Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? (1736 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by chrisme(m): 1:53am On Jun 09, 2012
Why must you be paid before you play musical instrument in church? Later, we choir member too go dey colect allowance wink
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 09, 2012
Why must pastor be paid? Is he not preaching the good news? Why must the driver's and the secretary and the gatemen be paid?
People read music in the university mind you and why do the church sell you the hymn book?
Why don't they hand it out free?
Emancipate yourself bro and stop letting your sentiment's cloud your reasoning enough ignorant christian's going around these day's even leading large congregation's.

1 Like

Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by moshoodn(m): 4:35am On Jun 09, 2012
HONESTLY, LETS FACE IT, GOD'S WORK SHOULD BE DONE WITH NO MONETARY VALUES ATTACHED.

ITS THE LORD THAT MAKETH RICH AND ADDED NO SORROW !
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by mkmyers45(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2012
moshoodn: HONESTLY, LETS FACE IT, GOD'S WORK SHOULD BE DONE WITH NO MONETARY VALUES ATTACHED.

Mtsww..Are you a pastor? Are you working for free?
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by moshoodn(m): 7:14am On Jun 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Mtsww..Are you a pastor? Are you working for free?

I WORK FOR THE LORD WITH MY RESOURCES AND HE BLESSES ME IN TRIPLE FOLDS. . .
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 09, 2012
moshoodn: HONESTLY, LETS FACE IT, GOD'S WORK SHOULD BE DONE WITH NO MONETARY VALUES ATTACHED.

are you saying pastors should not be paid or what? If yes then maybe instrumentalists too should not but know that playing the instrument is a skill learnt. It's not a calling.
A calling to be a pastor would rathetr be wrong if you insisted on being paid than a skill you learnt like a vocation.
Just like you as a lawyer defending a church in a legal tussle, should it be free?
@poster I know you are now a lil bit more enlightened on the subject maybe, you might want to take up your pastor on why he turned his calling into a vocation.
Just maybe you are a pastor yourself sha.
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by moshoodn(m): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2012
WELL, IT DEPENDS ON HOW WELL YOU RELATE WITH YOUR GOD SHA.

I WORK FOR HIM AND HE SO MUCH BLESSES ME THAT COLLECTING MEAGRE SALARIES FROM THE CHURCH WOULDN'T COMPARE.

TRY IT OUT AND SEE.
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2012
moshoodn: WELL, IT DEPENDS ON HOW WELL YOU RELATE WITH YOUR GOD SHA.

I WORK FOR HIM AND HE SO MUCH BLESSES ME THAT COLLECTING MEAGRE SALARIES FROM THE CHURCH WOULDN'T COMPARE.

TRY IT OUT AND SEE.
This reply typifies the evil bedevilling the christian institution in nigeria.
I asked a simple question 'should pastors be paid for their calling?' and you are dancing around giving bogus assertion's.
What exactly is your stand? Do you think a man should collect money for what he claimed is his calling? Simple's.
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by Zodiac61(m): 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
When the pastors, the general overseers, bishops, prophets, revs and what have you start preaching for free, instrumentalists should start playing for free.
As long as they are getting large incomes from the hard work of the congregations, everyone who works in church should be demanding a fair wage for a honest day's work (if honest and church could be placed in the same sentence).

1 Like

Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by chrisme(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
This issue of hiring and paying instrumentalist is gradualy introducin strange tins into d church whereby drunkards and nite club instrumentalist come 2 church and display their talent wit their filty hands and we al dance and praise God. ITS NOT CORRECT!
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by moshoodn(m): 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
Guitarlife: This reply typifies the evil bedevilling the christian institution in nigeria.
I asked a simple question 'should pastors be paid for their calling?' and you are dancing around giving bogus assertion's.
What exactly is your stand? Do you think a man should collect money for what he claimed is his calling? Simple's.

DID YOU READ THROUGH PREVIOUS COMMENTS ??

YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN ME REFUTE IT.

THAT WAS MY ANSWER BELOW. . . YOU EVEN QUOTED IT.

moshoodn: HONESTLY, LETS FACE IT, GOD'S WORK SHOULD BE DONE WITH NO MONETARY VALUES ATTACHED
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
chrisme: This issue of hiring and paying instrumentalist is gradualy introducin strange tins into d church whereby drunkards and nite club instrumentalist come 2 church and display their talent wit their filty hands and we al dance and praise God. ITS NOT CORRECT!
The issue of hiring and paying pastors is such a bad practice that people who are only driven by the financial reward's come inand start establishing churche's.
My friend you see, when I read such bigoted comment's it erases any hope that the church will be purged any time soon.
How can you talk against instrumentalists being paid and not mention pastor's?
Are pastor's impeccable? If anything, pastoring is a calling which should not be renumerated like a vocation is. It is supposed to be selfless unlike playing the instrument which is a vocation(wether you like it or not).
Even david got his reward for playing the harp in the palace of saul. When are you guy's going to stop being sensational and emancipate yourselve's?
Even the hymn books you sing from are on sale right in the church. The bible which is the word of God is being sold. A man who claim's he heard God instruct him to become a minister is on salary too.
Of all these you think it is evil for someone who has taken his time and even invested money to learn a skill not to earn with it.
Haba a labourer is worthy of his pay the bible say's and if you are that botherd about gigolo's playing in your church I expect you to rely on the direction of the holy spirit to know who to engage.
And if you are not spirt filled to that level you might want to engage the service's of another minister(probably for a fee). Otherwise, who is to blame for your negligence in researching thoroughly the character of your client.
And how dare you classify a hand God created as filthy. You see my friend, you represent a microcosm of the christian mind in nigeria self aggradizing, proud, annoyingly and irritatingly sanctimonious, nosie maker's, bereft of the deep truth's of christianity, mentaly incapacitated due to year's of indotrinal manipulation's and sometime's hypnotism.
Any attempt to point this out see's them singing that stale music , 'touch not my annointed'.
Nigeria is one of the most religious nation's on earth(if not the most). You find worship places competing with residential houses for first position yet, we represent the most corrupt comunity inhabited homo sapien's any and everywhere they amy be found.
I am sorry for digressing but as you can see I lost my cool.

1 Like

Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by PastorAIO: 11:33pm On Jun 09, 2012
One big Gbosa for you my guy.

Guitarlife: The issue of hiring and paying pastors is such a bad practice that people who are only driven by the financial reward's come inand start establishing churche's.
My friend you see, when I read such bigoted comment's it erases any hope that the church will be purged any time soon.
How can you talk against instrumentalists being paid and not mention pastor's?
Are pastor's impeccable? If anything, pastoring is a calling which should not be renumerated like a vocation is. It is supposed to be selfless unlike playing the instrument which is a vocation(wether you like it or not).
Even david got his reward for playing the harp in the palace of saul. When are you guy's going to stop being sensational and emancipate yourselve's?
Even the hymn books you sing from are on sale right in the church. The bible which is the word of God is being sold. A man who claim's he heard God instruct him to become a minister is on salary too.
Of all these you think it is evil for someone who has taken his time and even invested money to learn a skill not to earn with it.
Haba a labourer is worthy of his pay the bible say's and if you are that botherd about gigolo's playing in your church I expect you to rely on the direction of the holy spirit to know who to engage.
And if you are not spirt filled to that level you might want to engage the service's of another minister(probably for a fee). Otherwise, who is to blame for your negligence in researching thoroughly the character of your client.
And how dare you classify a hand God created as filthy. You see my friend, you represent a microcosm of the christian mind in nigeria self aggradizing, proud, annoyingly and irritatingly sanctimonious, nosie maker's, bereft of the deep truth's of christianity, mentaly incapacitated due to year's of indotrinal manipulation's and sometime's hypnotism.
Any attempt to point this out see's them singing that stale music , 'touch not my annointed'.
Nigeria is one of the most religious nation's on earth(if not the most). You find worship places competing with residential houses for first position yet, we represent the most corrupt comunity inhabited homo sapien's any and everywhere they amy be found.
I am sorry for digressing but as you can see I lost my cool.
Re: Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2012
Poster where are you?

(1) (Reply)

Deuteronomy 22:5 Re-explained / Checkout This Epic Throwback Pic Of Bishop Oyedepo & Late Bishop Benson Idahosa / Christian Daily Bible Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.