in eighty days- Jules Verne

The three musketeers- Alexandre Dumas
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by belle4u2nv(f): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2008
Tell Me Your Dreams, Sydney Sheldon
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by maedan(f): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2008
In my case, I'm a sucka for Charles Dickens, I can read any of his stuff again and again a zillion times.
Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, etc.

However, to be particular, I read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte like ten times when I was in university. The original.
Would still lap smiley it all up from page one to the end. You need to have patience to enjoy great stuff like that. smiley
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by protocol(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2008
I SO MUCH LIKE THE GODS ARE NOT TO BLAME BY OLA ROTIMI, A BOOK HE ADAPTED FROM ANOTHER BOOK CALLED AUDIPUS REX BUT THIS TIME IN AFRICAN/YOURBAS SETTINGS. WHAT A BOOK. I THINK I HAVE READ IT LIKE 12 TIMES AND CAN STILL RECITE MOST OF THE ACTS AND SCENCES OFF HEART. I ALSO REMEMBER WE ONCE ACTED IT ON THE STAGE DURING MY SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS. I LOVE THAT BOOK. I CAN RECAL NAMES LIKE GBONKA,EFA PRIST,BABA FAKUNLE, OJUOLA, ETC
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by onyinye2(f): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2008
Tyrell by Coe Booth
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by SeanT21(f): 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2008
To Kill a Moking bird by [sup][/sup]i forgot

Black Boy br Richard Wright

The Great Gatsby by F Scot Fitgerald

Things Fall Apart

Uncle Tom Cabin

Living Your best life by Joel Osteen
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by khufu: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2008
so long a letter - mariama ba, the gods are not to blame - ola rotimi, ovonramwen nogbaisi, ola rotimi, and eegun alare - kola akinlade.
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Tetchiness(f): 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2008
Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierrce
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by beauteous(f): 12:25am On Jun 22, 2008
message from nam cry
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by lucabrasi(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2008
to kill a mockingbird
the alchemist
world rapers
master of the game
akin the drummer boy-if i can find it
weep not child
to be cont
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Esss(m): 12:01am On Jul 06, 2008
Kain and Abel - Jeffery Archer. (I'll read this book a million times over and still not get tired)

Not a penny more not a Penny less - Jeffery Archer

The Eleventh Commandment - Jeffery Archer

The Gods are not to blame - Ola Rotimi

The wedlock of the Gods - Cyprian Ekwensi (I'm not too sure)
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by nanaboi(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
Helon Habila's Waiting for An Angel

Wole Soyinka's Then Man Died - (not like I'd read it again - for the hurt it evokes - but it was a lovely read)

Chimamanda Adichie's Purple Hibiscus

Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre

The Triumph of the Water Lily - Can't remember the author. I read it once then lost it and I'd give an arm and two legs to get another peruse.
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by lammy2(f): 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2008
The Maiden by Jude Deveraux
A Knight in Shining Armour by Jude Deveraux
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by IMCCN(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2008
vividly, three books stand out: Lives of The Poets, by E.L.DOCTOROW. It is a book that i am still looking for words to describe, it takes you on a journey of discovery during which you either belt up or be pushed out and when you think you are almost losing your mind, it reconciles you to yourself, lands safely and bids you a painful farewell. The other one is Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley. It is a bold prophecy on the roles of reproductive science in the future of mankind. it presents what the world will be like in about six-hundred years from now. I came across the third one recently, it is titled, [b]As A Man Thinketh, [/b]by James Allen. The book is a slim volume, just 7 chapters but it is a timeless classic!
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Pazik: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2008
The novel i will read over and over again is the one i got just yesterday, Saturday, July 26, 2008. The title is Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It is a motivational novel and it talks about understanding money. I never knew anything about money or how money can work for some one. It made me know that all I have been doing is to work for money and not money working for me. It is really a great book that i will recommend to anybody who is interested in making money.
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by iice(f): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2008
Bram Stoker's Dracula cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by profmutant(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2008
all Micheal Crichton's and Anne Rice Books
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Sisikill: 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2008
Child Possessed by Richard Baxton.
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by profmutant(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2008
sisikill, try Anne Rice u'll like her
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Nize(f): 4:04am On Jul 29, 2008
DAWN by Viginia Andrews
LUCY SULLIVAN IS GETTING MARRIED by Marian Keyes

i've read them both 4 and 3 times respectively since i bought them.
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:09am On Jul 29, 2008
KANE and ABEL by Jeffery Archer

THE ELEVENTH COMMANDMENT by John Grisham
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by profmutant(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2008
Nize, well done. U want to show us u have a lot of books. Guess i'l snap my own obsession and post it.
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Nize(f): 2:27am On Jul 30, 2008
Those are just the books in d drama sect of my book shelf, there's still the thrillers, crime, historics, and a bunch of many others, Now this is plain showing off, lol
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Moyola(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
Triumph of water lily ----> Stella Osamour

There's always a reason -----> Freddie C. Williams

Sister's of Ape -------> Zane collections

Nervous ---------> Zane col.

Cherish ------> Yinka Sunmonu

I kiss kiss kiss 'em bkzz
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Gamine(f): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
they are so many. embarassed

one came to mind

Chesapeake by James A. Michener
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by SamMilla1(m): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2008
3-The run away jury
4-The testament
5-The patner
6-The Firm
7-The brethren
8-The summon
9-The street lawyer (my second best)
10-The client (my best)
11-Playing for pizza
12-The innocent man
13-A painted house
14-The king of tort
15-Skipping christmas
16-The last juror
17-The broker
18-The pelica brief
19-The rainmaker
20-The appeal

all by john grisham.

the return of the king (lord of the rings)
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by tedypine(f): 12:02am On Aug 06, 2008
its genuine lies by nora roberts
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by UNLEASHED(m): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
The Concubine
The Great Pond
The Beautiful ones are not yet born
Things fall apart
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by nila07: 5:08am On Aug 07, 2008
the alchemist by paolo coehlo
so long a letter by Mariama Ba
A Dakar childhood by Nafissatou Niang Diallo
Houseboy by ferdinand Oyono
Mirage by soheir khashoggi
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by delvinmaya(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2008
cooljoe (m)
Nigeria.

Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time?
« #16 on: December 19, 2007, 05:13 PM »

The Gods Are Not To Blame; what a book. Thats Ola Rotimi at his best. Never agan shall life make mockery of womanhood.

The play is an adaptation of oedipus rex by sophocles.Qouted staement by odewale himself.
Also a wedlock of the gods was written by Zulu Sofola if you have heard of her.

My fave books
Domain:James Herbert
When the wind blows:James Patterson
All Alex Cross series:James Patterson.The character in this books movies is played by Morgan freeman.
All John Grisham
Harry Portes series
Cujo:Stephen King
War and Peace:Leo Tolstoy
Left Behind Series:Tim Lahye and i think Jerry Something
Re: Which Novels Can You Read Over And Over Like The First Time? by Wokeyim(f): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2008
The Beautyful Ones are not yet born by Ayi Kwei Armah, Chimamanda's Purple Hibiscus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life's Symphony: A Short Story / The Necklace ( A short Story) by Akintayo Akinjide / Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.