Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences (39614 Views)

How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / The Importance Of NYSC In The Labour Market? / How Relevant Is National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) In This Dispensation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by butanep(m): 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
nitrogen:

Yes, you can, its very simple, just go to these coys and tell them you are a corper, u will be allowed to serve automatically. Sefini.
story for the gods... don't say what you don't know plz... you might be misleading pple...
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by damilola231(f): 7:45pm On May 01, 2015
mollytinrox:
1. Accommodation isnt guaranteed at all, so if u dont know anyone in Lagos, join a xtian/muslim fellowship. After 3weeks, you wont be denied shelter in their lodge, hopefully. Better still, get 9 people who have the same issue with u and rent a flat.

2. Not all govt schools pay! Some corpers do voluntary work. But ministries pay 15k. N 4 ur sake, dont pray to be on the island.
My own ppa(a secondary school) pays 30k n offers accommodation + transportation to n fro.

On d whole, serving in lagos isnt rosy, what with rude LG NYSC officials, transportation and bad traffic. All da best!
Please what school is that and how can u link me up please. Serving in June
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 01, 2015
damilola231:

Please what school is that and how can u link me up please. Serving in June

This post was made in 2012 or thereabout. I no longer live around that area. Sorry.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by damilola231(f): 8:24pm On May 01, 2015
mollytinrox:

This post was made in 2012 or thereabout. I no longer live around that area. Sorry.
Just the name of the school and whr it is pls.
Did NYSC post you there or u influenced it?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by yungbossxclusiv(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2015
Hi!! Pls add me to any Lagos stream1 whatsapp group 08071382155
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by blacbard(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2015
service in lagos is a relative experience for everyone, it is fun and awesome for some, while its hellish for others, it all depends on how good your PPA treats you, the distance u have to travel everyday and your love for lagos.

for us Doctors, most of us like to serve in lagos because of the opportunity to make money on the side.

for me it has been a worthwhile experience, wont want to serve elsewhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by amii131(f): 1:04pm On May 04, 2015
blacbard:
service in lagos is a relative experience for everyone, it is fun and awesome for some, while its hellish for others, it all depends on how good your PPA treats you, the distance u have to travel everyday and your love for lagos.

for us Doctors, most of us like to serve in lagos because of the opportunity to make money on the side.

for me it has been a worthwhile experience, wont want to serve elsewhere

and y not Abj u mean Lagos medicals pay more compared to abuja
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by VKENNYJ(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2015
good day people,please i will be going for service with the 2015 Batch B on the 28th of october and its Lagos state that i want to serve in,but my problem is dat i dont know the actual amount they do pay coppers in the Ministry over there,please could u give me a detailed info about the ministry,thanks....
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by henrixx(m): 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
VKENNYJ:
good day people,please i will be going for service with the 2015 Batch B on the 28th of october and its Lagos state that i want to serve in,but my problem is dat i dont know the actual amount they do pay coppers in the Ministry over there,please could u give me a detailed info about the ministry,thanks....
are you working it? I too want to serve in lagos
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by VKENNYJ(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2015
henrixx:
are you working it? I too want to serve in lagos

of cos i want to work it there but i want to know if da ministry pays coppers.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by henrixx(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
VKENNYJ:

of cos i want to work it there but i want to know if da ministry pays coppers.
they pay I think.... How do you intend to work it? Do u have someone? I need some help on it
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by sojas: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2015
Serving in Lagos bar camp is not funny at all
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Tiia: 4:51am On Nov 19, 2017
Walala:
I have a huge house in Lagos and will be returning from USA to serve in Lagos so any corper (females only) that need accommodation should contact me asap and I will assist. Can only take in maybe 7 people at the most. You don't have to pay me anything for the duration . I am just helping out because Things are hard in Lagos. I also have multiple cars so we can arrange movement.

This NYSC thing is suffer-head because when i went to register in Abuja, the hustle was too much not to talk of a year of suffering in that Lagos Heat. I am scheduled to return to Lag on June 28th for picking up call up letter and then camp follows the week after but I am willing to pay someone who can do all this nonsense for me. Coming from America, I cant stay in no school or share bathroom e.t.c

Please i need a hook up with ppl who attend camp on peoples behalf. I already have someone who is going to do the one year thing for me. grin grin grin

Please are you male or female? Sorry for asking.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by davidoisamoje: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2017
To all NySc great minds going to camp soon, and have been posted to Lagos, Self Contain Accommodation is available for a very good price! It's close to Iyana-Ipaja ( Ile-Ipo )

If You need accommodation after your 3weeks Camp then put a call through fast while the place is still vacant!

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
lily2012:
it a gud experience to serve in lagos.
i pass out feb and i was nt accommodated.
ministry pay 15k why state govt schools pay 15k.
telecom company like visafone pay 35k, Etisalat pay 50k,Zoom mobile pay 22600.
NNPC 25k,Chevron 27k,
what abt doing ur ppa in d barracks. Do they pay too? Sam Ethan Air Force Base Ikeja Lagos is a place I will love to do my ppa
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
pls is it possible for me to be coming to camp and leave everyday after lectures cos am a nursing mother and dont want to miss d fun in camp

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Rukky21: 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
@walala please can you send me a message on my email, Pinkyrukky@gmail.com or please drop your email address so I can message you.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by smart6(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
This thread may be old but still relevant. Please current corpers or Ex-corpers that served/serving in Lagos please share your lagos experience. Certain things may have changed since 2012. Ejo... Thanks

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Oluwatola5(f): 6:01am On Nov 13, 2018
smart6:
This thread may be old but still relevant. Please current corpers or Ex-corpers that served/serving in Lagos please share your lagos experience. Certain things may have changed since 2012. Ejo... Thanks
Did you just complete your orientation? I just got Lagos and I am so worried
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by scarchiji: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
Oluwatola5:

Did you just complete your orientation? I just got Lagos and I am so worried
Y are you worried..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What This Corp Member Is Doing Towards The Upcoming Elections. / Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise / Ondo Corpers Doze Off During Anti-corruption Lecture At Orientation Camp (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.