Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails (6237 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Police Arrests INEC Officials, Party Agents Over Electoral Offences In Zamfara / Police List 15 Major Electoral Offences Voters Must Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by 740megawatts: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2012
6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails Over Drug Offences

BY OKEY NDIRIBE & EMMAN OVUAKPORIE

Director-General, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Mr Femi Ajayi, weekend, said over 6,000 Nigerians were serving various jail terms across the globe for drug related offences.

Ajayi told the Abike Dabiri-Erewa-led House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora Matters in Abuja that Nigeria had more of its nationals in prisons outside the country than any other African country.

Ajayi who listed some of the countries as Iran 4,000, Brazil 500, Thailand 500, Malaysia 300, said the list was more than that “but that was what we have for now.”

He said the bulk of those caught for drug related offences outside the country were from the South-East with majority coming from Anambra State.

“I don’t know what we can do about the large number of our brothers from the South-East who indulge in this illicit business. Can you believe that of the 500 Nigerians in Thailand prisons, 480 of them are from the South-East and 450 from it are from Anambra State?”

Ajayi further said the agency had been facing many challenges hindering the optimal performance of its duties as an enforcement agency on drug related matters.

for more information, read: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/6000-nigerians-in-foreign-jails-over-drug-offences/

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by 740megawatts: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2012
Umu Anambra, kee kwanu? Kedu ke'ichoro? The statistics say it all. By the way, what the hell are Nigerians doing in Iran of all places?
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by inspirenet: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2012
crazy!
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by TonySpike: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2012
Na wa oh...Naija dey prison everywhere! I'm sure we have Nigerians in prisons in war-torn Somalia sef...
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by denitro(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
Good for them
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Anambra kwenu! Kezwe nu oh

2 Likes

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by ebamma(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
dis days honesty and trust worthiness is in sharp decline,cos people in dis country only give u respect when the know dat u are rich.
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by 360command: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Na wa ooo! I don tire to dey hear all this.
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Rhino5dm: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Awon Omo'n Ibo? angry . . .These Ibo boyz and money? Gaddamit!!!

1 Like

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by miteolu(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Na Yoruba get sense pass. Yorubas always remember the sons of whom they are. Yorubas are not AFTER sharp sharp money but always look and hope for a better tomorrow. Yorubas can endure till things get better. Yorubas always protect their names come any where. Once Yorubas can get breakfast,launch (if possible), and dinner they give glory to God. UP ODUA

6 Likes

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by sunjetg: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Oke ochicho!!!
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
:oIbos and Get rich quick syndrome,dem fit use dem Mama for rituals.Igbo 'Isreali' Kwenu...

5 Likes

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ least they are where they belong.If they were in nigeria they'd be walking freely and anyone trying to stop them will be labeled an enemy of progress
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Sealeddeal(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
As long as the rich are the only people that are respected in nigeria,we have not heard the worst.well,anambra people aint dulling shaa.but finally,we can never stop that a beg.money dey there. Kare biri,Jini biri !
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Rhino5dm: 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
4000 in IRANNNNNNNNNNNNN of all places!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked . . .Ibo?
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by SisiKill1: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
Of all places. . .Iran??!!!

SMDH!! sad
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Ndata(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
Wetin Anambra do una nau? The other day El Rufai took on Anambra state calling it a failed state. Now it's a Yoruba man Ajayi's turn.Abeg make una leave my beloved state alone.

1 Like

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Shup-up you asshole...I'm not Igbo but atleast I know you Yorubas aint better...

2 Likes

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Rhino5dm: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
Another Ibo ediot hiding under the user name "PortharcourtBoy"? Poor low lifer. You should be thinking of how to recover back the bodies of your brothers after feeding them to the gas chamber.

Out of 500 nigerians in thailand, 480 are Ibos shocked shocked shocked.

PortHarcourtBoy:

Shup-up you asshole...I'm not Igbo but atleast I know you Yorubas aint better...

1 Like

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by achi4u(m): 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
what is wrong about this drug ?,did they force people to buy this drug?

with huge cash involved in this trade...guys must play d game.

...and mind u not only igbos.

1 Like

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by rinora(f): 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
miteolu: Na Yoruba get sense pass. Yorubas always remember the sons of whom they are. Yorubas are not AFTER sharp sharp money but always look and hope for a better tomorrow. Yorubas can endure till things get better. Yorubas always protect their names come any where. Once Yorubas can get breakfast,launch (if possible), and dinner they give glory to God. UP ODUA

I dont think dats a nice response,and its response like yours that spring up tribal wars on nairaland,am a proud yoruba,but when the truth has to be said,i wont desist from saying it,stop glorifying Yoruba people that we are saints and do not commit crimes,we are equally guilty of other crimes too,even drug related crimes,is Baba Suwe not a Yoruba man,or the common Yahoo Yahoo business,that flourishes among our youths,is not Yoruba boys that reside lagos that are at the forefront of such,so my dear,stop glorifying what is not,that fact that most of those caught are Igbos from Anambra does not justify in any way that Yorubas themselves are saints

5 Likes

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by nairalady(f): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
only God can save this country undecided

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Dejohnbull: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
6000 nigerians in prison abroad r de all guilty:-(, our own npf wil arrest u 4 walking late hour charge u to court 4 steeling or assault on officer. Ndlea wil arrest u 4 smoking marijua & end up in jail as a drug baron. We talking of another mans land & their Drug law
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by crackhouse(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
740megawatts: Umu Anambra, kee kwanu? Kedu ke'ichoro? The statistics say it all. By the way, what the hell are Nigerians doing in Iran of all places?
they sell drugs to Al quaeda network to enable them carry out their suicide bombings without sentiments or fear of favour.
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Jenticles(f): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
Na so abeg eno dey easy. Kedu udi ihe bu ihea, must u carry ogwu when u can't handle it. Ogwu biz needs patients 4 u 2 succeed biko umu Anambra unu akparizina anyi nwe ndidi ka ndi ma ihe ana alu kuziere gi uzo, ahia meth siri ike may God help us Amen
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by crackhouse(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
because they no dey do am Baba Suwe style.

1 Like

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
That number is too low. There should be approximately 600,000 Nigerians in jail in foreign countries for drug related cases.
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by velo10: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
I think the number is more.
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by crackhouse(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
4000 in IRANNNNNNNNNNNNN of all places!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked . . .Ibo?
did he say that igbos are in iran?.

1 Like

Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by StarrMatthieu: 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Nice work!
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by achi4u(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jenticles: Na so abeg eno dey easy. Kedu udi ihe bu ihea, must u carry ogwu when u can't handle it. Ogwu biz needs patients 4 u 2 succeed biko umu Anambra unu akparizina anyi nwe ndidi ka ndi ma ihe ana alu kuziere gi uzo, ahia meth siri ike may God help us Amen
get rich quick or die trying...umu Anambra buzi okuko ana-egbu ubosi ndu na agu ha.
sorry
Re: Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails by naylove(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
foolish people. the least they xa do is consult baba suwe for elders advise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Didn’t Know Corruption Was This Much Under Me- Former Pres, Goodluck Jonathan / 750bn Agriculture Intervention Fund To Be Created By FG & CBN / Aisha Buhari Visit To US: The Intelligent Question We All Failed To Ask.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.