Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law (1363 Views)

Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate / NUPENG Threatens Strike If Petroleum Industrial Bill Isn't Passed Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law by ypzilanti: 9:16am On Jun 08, 2012
Nigeria: Unsigned Bills - We're Helpless - Senate
By Isiaka Wakili, 8 June 2012

The Senate has said that it is not constitutionally empowered to take on President Goodluck Jonathan for refusing to sign 16 of the bills passed by the last assembly.

Speaking to journalists in Abuja yesterday, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Solomon Enang (PDP, Akwa Ibom North-East), said all the bills yet to be signed were passed in the last Senate.

Jonathan is yet to sign the State of the Nation Address Bill, National Health Bill, Air Force Institute of Technology of Nigeria Bill, National Assembly Service Bill, Harmonised Retirement Age of Professors of Tertiary Institution Bill, Chartered Institute of Capital Accountants of Nigeria Bill, Nigerian Council of Food Science and Technology Bill, Personal Income Tax (Amendment) Bill, Discrimination against Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (Prohibition) Bill, National Bio-safety Management Agency Bill, National Agriculture Seed Council Bill, River Basins Development Authorities (Amendment) Bill, Nigerians Integrated Water Resources Management Commission (Establishment Bill), FCT Water Board Bill, FCT Appropriation Bill and National Tobacco Bill. Speaking further, Enang said the Senate had passed 21 bills out of the 178 introduced in the past one year.

The bills passed, according to him, include: the Institute of Registered Safety Professionals Bill 2011, Same Sex Marriage (Prohibition) Bill 2011, Acts Authentication Act (Amendment) Bill 2011, Court of Appeal Act (Amendment) Bill 2011, Retirement Age of Staff of Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Bill 2011, HAPERDEC Act 2010 (Amendment) Bill 2012, Harmonised Retirement Age of Staff of Federal Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Bill 2011.

Others are Federal University, Dutsin-ma Bill 2011; Federal University, Kashere Bill 2011; Federal University, Lafia Bill 2011, Federal University, Lokoja Bill 2011; Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo Bill 2011; Federal University, Otuoke Bill 2011; Federal University, Dutse Bill 2011; Federal University, Wukari Bill 2011; University of Uyo Bill; University Miscellaneous Provisions Act (Amendment) Bill 2011; Appropriation Bill 2012; Federal High Court Act (Amendment) Bill 2012 and FCT Statutory Appropriation Bill 2012.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201206080127.html

Just watch how fast he signs the MAULAG bill, though. A bill that has no bearing on Nigerians lives.
Re: Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law by FrankC3: 10:36am On Jun 08, 2012
You people should stop spreading falsehoot. At least, my company communicated to me of the PITA act that has been signed by the president and we can see the impact on renummeration. That i know because i am directly affected. If you must tell us what the president has done wrong, pls verify your facts. Other claims in your article could as well be wrong...
Re: Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law by ypzilanti: 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
Frank-C:
You people should stop spreading falsehoot. At least, my company communicated to me of the PITA act that has been signed by the president and we can see the impact on renummeration. That i know because i am directly affected. If you must tell us what the president has done wrong, pls verify your facts. Other claims in your article could as well be wrong...

I think you are the one who needs to verify your facts. There is a credible link attached to my post. It was in daily trust newspaper today. And we should take your word for it? Do I know that you are not one of those propogandists like Beaf on this thread?
Re: Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law by Gbawe: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
ypzilanti:

I think you are the one who needs to verify your facts. There is a credible link attached to my post. It was in daily trust newspaper today. And we should take your word for it? Do I know that you are not one of those propogandists like Beaf on this thread?

My guy, expect little traffic on your thread. How many ways can anyone discuss an article that shows, for those not into self-deceit, that this is a President far from the "fresh air" and "transformation" he is touted to be. Instead we have a President actually leading glaringly on behalf of corruption, retrogression, "business as usual", vested interests and AGIPism. We actually have a President who brazenly makes it very obvious he is only interested in leading for his friends as EL Rufai noted.
Re: Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law by Beaf: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
ypzilanti:

Don't mention my name to defend your stup!d thread. Just keep lying and hating, you will only harm your own health.
By the way, your friend above, Gbawe is the laughing stock of NL. He is well known for serial lying; maybe you want to take his crown.
https://www.nairaland.com/933109/osun-kicks-off-n300m-hydro-power/10

Shame on you.

Liar.

Re: Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law by FrankC3: 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
Ok. Go ahead and swallow dailytrust. Swallow saharareporters alongside. Afterall it makes you feel better, what does the truth matter anyway?

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Increases In Nigeria / The Death Of Moses Oisakede, Former NANS President - 14 Years On / Tinubu Said Youth That Staged Protest Are Misguided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.