Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers (21760 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by acidtalk: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
I am pleased with myself that I never took sides on this issue from the onset.

I wanted to mention in the previous thread that I know Zenon Oil to only run diesel importation which doesn't have the "subsidy" umbrella covering it but kept mute because I didn't have much evidence.

The best thing for Lawan Farouk to do is to RESIGN and the Judiciary should kick him to at least 10years in prisonment.

These NASS members are our biggest problem in Nigeria. It is because of the bribery cursed heads that's why every executive always get away with whatever attrocities is commited.

Let Farouk serve as a scape goat. But the problem with Nigeria is that in 2 weeks time nothing will be heard of this case again.

NIGERIA IS LIVING DEAD!!!
So so Pathetic.......

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by meedx: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
At the end, what happens?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk: I am pleased with myself that I never took sides on this issue from the onset.

I wanted to mention in the previous thread that I know Zenon Oil to only run diesel importation which doesn't have the "subsidy" umbrella covering it but kept mute because I didn't have much evidence.

The best thing for Lawan Farouk to do is to RESIGN and the Judiciary should kick him to at least 10years in prisonment.

These NASS members are our biggest problem in Nigeria. It is because of the bribery cursed heads that's why every executive always get away with whatever attrocities is commited.

Let Farouk serve as a scape goat. But the problem with Nigeria is that in 2 weeks time nothing will be heard of this case again.

NIGERIA IS LIVING DEAD!!!
So so Pathetic.......
For once you made the right assertions. Now am vindicated and you need to apologize to me for all the insults you rained on my person when I vetoed the pro-Lawan nincompoops
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Melinde: 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
I PLEDGED with nigeria my country, to be fearful, royal and happy. To starve nigerians with all my strenght, To defend my impunity and uphold my honour and glory......So help me GOD
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ballabriggs: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
So Lawan said he was going to rope Otedola even when he has done no wrong. grin grin grin grin

A whole Femi Otedola! Is Lawan that stupid that he does not know the power Otedola possesses?

Rewind....

ballabriggs: I was going to believe a bit of this story before, but with Reno Omokri all over this thread trying real hard to push this story, it takes an idi0t not to know where this is coming from. There is blackmail written all over.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by OluBendel: 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nice One mr. femi Otedola. We need more of these revelations in the public domain. Even though, in Nigeria nothing is genuinely expected to come out of it, esp. with GEJ administration who is scared stiff of dealing with the Nigerian elites( So called big men), at least little steps as these will help purge our society of high level graft in the long term.
And for those calling Farouk Lawan names, do we realy believe in all sincerity that all the probe film shows can ever be without the ever present Nigerian drama factor? do we realy have much of high integrity calibre of pple in NASS? how can the present nigerian system genuingly produce such? do you know how much it cost to run an election in Nigeria? primaries and general? mobilisation and all? how can we expect a crooked system to produce saints? planting corn to reap cassava? As a society we should first put in place a less monetised and militiarised political system, other things will follow. For now we just have to make do with the criminals and rogues leading and probing us and work/hope for the change that will benefit us all in the long run!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Super1759: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
I don't even know what to believe again. Am sure people that are involved in the subsidy scam are so strong. FL is bad as well.even ss,efcc.all are the same.the next thing we may hear is explosion rocks efcc office,the evidences are gone.I know this people. Na God go save us.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Iranoladun(f): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
It is time that we prove this event sad

With time , we would all know whether it is a case of pot calling the kettle black or truely heroic move by either Otedola or Lawan
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by iluvnaija: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
Naija is in TROUBLE!

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Obiagu1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
So dey don set fire on this subsidy report and the ash dumped in the Atlantic ocean while the cabal and oil thieves are exonerated forever?

Oh my dear country cry cry cry
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
If the man is guilty, Arrest him but let's not use this as reason to throw the subsidy probe away.

If video dey, make we see am.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by lookmangiw(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Donmeca: Why was Otedola fighting s hard to remove Zenon from d list, if he had nothing to fear about d purchase of foreign currency without importation? What, in his opinion emboldened Lawan to demand a $3m bribe? I mean he could simply have waited patiently and prepared well to legally pull Zenon out of d report...and shame Lawan. Y agree to give bribe in a "sting operation"? Detective Femi Otedola, pls answer
this are serious question begging for answers. Why would lawan still insist that an innocent guy should give him a bribe. This guy is not making any sense.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by nagoma(m): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
gboss4sure: This peope are just trying to confuse us here but I Thank God Nigerians are too wise to be deceived, we all know otedola was involved in the scam if not how will faroulk ever think of including his companys name in the subsidy scam if he does not have evidence, so both of them are guilty GBAM. If I am to judge this case by now both of them would be in the SSS Net untill investigations are complete. Wot a bleeped up country

Both Otedola and the PDP Lawan should be in prison custody while the trial begins. we want to see the end of it. If some ministers will get a life sentence , so be it.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by fesse(f): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
ballabriggs:

Poo! We've not forgotten in a haste Nduka's defence of the Abacha days when interviewed on CNN. We've not forgotten Nduka's attempt to blackmail Fashola for an award.

There is an atom of truth in any rumor. What am saying is that ThisDay are better reporters and more experienced in terms of journalism to the likes of pm news, daily trust, etc. Don't jump into conclusion yet. We will all be alive to see and hear from the horses mouth.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by blackbeau1(f): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
philips70: Is anybody reading that part of this story that says EFCC is denying to have received any tape from Otedola? Siddon look na dog name. Nigerians are watching
thank u. Its like you are the only person who read the full story.nairalander,the truth remains dat if such a video exists,we will never see it because the next story we will hear will be the law enforcement and EFFC arguing wit each other-abt who gave who and who didn't give who the video. Besides,videos can b doctored. If Mr otedola was as innocent as he claimed,then he wld neva have paid the bribe.he should tell us the full story and stop playing wit our intelligence
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by tessyade: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
What sort of country is Nigeria!!! Every time we keep getting news that further sadden us. Last week it was plane crash, now its another bribery allegation and counter allegation. Lord please safe this country.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
mulumele: This shouldn't be a problem,the big man in a small body has a distinctly unique voice;the audio tape evidence is just enough to indict him.

cheesycheesycheesy
lolzzzzz!!!!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by freebloke: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
Melinde: I PLEDGED with nigeria my country, to be fearful, royal and happy. To starve nigerians with all my strenght, To defend my impunity and uphold my honour and glory......So help me GOD
more like it!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by erniok(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ kobo, if and only if FL is guilty, den the report is flawed and must be reviewed. I can imagine the number of the real culprits that are free to enjoy their ill gotten wealth.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by HighChief4(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
If this is true, then there is no hope for Nigeria at all. cry cry cry
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
fesse:

There is an atom of truth in any rumor. What am saying is that ThisDay are better reporters and more experienced in terms of journalism to the likes of pm news, daily trust, etc. Don't jump into conclusion yet. We will all be alive to see and hear from the horses mouth.

A tad curious that the paper's editor gets eased around at the same time we are presented with a wobbly tale, which forms the basis of this thread...
Cloak and dagger politics we have here, Madam. Nothing more, nothing less.

UPDATE: Highly-placed sources in the newspaper has since informed us that top managers in the newspaper had no advance knowledge of the appointments. "There was no board meeting as claimed by our publisher," a top official, who pleaded anonymity, said. Besides, THISDAY has no board, it is owned 100 per cent by Nduka. Almost all the top managers here read about the changes in the paper this morning.
Source
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by haboosa(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
After a thorough examinations of all corroborating evidence i want to believe both Otedola and lawan are culpable in the sense that why is Otedola so desperate to vindicate Zenon and indict Lawan? why did Lawan collect the bribe when he knows Zenon is indicted? why cant Lawan call the attention of the security operatives when going to collect the money if he didnt have intention of agreeing to the terms of Zenon? Nigeria is in big trouble cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Demdem(m): 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
jamp: [size=14pt]what is the government waiting for??

the Giver and the Taker should be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Exactly, this will suggest to u that nduka is just playing ball with his published story. Besides efcc has denied receiving any "fideo ". All this to me for now is an attempt to kill the report. The retardeen is devilishly wise no doubt.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
The major hurdle in fighting corruption in Nigeria is tribal sentiment. Not until that is put aside nothing about corruption will be done in the rightful way.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by jmaine: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
People are simply denying this report cos it nailed Hon Lawal squarely in between the eyes grin . . .I had belief in this subsidy probe and report . .but now, it's all eroded . . .damn embarassed !!!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by ENZOSCIFO1: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
tessyade: What sort of country is Nigeria!!! Every time we keep getting news that further sadden us. Last week it was plane crash, now its another bribery allegation and counter allegation. Lord please safe this country.

Did I read ' Lord save this country' what kind of prayer is that so that the virus we are(yes we are nation of different viruses) will spread and kill humanity?.
Abeg Lord please kill this country and its inhabitants (generation of virus ridden vipers) and save the world from us!.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
erniok: @ kobo, if and only if FL is guilty, den the report is flawed and must be reviewed. I can imagine the number of the real culprits that are free to enjoy their ill gotten wealth.

Yes, in an Ideal Nigeria, all criminals, including those who flout the Constitution(cough.. cough . . . the president of Nigeria himself) should be arrested and prosecuted, but since that is still a long time a ways, we should settle for prosecuting as many of those we can get. If this man is guilty, as someone already said, he should be arrested along with the bribe giver.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

A tad curious that the paper's editor gets eased around at the same time we are presented with a wobbly tale, which forms the basis of this thread...
Cloak and dagger politics we have here, Madam. Nothing more, nothing less.

Source

Besides, Nduka is 100% pdp, the killer party itself.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
grin grin grin. Hhmn.......Experience they say is..........

babsmii:

INTEGRITY... if you own an international company you would understand. just chill till you own one.

i don't believe lawan will collect those monies mentioned in that manner. bribes are usually not collected in that manner, i know this and i know wat im talking about
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Having taken more than its usual dose of steroids in the last few hours, corruption has now gone into overdrive.
Scorched earth policy commences...

It is a case of drinking tea with a "hale and hearty" presido all over again grin
Kai, Nigerians don suffer!

A volatile sector, the investigation met early criticisms from the executive which reportedly viewed the move an attempt to embarrass the government, since it was clear from the start cronies and associates of officials will be indicted, and that it would be nearly impracticable for the recommendations to be implemented.

The approved report, widely applauded by Nigerians, recommended punishment for past and present ministers of petroleum, finance, officials of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and several oil marketers.

But the Jonathan administration has picked holes in the inquiry, questioning why some past officials of the sector were exempted from the inquiry, a concern critics have feared may be bandied as a getaway from implementing the report.

Therefore, analysts say, an evidence of an underhand dealing between the committee members and marketers-as is with the Lawan-Otedola deal- will sell into government’s hand, a concern the House itself has raised.

“We hope that the executive will not, because of this allegation, abandon its commitment towards bringing to justice, the culprits already in the committee’s report,” spokesperson, Zakari Muhammed, said on Saturday after the allegations became public.

In a move that may underline that factor, two weeks back, the video clip of the money transfer was showed to the president, Vice president Namadi Sambo, Senate president, David Mark, and the Speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal.

To possibly further drive home the point of the unreliability of the report, a copy was also played to Nobel laureate and social campaigner, Wole Soyinka, the only non-government figure to view the footage.

Mr. Soyinka had vowed to lead a devastating street protest if the report was swept, as usual, under the carpet.

But after viewing the clip, a shocked Mr. Soyinka said he had never seen a thing like that and appeared to be backing down, the sources said.

Source
Re: Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers by freshmoney(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
al-ahamad:
I personaly know Farouq but I don't give a fvck about him cos as nice nd transparent as he appears, all politrickcians are criminals like OBJ rightly pointed but I am positive this is all a set-up to descredit the probe, create a major diversion and in some time to come, we won't hear nada about it again......if not that its a diversion, why would there be an issue of bribe against such high person(farouq) nd he's not been arrested.

Most of this major oil Marketers funded PDP in the last election nd that's why GEJ opened the window to allow all this happen.....

The bigest thieves in this subsidy issue are the Excos cos how can more than A trillion naira be swept nd you tell us you know nothing about it?.....

I am not daft nd I aint falling for the crap...

Good point pal! The problem is, there are still some good,non-corrupt people in our government, but the majority are corrupt and they are strong enough to subvert the minority that are non-corrupt. This Farouk stigma is synonymous to the shenanigans employed by PDP to undermine anybody that's ready to reveal their malignancy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abba Moro Says FG Will Soon Introduce E-Prison System / Profile Of Ibrahim Dankwambo And His Nigerian Presidential Bid / Nigerians Will Defeat Tinubu, Not ₦50 Billion – Peter Obi’s Camp Replies Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.