Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Why So Much Envy Among Nigerians: Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why So Much Envy Among Nigerians: Nairaland (929 Views)

5 Common Beliefs Among Nigerians / When Your Female Friends Envy You Because You're Pretty / What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why So Much Envy Among Nigerians: Nairaland by mekussays: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hi y'all.

I love nairaland and i think i visit nairaland at least twice a day. I call nairaland our nigerian twitter because u get to see what nigerian are thinking about a particular issue. Something i really enjoy is reading the comment cuz it is usually a battle of who can speak more english or who knows what than others.

Having said that, one thing that really baffles me is the amount of jealousy and envy that is present. I will use two examples. (NOTE THE COMMENTs IN RED WAS WHAT I THOUGHT)

First Tonto Dikeh( our Nollywood actress). This babe probably came from nowhere and has being able to make a name for herself in Nollywood(at least anywhere they say her name in nigeria one person there must knw her). But nigerian beef her regularly. The first i noticed was when she had a photo shoot. (https://www.nairaland.com/853266/check-out-tonto-dikeh-this). When i read the comments(hahahaha) the girl collect insult die and looking more at the comment u will notice that people stop commenting about the particular picture but just insult her with all their energy and frustration(it would be nice to see one of those people insulting her). It is not like i am a fan of her but naija is a very very hard place and anybody that is making effort to make a life deserve to be praised.

These comment were my favourite

"It looks like she wants to drop a huge droppings"..(damn wrong)(wonder what u were trying to say)

"why not? get a cheap knockoff version of whatever rihanna was wearing, travel to the nearest igbo village and snap photos of my trashy body with puppys borrowed from the local champions-
sounds like a plan to me!" ( i would love to see you in a leopard skinned dress)

"Sexy for where?
Monkey fine pass dis" (FUNNY DIE).

There are so much more...

When she also got a tattoo una finish am badly. You guys should remember that this people are meant to entertain us so she doing her job.

The last was the pic of her in secondary school(https://www.nairaland.com/959072/tonto-dikeh-secondary-school-uniform)(see bad belle comment as e plenty.KIA). Check out some comments

"Igbo and Ikwerre smoker" ( did u smoke igbo in secondary school? maybe that y u feel everybody does)

"I THINK WE'V GOT MUCH BETTER THINGS TO DISCUSS THAN SHITS LIKE THIS.
mODERATOR, I THINK U DESERVE SOME STROKES OF THE LASH FOR PUTTING THIS ON FRONT PAGE"(cmon man.. maybe post a naked pic of urself .probably it wont still reach front page)

The second issue that had me concerned was osaze odemwingie wedding. Mehn some comment were just wrong as in wrong. We are complaining of racism around the world, but if you look closer to home, u will find so many racist around. check out some peeps comment.

"Why does his wife look older than him? But she no fine sha" (u should have put a pic of yourself so we can compare)

"Osaze don fall my hand. Why must u marry oyibo girl? Anyway hapi marriage life bro Osaz" (damn u r living in the past)

"Na inferiority complex dey worry am. him wan bleach out im black genes from his children. . ."(disgusting)

"Seconded...These white gals cherish divorce....(Aπϑ of cos ya owo) .... otu ocha" (what do u knw probably u never touch white person before talk less to marry 1)

"Osaze deserved a shining dark beauty from Bayelsa. Now he's gonna have white kids" (this is just a racist comment and it is sad)

But this is why i love my peeps cuz we have true ones that say the truth and are happy for other peeps. but the majority are just envious, frustrated nigerian that just want to insult every minute of the day.

I can go on and on and on about this envious people but would stop here as i feel that i have gotten my message across. Am expecting some harsh replies as usual but as a nigerian i go talk say ..."Forget na just mouth eeeee"
Re: Why So Much Envy Among Nigerians: Nairaland by Scash(f): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2012
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Coca Cola / Pepsi Cola Price Between 94 Till Date . / I Wish To Be A Mod On This Section / Words That Can Change Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.