Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 (14694 Views)

Breaking News! Probe Me And See Nigeria Explode!! OBJ To Buhari. / Letters Of OBJ To GEJ And Iyabo Obasanjo To Her Father for sale. Very funny. / Learn From The Arab Uprisings, OBJ To ‘sit-tight Leaders’ In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by simongonner: 7:37am On Jun 11, 2012
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is to appear before the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges on June 28 over his recent utterances in which he referred to members of the National Assembly as armed robbers and rogues, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

Obasanjo had in May at the Fourth Annual Conference of the Academy for Entrepreneur Studies Nigeria (AES) at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) in Lagos, said that “there are more rogues and armed robbers in the State Assemblies and the National Assembly”.

The House of Representatives asked its committee on ethics to investigate the former president’s assertion, with Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal hinting that Obasanjo will be invited to defend himself before the lawmakers.

Speaking to Daily Trust yesterday on the telephone, committee chair Rep. Gambo Dan Musa 9CPC, Katsina), said although they have since received verbal referral for the assignment, they were officially communicated about the exercise on Thursday.

“When we resume next week on the 21st of June, we will meet as a committee to look at the modalities of the investigation and we hope to commence in a week time,” Dan Musa said.

The probe was instituted after a motion on matter of personal privileges was raised by the House Deputy Minority Leader, Suleiman Kawu Sumaila (ANPP, Kano) who said, “the former President called us rogues and armed robbers. But I am not an armed robber neither am I a rogue.”

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164754:obasanjo-to-appear-before-reps-june-28&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Lucy001(f): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2012
It takes a thief to identify one.... Lolz

2 Likes

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by jamp: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2012
what will inviting OBJ change? Nothing at all. we all know they are corrupt and we don't need OBJ to tell us.

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2012
These people are really thieves.why should they be bothered if they are not?
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by megxo(m): 9:28am On Jun 11, 2012
truth de pain..............
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by emmasege: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2012
enough of these distractions. " a witch cried yesterday, a child died this morning". Hasn't OBJ been vindicated by the latest scam in the NASS?. It takes a thief to identify another thief.

3 Likes

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Walexz02(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2012
cheesy make dem calm am make him come yab them wella
THIEVE VS THIEVEScheesy
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2012
simon gonner: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is to appear before the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges on June 28 over his recent utterances in which he referred to members of the National Assembly as armed robbers and rogues, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

Obasanjo had in May at the Fourth Annual Conference of the Academy for Entrepreneur Studies Nigeria (AES) at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) in Lagos, said that “there are more rogues and armed robbers in the State Assemblies and the National Assembly”.

The House of Representatives asked its committee on ethics to investigate the former president’s assertion, with Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal hinting that Obasanjo will be invited to defend himself before the lawmakers.

Speaking to Daily Trust yesterday on the telephone, committee chair Rep. Gambo Dan Musa 9CPC, Katsina), said although they have since received verbal referral for the assignment, they were officially communicated about the exercise on Thursday.

“When we resume next week on the 21st of June, we will meet as a committee to look at the modalities of the investigation and we hope to commence in a week time,” Dan Musa said.

The probe was instituted after a motion on matter of personal privileges was raised by the House Deputy Minority Leader, Suleiman Kawu Sumaila (ANPP, Kano) who said, “the former President called us rogues and armed robbers. But I am not an armed robber neither am I a rogue.”

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164754:obasanjo-to-appear-before-reps-june-28&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Should Obasanjo appear, it would be a total disaster as he won't mind naming the rogues and embarrassing those who give him direct confrontation. Big mistake, the worst part will him presenting the matter like a joke.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2012
simon gonner: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is to appear before the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges on June 28 over his recent utterances in which[b] he referred to members of the National Assembly as armed robbers and rogues,[/b] Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

If Farouk with his integrity crap can collect money from otedola,who in that chamber is free from corruption ? Obj may not be innocent but he just identified another set of pen-robbers that have dragged this country into abject poverty.Just within the time obj made this comment,Hembe and Farouk became victims of corruption.May God help Nigeria !
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by nerodenero: 9:34am On Jun 11, 2012
A thief can only know a thief.Thief calling thief thief.

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by ikee(m): 9:34am On Jun 11, 2012
Not sure if baba Iyabo will honour the invitation undecided
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2012
As if they can do anything to him. Waste of time. They know they are thieves, Nigerians know that too. Oles, barayi, ndioshi.

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by nerodenero: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If Farouk with his integrity crap can collect money from otedola,who in that chamber is free from corruption ? Obj may not be innocent but he just identified another set of pen-robbers that have dragged this country into abject poverty.Just within the time obj made this comment,Hembe and Farouk became victims of corruption.May God help Nigeria !
As corruption thrieves in the Country,so many leaders are untouchables and it remain to be seen how we intend to flush out this thing that has eaten deep into the society.Shaking my head for my dear Country!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by freecocoa(f): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2012
Like it will change anything.

Btw what will happen if he refuses to honor the invitation?
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by SkySpirit(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2012
I trust Obj, him no de carry last, he would disgrace those thieves, even though he helped to install some of them.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by meracool(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2012
OBJ is right...
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by alahamad(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2012
Another commitee is about to be formed with someone as the chairman just to investigate OBJ's statement.....WTF is ther to investigate when it was said in plain English.

For crying out loud, can't we just read one good news from that sorry asss crappy nation call Nigeria?

Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by inspirenet: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2012
Lucy001: It takes a thief to identify one.... Lolz

Lolz
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by holahabib: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2012
i doubt if this will happen.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2012
nerodenero: As corruption thrieves in the Country,so many leaders are untouchables and it remain to be seen how we intend to flush out this thing that has eaten deep into the society.Shaking my head for my dear Country!

The big boys in pdp are untouchable so far you remain loyal to the party.I'm sure obj wont even attend the invitation and I doubt if they can issue a bench warrant against him either.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by stepo707: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2012
Waoh! i have to watch it live.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by zoomzu(f): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2012
Not the likes of this present Legislooters has moral justification to invite OBJ for questioning, they are all thieves.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by iammodel(m): 9:55am On Jun 11, 2012
OBJ has been quiet for a long. I think there's more to this. Let's see how it ends.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 11, 2012
i dey laff o! grin

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by lacasa: 9:58am On Jun 11, 2012
Summon OBJ??

Them don 4k-uuuuuup

grin

2 Likes

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Donmeca(m): 9:59am On Jun 11, 2012
One news report claimed that Otedola handed a copy of d Lawan video to OBJ and OBJ showed it to speaker Tambuwal. Guess this whole name-calling was against Lawan abinitio. OBJ may play d boxoffice-topping video dat day. Am keeping a date!

2 Likes

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by maigaskiya1: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2012
Lucy001: It takes a thief to identify one.... Lolz
fadar of all thefs ur chilren neds some grandmasteric re orientatn
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by zangiff(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2012
Let wait and see whho and who are the real rogues
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Donmeca(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2012
al-ahamad:
Another commitee is about to be formed with someone as the chairman just to investigate OBJ's statement.....WTF is ther to investigate when it was said in plain English.

For crying out loud, can't we just read one good news from that sorry asss crappy nation call Nigeria?

Is that too much to ask?

That committee has always bn in a existence....in every NASS! U guys shud spare us dis wanton display of ignorance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down / Police Aid 8 Of 30 Benue Lawmakers In Impeachment Move Against Ortom - This Day / Saraki Meets PDP Delegates In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.