Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! (1865 Views)

The Knife Doctors Removed From Cheek Of Woman Stabbed By Husband (Pics) / Secondary School Cultist Stabs Boy With ‘poisoned Knife’ •victim’s Leg Amputated / Father Cuts Daughter’s Leg With Hot Knife, Flees (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2007
It is becoming alarming and shocking the sudden increase in the so called Gun and knife gang crime amongst our youth.
Sad to say predominately 'black on black'.

Within 3 months in Britain alone 24 kids aged between 11 and 19 have been knifed or shot dead right at the starting of their life's embarassed Leaving their family's grief stricken.

Why?? because of a so called gang war between rival gangs?? so called revenge shootings/stabbings.

I question is this a so called 'copy cat' fashion from what they see on TV especially amongst 'American gangster film's excuse  the Pun 'American Gangster has just been release in Britain again glorifying the use of guns and knifes for the immature brains of these kids.

I'm sure the same can be said in America and  sure the incidences of death amongst teenagers very HIGH.  Is it the same in Nigeria nd other African countries??

And if so what is the government doing to stop this very dishearting crime? What are we as mature individuals doing to raise the awareness of this and how are we going to stop this

I am now involved in a youth support group which encourages young kinds to speak in confidence about any issues they may have and give advice where appropriate. I t is only an hour a week but i guess its some thing  undecided

Your views please
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by Seun(m): 9:36am On Nov 24, 2007
This is in the UK, right? You should indicate that in the title. Moving to Crime section.
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2007
Nope not just the UK, I have stated clearly if this happens in Nigeria and other African countries.

For your general information out of the 24  killed over here 4 have been African (Nigerian)
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by Seun(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2007
There has been no "sudden increase" in gun and knife death among Nigerian youths in Nigeria. Don't be an alarmist.
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 10:46am On Nov 24, 2007
Nothing wrong with alerting people people , shocked If you lived here ( im sure you travel to london )it is alarming and very concerning and im sure those of us that live here will agree.

Looking at positive ways to resolve this matter not the opposite, im sure youll agree wink
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by Seun(m): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2007
That's why I said you should have used the word "UK" in the title so you only alarm those that need to be alarmed.

Unless you are sharing practical tips about how to avoid falling victim to such crimes, such posts don't help anybody.
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 11:10am On Nov 24, 2007
Ahhh get your point shocked cheesy

thanks , x
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2007
another kid killed today, cry
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by chuckdee4(m): 11:00am On Nov 28, 2007
This nonsense is as a result of so many things

- Poor parenting
- No extra curricular activities for these kids
- The government not taking the issue seriously

I don't feel African kids are targetted, its more like being in the wrong place at the wrong time, although most of them are gang related but not nationality related.
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2007
thanks for your response, true words you speak, obviously its a terrible time , just agian today 3 teens were beaten up to near death,
i wonder what the government is doing, i can only try, embarassed
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by chuckdee4(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
britgirlee:

thanks for your response, true words you speak, obviously its a terrible time , just agian today 3 teens were beaten up to near death,
i wonder what the government is doing, i can only try, embarassed

Where did this happen?

I hate to play the race card but why do i get the feeling that once back teenagers are killed the police don't seem to put i as much effort as they would a white teenager, see how the cases of

Rhys Williams (I think), the Evertonian kid that was shot
Madeline etc

have been chased endlessly. How long did we have to wait for Damilola's case to be resolved, there quite a few other black murders still pending
- The QPR teenager
- The Naija boy murdered in his sleep in SE
- The one axed in Manchester or was it Liverpool
- John Regis nephew stabbed in West Ham

the list is endless, don't like to jump into conclusions but am i the only one noticing this
Re: Gun And Knife Crime in the 'UK' resulting In Death Amougst Our Youths !! by britgirlee(f): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
it happenef in south london, cant rember where,

but you raised an imprtant point black teenagers ARE NOT at the top of the police investigation unless they have high profile relatives i.e regis,,,,,, shocked

(1) (Reply)

[pics + Video]: Husband Beheads Wife For Infidelity [pics + Video] / Woman Force To Have S3x With Dead Husband (see Photo) / PHOTOS : Five Years Old Boy Hawking Vegetables In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.