Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? (11359 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? / Black Man And White Women: Always Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Shymm3x: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2015
What do you expect emotional beings to be grateful for? grin

Emotional impulses will always override logical reasoning, that's story of female humanoids.

When Chris Rock said: you can NEVER please a woman and make her happy. You thought it was a joke, huh?

Women will always be women: ungrateful and emotional beings. You just have to accept them for who they're and give them the Big D (Bernie Mac's voice - R.I.P legend).

Bernie Mac: Give Her...Da D1ck. cool
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by 5minsmadness: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2015
Shymm3x:
What do you expect emotional beings to be grateful for? grin

Emotional impulses will always override logical reasoning, that's story of female humanoids.

When Chris Rock said: you can NEVER please a woman and make her happy. You thought it was a joke, huh?

Women will always be women: ungrateful and emotional beings. You just have to accept them for who they're and give them the Big D (Bernie Mac's voice - R.I.P legend).

Bernie Mac: Give Her...Da D1ck. cool

Bernie Mac is dead?!?!?!? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by hahn(m): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

Bernie Mac is dead?!?!?!? shocked shocked shocked shocked

No. He died undecided
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by 5minsmadness: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2015
hahn:

No. He died undecided
In 2008 even
How could I have missed that
Have I been that busy cry cry cry
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by hahn(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

In 2008 even
How could I have missed that
Have I been that busy cry cry cry

The madness is now more than 5mins grin
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by 5minsmadness: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2015
hahn:

The madness is now more than 5mins grin
Abeg go jo
Not funny
***logs out

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by bukatyne(f): 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Perhaps, she should reject the unnecessary gifts and tell what exactly it is she wants?

2. Not saying thank you is not the same as being ungrateful. One can say thank you and still be ungrateful and vice versa. Therefore, and according to the OP, the equivalent behaviour from the man would be telling the wife that she hasn't done enough despite providing good meals, keeping a clean home, and tending to the kids wink; these activities which she herself directly benefits from. In his case, OP says he has; (a) Sponsored a business for her; (b) Sponsored her on foreign trips; (c) Supports his in-laws financially; none of which is of direct benefit to him. Therefore, it is safe to say your response in Point 2 doesn't really correlate with the OP's second paragraph grin

3. Maybe.

1. She should appreciate the gift and communicate what she wants (I am hoping the husband is willing to learn and change). Appreciation and gratefulness is very important

2. Not saying thank you is a major part of ungratefulness. A husband also does the activities for himself; directly or indirectly. I was not even going there.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
bukatyne:

1. She should appreciate the gift and communicate what she wants (I am hoping the husband is willing to learn and change). Appreciation and gratefulness is very important

2. Not saying thank you is a major part of ungratefulness. A husband also does the activities for himself; directly or indirectly. I was not even going there.

1. You said that a husband could be giving what his wife doesn't want, that's why I said she should reject the gifts if she doesn't want them. Rejecting a gift isn't the same as not showing appreciation. A "no, thank you, but I'd rather have xyz" is a good way to reject something, show appreciation for the the rejected gift and ask for what she'd rather have instead.

2. Not being grateful isn't the same as not showing appreciation. One could say thank you without being grateful. Saying thank you could be a show of gratitude but it isn't gratitude in itself wink. The woman in the OP for example must have said thank you when receiving those gifts from her husband, but her latter utterances prove just how ungrateful she was. grin You didn't need to go there, the implication of your comments already did.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2015
bukatyne:
1. Giving a woman what you think she wants and giving her what she wants are poles apart. Find out which you are doing

2. I would say 'ungratefulness' is more of see finish. How many husbands tell their wives thank you after a meal? When they meet the house clean? When the kids are well tended to? If you feel she is just doing her duty, pray tell, why do you want thank you for yours afterall, providing is seen as a man's duty. (And all the care here actually revolves around provision)

3. Ungratefulness is actually a genderless flaw. I am sure a lot of wives have a lot to say about the 'ungratefulness' of their husbands too

Ma, i love your post.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by bukatyne(f): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Adaobi12:
Ma, i love your post.

Thanks

Biko lose the ma part. grin
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by bukatyne(f): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. You said that a husband could be giving what his wife doesn't want, that's why I said she should reject the gifts if she doesn't want them. Rejecting a gift isn't the same as not showing appreciation. A "no, thank you, but I'd rather have xyz" is a good way to reject something, show appreciation for the the rejected gift and ask for what she'd rather have instead.

2. Not being grateful isn't the same as not showing appreciation. One could say thank you without being grateful. Saying thank you could be a show of gratitude but it isn't gratitude in itself wink. The woman in the OP for example must have said thank you when receiving those gifts from her husband, but her latter utterances prove just how ungrateful she was. grin You didn't need to go there, the implication of your comments already did.

1. I agree. However the husband must be willing to learn not not 'this is What I think is Good for you so therefore, this is What you are getting'

2. It is part of it. Ingratitude manifests in different forms. Not saying 'thank you' is one of it. I am not a mind reader; if I do/give you something, I wanna hear the thank you.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
bukatyne:

1. I agree. However the husband must be willing to learn not not 'this is What I think is Good for you so therefore, this is What you are getting'

2. It is part of it. Ingratitude manifests in different forms. Not saying 'thank you' is one of it. I am not a mind reader; if I do/give you something, I wanna hear the thank you.

Lol. We haven't been told whether she has said anything other than that hubby "has done nothing". Perhaps, we could ask him to ask his wife what she'd rather have, but that doesn't mean she not an ungrateful person.

You don't wanna hear thank you. You want to see appreciation, which can be expressed by a hug or a kiss wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Man Impregnates Girlfriend. Advice Needed. / Christmas Gift Hampers / What Are Your Last Minute Christmas Shopping Items?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.