Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers (21759 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by obiena: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2012
What OBJ sees wen sittin,Gej will nt see even wen climbin aso rock

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by kunlexdino: 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
In my opinion, i think farouk lawan is the thief and being outsmart by otedola. Though, otedola might have benefitted from the subsidy, he felt he is above the law and nobody can probe his company and lawan committe wanted to prove him wrong by demanding for bribe as their custom has being in national assembly. But unfortunately greed didnt allow them to reason and they fell into d trap. Otedola might use d demand to disgrace lawan rather than going to court to defend his company. Lawan would be heading to court in a civilised country
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by crackhouse(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by crackhouse(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by azimibraun: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
Implement d recommendations of the lawal farouk led prob, No way! Cuming up with dis scandalous allegation after buying time and strategising.we mst get dis fraudulent party and leadership out of power. Chikenna! If otedola hd worked with d sss in entrapping farouk, who shld b doing d talking; the sss or otedola?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Mhudi: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
Believe this and you will believe anything. The aim is to indict the committee for corruption so that the report on the subsidy scheme can be discredited and buried forever. From Otedola, is a fabricated story originating from high profile government officials, including the presidency. I refused to fall for this cheap but highly programmed counter attack blackmail.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by crackhouse(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
I listened to a radio programme called "polical platform" aired from a radio station {Ray power fm}, Abuja. At a stage during the programme, Hon. Farouk was called by the presenter to give his own account of details as it concerns the bribery issue level against him and when asked whether he collected bribe or not, he said he did not collect any bribe from any marketer. The presenter asked him severally whether he collected any money from any marketer even if it wasn't a bribe. He insisted he didn't collect any bribe from anybody. Now he was asked whether any marketer offer him dollar during the probe, he said that he was offered some dollars in form of bribe but he did not collect it instead he reported the matter to the police and there was never a time he or any of his committee member collected bribe from anybody and that's he's speaking on behalf of his committee members. From my own point of view and taking a look at what he said and the way he spoke, i will say that man may not be saying the truth. I am not judging the man but i think EFCC need to try harder in this case to get the actual facts otherwise it will go down the drain as usual.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by onthefence: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
I just need to know whether I was not Otedola that offered the bribe and then turned around to invite the SSS
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by lekkie073(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
I remember pranks i played with my cousin when i was younger. If i steal something for house, i will keep it in his bag in case yawa gas and searching occur, he would be ϑ culprit. He too is ά house thief like me. So nobody holy pass. My take on dis issue is dat otedola might be guilty of ϑ subsidy issue but decided to rope in farouk thru ϑ bribery issue in order to divert the public's awareness from his own criminality.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Mhudi: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
I was doubting allegations that this government is corrupt, alas, this development, has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it is indeed corrupt. Is Nigeria doomed? Not even can Fashola or El-Rufai make a change. GEJ is heading to be the worst government ever. We need a leader outside this present political leaders.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by mafioso47(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
My Lawyer friend Told me that Both Τ̣̣ђё Giver and Taker of Τ̣̣ђё Bribe are 2Be Punished cheesy
Let's see τ̣̣ђё Video pls lolzz
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by oddy4real(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
Mhudi: I was doubting allegations that this government is corrupt, alas, this development, has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it is indeed corrupt. Is Nigeria doomed? Not even can Fashola or El-Rufai make a change. GEJ is heading to be the worst government ever. We need a leader outside this present political leaders.
Dumbo. how is this about GEJ?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by azimibraun: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
Did the presenters ask him wich police officer or unit he reported the case to? They shld hv bin specific. Otedola shld name officers and the sss unit he reported to and farouk shld name d guys who offerd him bribe and d police unit he reported to. We need specifics. Eg. I mr nairaland reported a bribe offer frm mrs nairaland to Mr sahara of the wuse police station on so so and so date. Let mr sahara in official capacity present d statement made by mr nairaland as complaint. Specifics. Ggam!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
This peope are just trying to confuse us here but I Thank God Nigerians are too wise to be deceived, we all know otedola was involved in the scam if not how will faroulk ever think of including his companys name in the subsidy scam if he does not have evidence, so both of them are guilty GBAM. If I am to judge this case by now both of them would be in the SSS Net untill investigations are complete. Wot a bleeped up country
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
SHOW THE MOVIE
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by honeric01(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
ballabriggs: I was going to believe a bit of this story before, but with Reno Omokri all over this thread trying real hard to push this story, it takes an idi0t not to know where this is coming from. There is blackmail written all over.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by megastu(m): 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
I am suprised that people are falling for this. Otedola is desperately trying to justify why his company's name would be there.

Farouk did not collect any bribe. Otedola is only using it to whip up sentiment. No where did he mention AP, he kept on saying Forte Oil. That man is a rougue. Farouk will nail all of them, useless people.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
Anyone who knows Femi Otedola really well would most definitely not buy this story that reeks of falsehood. Having worked closely with him years ago when he newly started running his Zenon, I know for sure he has something to hide in all this. He is that predictably devious in his business dealings. This is however not to say Lawan should not be investigated and prosecuted if found wanting.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
onthefence: I just need to know whether I was not Otedola that offered the bribe and then turned around to invite the SSS
Are you for real?

What does it matter assuming it was entrapment of a public official? We have come to demand such absurdly low moral and ethical standard from our leaders it’s no wonder we are in the pits. Sir this is not a game. We have a flawed democracy. And we are all to blame for it …..You particularly today for this post.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by OperaMini1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
I remember when Tambuwal told his colleagues when they were about to discuss the report, that this people are very powerful, and that they'll fight back and fight dirty at that; so maybe it's coming to pass. Maybe Adoke and Co had cooked up this script so as to put a final nail to this coffin that he had described as a 'mere fact-finding mission'. Why was Otedola bringing up this issue now, more than a month after the report was adopted? I see the hand of Esau in all this.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by pedestal82(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
If this turns out to be true, men Farouk, don fall my hand Big time. With all his plenty
Integrity talk? Kai na wao. Puting all that I hv read abt this issue into perspective
Under no condition shld Farouk hv gone to collect money from Otedola, if it was not to bribe
Him. And if he actualy needed it as evidence, then he shld hv informed a a law enfocment
Agency b4 going to collect it. And if the story is true as reported so far, Otedola is a wise
Man, for thos saying the bribed and the one bribing are all guilty, shld knw that it does
Not hold in this case, because the bribery was done in conjuction with the law enforcment agency
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ajbabs(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
mafioso47: My Lawyer friend Told me that Both Τ̣̣ђё Giver and Taker of Τ̣̣ђё Bribe are 2Be Punished cheesy
Let's see τ̣̣ђё Video pls lolzz
I am afraid that your Lawyer friend is a disgrace to Western Education and hence he/she is not competent as lawyer.
Pls,let us look at this sadden situation without any emotional strings,prejudices and unnecessary sentiments toward Odetola and Lawan
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ideylaff: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
Everything , from probe to panel or even any project in NIgeria mush get K leg all the time..

Hmmmmm what a shame...

Who are they fooling with all these distractions... WHO?.

The other day, some SAN members messed up a case on purpose on a very flimsy omision in their case preparation, so someone could be set free..

Bunch of Liars and Jokers.. GOD punish them all.

Tschewwwwwww.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by jerrywool: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
[size=20pt]GEJ[/size] is lavishing handshakes and smiles, [size=20pt]Politicians [/size]are looting, [size=20pt]the cabals[/size] are bribing,[size=20pt]Boko Haram[/size] is Bombing,[size=20pt]kidnappers[/size] are on rampage (Niger delta, i hail o!), Our [size=20pt]population[/size] is rising, [size=20pt]many[/size] are leaving the rural areas to cities while [size=20pt]more jobless people[/size] are thrown into the system , [size=20pt]Boys[/size] are vexing, [size=20pt]Ethnic and tribal division [/size]is getting wider!(no thanks to nairaland) [size=28pt]2015[/size] is approaching......... u dey read, i dey watch.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by love4ual: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
some people still think that anything good will come out from nigerian leaders.......................sorry for u nigerian youths........u will be fooled again and again...........
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
Opera Mini: I remember when Tambuwal told his colleagues when they were about to discuss the report, that this people are very powerful, and that they'll fight back and fight dirty at that; so maybe it's coming to pass. Maybe Adoke and Co had cooked up this script so as to put a final nail to this coffin that he had described as a 'mere fact-finding mission'. Why was Otedola bringing up this issue now, more than a month after the report was adopted? I see the hand of Esau in all this.
Are you for real?

What does it matter assuming it was entrapment of a public official? We have come to demand such absurdly low moral and ethical standard from our leaders it’s no wonder we are in the pits. Sir this is not a game. We have a flawed democracy. And we are all to blame for it …..You particularly today for this post.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by IcecoldDon: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
What I want to know is y the EFCC media guy is denying knowledge of the video or even the sting operation. How is it that all this still isn't enuf for both lawn n otedola to b publicly investigated. What has happened to d DOO bill dat nobody has access to d video?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by onthefence: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
jerseyboy:
Are you for real?

I only asked a question. So you already believe FL demanded and received bribe? I repeat I only asked question not matter how dumb it is.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by PrinceDudu(m): 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
And the Game continues. My only concern is that we are forced to be spectators. *angry*
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by hassey(m): 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
I gues u guys nid to go tru d script once more cus wen u do u‘l c dat otedola hold no truth in is story. I wonder wat will make lawan to insist on him briberg dem even wen claim nt to b guilty. He also said he av neva deal in pms bt leter end up sayin he sales in drums. So wo is deceivg wo. He also said lawan told him evry oda mrkters av settles him so ao kom d oda mrkter av nt confirm dere involvement. And y will lawan publish dere name if truly he receive money 4rm dem.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Myself2(m): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
I've always known that the midget gaylord aka Farouk Lawan is a hardened crook
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Myself2(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
jerseyboy: Are you for real?

True talk
Must we discountenance Otedola's allegation just because it appears like an entrapment of Lawan.Didnt you see where he REPEATEDLY STATED THAT FAROUK LAWAN CALLED HIM TO DEMAND FOR PAYMENT OF MONEY for Zenon not to be roped inif it was Otedola that even made the first move,isn't Farouk Lawan supposed to reject the bribe,or set up Otedola via video to capture him while making the payment??have we forgotten the case of Nuhu Ribadu,who James Ibori bribed with US $15 million,he collected the money and lodged it with the CBN and filed a report about it at the EFCC?

Farouk Lawan is just a crook,even worse than the subsidy thieves(Dangote/Tinubu/Ubah/Adenuga/Chris Aire etc)

Even

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We’ll Use Force If Dialogue Fails, Army Chief Tells Militants / Bature Sambo, Others Defect To PDP In Zamfara State / Dayo Adeyeye: 16 APC Governors Supporting Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.