Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Things Broke People Say - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things Broke People Say (18964 Views)

10 Things Extraordinary People Say Everyday. / People Say I Look Like Genevieve-(ceelinarsings) / Nigerians In Guiness Book Of Records And The Records They Broke::::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Broke People Say by Daverytimes(m): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
mukina2: money can't buy you happiness

don't talk to people anyhow...you don't know how they will help you in future"

we will all die someday and won't take our money with us!

pure water is N10 Bottle water is N50, no be water dey inside?

Nah, I'll just have some water

Is That With Or Without Tax

am not the BlackBerry type or iPhone either... I jus prefer Nokia 1100

its almost her birthday, time to start an argument

Am not broke and i can tell you money will never buy you happiness, you might have a burst of joy but it quickly wears out.
Re: Things Broke People Say by jarem(m): 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ogadimma,
chukwudi...
Re: Things Broke People Say by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
When two broke asses are idling away time, u always hear stuffs like,
"if THEM give u Range Rover Sport and S-Class Mercedes Benz, both 2012 model, which one u go take?"
i hv been wondering who this philantropic "THEM" is sef. Does anyone know?

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by betterbest: 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2012

You are absolutely wrong on this one, my boss is a billoniare yet he uses the cheapest nokia of N3200
Re: Things Broke People Say by godello: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
God of mercy ! All this r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d and wasteful youths commenting on this topic, dont u all have something better doing? Pls how is this beneficial to us all.
Re: Things Broke People Say by rezzy: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
If i carry #17,000 go buy hollandis, i go tie am for 30 yrs.
To carry pikin go for corona school na waste of money, school na school.
Cowbell milk better pass peak milk.
Choacoal dey quick done food pass stove.
Tomatoes wen dem grind with grinding stone dey sweet pass d one of blender.
Re: Things Broke People Say by tpia5: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
What a condescending and disdainful Thread!

i tell you- mukina is going to get herself so twisted it will take a miracle to straighten her out. . . . . .

is seun seeing someone else on nl or why has she (mukina) gone bananas?

check her other threads of recent- "why God is punishing you", blah blah blah. Let's see what next they'll tell her to post here.

not like i ever liked her before anyway (and the feeling is mutual from her as well), but she at least had the sense to not attempt giving herself hypertension unnecessarily and btw, i thought she has a fan following of mindless goons?

she will soon attack them while they're honking in support of her.

the womanoid be like witch.

Jesus take the reins.
Re: Things Broke People Say by Goldieluks: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2012
I don't like to live in a big apartment, I prefer a studio flat ( 1 bedroom apartment)
I prefer walking to driving, because walking is part of exercise.
I prefer to eat vegetables, instead of spending money on meat/fish.
I want to take a bus because I have a phobia for flights.
I go to school from home because it is easier that way, instead of staying off campus.
I don't like fixing my hair, I prefer to carry a low cut.
I wish I can just see some cash as I walk down this road.
I will flash you as soon I get home.
I don't eat out cause one gets to spend too much, I prefer to cook myself a more palatable meal.
Re: Things Broke People Say by dont8(m): 12:17am On Jun 12, 2012
tpia@:

i tell you- mukina is going to get herself so twisted it will take a miracle to straighten her out. . . . . .

is seun seeing someone else on nl or why has she (mukina) gone bananas?

check her other threads of recent- "why God is punishing you", blah blah blah. Let's see what next they'll tell her to post here.

not like i ever liked her before anyway (and the feeling is mutual from her as well), but she at least had the sense to not attempt giving herself hypertension unnecessarily and btw, i thought she has a fan following of mindless goons?

she will soon attack them while they're honking in support of her.

the womanoid be like witch.

Jesus take the reins.
I think Mukina's user name has been hijacked by an hacker going by this post alone, Jeez!
Re: Things Broke People Say by tpia5: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2012
i just checked her post history (what i could of it) and noticed the "vent your anger" thread opened by maclatunji.

denzel2009 was cursing someone out there and our dear mukina was highly supportive of his very ugly choice of words on the thread. i would have reposted the exact quotes but the the topic was locked.

people like this, i consider extremely dangerous because they do their stuff undercover and work by buttressing all that is anti-social and inimical to well being. All while playing to the gallery of senseless goons who worship them as if they are gods.

these d.aft goons are usually the iones they pick to fight their fights for them so they (the instigator) can remain above suspicion and protect their lily white image.
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 12, 2012
laughing continues.
under of pot sweet pass.
two days old soup is sweeter .
cut your coat according to your size.
even govt. sef dey owe
Re: Things Broke People Say by garbigarba: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2012
~Kaylee~:

1). I can't believe you just associated that statement exclusively with broke people. This is supposed to be a joke right? I know people who are not broke (myself included) and I say that all the time. It is called having upright morals and not being "broke"!

2). Well isn't that true? Even the rich wouldn't go to heaven/hell with their money.. so.. what's the point of including this on the list?

3). On the rare occasions when I eat out, I chose to have water (plus lime, if the restaurant offers) instead of sweet drinks not because I am broke, but because I am health conscious. We also have a family history of diabetes and I wouldn't want to heighten my susceptibility to the ailment by ordering sweet drinks to portray myself as a financially buoyant person. Water is the healthiest drink on earth, if one has a special preference for it, it doesn't by any chance mean the person is a pauper.

4). Calculation errors abound in many stores. What's wrong with clarifying if the [final] bill given is with/without tax? I do that all the time when ridiculous prices are given for items I know should cost less. And my suspicions save me money more times than not!

5). With all these things I said, I use an Iphone 4 and could afford to upgrade to the latest model whenever I choose...

This post should be taken off the home page, please. It screams ignorance.

You seriously need to loosen up a lil bit
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 12, 2012
godello: God of mercy ! All this r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d and wasteful youths commenting on this topic, dont u all have something better doing? Pls how is this beneficial to us all.
laugh n free stress

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by dont8(m): 1:14am On Jun 12, 2012
Is it not even better to be broke financially than broke in mind and soul? Truely, this thread has blown open how an average Nigerian thinks and act. Fortunately, the rich and the truly broke people do all this while people swimming in abject poverty and doesn't know (I call them 'Unknown poor', it's another thing to be poor and know) won't do them for example, rich people don't eat much because they have to balance their diet while the 'unknown poor' eats like 2 eggs at a go and lots of meat and thereby accumulate fats and cholestrol to their body.
The rich and the broke can't afford to spend anyhow because they spend according to budget but the 'unknown poor' will spend lavishly with a meagre salary and most times, with no source of income, using expensive BB for example when you've not eaten or can't sustain the subscription, wearing expensive clothing and calling it packaging, God knows they're many in our society, especially my hood. Truth is, everyone knows this and we can relate with it, laugh about it, but we should not misquote the bible and the truth that are obvious, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by swtchicgurl: 1:15am On Jun 12, 2012
ok
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 12, 2012
~Kaylee~:

1). I can't believe you just associated that statement exclusively with broke people. This is supposed to be a joke right? I know people who are not broke (myself included) and I say that all the time. It is called having upright morals and not being "broke"!

2). Well isn't that true? Even the rich wouldn't go to heaven/hell with their money.. so.. what's the point of including this on the list?

3). On the rare occasions when I eat out, I chose to have water (plus lime, if the restaurant offers) instead of sweet drinks not because I am broke, but because I am health conscious. We also have a family history of diabetes and I wouldn't want to heighten my susceptibility to the ailment by ordering sweet drinks to portray myself as a financially buoyant person. Water is the healthiest drink on earth, if one has a special preference for it, it doesn't by any chance mean the person is a pauper.

4). Calculation errors abound in many stores. What's wrong with clarifying if the [final] bill given is with/without tax? I do that all the time when ridiculous prices are given for items I know should cost less. And my suspicions save me money more times than not!

5). With all these things I said, I use an Iphone 4 and could afford to upgrade to the latest model whenever I choose...

This post should be taken off the home page, please. It screams ignorance.
haba brotherly na lime abi na lemon. This thread touch u sha... Na ghetto fab u be?
Re: Things Broke People Say by Smart007i(m): 2:08am On Jun 12, 2012
Ey! No be small thing o....God dey cheesy
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 12, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
*Wat does not kill u makes u stronger.
*A patient dog eats d fatest bone.
*No condition is permanent.
*Hardship brings out d best in us.
*it wil b easier for a camel to pass tru d eye of a needle than for a rich man to make heaven.
*Gods time is d best
*It is well

haba aboki grin
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
*Wat does not kill u makes u stronger.
*A patient dog eats d fatest bone.
*No condition is permanent.
*Hardship brings out d best in us.
*it wil b easier for a camel to pass tru d eye of a needle than for a rich man to make heaven.
*Gods time is d best
*It is well

lol. haba aboki
Re: Things Broke People Say by arantess: 3:00am On Jun 12, 2012
So dis rubbish really means sum1 is broke eh?...$€€ reasoning
Re: Things Broke People Say by Dermie: 5:18am On Jun 12, 2012
grin
doxime: Guy:waiter abeg give me a plate of eba...
waiter:how many pieces of meat...
Guy:which kind meat, i be tiger...
grin
doxime: Guy:waiter abeg give me a plate of eba...
waiter:how many pieces of meat...
Guy:which kind meat, i be tiger...
LWTMB!
Re: Things Broke People Say by greatgod2012(f): 5:25am On Jun 12, 2012
*i'm afraid to buy any car now, because of its maintenance
*a low-level woman will respect u more dn dse xpensive ladies
*dre is job security in govt-paid jobs,i cant afford to loose it now
*i tink its high tme i leave ds church, dy want to drain my pocket
what a funny joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it sha, it reveals some truth abt some pple.
Re: Things Broke People Say by coolgb(m): 6:05am On Jun 12, 2012
'Please call me. I love you'.
Re: Things Broke People Say by 9zeros(m): 6:26am On Jun 12, 2012
betterbest:

You are absolutely wrong on this one, my boss is a billoniare yet he uses the cheapest nokia of N3200

billioniare? really?
Re: Things Broke People Say by abiamahart: 6:46am On Jun 12, 2012
@kaylee. nice points and seconded
Re: Things Broke People Say by Frank3n2(m): 6:46am On Jun 12, 2012
''Beer is bitter''...lol
Re: Things Broke People Say by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
When two broke asses are idling away time, u always hear stuffs like,
"if THEM give u Range Rover Sport and S-Class Mercedes Benz, both 2012 model, which one u go take?"
i hv been wondering who this philantropic "THEM" is sef. Does anyone know?
Re: Things Broke People Say by Cupidkc(m): 8:05am On Jun 12, 2012
NL makes me laugh real gud...y paid 5k for a nite of a thousand laufs, when NL can mk u lauf wela
Re: Things Broke People Say by JahMan1: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2012
Even though I gross like 650k per month, I think that I am still very broke.
Reason: I say most of those things.
So help me God to improve so I will check again if I will drop them.
Re: Things Broke People Say by JahMan1: 8:24am On Jun 12, 2012
someone once said..."some people are so poor that all they hv is money"
Re: Things Broke People Say by kay9(m): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2012
kentorito:
laugh n free stress
laugh n free stress?? I dunno man, maybe i've never really learnt how to make fun of people for no good reason. Y'all actually took the time to make fun of poor people? And doing that relieved u of stress?? Man, thats just low.
I wonder how many people would still find it funny if the title of this thread was ''Things Black People Say''... Doesnt take much to get us all up in arms screaming ''racism!'', abi?
Re: Things Broke People Say by kay9(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2012
Jah Man: someone once said..."some people are so poor that all they hv is money"
Mmm... U know this can be interpreted several ways.
Re: Things Broke People Say by Shinatu: 8:33am On Jun 12, 2012
I do not know much about the Poster but I do not believe the intention of this post is to mock the 'poor' think it exposes our hypocrisy and deceitful nature as human beings.

I am not poor by God's grace but my phone is nothing to write home about and I am very comfortable with it, I do not go about preaching how wasteful it is to buy expensive phones even if I think it is.

I sincerely believe that materialism is destructive and that' vanity, all is indeed vanity' I try to get value for money spent but I do not go screaming it with bitterness at every rich/richer man I see.

All these people saying it is a waste to send a child to Corona and that it is healthier to walk than to take a ride in a car are usually the ones that will not allow you to rest at PTA and
at Landlord's meeting with their 'show show' attitude once the cash start coming in!

My point? All still believing God for upliftment, please fill your hearts with positive things,encourage yourself with the word of God forget whatever anybody thinks,try not to envy, it is reflected in the things you say and you may end up just making a mockery of yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela's Grave / Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? / 13 Powerful Ways To Transform Yourself For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.