Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC (8388 Views)

15inch Macbook Pro With Retina Display At A Giveaway Price. / iPad Air Unveiled By Apple / Worst Virus Announced By Cnn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by mukina2: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2012/06/mbp-2.jpg?w=600[/img]
[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2012/06/mbp-3.jpg?w=600[/img]

Apple announced on Monday the New MacBook Pro laptop. The device is a stunning 25 percent thinner than the previous MacBook and also boasts brand new "Retina Display" that has four times the number of pixels of its predecessor.

"There has never been a notebook this thin, this light, this powerful for professional use," Phil Schiller, senior vice president of worldwide marketing at Apple, said when announcing the New MacBook Pro at the 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, according to Sky News.

The New Macbook Pro is only .71 inches thick. And like the latest iPhone and iPad, its Retina Display has so many pixels they're indistinguishable to the eye from normal viewing distance.

It has two USB 3.0 ports, two Thunderbolt ports and one HDMI port, allowing for seamless viewing on many television and external HD displays. Additionally, the speakers, camera and microphone have all been updated.

The new Pro weighs in at under 4.5 pounds.

"It's built for extreme levels of performance, but it's remarkably portable," Jony Ive, Apple's senior vice president of Industrial Design said in an introductory video.

According to Endgadget, the New Macbook will have 6GB of RAM and be available with a quad-core 2.7GHz Core i7 processor. It will also have up to 768 GB of solid-state drive (SSD) storage.

The battery will last seven hours and have 30 days of standby time.

The New MacBook Pro will retail for $2,199 and starts shipping today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/11/new-macbook-pro-apple-retina-display_n_1587245.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

2 Likes

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by zangiff(m): 8:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
Very lovely.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^You can say that again. (Thank Goodness I won't require 3D glasses for this).

The folks at Apple are really doing a good job at keeping the 'Steve Jobs' ingenuity on autorun... cool
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by dastudent(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
Plus it might cost 400 thousand naira in nigeria.lol!

1 Like

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by zangiff(m): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
But the price no easy at all

2 Likes

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by purefella(m): 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thank God that i have stopped following technology things for years , If nah before nah how to buy the latest i go dey think by now , laptop is thin or fat or even nah desktop, they will serve you the same purpose = BROWSING!!!

3 Likes

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
i can't wait for iphone 5... Its gonna be Bleep.i.n.g badt
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by crackhouse(m): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Can i handle this with my 30kg hand?. I am Just afraid it might break while holding it.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by kingsilly(m): 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
da student: Plus it might cost 400 thousand naira in nigeria.lol!
the irony is dat bb porshe cost pass sm nd the fone is d most useless fone ive set ma eyez on...weldone apple...even if i cant buy ur device i will console myself wid the fruit...

5 Likes

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
purefella: Thank God that i have stopped following technology things for years , If nah before nah how to buy the latest i go dey think by now , laptop is thin or fat or even nah desktop, they will serve you the same purpose = BROWSING!!!

^^Not Exactly, Computers come in different flavors... try Volume rendering or Path tracing on a Dell XPS and you'll discover why people shed bucks to get "Computers" (and why there are several kinds of computers).

Not everyone uses their PC's for Browsing alone.

2 Likes

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
calling texazzpete cheesy cheesy
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by lifestyle1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
I will buy it when the price drops to 100k undecided

1 Like

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by SisiKill1: 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
People still use Laptops? shocked shocked
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Seun(m): 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sisi_Kill: People still use Laptops? shocked shocked
Yes. For work. Do you know what that is? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by mrperfect(m): 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
This is good innovation.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Afam4eva(m): 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
kingsilly:
the irony is dat bb porshe cost pass sm nd the fone is d most useless fone ive set ma eyez on...weldone apple...even if i cant buy ur device i will console myself wid the fruit...
Lmao

Apple should work towards reducing the price of their computers. We don have to rob a bank to buy a laptop na. This wowo HP don tire me sef.

1 Like

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by SisiKill1: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Seun:

I know not this WORK of which you speak of. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Ajibel(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Seun:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sisi_Kill: People still use Laptops? shocked shocked

cry cry cry

The Apple mgt would never cease to take the lead. When would we hve innovative Nigerians coming up with stunning ideas undecided lipsrsealed
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Vergil: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
kingsilly:

Haba! Phone cost over 400K? Easy na!

When pple can kinda buy this with a month or a month and a half salary, back in dem countries (UK, US, Aus, Can, NZ etc). Wonder what the case for Nige is.

And they keep shouting, money fey naija. Fair enough monney dey. It just no deey for seriously nice gadget spending. But food etc...e dey!

Na lie man talk?
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
Just thinking aloud, with tablets of all kinds being lunched by different companies, Laptops or notebooks don't have to be thin, cos no one is carrying it around anymore, Laptop or notebook is meant for the desk while tablets can be light cos we move around with them. So emphasizing on thin and lightness is bull at this age cos tablet rules. Then on the speed, its remarkable but makes no difference. Retina vision, cool but not a reason to fling the present stocks in the market. I love it when techy companies try to bring out new products but then, this makes no difference to the world. Congrats Apple but, in the real sense, I guess, innovation has been exhausted.

1 Like

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
Apple keep making their laptops thinner and thinner. But unless they wrap them in kevlar (material used in making bullet-proof vests) a la Motorolla Droid RAZR HD, the probability of them cracking or splitting in two increases with every .01 inch they shave off.
But that aside, Apple have dropped the ball. They used to have the most pleasing UI since ever (and they only recently implemented a crappy full-screen window system, which Windows has had for over a decade now), I gotta say that Windows 8 has got Mac OS (insert exotic letter or cannivorous animal here) beat. Hands down. It is the most integrated OS ever, in the history of OSes. And the UI is just örgasmic.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by moonraker(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Apple has simply gone mad!!!

Retina Display on a laptop (first of it kind)...

Starting price is $2199. do the math...
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
SimonAndal: Apple keep making their laptops thinner and thinner. But unless they wrap them in kevlar (material used in making bullet-proof vests) a la Motorolla Droid RAZR HD, the probability of them cracking or splitting in two increases with every .01 inch they shave off.
Funny but true
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
But that aside, Apple have dropped the ball. They used to have the most pleasing UI since ever (and they only recently implemented a crappy full-screen window system, which Windows has had for over a decade now), I gotta say that Windows 8 has got Mac OS (insert exotic letter or cannivorous animal here) beat. Hands down. It is the most integrated OS ever, in the history of OSes. And the UI is just örgasmic.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Sealeddeal(m): 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
life_style: I will buy it when the price drops to 100k undecided
....lol..i dey ur side joor.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by phreakabit(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Meh . . . . Sticking with regular PC. Finding softwares for macintosh can be a pain in the azs. Either way I am impressed with the 6gb of RAM, that in combination with the processor power would help combat lag for heavy users.

#Windows et #Linux FTW!!!!
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by BusHouse(m): 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
In the next six month the tokunbo will be all over 9ja. Me i go wait o. After all i bought my clean ipad 3 for 40k at alaba.

1 Like

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by hustla(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
BusHouse: In the next six month the tokunbo will be all over 9ja. Me i go wait o. After all i bought my clean ipad 3 for 40k at alaba.

My Lawd! 40k?!! R u kidding or serious?!!
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by hustla(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2012

Ma broda,you will soooooooo jonze!I've neva seen a Mac' that's lower than 170k unless say na very old 2006/2007 version...
Sha keep w8n in line,d Lord z ya strength!
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by rockafela(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
BusHouse: In the next six month the tokunbo will be all over 9ja. Me i go wait o. After all i bought my clean ipad 3 for 40k at alaba.

i de tell u..will dump my acer timeline for this mac book in the next six months, the thing go don cheap like 120k
but no optical drive...the ordinary mac book pro is still prefered, i cant carry external drive about na
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
Damn,this is d ishhhh! I will add this to my wish list ...this is gud,for d fact dat its nt as costly as expected
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by BusHouse(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
hustla:

My Lawd! 40k?!! R u kidding or serious?!!
Over serious dey wory me self.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gmail Email Login | Www.gmail.com | Gmail Login Email / Help! Need Software For Jvc Camcorder / Install Windows On Your Apple Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.