Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? (20398 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Where Do Black People Come From If Adam And Eve Were White...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Dambudzo: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
Adam and Eve were arabs, so how did we end up with black people, chinese, indians ?

1 Like

Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by buzugee(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
Dambudzo: Adam and Eve were arabs, so how did we end up with black people, chinese, indians ?
leave that shekpe alone brother. it aint good for the mind
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by nyameke: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
Dambudzo: Adam and Eve were arabs, so how did we end up with black people, chinese, indians ?
lol man I should visit here more often.. where did you get that from btw?
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Dambudzo: 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2012
nyameke: lol man I should visit here more often.. where did you get that from btw?

Whatever race they were, how did other races come into existence ?
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by VOfficialR(m): 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
There is no reference about Ham's wife's colouring. It was Moses who married a Cushite woman. The genetic makeup of the first man, Adam, was such that
extensive variety could develop among his offspring—in such things as skin color, hair color and texture, body size and facial characteristics. This variety was increased by language and geographical differences. Concerning geographical isolation the Encyclopedia Americana explains: “When lands inhabited by two or more populations are separated by seas, mountain ranges, deserts, or other obstacles to travel, the members of these populations are perforce confined to their respective territories. . . . races will be separated by gene frequency gaps corresponding to the geographical boundaries. . . . this condition is approached in Africa, where the Sahara Desert forms a boundary between the European (white) and the African races. The Sahara is very sparsely inhabited and difficult for man to traverse; it constitutes an isolating agent of long standing.” Thus genetics, language and geographical barriers help to explain why distinctive racial groups appear in all parts of the earth. According to the Bible, all humans descend from Noah, through his three sons Shem, Japheth and Ham. Genesis chapter 10 lists 70 descendants of Noah saying: “From these the nations were spread about in the earth.” (Genesis 10:32) One of the many ways in which these nations have been classified is with reference to skin color. In the skin of all normal humans is a blackish brown pigment called melanin. Noah and his three sons all had a measure of this dark pigment. From Shem came the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Jews and the Arabs who vary from fair to light-brown skin. The descendants of Japheth, who include the Indo European races, vary from light skin to dark brown. As for Ham (meaning swarthy or sun-burnt), some, but not all, of his descendants had dark skin. The Egyptians, with light- brown skin, descended from Ham’s son Mizraim. Ham’s son Canaan was the forefather of the light- skinned Canaanites. In agreement with this, Dr. Hughes, a professor of anthropology at the University of Toronto, said: “On every continent, and in every geographically defined race, there is a considerable range of variation in . . . skin pigmentation, . . . the Tamils of South India are considered by many anthropologists to be members of the Caucasoid [white Indo- European] major race, yet in skin pigmentation they are darker than many Africans .” All divisions of mankind have a dark pigment in their skin, some to a lesser, others to a greater..
--------------
reference = lifted
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Dambudzo: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
V_Official®:
There is no reference about Ham's wife's colouring. It was Moses who married a Cushite woman. The genetic makeup of the first man, Adam, was such that
extensive variety could develop among his offspring—in such things as skin color, hair color and texture, body size and facial characteristics.

Where is the evidence for this claim ?
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:05am On Jun 10, 2012
This question is funny sha. Well, I think it was during the course of building the Tower of Babel. The people wanted to build a high-rise to reach God in heaven(how preposterous).

God then confused them by changing the unified language to various languages. Perhaps God changed some skin colours too.

Genesis 11
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Dambudzo: 2:50am On Jun 10, 2012
nikkyshyne: This question is funny sha. Well, I think it was during the course of building the Tower of Babel. The people wanted to build a high-rise to reach God in heaven(how preposterous).

God then confused them by changing the unified language to various languages. Perhaps God changed some skin colours too.

Genesis 11

This is arrant nonsense. He also made the Chinese smaller ? And gave black women nappy hair ?
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 10, 2012
i think it had something to do with those h0rny angels that slept with the children of men..
but then God wipes off everyone else apart from Noah, yet that 'nigga' color resurfaces.... now that i cant explain ;-)
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Dipwater(m): 6:30am On Jun 10, 2012
The bible is like fairytales the sories are not true,they were made up to guide and protect the people then.the story of adam and eve to me is like the cartoon of the beauty and the beast .its a story dat doesn't have proof
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by VOfficialR(m): 7:10am On Jun 10, 2012
@OP...
wanna learn or find fault?
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by VOfficialR(m): 7:16am On Jun 10, 2012
Dipwater: The bible is like fairytales the sories are not true,they were made up to guide and protect the people then.the story of adam and eve to me is like the cartoon of the beauty and the beast .its a story dat doesn't have proof
if to you, that's what it is, fine!!!! buh... what've you gotten to learn? If it's an ordinary 'constitution' dont you think that's the most efficient 'guide book' in history? I'm sure if you can be as smart as i'm 'expecting' you to be, you can imbibe it's principle for the baseline of 'your organisation'. if you can 'create' better one, i think you'll have followers down the history lane...
"arrant nonsense" right??
let's see what you got
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2012
Dambudzo:

This is arrant nonsense. He also made the Chinese smaller ? And gave black women nappy hair ?

Yes na. Lol
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Dambudzo: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2012
V_Official®:
@OP...
wanna learn or find fault?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by VOfficialR(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2012
Dambudzo:

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
u're still in d 50s man. gimme ma answer.
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by Niflheim(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2012
muskeeto is right,a fallen one according to the book of jubilees slept with Ham's wife.Africans are the product of a demon!!!
Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by ikooko(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
blackmen are oligos, we fell from the sky. at least that is the legend of benin and yoruba kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2012
YOruba people fell from the sky. then an Igbo man caught him and try to sell him weed. from the union of the Yoruba mans lips with the weed, my Hausa people were born.

(1) (Reply)

I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? / Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" / Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.