Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians (540 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: Tell Nigerians Who The Looters Are, How Much They Returned / Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu / 2015: Tinubu Meets Buhari To Begin ACN-CPC Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Depointer1: 6:30am On Jun 08, 2012
Leaders of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) yesterday in Kaduna urged Nigerians to expect a positive change in the nation’s electoral fortune in 2015.

There have been speculations of a possible merger of the two parties. Yesterday, a meeting between the leaders of both parties lent credence to a working alliance between them.

ACN National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his CPC counterpart, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, said the nation should expect a positive change in 2015. They were silent on the likely merger of both parties.

Asked whether the nation should expect a formidable opposition, especially during the 2015 elections, Buhari said: “Certainly. We are likely to see a formidable opposition in 2015.” Tinubu said: “We are not talking about opposition. I hate to interrupt. We hope to see a positive change in 2015 and not opposition. We don’t want to be perpetually in opposition. Every politician wants an opportunity to govern.”

The ACN National Leader said his visit to Kaduna was to reciprocate a similar gesture by Gen Buhari ,who visited him at his Lagos home.

He said: “This is a return visit to the general who paid us a courtesy call in Lagos. As politicians, we discussed generally the situation in the country and how we can help to ameliorate the situation and help solve the problems.”

On the possibility of the ACN and the CPC merging to form a formidable opposition to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015, Tinubu said: “I will allow you to make your wise judgment about that. I am a politician and not a magician. I will rather allow you to wait until the pigeon is out of the hat.

“I told you at the beginning that the doors were left open. We are not part of any secret arrangement. Politics is not a dark room event. It is open and transparent. The ability to work with one another and set a common agenda is the purpose. We are still looking for areas where we can help our nation.

“As you know, patriotism is putting the national interest above self. If we have security agencies that are charged with the security of this country at the expense of their lives, then, the leaders must be able to make sacrifices and be flexible enough and accommodate and help to redirect. It is not just anybody who can steer the ship of the nation. It takes exceptional leadership virtue to steer the course of things to a proper destination.”

On the state of the nation, Tinubu said: “I am not going to be specific. We talked about the national patriotism and the direction the country is going as well as the need for a change. That change might be about us having a government of our own.”

The former Lagos State governor also spoke on the last 13 years of democracy in Nigeria.

He said: “Every democrat must be able to sacrifice for a free and fair election. Any democrat must be able to celebrate and accept the result of free and fair elections to deserve the joy of victory. But every democrat too must resist abuse of power, manipulation and irregular victories in elections.

“We have areas that even if we are not in the same political party, we can collaborate. We will not be able to face this country straight and talk to the cameras and look at Nigerians as a people and give a reason whatsoever on why we have not been able to promote the course of free and fair elections and the rule of law.”

Others at the meeting include Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun; his Ekiti State counterpart, Dr Kayode Fayemi; ACN chieftain, Mr Audu Ogbe and the National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/49493-expect-positive-change-in-2015-tinubu-buhari-tell-nigerians.html
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by inspirenet: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2012
Okay.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by denko(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2012
Tinibu want to spoil his career, associating with Youth Corper Killer, ACN will soon disappear as AD

(1) (Reply)

APGA Is Dead, Says Chime / One Man's Pet Is Another Man's Meat? / Am Not Against Boko Haram But They Should Help With The Right People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.