|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1061433 members, 1232188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 04:11 AM
|Best Bridesmaid Dresses by Jenny Zhu: 8:01am On Jun 11, 2012|
Bridesmaids come in all colours, shapes and sizes, just like dresses. However, not all colours suit everyone and some shapes look better in specific styles of dress. This doesn't mean having lots of different bridesmaids' dresses, because there are ways of making it all work while keeping everyone happy.
Colours for Bridesmaid Dresses
When the colour theme for the wedding has been decided, it does not have to spell disaster for the bridesmaids. Everyone can wear a shade or tone of most colours, and the dresses do not have to be identical as long as they remain within the colour palette. Look for jewel or pastel shades which complement the bridesmaid's natural skin and hair colour. Tie it all together with matching shoes and wedding flowers and the theme will look elegantly natural.
Red and Pink Bridesmaid Dresses
• Blonde and fair skinned beauties look good in pastel pink shades.
• Brunettes could go for a deeper red, cerise or magenta dress.
• Redheads look best in very pale pink.
• Dark skinned women look wonderful in strong pinks and reds
Blue Bridesmaid Dresses
• Blondes and brunettes can wear most shades of blue.
• Redheads look best in deeper shades with a hint of green.
• Dark skinned bridesmaids could go for the more purple blue shade but not too dark.
Lavender and Purple Bridesmaid Dresses
• Almost everyone looks good in lavender or deep purple.
• Redheads and dark skinned bridesmaids should go for the stronger shades for purple.
Orange and Yellow Bridesmaid Dresses
• Yellow is a really difficult colour for bridesmaids. If it is the chosen theme, look for very pale golden yellow or deep gold.
• In the same way, orange can make all skin tones look washed out or sallow. Go for the richer bronze end of the orange spectrum and soften with a cream trim or lace at the neckline. Alternatively, choose peach shades for brunette bridesmaids.
Green Bridesmaid Dresses
• Redheads look gorgeous in most shades of green, especially emerald.
• Blondes and brunettes could go for the more aquamarine tints.
Black Bridesmaid Dresses
• For evening weddings, bridesmaids can look beautiful in black. The dresses should be short, simple and with thin straps. Dark skinned bridesmaids should have a white or silver trim at the neckline to soften the effect.
Tips About Bridesmaid Shapes
• Darker colours tend to make people look slimmer. Pale colours including white can make women look large. In general, if the bridesmaids are going to be wearing a pale colour, keep the shape very simple, preferably straight.
• Although flower-girl children look adorable in long princess dresses, short adults can be swamped by long full skirts. Short girls are best in shorter dresses without too much detail or fussy design.
• Taller bridesmaids can wear short or long dresses. For very slender women, a fuller skirt or sleeve detail will create a better balance.
• Choose soft flowing fabric rather than the stiffer satins or traditional taffetas.
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health