Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:16 PM

El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi (23110 Views)

You’re The Greatest Enemy Of Igbo Race – Okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by MrGlobe(m): 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: This El Rufai direct attack on Obi may be all the proof we need to conclude that the PDP may well field Obi as a presidential candidate in 2015. I've heard the rumor severally but it looks too "blindsiding" to be true. When you consider that APGA recently severally turned down invitations from other opposition parties, the math starts to add up!
El Rufai is only doing a hatchet job here. lol
Obi may not be the best Anambra can produce as a governor, but only trolls will call him a failure.

Watch out folks! The Nigerian toads never jump around in broad day for nothing. cheesy
somtimes, I wonder who made you an eze on this NL.. Where was I then? You are a disgrace to the igbo race! For you to think a docile governor like obi will be given a presidential ticket shows how mentally deficient you are. Obi is a failure and every Anambrarian knows that. El Rufai said what everybody already knows. He may goof sometimes but he is correct here. Obi has dragged the state to backwardness and its not that hard to see. You may not know about his obsession with buying houses in Abuja or massive corruption. And note that you have not contributed any meaningful thing to the igbo race on NL with this your 'office'. I will never allow a fan of backwardness lead me!

5 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by MrGlobe(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Abagworo:

I'm from Imo and they said my State is the most unfriendly and I accepted it. What's the next move? We work towards making things easy for prospective investors and not argue. I know it might be a biased statistics but it should be a wake up call for our SE Governors.
As simple as that... Why is nobody attacking akpabio, fashola and chime? Because they are putting in work. I just wonder why some of these folks who think like terrorists are igbos. The governor is looting the peoples money. Somebody calls him out and instead of responding with facts stating otherwise he wants to use same people he is looting sadistically to cover up. Peter Obi is a lameduck

4 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Pukkah: 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr. Globe:

As simple as that... Why is nobody attacking akpabio, fashola and chime? Because they are putting in work. I just wonder why some of these folks who think like terrorists are igbos. The governor is looting the peoples money. Somebody calls him out and instead of responding with facts stating otherwise he wants to use same people he is looting sadistically to cover up. Peter Obi is a lameduck

I agree with you.

Mr Obi 's response is bad but those of the people supporting him on the altar of tribalism a worse.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by oneeast: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Imagine calling the economic hub of the SE, rural state. It can only come from political jobbers like elrufai who are seeking attention. Knowing that its by insulting the most important SE state that he came achieve celebrity status. All these mudslinging by Elrufai is borne out of the fact that GEJ is secretly planning to hand over to Obi in 2015.

Obi is expected to decamp to PDP any moment from now to perfect the 2015 race. The north has been shook to its foundation over the plan by GEJ to annoint Obi for 2015 race, so they have decided to throw jabs to Obi via Elrifai to poison the minds of Anambrans and SE at large.

Obi knew about it that is why, his first response was that it was an insult on ndigbo. He could have responded in other-words, but he knew the grounds upon which Elrufai has been recruited to attack his political life.

2015 race has since begun so umunne mu watch out and don't be deceived by arm-chair critics.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by warrior01: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
Whoever that says peter obi has not performed knows that he/she is a serial liar. Since the creation of new Anambra state, can anyone truthfuly pinpoint any previous govt that have performed better than the present administration? You can only fault Obi on the premise that he is not ur typical nigerian politician which means there is no free money for the 'boys'. Let remove sentiments and corrupt tendencies and say it the way it is; the guy has really performed with the resources available to him.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Gbawe: 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Well-said. This is indeed what we keep saying on NL. Folks should simply stop personalising issues. The criticism, for example, of GEJ is not the criticism of the SS or SE. It is the criticism of a very bad administrator causing all Nigerians pain by leading only for the few looters who destroy the lives of all Nigerians, from every corner, throughout our history as a Nation. Same should apply to criticism of Obi, Amosun, Fashola, Yuguda et al as long as the criticism is genuine, not motivated by mischief and of the sort no sane person can dispute.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
one.east:
Imagine calling the economic hub of the SE, rural state. It can only come from political jobbers like elrufai who are seeking attention. Knowing that its by insulting the most important SE state that he came achieve celebrity status. All these mudslinging by Elrufai is borne out of the fact that GEJ is secretly planning to hand over to Obi in 2015.

Obi is expected to decamp to PDP any moment from now to perfect the 2015 race. The north has been shook to its foundation over the plan by GEJ to annoint Obi for 2015 race, so they have decided to throw jabs to Obi via Elrifai to poison the minds of Anambrans and SE at large.

Obi knew about it that is why, his first response was that it was an insult on ndigbo. He could have responded in other-words, but he knew the grounds upon which Elrufai has been recruited to attack his political life.

2015 race has since begun so umunne mu watch out and don't be deceived by arm-chair critics.

You must really be a funny one. Can GEJ anoint himself not to talk of someone else?

I gave up on Obi, long time ago, when he apparently planned to rig Madam Dora into power. He's a monumental disaster, a big disgrace to governance considering his background, an ethnic bigot, a mediocre politician and a hypocrite of the highest order.

If El-Rufai piece is an insult to Igbo, what would one call his piece on Bauchi or Benue?

3 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SisiKill1: 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
Lmaoooo!! This is how the Jewish people label anyone who says anything remotely negative about Jews, whether it is true or not. . . Anti-Semite.

People who don't want to labelled an Anti-Semite because it brings to mind images of Hitler, Nazi and the Holocaust, quickly learn to keep their opinions to themselves. . . .even when they are right.

An effective way to silence your critics, no?

Seriously how is saying one state is not doing as well as it should. . .Anti -Igbos? Me thinks the lovely Governor is trying to invoke tribal sentiments (rooted in the Biafran war) to cover up his own inefficiency and I were Igbo I will be mighty insulted that this man is using such a painful event willy nillyingly.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by warrior01: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
Fyi, that article from el rufai has nothing objective about it. Just bunch of lies lumped together for the ignorant. Believe that and you can believe anything. Let me even ask how many of you have been to Anambra state for an 'on the spot assessment'?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2012
warrior01: Fyi, that article from el rufai has nothing objective about it. Just bunch of lies lumped together for the ignorant. Believe that and you can believe anything. Let me even ask how many of you have been to Anambra state for an 'on the spot assessment'?

I have read all El-Rufai's artices since he started running a consistent column for Thisday. They are ALL not just objective but laden with facts, independently verifiable facts.

Let's assume El-Rufai was dead wrong. What do you consider an appropriate response? A brilliant chap would have deconstructed El-Rufai article facts for facts, logic for logic not resorting to tribal sentiments.

Which Anambra are you talking about, Ngige's Anambra or Obi's?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by lacasa: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pukkah: Nigeria is sadly sinking deeper into the mud of tribalism with each passing day. Mr Obi should simply engage Mr El Rufai based on facts and not try to befuddle the matter using tribal sentiments.

U̶̲̥̅̊ r right Sir.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ballabriggs: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
Obi says Anambra has the best road network. *falls like a mango tree* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by lacasa: 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:

I have read all El-Rufai's artices since he started running a consistent column for Thisday. They are ALL not just objective but laden with facts, independently verifiable facts.

Let's assume El-Rufai was dead wrong. What do you consider an appropriate response? A brilliant chap would have deconstructed El-Rufai article facts for facts, logic for logic not resorting to tribal sentiments.

Which Anambra are you talking about, Ngige's Anambra or Obi's?

U̶̲̥̅̊ r objective in Your comment. Kudos
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by AnotherOkija: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2012
I dont know much about infrastructure in Anambra state but some of the roads I drove on in Anambra state, were the best roads I have driven on in the whole country so far..
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by warrior01: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
@bayooo
What facts are you talking about and from what source? Moreso, apart from hearsays and propagandas, when last were you in Anambra State?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
i think el rufai should be more concerned about his backward filthy savage cattle-herder brothers. thousands of them are polishing shoes and cutting finger nails in Anambra State.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Taxco4u(m): 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pukkah: Nigeria is sadly sinking deeper into the mud of tribalism with each passing day. Mr Obi should simply engage Mr El Rufai based on facts and not try to befuddle the matter using tribal sentiments.
wot El rufai said is truth
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by informatix: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Igbos,Anambra and peter Obi. Are three different things. Peter Obi go back to school Igbos are smart they wont join u do dis fight. U loot alone u defend urself alone.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Supergwin(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Is dis how el-rufai want 2 be in government n win d people ova, by criticizin errybody dt is in govt...comon little-man, we know dt u're well-read n all buh condenmin peeps to stay relevant in 9ja poitics is not enof 4 us to vote 4 u weneva u pop-out
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by warrior01: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
You dey mind the bigot?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Gbawe: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Lmaoooo!! This is how the Jewish people label anyone who says anything remotely negative about Jews, whether it is true or not. . . Anti-Semite.

People who don't want to labelled an Anti-Semite because it brings to mind images of Hitler, Nazi and the Holocaust, quickly learn to keep their opinions to themselves. . . .even when they are right.

An effective way to silence your critics, no?

Seriously how is saying one state is not doing as well as it should. . .Anti -Igbos? Me thinks the lovely Governor is trying to invoke tribal sentiments (rooted in the Biafran war) to cover up his own inefficiency and I were Igbo I will be mighty insulted that this man is using such a painful event willy nillyingly.

My sister, Obi has shown himself to be a character ready to hypocritically whip up sentiments of ethnic bigotry against others and this latest antic should not surprise well-informed political observers. Indeed, this hypocritical attitude of Obi is actually prevalent on Nairaland and it is nauseating. Everyone wants to sit in judgement and condemnation of the SW and its administrators on 50 threads per day yet they can never handle criticism of their administrators without barking about "ethnic plots/hatred". It is self-delusion and shameless hypocrisy 101.

http://saharareporters.com/column/peter-obi-akunyili-and-political-folly

Several witnesses told me how, at campaign stumps with Mrs. Akunyili, Governor Obi told his audience not to vote for Mr. Ngige because the man is too short. Then he permitted campaign posters to be circulated in which the image of Mr. Ngige, a medical doctor and candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), was aligned with those of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo and former Governor Bola Tinubu. By contrast, the governor’s candidates were lined up with the late Owelle Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ikemba Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. The sordid idea was to portray Ngige as belonging to a “Yoruba team.”

It beggars belief that a governor, any governor, would see fit to make his opponent’s height a campaign issue. Such an untoward focus on somebody’s physique is utterly immature and speaks to a bankruptcy of ideas. Does it mean that Mr. Obi believes a person’s height to correlate to ability? Does he consider himself more intelligent, more capable or morally astute than everybody who’s shorter than he? For that matter, does he believe himself to be inferior to all taller people? For if height is a criterion of stellar leadership, then we must wonder how Mr. Obi became a governor. Alas, Anambra boasts many, many men and women who are taller than he is.

It is similarly appalling that a governor who reportedly has ambitions for higher political office could not restrain himself from disparaging Mr. Ngige as a Yoruba candidate. Even if we accepted the silly argument that the ACN was a Yoruba party – so what? Is the governor allergic to forging political alliances with the Yoruba? Is he not aware that such appeals to base, ethnic sentiments would return to haunt him if he ever seeks to be a political player at the national level? At any rate, was Mr. Obi not chastened by the fact that the ACN is sweeping the southwest and making inroads elsewhere in the nation, while he and his cohorts have left APGA bereft of electoral prospects anywhere? If any proof is needed, it suffices to see how Andy Uba trounced Obi’s man, Chuma Nzeribe.

Campaigning for Mrs. Akunyili, Governor Obi often reached for cheap blackmail. He threatened to deny, or pull projects as political appointments from communities that failed to vote for his candidates. In making these threats, he forgot that the people hired him for the job – and that he serves at their pleasure.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by damilola15: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

Not an El Rufai fan AT ALL, but how has x-raying your government's achievement amount to insult of the igbos? Looks like Obi can't handle criticism. Sad
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
dplordx: I sometimes wonder how a basterd like Obi ever got to become the governor of one of the most blessed state in Nigeria.
And what the intellectuals of the state were looking until a half-baked, uninspiring, uninformed, and okirika human being like this made it there.
Isnt this the same governor fuking his wife's sis. Anyways, whatever allegiance this guy plays, hes way more PDP than APGA.
His intentions are so clear, he will hand over the state to Uba, or whoever the PDP wants, cut a deal with GEJ so the EFCC wont come for his head. Anyways, may God save the Ibos.
So much for our Biafra dreams with traitors like this. Hes done more damage to Ibo land than any Aboki I know.

You are a cursed eddeot! You are uninformed and ignorant....I spit on your carcass!!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by warrior01: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
Someone is even quoting saharareporters. Guy, pls leave ur tattered brown roof infested domain for once. Travel and see things for urself
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by oolumide: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
I used to hold El-rufai in high esteem until when returned back to Nigeria to start blabbing like a typical Nigerian politician who has lost out in the scheme of things.

Used his ex-ray on budget until I realised that he was using that medium to sell both ACN & CPC governors in other to make both parties look good in preparation for 2015, this midget of a guy is a typical Nigerian playing on our minds to achieve their selfish goal. Please read between the lines
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
oolumide: I used to hold El-rufai in high esteem until when returned back to Nigeria to start blabbing like a typical Nigerian politician who has lost out in the scheme of things.

Used his ex-ray on budget until I realised that he was using that medium to [b]sell both ACN & CPC governors in other to make both parties look [/b]good in preparation for 2015, this midget of a guy is a typical Nigerian playing on our minds to achieve their selfish goal. Please read between the lines

Have you read his analysis on Kaduna budget too? Perhaps he is also trying to make PDP look good.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by oloriooko(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
@ OP
So this shortish loud-mouth thinks he has the necessary credentials to score the governor of a state he does not live in?
What about his own state? Rubbish talk, I bet he is trying to score some political points by making unsubstantiated claims.

Mallam has mouth diarrhea, so he cannot just stop running his mouth even when unnecessary.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by lacasa: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
†ђªt 's the thing i luv wt El-rufai, he does his critic of the subject based on empirical evidence aπϑ calculated assumptions.

His columns on Thisday are a regular on my read.

The man is quite intelligent

Though i'm not really his fan politically even if we hail from the same region

Peter obi is trying τ̅o divert the bad reality of his govt by implying tribalistic attack from el-rufai bt nairalanders are not dullards.

#atleast ( a few lot)
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by drzed: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
PointB: Analysing any State and passing judgement based on a budget is, IMHO, simplistic. It is important for one to actually visit the state and access the situation on the ground.

For instance how does Sanusi know the extent of erosion problem in Anambra? Has he visited some of the sites? How does he know that the budgeting allocation for it's control is inadequate? Or is it simply a case of the more money allocated to a problem the better?

The same applies to his critique of allocation for health and agriculture. Health is quite important as he rightly noted, but beyond that, how could he critique allocation to this sector without stating what has been in the past, and what needs to be done now? What are the primary health challenge of Anambra citizens? What is the best way to address them? Or should the governor simply keep allocating huge figures to a sector because it is an important sector or should he build upon what he has done over the years? These are the basic questions Sanusi should seek answers to!

On agricultural sector. What does Sanusi think that Anambra agricultural sector requires? What are the previous practice; what has been spent on this sector in the past? Is Anambra state indeed rural state in every sense of the word? Considering the fact that Anambra state boast of a commercial city - Onitsha, an industrial city - Nnewi, and an administrative capital - Awka. What basis did Sanusi classify Anambra as rural? Does it somehow imply that apart from Lagos, PH, and Abuja every other Nigeria state is rural?

I strongly believe that Sanusi's exercise of criticising states budgets based merely on paper is a deeply flawed exercise, and a waste of his time. Unless of course, he is seeking personal and political relevance among millions of gullible Nigerians who will ascribe this lazy exercise to some form of intellectual ability.

Sanusi We are talking about El-Rufai here!
Na wah o! (in GEJ's accent) smiley
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by freshmoney(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
Peter Obi is nothing but a villain whose interest is not for the people but for his self-aggrandisement. El-rufai had talked the bitter truth. Why adding ethical sentiments to simple perspectives from a savvy man? I am yet to see any unique output from that State since that ghoul took over. It's high time they uprooted that scoundrel called Peter Obi! And for you ethnic chauvinists, keep coming up with cheap shenanigans hoping that will exonerate you from your debased life!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ZUBY77(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr Peter Obi, i dont feel slightly insulted in anyway. Dont link the real state of your domain to the Igbo people.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by pplsroundtable: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Award Plaque Given Out By Ortom, Benue Governor, Sparks Outrage. Photos / Budget Padding Crisis Beyond APC Now – Chief Whip / Buhari Returns Buni As APC Caretaker Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.